• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *Tagged Book Spoilers, Please Read OP* |OT| Season 3 - Sundays on HBO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Series
It will be a huge disappointment if there is not a big payoff for Arya at some point. I just can't imagine going through all this development with her character, and building up her independence, just to do nothing with her.

Series
G.R.R.M has been known to fuck over any major character without any prior warning. No character(s) is/are safe or possess plot armor in this series. Rob Stark (I really thought he was going to be the King in the North for realz). Ned Stark. Catelyn Stark (revived). Joffrey. Amongst others.

hoos30

Oh, I agree. If anything, "Nothing that happens to her occurs because of her own volition." is mostly true of Bran and Sansa, not Arya, but I don't hold that against them either, since they're children.

...I... this makes so little sense, I don't even know where to begin. Sorry to ask, but are you simply just trolling now?

No, but certainly having a bit of fun with it. Obviously, opinions on characters are completely subjective. Only on GAF do we make a scientific argument about it.

It's 9 pm, do you know where your dragons are???

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Series
G.R.R.M has been known to fuck over any major character without any prior warning. No character(s) is/are safe or possess plot armor in this series. Rob Stark (I really thought he was going to be the King in the North for realz). Ned Stark. Catelyn Stark (revived). Joffrey. Amongst others.

Series.
But each of those deaths serves to continue the narrative. They all lead to something. Arya being on her own, totally separated from everyone else would make her death meaningless. While I don't think she's "safe", I think it would be horrible storytelling for her to just be randomly killed off, and can't see her being killed until she's back in the game somehow.

I just finished AFFC, and I don't think for a seconds that Brienne or Davos is dead because their "deaths" do absolutely nothing to advance the narrative and would have no impact on that narrative. Pretty much see the same thing with Arya. It's building to something, it's not just going to stop. Unless GRRM is just a crappy storyteller.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
They should have played the credits song form last week in place of the opening credits song since the recap ended on the hand.

Bread

Banned
that might be my favorite scene from the series right there. conleth hill was incredible, the casting director has a lot to be proud of with him.

The Spider!

tumblr_mbx7y7o0jq1r75klfo1_500.gif

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Yeah, I don't remember the story about him getting revenge on the guy who cut him in the books. If it's there, it must be in ADWD.

Judderman

drawer by drawer
Him talking about the sorcerer takes place in ACOK. Him getting revenge on the sorcerer is show exclusive. Never happened in the books.

Sorry if this has been brought up, but is the guy who rescued Theon
Boltons bastard son? Dude that makes Joffrey look like a choir boy?

I haven't read the books, but got really interested last season and did some reading on what happens to a lot of the characters. So no need to worry about spoilers, any information would be great.

Wait if this is the case
doesn't it go COMPLETELY against the books?
Or
is he just toying with Theon? Giving him false hope...

Continues to annoy me that the intro shows the Wall when we're never actually there. Could just fly over the area and say "beyond the Wall" or something.

Continues to annoy me that the intro shows the Wall when we're never actually there. Could just fly over the area and say "beyond the Wall" or something.

Tyrion took a piss off the wall in the first season.

Edit: Ah I get what you mean now... My mistake. You meant pertaining to this current season.

UraMallas

Wow. What an ending. All Books
I almost want them to throw the books out the window and bring that shit home. Nah, but seriously...

Saterium

Great ending..

ADWD
Maybe the show writers can somehow fix the terrible meereenese knot plot line. I'm not getting my hopes up though.

LordCanti

This was a better episode than the last one. The only problem I really have is how they didn't particularly explain why the events at Craster's Keep unfolded the way they did. It went from
grumbling to all out civil war without it being explained that there was an entire faction against Mormont's handling of things.

I guess Loras has (Series)
replaced the older brother. He was crippled or something, right? It's understandable that they'd get rid of him since nothing ever came of it.

The last bits with Khaleesi were fantastic, as were the bits with the Brotherhood.

I feel bad for the people in the thread where no one has read the books; They probably (series)
think Khaleesi is taking those unsullied to Westeros...NOPE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom