• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *Tagged Book Spoilers, Please Read OP* |OT| Season 3 - Sundays on HBO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great ending..

ADWD
Maybe the show writers can somehow fix the terrible meereenese knot plot line. I'm not getting my hopes up though.

I think they're going to, and gonna catch GRRM sooner than we all think.

I am geeking out. Seeing these scenes from A Storm of Swords acted out on screen is enough to make me weep. Not really, but close.

Couldn't agree more. I don't think I'm ready for the coming weeks.

Pretty good episode. Funny how they've managed to do a better job at Sam than Jon. The characters that they do a good job with they continue to do a good job with (Theon and Jaime), the others... a mixed bag. Preview Spoilers
Judging by next week, Tormund is going to continue to be shitty. But so is the rest of Jon's storyline so why not?

The idea of marrying Loras to Sansa made me laugh. ASOS
I had wondered why they didn't have him join the Kingsguard.

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
Each episode keeps getting better and better. The Unsullied theme is awesome.

Pretty good episode. Funny how they've managed to do a better job at Sam than Jon. The characters that they do a good job with they continue to do a good job with (Theon and Jaime), the others... a mixed bag. Preview Spoilers
Judging by next week, Tormund is going to continue to be shitty. But so is the rest of Jon's storyline so why not?

I was never a fan of (ASOS and beyond!)
Jon's storyline for the first half of ASOS. Too much "am I in too deep?" stuff.

They can do without Loras joining the Kingsguard. I don't think it was that integral... He can still storm Dragonstone like a dumbass with being one. :p

This was a better episode than the last one. The only problem I really have is how they didn't particularly explain why the events at Craster's Keep unfolded the way they did. It went from
grumbling to all out civil war without it being explained that there was an entire faction against Mormont's handling of things.

Starvation can do terrible things

aceface

On Dany (whole series spoilers)
So you'd think shed be going to Westeros like next week right? Hahahahahahhaahaha...haaaa... *cry*

Awesome ep.

Non-book readers are going to end up being disappointed. (series)
They're probably like, "Aww yeah, Daenerys is finally going to take back her throne and tear shit up." Too bad she's going to be dicking around in Meereen for like four seasons.

I really hate the idea of marrying Loras to Sansa. The whole irony of her character is that she's always paired with people who are the reversal of her preconceptions of royalty and knighthood (Joffrey, Sandor). Loras is pretty much her dream guy. Oh well.

jett

D-Member
Excellent ep, they did justice to one of my favorite scenes from the books. Also enjoyed Cersei getting completely shut down. Ho.

Looking at the preview, I can't believe how wrong they got Tormund. God knows the show could've used a livelier character.

Altazor

On Dany (whole series spoilers)
So you'd think shed be going to Westeros like next week right? Hahahahahahhaahaha...haaaa... *cry*

Awesome ep.

Non-book readers are going to end up being disappointed. (series)
They're probably like, "Aww yeah, Daenerys is finally going to take back her throne and tear shit up. Too bad she's going to be dicking around in Meereen for like four seasons.

I was thinking the same shit... [all books spoilers, up to ADWD]
man I REALLY FUCKING HATED THAT MEEREEN PLOT. Hope D&D condense it and improve it.

aceface

Yeah, the guy who killed Craster kind of came out of nowhere...pretty lazy, wish they set him up better.

Overall, great episode though. Loved the Sansa scene. Also, TV Margery might be my favorite character.

Great episode - this season continues firing on all cylinders.

Cannot wait for next week's episode. I actually thought Beric and The Hound were going to throw down this episode. Ah well, 7 day wait.

Plasmid

Boom Roasted.

This was a big scene in the books and they did it AMAZINGLY in the show. That fuckin reveal of her knowing valyrian.

I was thinking the same shit... [all books spoilers, up to ADWD]
man I REALLY FUCKING HATED THAT MEEREEN PLOT. Hope D&D condense it and improve it.

ADWD
They'll have to fix it, especially if they intend for AFFC/ADWD to last two seasons. Although given how they handled Qarth, I'm not holding out hope.

Also, I think that's the second episode this season with no nudity. Good for them on showing some restraint there.

instead they'll get to see asos
the red wedding which will catch them even more off-guard
hahahaohman.gif

This. And, spoiler quoting just in case ASOS
say what you will about the adaptation as a whole, but D+D fucking NAIL every big/vital moment. RW is gonna be fucking brutal.

btrboyev

ADWD
They'll have fix it, especially if they intend for AFFC/ADWD to last two seasons. Although given how they handled Qarth, I'm not holding out hope.

Also, I think that's the second episode this season with no nudity. Good for them on showing some restraint there.

They've considerably toned down sex scenes in general since the 1st season.

Lkr

oh god at that post in the book thread. he thinks that asos
joffrey will be facing off against dany
lol

Azrael

Fantastic episode. The mutiny and sack of Astapor were perfect, I really liked Jaime getting knocked down a few pegs, the show's version of the Queen of Thorns surpasses the book, and I even like the show's handling of Theon this season. I'd say it's tied with Blackwater right now as the best episode of the series.

It's pretty much how I imagined it would play out.

I'd bet Littlefinger will persuade Loras to join the Kingsguard now so he doesn't have to marry.

It's pretty much how I imagined it would play out.

I'd bet Littlefinger will persuade Loras to join the Kingsguard now so he doesn't have to marry.

Ha, that'd be pretty cool. Hopefully they do that.

Regarding this whole lack of nudity thing, this better not effect anything having to do with
Ygritte!

Maybe they're saving up for that. ASOS
Lord's kiss turns into the Lord's 69.

Judderman

drawer by drawer
(series)
They're not going to be able to fix it without pulling material from the unpublished books.

It's gonna suck, folks.

iu5CPUspE0rm2.gif

Shawsie64

Banned
This was a better episode than the last one. The only problem I really have is how they didn't particularly explain why the events at Craster's Keep unfolded the way they did. It went from
grumbling to all out civil war without it being explained that there was an entire faction against Mormont's handling of things.

I guess Loras has (Series)
replaced the older brother. He was crippled or something, right? It's understandable that they'd get rid of him since nothing ever came of it.

The last bits with Khaleesi were fantastic, as were the bits with the Brotherhood.

I feel bad for the people in the thread where no one has read the books; They probably (series)
think Khaleesi is taking those unsullied to Westeros...NOPE

Oh its soo good! Very hard to not say anything.

Altazor

I knew Diana Rigg was going to kick ass as Olenna.

Best Bond girl ever.

absolutely.

PERFECT CASTING. That scene with the House Mottos was great, and then the whole conversation with Varys showed how great of a player she is.

And, of course, Margaery seemed to learned from the best. She totally knows how to play the Game.

I think a lot of people missed [Late show/Series]
Missandei (sp?) saying the slave master was saying "They are untested. There are a lot of cities on the wastes that you can test them with" As a hint that she's not about to march to kings landing and is in fact going to march along the slave cities and take them

Missandei (sp?) saying the slave master was saying "They are untested. There are a lot of cities on the wastes that you can test them with" As a hint that she's not about to march to kings landing and is in fact going to march along the slave cities and take them

(series)
I doubt very many people caught that. And even if they did, they still won't realize that Dany is going to be going all John Brown on Slavers' Bay for the foreseeable future.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket

The show also fails to establish that often just how big the armies in Westeros are. 8000 unmounted troops aren't that much in the grand scheme of things.

TripOpt55

Wow they totally nailed that last scene I thought. One of my favorites from the books and I am so happy with how well they did it. That was amazing. Also liked the Beric intro. What an episode!

Dany

Banned
Great episode, and soem nice writing. I love the musical theme that goes with Dany so momentous. They really do a fantastic job capturing the big beats of the show while adding in some other scenes that are equally great.

Feel bad for theon. That guy is a prick.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
Compared to others I think I'm a little lower on this episode than most. They certainly nailed the Dany scene, but I thought some of the other scenes were kind of weird. I also thought there was some strange directing/camera cuts in parts especially when Jaime was being beaten by Locke. And while this season has been way ahead of the others in terms of visuals, aside from the Dany scene I thought things didn't look very good in general tonight. But overall a good episode though not my favorite of the season by any stretch.

EDIT: Oh, and while I had no problem with Pod's scene last week, I really did not like the rehash of it this week at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom