• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *Tagged Book Spoilers, Please Read OP* |OT| Season 3 - Sundays on HBO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kadayi

Banned
She's supposed to be 15-16 in the books.

And Danys supposed to be 13 when she was married to Drogo..however that's not the sort of thing that flies even on HBO.

Sure maybe ND is a little old for the part, however she's done a brilliant turn so far and brought a 3rd dimension to what was a pretty flat character in the books.

Dany

Banned
There is no amount of Professionally lighthning and Photoshopery can make this woman look good.

Let me explain to you
* face features all out of proportion. Chin too tiny, nose too long, too close to mouth etc etc
* Not a sweet face. She look old,like 28-30, and she act even older, like a 35 old woman. I haven't checked imdb but I wouldn't be surprised if she is 35.
* Wrong actress for the part. Margaery is supposed to be a a very innocent and young maiden, at least from the outside. She look all kind of calculating and manipulating just from her neck up. This severely undermind that "surprise" thing and also the incoming conflict between her and Cersei.

edit: this is supposed to be a cheese cake Equire Magazine shoot? And she still can't smile properly.

What is wrong with you?

Radec

Just saw the last episode, that last 7 mins was amazing.

A question regarding the dragons though:

will they become much bigger 1-2 seasons from now? like as big as The Hobbit's

Brashnir

will they become much bigger 1-2 seasons from now?

Not sure if the timeline will be 1-2 seasons or more - it depends on how they pace the show, but short answer is yes.

Major ADWD
Dany rides Drogon in Book 5

edit - as far as how big they might get eventually, this is a dragon skull from season 1:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aDnbHTcBWbQ#t=20s

Violater

will they become much bigger 1-2 seasons from now?

Series
IIRC they dont show up in the books for a while, then all of a sudden everyone is surprised by how big they have grown

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Not sure if the timeline will be 1-2 seasons or more - it depends on how they pace the show, but short answer is yes.

Major ADWD
Dany rides Drogon in Book 5

edit - as far as how big they might get eventually, this is a dragon skull from season 1:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aDnbHTcBWbQ#t=20s
Dragons grew to be less big in each generation but I think that was due to the way they were kept captive.

io3gX5MbbKYB.gif
gif should be updated. once he says "and I chose wrong" a huge red "D-BAG" stamp should come down across his face.

3rdman

ASOS/AFFC
The whole Red Wedding was shocking, because it made no sense. Walder Frey came off as a cowardly, yet calculating and careful person. He wanted his family to have more power, and a marriage to Robb would secure that power. No matter how the War went, Frey's name would survive given the number of kids he had. Betraying Robb was one thing, but the manner in which he did it just seemed off. They gained nothing, except revenge. Their family name is shit, and all they got from it was Lordship of Riverrun (which is still under the jurisdiction of Harenhall). While Riverrun is a nice prize, I can't imagine Emmon Frey's hold on it will last with the River Lords still being pissed, not to mention Edmure is still alive, and Brynden will no doubt surface at some point. Just seems like a stupid move from Walder, and that wasn't the impression I got from him in his earlier appearances.

And totally agree about Cersei. Though, especially if Jamie was still in their custody. She would have given up the North to get him back, probably more, since she has to account for Arya being "dead" and Sansa vanishing.

Late to the discussion on this but with
Riverun, the Freys become a house with the power equal to that of Winterfell. Emmon Frey won't be able to keep it but the RW was as much about Walder's Frey grasp for power and respect as much as it is about revenge. In the end, it's a misjudgment on his part...he surely thought that it would propel him into respectability with the Lannisters when it really just confirmed to everyone that he isn't a nobleman and unworthy of the respect he wants.

Eidan

I just started thinking. With the alleged confusion about who Barristan Selmy and Beric Dondarrion are.

ASOS
Are audiences aware of Kevan? Do they even know he's Tywin's brother? I'm not sure if the actor will even show up this season, but he should pop in during Tyrion's trial.

Azih

You mentioned Cat being mean to Jon, I explain she said something nasty in a moment of despair
To be fair Cat's been mean to Jon his entire life and that's not something that's different in either the books or the movies only difference between Show Cat and Book Cat in this sense is
Show Cat explicitly says she feels guilty about hating on Jon whereas Book Cat makes no such obvious statement

Brashnir

Dragons grew to be less big in each generation but I think that was due to the way they were kept captive.

Yeah, and we also don't know which "generation" these dragons belong to. For all we know, those eggs were ancient and from Aegon the Conqueror's time.

Also, magic was involved in them hatching, so likely none of this matters.

I just started thinking. With the alleged confusion about who Barristan Selmy and Beric Dondarrion are.

ASOS
Are audiences aware of Kevan? Do they even know he's Tywin's brother? I'm not sure if the actor will even show up this season, but he should pop in during Tyrion's trial.

Doubtful that anyone will recognize him, but at least his name and age pretty much tell you who he is without needing much explanation.

Aiii

So not worth it
Not based, it's what inspired the setting and scope of the story.

The source is GRRM in various interviews himself.

Dysun

I think I fell in love when I first saw her in The Tudors.

Dorner is perfect for the role, yes she's not a 15-16 innocent background player but I love what they've done with the character. They've added so much life to it and changed the dynamic between Joff/Cersei

Raist

Banned
Pro-tip: merely stating something doesn't make it true.

I'm not sure how you can defend
- Running off to KL, leaving her kids alone, just to deliver a message to her husband
- Capturing Tyrion and dragging him to the Eyrie (not Winterfell, wtf?)
- Trusting the slimy Littlefinger
- Leaving Jamie go

As being good decisions. She's just a frustrated, jealous, superstitious god botherer who doesn't bother to stop and think for a second before doing stuff with huge implications. Catelyn Tully sucks.

Burt

Not really relevant at the moment, but how have they gone through 2 castings of Gregor Clegaine and neither of them are Robert Maillet?

Dude is 7 feet tall and has an awesome angry face.

Could totally see him (can't remember which book but don't read this if you haven't been through 'em)
rocking a greatsword with one hand

Eidan

ASOS
Hopefully there's a chance that they'll recast Gregor again for next season. Or that the current guy goes on a bulk.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Ooh that giant from Sherlock Holmes. He looked scary as hell when he showed up in that film. Yeah, that'd be an excellent choice. It's sad to see these guys, then look at what we ended up with :(

[SoS]
Suddenly the Oberyn/Mountain fight, one of the highlights of the series, isn't looking that hot anymore

Too bad.

Ooh that giant from Sherlock Holmes. He looked scary as hell when he showed up in that film. Yeah, that'd be an excellent choice. It's sad to see these guys, then look at what we ended up with :(

[SoS]
Suddenly the Oberyn/Mountain fight, one of the highlights of the series, isn't looking that hot anymore

Too bad.

Yeah, ain't no way I'm going to believe SOS
the grab and crush now.

Wow, wow they have the wrong actor for that role. That scene will just look silly now.

-griffy-

Banned
I'm not sure how you can defend
- Capturing Tyrion and dragging him to the Eyrie (not Winterfell, wtf?)
Come on man, they made it clear as could be that she specifically didn't take him to Winterfell because that's the obvious place anyone would look to find them.

Dysun

I have hope they will re-cast the Mountain for a 3rd time. If Ian Whyte portrays him next year I'll be seriously bummed

aceface

Read an interview with Bryan Cogman today with some interesting stuff:

Cogman said:
David, Dan and I recently visited George at his home in Santa Fe for a few days to talk about GoT’s future and pick his brain about where all the storylines and characters are headed. We’re getting to the point now, as we map out future seasons, where that information is necessary. Mind you, George is still writing, so I imagine some of this stuff isn’t etched in stone, but he has a clear vision and he was kind enough to share. Needless to say, it was an amazing few days! I dared not write anything down… took no notes for fear of my computer getting swiped at the airport or something. It was a great trip — George is the consummate host and I managed to snag autographed copies of some of his other (non-ASoIaF) classics.

So it looks like they will be going to unpublished material with GRRM's guidance, which is really the best way to go about it. It's weird that the show will be the place we get new revelations for awhile though.

Interview here: http://winteriscoming.net/2013/04/a...ing-process-robb-and-talisa-and-renlys-peach/

Raist

Banned
Come on man, they made it clear as could be that she specifically didn't take him to Winterfell because that's the obvious place anyone would look to find them.

With Lannisters in KL/CR it doesn't matter. It's not like they'd be able to take over Winterfell when Stark's bannermen and own soldiers wer still in the North.
But I guess going to her batshit insane sister's, via an area known to have a bunch of barbaric tribes/thieves, is much better right?

Brashnir

With Lannisters in KL/CR it doesn't matter. It's not like they'd be able to take over Winterfell when Stark's bannermen and own soldiers wer still in the North.
But I guess going to her batshit insane sister's, via an area known to have a bunch of barbaric tribes/thieves, is much better right?

Winterfell is also about 50x as far away as the Eyrie.

-griffy-

Banned

For one, if news spread of Cat taking Tyrion while they were still on the road, and especially news that they were heading to Winterfell, the Lannister's would send out men to look for them on the road to Wintefell, where of course they wouldn't find them. It was merely a plan to throw them on the wrong trail.

Second, Cat thought she was going to a confidant, her sister who had sent her a letter warning her of the Lannisters, blaming them for her husband's death. Someone who she could trust and be safe with. She had no idea how messed up her sister had gotten. It had been years (decades?) since they'd seen each other.

Third, the Vale is essentially impenetrable.

There should be no confusion about why Cat brought Tyrion to the Vale instead of Winterfell, only confusion about why she arrested/kidnapped Tyrion with so little real evidence in the first place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom