• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"GAME OVER ...yyeEEAHHH!!!" The Official Sega Rally Revo thread of Ultimate Force!!!

Trojan X

Banned
No. Each car handles differently and this is even more apparent when you unlock more cars in the Championship, Modified and other game modes as some of the cars are even FASTER than the one you've been playing in the demo.

saelz8

I love this game. I play the demo at least once a day. :lol (With KB too!)

I'm going to get it as soon as it goes down in price for the PC, which shouldn't take long.

cochese

Any reviews on this?? I played the DC version for hours on end, loved it. Played the demo but I couldn't get a hang of the controls. Still on the fence on this one. Probably rent it first.

This game is to0 easy for a Pro racer like myself.
Fun though, and I like how they're using the Motorstorm ticket system - or at least it's very similar.
8.5 out of 10.

Trojan X

Banned
CurlySaysX said:
This game is to0 easy for a Pro racer like myself.
Fun though, and I like how they're using the Motorstorm ticket system - or at least it's very similar.
8.5 out of 10.

Have you completed the game already? Let us know the answer to that question together with how long it taken you to complete the game at 100% status.

Trojan X

Banned
What?! That's all you've done and you made a comment like "the game is too easy"? If you've said 80% or even 70% then that would have been more acceptable, but 20%?

Personally, I give the game a 9.2/10 because it really offers something new to racing games, thanks to the amazingly designed tracks and the undulating ground system which really works! 8.5/10 is still acceptable, but I believe you’ve rated the game a bit low and too prematurely; you haven't even reached half way through the game yet.

Btw, I consider myself a pro racer but I do not consider this game "too easy". Also, like all Sega Rally games, the real objective is to attain the fastest time. That's going to be my next mission when I've completed the game.

TabSel

SRR is anything but too easy... I mean, damn, I am simply unable to finish 1st in one single track in the last championship just fore the grat final... what am I doing wrong? In every other track I dominate the AI but this track... this is getting frustrating... the AI is too fast, wether I am driving a perfect line or not, unbelievable...

Diseased Yak

Gold Member
TabSel said:
SRR is anything but too easy... I mean, damn, I am simply unable to finish 1st in one single track in the last championship just fore the grat final... what am I doing wrong? In every other track I dominate the AI but this track... this is getting frustrating... the AI is too fast, wether I am driving a perfect line or not, unbelievable...

I'm starting to get worried about this talk of difficulty. I'm all for a game that makes me learn how to race, but shit like what NFS:MW did (rubberbanding BAD, with cars wiping you out at the very end after you blew them away the whole race up to that point) is unacceptable to me. I pre-ordered the PS3 version of SRR today but I may cancel that and just rent it.

I want to race and have fun (see Forza 2), not toss my controller out a window in frustration.

Trojan X

Banned
Big Nate said:
I'm starting to get worried about this talk of difficulty. I'm all for a game that makes me learn how to race, but shit like what NFS:MW did (rubberbanding BAD, with cars wiping you out at the very end after you blew them away the whole race up to that point) is unacceptable to me. I pre-ordered the PS3 version of SRR today but I may cancel that and just rent it.

I want to race and have fun (see Forza 2), not toss my controller out a window in frustration.

Do not worry. Believe me on this one, this game is NOT easy and it does make you learn how to drive properly. Do not listen to anyone who say it's easy and they can't back it up. Also, this game is definitely about finding your racing line and understanding the weight shifting of your car. It's definitely possible to beat this game, but you just have to think of a pro racer by learning the course; this is what you SUPPOSED to do with racing games.

Anyhow, THIS IS SEGA RALLY - should I need to say more?

Diseased Yak

Gold Member
Trojan X said:
Anyhow, THIS IS SEGA RALLY - should I need to say more?

You bring up a good point. As long as the game rewards real racing and doesn't rubberband me in the back of the head, then I'm happy.

but shit like what NFS:MW did (rubberbanding BAD, with cars wiping you out at the very end after you blew them away the whole race up to that point) is unacceptable to me.

There doesn't appear to be any rubber banding,or at least on the first 270 points in championship mode. I've managed to finish 10 seconds ahead a couple of times even after spinning out.
It's a fun game, I wouldn't worry about it getting too frustrating.
Getting a good start on the next 270 points appears to be integral though. IMO

Got it yesterday for PC (yay maxed-out everything @ 60fps). It's really fucking good. SRS have nailed the Sega Rally feel. The track deformation is really cool and I like how it affects your car. There is rubberband AI, but it's not annoying and it's slight enough so the racing is always tense.

TabSel

again, SRR is the most immersive and fun racing game to me, be it on or offline.

It's just that one single race i can't beat the AI... ot of what? 200 races along the championship? And I will get 10 pts in this race... I WILL!

Teppic

How do you get a good start by the way? I've always seems to be left behind in the start, even when I'm starting 2nd or 3rd.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
I forgot where I read it, but it appears that Sega Rally Revo cracked the top ten in the European sales charts- a good sign for Daytona USA 3. :D

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
I don't think anyone posted this, but here's the five secret achievements for the Xbox 360 version:

Lead the pack at the end of the first lap- 20G
Win a race by crossing the finish line in reverse- 20G
Hit 160 MPH/ 260 KPH on the speedometer- 20G
Stay in the air for two seconds during a jump- 30G
Win a race without colliding with cars or objects- 80G

twinturbo2 said:
I don't think anyone posted this, but here's the five secret achievements for the Xbox 360 version:

Lead the pack at the end of the first lap- 20G
Win a race by crossing the finish line in reverse- 20G
Hit 160 MPH/ 260 KPH on the speedometer- 20G
Stay in the air for two seconds during a jump- 30G
Win a race without colliding with cars or objects- 80G

fantastic! :lol

camineet

Banned
Mr. Pointy said:
Got it yesterday for PC (yay maxed-out everything @ 60fps). It's really fucking good. SRS have nailed the Sega Rally feel. The track deformation is really cool and I like how it affects your car. There is rubberband AI, but it's not annoying and it's slight enough so the racing is always tense.

PC for the motherfawking win. oh man I am sooooooooo sooooo jealous.

Sega Rally Revo at 60fps, that's the only way it should be played.

what graphics card ya got under the hood ?

if I'm lucky I might be able to get a new PC this year. the PC version will be the only version of Sega Rally I buy. I was afraid SRS would limit the PC version to 30fps, but at least they apparently came through for the PC version.

(rant)
this also makes me annoyed with current generation consoles (not talking about Wii)..... their under-powered GPUs and low-bandwidth main system memory & external graphics memory architectures (128-bit buses, bandwidths in the 20+ GB/sec range). it's a simple fact that if Xbox 360 and PS3 both had more pixel pipes/rops and wider external memory busses (with whatever else is needed to support that), we could have a greater number of 60fps games. sure not all games would be 60fps, as some developers would choose to use that hypothetical extra performance for even prettier visuals, but at least some developers would get games running at the all-important 60fps.

30fps is just so unacceptable for racing/driving games this generation. I'd even say it was unacceptable LAST generation given that the majority of AAA racers were 60fps.

(/rant)

Trojan X

Banned
Personally, I find it unbelievable that SEGA use to pump out on average 60fps on Model 2 and 3 arcades board, together with some amazing looking graphics at its time, and we're still struggling to have the same on these next-gen systems.

I guess it's all about talent.

Daigoro

Sega Rally fuck yeah!

god i loved the first two games. i was hoping this would come out as good as it sounds things have shaped up. i cant wait to play it. im going to download the pc demo this weekend.

just dont know wether to get the PC version (not a high end PC), or the 360 version (dont have one, yet... this year probably).

i dont guess there is cross platform play is there? what about online rankings, are they all seperate?

online rankings for time trials kicks so much ass.

JeStaH

negitoro7 said:
Is anybody else deciding between this and PGR4?? :*(

Damnit, too many great games this month.

I'm in the same boat. I was set on Rally Revo because 1 it's Sega Rally! 2 because PGR3 kind of left a bad taste in my mouth, so I wasn't expecting much from 4. I loved PGR1 and 2. Now the impressions on PGR4 are just killing me because they are so good.

Does anyone have both and can chime in on which to buy? I might buy one and rent the other.. Just not sure which is which.

Trojan X

Banned
JeStaH said:
I'm in the same boat. I was set on Rally Revo because 1 it's Sega Rally! 2 because PGR3 kind of left a bad taste in my mouth, so I wasn't expecting much from 4. I loved PGR1 and 2. Now the impressions on PGR4 are just killing me because they are so good.

Does anyone have both and can chime in on which to buy? I might buy one and rent the other.. Just not sure which is which.

Why does it have to be one or the other? Can't you get both?

camineet said:
what graphics card ya got under the hood ?
Geforce 8800GTS 640MB. I run it at 720p with 4xAA and get around 70fps, although it drops to 50-ish when there's a lot of stuff on screen.

JeStaH

Trojan X said:
Why does it have to be one or the other? Can't you get both?

I have too many racing games already. PGR3, Burnout, Forza 2.

I just rented PGR4 and so far it's looking like I'll be picking up Sega Rally Revo!! It really feels like most of what I loved about PGR1 and 2 is almost completely gone from the series. So sad, anyway but that's another thread....

I loved, loved SR2 on the Dreamcast. Based on the demo, Revo really feels like an evolution of SR2 so I think will enjoy it! I gotta wait until the 9th though in the US.

Aurelius

I've been playing the demo for a couple of days, and having a lot of fun. I usually don't like racing games (Forza, PGR and GT put me to sleep), but this is simple arcade fun! Probably will pick it up when it gets a little bit cheaper.

Diseased Yak

Gold Member
Picked up my copy for the PS3 today. It'll probably not be getting much time because of Orange Box, but I'll still pop it in tonight for some quick racing fun.

PSN= Diseasedyak if anyone wants to race online sometime.

marwan

Banned
do you guys think Sega would release a rumble update for Sega Rally Revo on the PS3 once the Dual Shock 3 is out?

marwan

Banned
twinturbo2 said:
Just got my copy today. See ya online. :D

PC, PS3 or 360?

i just got my 360 wireless controller adapter for the PC :)

on another note, i might be getting NFS: ProStreet on the PC if it gets good reviews, since the graphics on my rig kills the consoles versions.

DaCocoBrova

Finally bought a new PSP, but then pushed the demon onto someone else. Jesus.
Trojan X said:
can someone post their impressions of the PSP version? Also, are there any videos of the PSP version around?

Pretty nice graphically, framerate could stand to be smoother... Controls really well all things considered.

Top Bottom