• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gamespot: Alien Hominid Impressions !!!

Baron Aloha

A Shining Example
http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/action/alienhominid/preview_6103739.html

Sounds great. Possibly a new screen or two as well, I'm not sure.

Sounds like the Gamecube version is the one to get:

Gamespot said:
The game looks basically the same on both platforms, though the GameCube version seems a hair crisper and more colorful. For videophiles eager to get the most out of their TVs, Alien Hominid will support progressive scan on both the GC and PS2.

922129_20040729_screen002.jpg

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
After reading the preview, I'm definitely more excited about this game. All the different weapons and mini-games sound cool, along with the two-player mode. And for that price. Yeah, I'll probably pick this up. :p

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
HOLY SHIT THIS IS FROM NEWGROUNDS? HOLY SHIT THIS IS FROM TOM FULP? HOLY SHIT IT'S ACTUALLY DECENT?

I can't beleive this Alien Hominid thing flew completely past me in 2002.

signet

JC10001 said:
I'm not sure. But this is one of the few games out there that I would pay $50 for.

why?

It is a flash game, seen better stuff done on the Sega CD. Looks like it was drawn by a child.

Baron Aloha

A Shining Example
signet said:
why?

It is a flash game, seen better stuff done on the Sega CD. Looks like it was drawn by a child.

This is much improved over the flash version. And no you didn't see anything better looking that this on the Sega CD. I buy games for how they play, not how they look.

Azrael

The game looks basically the same on both platforms, though the GameCube version seems a hair crisper and more colorful. For videophiles eager to get the most out of their TVs, Alien Hominid will support progressive scan on both the GC and PS2.

Quotes like this are game journalism speak for "we couldn't discern any differences between them, but we'll just play it safe and say the version on the more powerful system looked a little better." Bah.

aoi tsuki

JC10001 said:
This is much improved over the flash version. And no you didn't see anything better looking that this on the Sega CD. I buy games for how they play, not how they look.
Unless you just hate the style, this is one of those times you can do both. Sega CD couldn't touch the resolution, color depth, amount of paralax, transparencies, number and size of sprites, or video output of either GC or PS2.

Shots like this just scream "Guardian Heroes"

922129_20040729_screen001.jpg

If you play the game with the right headgear and turn the game's gore setting "off," which causes flowers to appear as you mow down your foes, you're in for a pleasantly trippy experience.
SOLD!

Ryu

signet said:
why?

I'd pay 50 dollars just because every animation was hand drawn. That's rare in games today.

I played the flash game and I think it kicks ass. It plays almost exactly like Metal Slug. I'll definitely be picking this up. I hope it's $30 or under though. Especially if it's going to be a holyday release. For my wallet's sake.

Azrael said:
Quotes like this are game journalism speak for "we couldn't discern any differences between them, but we'll just play it safe and say the version on the more powerful system looked a little better." Bah.

Protect the hive.....

D

Deleted member 284

Unconfirmed Member
NotMSRP said:
Print run could be small and later on have high eBay value?
Better purchase two then.

Seriously, I am really digging smaller developers that make great games lately. These guys, Swinging Ape, the Canadian GBA devs that are handling their own publshing. I hope this trend continues.

nitewulf

why?

dude have you played the flash game? i just did recently (linked from the other thread). and i found that little game way more entertaining and impressive than loads of full blown 3d games around now.

i was sold from the flash version, this is just tons better...its manic, mind blowingly fast, fantastic artsyle and animation...i just want this. soon.

drawn by a child? eh forget it...

Top Bottom