• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gamespot: EA's New Empire = An Interview with Peter Moore

Sony isn't speaking for anyone but itself when it comes to EA Access. I'm sure they pass on games all the time that people are looking to them to publish. Is Sony speaking for you when they don't publish a game as well? I don't think so.

Have you actually seen what Sony said about EA Access? They spoke for every PS4 owner saying EA Access didn't represent a good value for its customers.

Also what does publishing games have to do with anything? EA is a publisher, why would they go to Sony to publish a game?

mocoworm

EA Access on PS4? 'Doesn't matter,' says EA exec - EA Chief Operating Officer Peter Moore not concerned with PlayStation

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/ea...r-moore/1100-6429703/#comments-block-32323701

Last year, Sony told the world that they don't see value in Electronic Arts' subscription-based games service EA Access -- at least not the "kind of value PlayStation customers expect."

EA Access, which is currently offered on Xbox One, offers subscribers access to a catalog of older EA titles for a small monthly subscription ($4.99/month or $29.99/year). It also offers discounts on newer titles and early access to upcoming games. EA Access has been available on Xbox One since August of last year and has been a great success.

Surely, with the success on Xbox One, EA is hoping to bring the service to Sony's PlayStation 4, right?

"Doesn't matter," EA Chief Operating Officer Peter Moore told Gamespot when asked if he wants to see it on PS4.

"It's on Xbox One, and those customers love it," he continued. "We have analytics on everything these days, and subscriber satisfaction rates are through the roof. EA Access customers get to play more, because of the Vault, they get to play early, ahead of general release date, and they get to pay less because of the discounts it offers."

When pressed further, with the tempting statement that business could be even better with EA Acces on PS4, Moore simply replied, "But it's not. It's on Xbox One."

It seems EA has moved on from a possible deal with Sony to bring EA Access to PlayStation 4. So I ask you -- the PlayStation community -- would you like to see EA Access offered on PS4?

Mob_zter

Neo Member
It Matters. Coz i have a PS4. Cant Believe Sony F****g said No. It was such a good deal. If it on PS4, id buy the subscription is a Heart beat.

EA Access is great on Xbox. I wish it as on PS4 as well. It's cool to act all dismissive but, especially if you play sports titles, it's really unmatched value wise. Every game they've released on Xbox is on the service except Hardline so far.

"Doesn't matter."

stanley-eye-roll.gif

STANLEY, ITS PRETZEL DAY! :p

Anway

EA Access is slowly becoming interesting to me especially with them adding 360 games to the vault. I might have to buy another subscription. God help me.

I hope PS4 users get this feature soon but it looks like that's not happening :(

Sakujou

Banned
iam not interested in renting games.

i would rather play a demo before buying my games.

i still think its sort of fishy. has any of the big companies explained how the devs get paid? is it the same as spotify? like 0,001cent for every song heard?

Jigorath

Banned
I'm sure EA would love to have the service on PS4 as it would likely more than double their subscriber base but Sony is saying no and I don't think EA is happy about that. I do hope Sony changes their stance, more options is never a bad thing.

I think EA on average releases about one enticing looking product per year in accordance with my personal tastes, so I'm not exactly chomping at the bit for EA Access to come to the PS4. I'll buy Mirror's Edge: Catalyst day one, but that's about all I'm interested in with what they've got to offer for now.

I would like to see EA Access on PS4. The way I look at it if there is 2 games per year I want to play its worth the money. Its a shame PS4 owners do not have the choice.

Sony's reason for it not appearing on PS4 are a little lame. Especially when you see what they are charging for a 2 day Playstation Now rental.

oti

Banned
I wonder what Ubisoft's stance on EA Access is. They have enough games for their own subscription service, I'm sure the idea interestes them.

i still think its sort of fishy. has any of the big companies explained how the devs get paid? is it the same as spotify? like 0,001cent for every song heard?
the devs dont get royalties for sales. They're EA studios

LAA

Yeah...I'd rather it be tied into PS+ thanks. Not 10 different subscription services for every publisher.

Montresor

Can you clarify those two comments? EA Access games are like GWG or PS+ games given out free monthly, except it's even more generous than that. Dragon Age Inquisition is free for EA Acess this month. But even if you wait until December to get EA Access, come December once you become a subscriber you will be able to play Dragon Age Inquisition for free.

It's not like that with PS+ or GWG. If Knack or Lococyle become free on PS+/GWG this September, and if you miss out on those games, then come October you lost your chance to download the game. So I'm wondering what you mean when you say you're not interested in renting games.

And there aren't many demos these days in this industry - but doesn't every EA Access game give you basically a six-hour demo? I might be wrong on that detail.

cripterion

I wish they brought it for pc, I'd get it in an instant. As for the PS4, I'd take EA's Vault over all PS+ titles released so far.

PS+ has been good for me on PS3 and Vita, PS4 not so much.

sam777

What are you talking about, EA owns these studios. Plus the service is similar to GWG/PS+ with the addition of the game access before release and digital discounts.

Hip Hop

EA Access is an awesome service. I hope one day it makes its way to the PC, maybe it's more possible there than on the PS4.

Card Boy

Banned
Yeah...I'd rather it be tied into PS+ thanks. Not 10 different subscription services for every publisher.

This isn't a GOG, Steam, Uplay, Greenman Gaming, Desura, Battlenet or Origin situation. You play the EA Access games as normal as if you got them from Games for Gold. It's not intrusive at all and the only time you need to access the EA Access App is to get a new game that went into the vault or to sign up.

Zemm

We already have an echosystem on PS4 and so we don't need EA Access (and i'm assuming it's a separate store front).

Why not give us the option? Sony turning this down is bullshit, if I was EA I wouldn't be going to Sony begging them to accept us after that either, so I understand where Moore is coming from with regards to just wanting to ignore that side of it. I'm not a big fan of EA, can't even remember the last time I bought a game of their but I'd still be interested in this, more so than the shite we get on PS4 with PS+.

v1ncelis

I was one of those people who were begging for EA Access on PS4. I thought that this is awesome deal but after I bought Xbox with EA access sub for 12 months ... I'm not using it. Actually not even bothering downloading most of the games.
Maybe when they will add BC titles I will use it a little bit more.

This. May be they can integrate with PS+ by charging more for EA access services for those who want but not as a separate subscription.

Hip Hop

We already have an echosystem on PS4 and so we don't need EA Access (and i'm assuming it's a separate store front).
What does this have to do with you? Lol

What a selfish response. You don't want it, don't buy it. I'm sure plenty of people would love to have it.

@MUWANdo

Banned
That's a really crappy misinterpretation of the interview--if you read the full transcript from the original source (presented in the other thread linked above) you'll infer that EA Access isn't on PS4 because Sony won't let them put it there, not because they're blithely dismissing PS4 as a platform or whatever.

MavFan619

Banned
Why not give us the option? Sony turning this down is bullshit, if I was EA I wouldn't be going to Sony begging them to accept us after that either, so I understand where Moore is coming from with regards to just wanting to ignore that side of it. I'm not a big fan of EA, can't even remember the last time I bought a game of their but I'd still be interested in this, more so than the shite we get on PS4 with PS+.
I would argue that Rocket League, Transistor, Resogun, I could go on have been much better games than EA's output this whole gen so far. But I'm a weirdo I guess I dunno.

thenameDS

Really don't understand the downplay and hate by some people, if it was available on PS4 no one would force you to subscribe. But having choices and options is apparently bad.

I would love for PlayStation to grow some balls and admit they were wrong to turn this down and work to get on PS4. I'm currently subscribed on Xbox and the free games, digital discount and demos are great. Would much rather it on PS4 since it's my main console though.

Hip Hop

These guys talking about "we already have PS plus!, No thanks" We gotz ecosystemz!" gotta be joking, right?

I can't fathom that way of thinking, seriously.

sangreal

And there aren't many demos these days in this industry - but doesn't every EA Access game give you basically a six-hour demo? I might be wrong on that detail.

Yes you get a 6-10 hour full trial of every EA game. This is usually talked about in the context of getting to play before the release, but you can use the trial whenever

Jigorath

Banned
Like I said in the other thread, I'm sure EA wants it on PS4. Given the much larger size of the install base in comparison to Xbone it would effectively more than double their subscriber base. Sony doesn't want it competing with their own services so they're saying no. I hope they change their mind.

Madness

All those saying they don't want it... Wouldn't you like the choice to decide for yourself? I don't have EA Access for Xbox One either, but that's something I'd like to decide as a consumer and owner of the console. I know a couple people who play games like crazy who have it and love it.

Top Bottom