• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gametrailers Thread: Good Night and Good Game

The English accents by Kyle, Elise and Don in the Battle of the Bands video were proper Dick Van Dyke 101, I hope they were put on like that ironically rather than actually attempting our accent o_0

The English accents by Kyle, Elise and Don in the Battle of the Bands video were proper Dick Van Dyke 101, I hope they were put on like that ironically rather than actually attempting our accent o_0

I think it's safe to assume it was a joke. Almost This is Spinal Tap like.

I have to say though, Elyse sounded more brummie than cockney to me.

I love it when Don gets into a character. He's such a naturally gifted improviser.

The BotB was such a fantastic stream top to bottom. Nothing better than when GT decides to put on a show.

eFKac

Great GT Live this week.

I mean it shows that Arne is a Community guy, the flow of the conversation was great and he's such a nice guy, it felt like the show needed 15 minutes more.

I think it's safe to assume it was a joke. Almost This is Spinal Tap like.

I have to say though, Elyse sounded more brummie than cockney to me.

In my experience, if you haven't practiced an accent you fall back super hard on stereotypes. I'm sure no one was under the impression they were doing a pitch-perfect English accent though. At first I thought Don might go with the incomprehensible mumbler with a friend as a translator stereotype. I actually really wanted that to be the case.

We could argue who really won Battle of the Bands, 'till we're blue in the face,but in the end, having the Highschool Sweethearts win, was all for a good cause.

That said, i now need a gif of Huber playing those drums like he had casts on.
A fascinating technique.

Someone in chat said Huber was doing his best job of channeling Animal.

wiibomb

I love it when Don gets into a character. He's such a naturally gifted improviser.

The BotB was such a fantastic stream top to bottom. Nothing better than when GT decides to put on a show.

this is what I was expecting for the Bosman lost bet on E3, such a shame he didn't do anything

ito007

Great GT Live this week.

I mean it shows that Arne is a Community guy, the flow of the conversation was great and he's such a nice guy, it felt like the show needed 15 minutes more.
Too true Arne was great. So I couldn't quite catch the news, is there a tabletop this week?

Auctopus

Twitch's playback is infuriating. Not sure why Youtube uploads have been so late, recently. Usually, GT Live is up when I wake up (UK).

Twitch's playback is infuriating. Not sure why Youtube uploads have been so late, recently. Usually, GT Live is up when I wake up (UK).

A couple weeks ago I was out of town. This week, we're actually have to add a couple promotional things rather than just using the raw export. Generally though I do like to get it up right after the episode is done.

It sounds like they've been busy with reviews and other features lately.

Yeah, I think Brandon has just been super busy doing reviews which he hadn't had to do as much of in the past. Lot more huge releases this fall than last year, too. And he likes to do some heavy editing on those. Maybe they could do some live in the future like they did for E3? It could make a good segment for GT Live.

Sami+

Btw for whoever this concerns - the "New Group Emerges" episode of Tabletop from like two weeks ago doesn't work on iTunes. It's there, but I can't download or stream it. Just says it's unavailable.

UrbanRats

Someone in chat said Huber was doing his best job of channeling Animal.

DefiantElegantIchthyostega.gif

I loved this week's GT Time.

I would actually prefer to have Ben as a regular in place of Brandon (SACRILEGE!). His enthusiasm for gaming is so endearing, and he seems to have the same opinion as me on pretty much every subject, so it's good to hear if, and why, people oppose those opinions.

Elyse's look at the camera while Bosman was talking about HDDs during Corrections was perfect.

wiibomb

I want to see Matt Blair more on GT Time or on another feature of GT, I like a lot his opinions.

interesting that we all have a different opinion.

luchadork

I loved this week's GT Time.

I would actually prefer to have Ben as a regular in place of Brandon (SACRILEGE!). His enthusiasm for gaming is so endearing, and he seems to have the same opinion as me on pretty much every subject, so it's good to hear if, and why, people oppose those opinions.

ben is low-key the best opinion talking person thing in the industry right now. from a gameplay/analytical point of view, the dude knows his shit better than anyone. knows how to express it. but keeps it real and is enthusiastic about gaming. and more importantly he is an epic nerd, just like us. unabashedly so and is able to have fun with it. and he puts this all together without being on the spectrum. i love him. there. i said it. marry me ben-kun.

UrbanRats

Yeah both GTLive and GTtime were great this week.

To be honest Elyse and Ben are consistently the best superseat guests, in my opinion.
I wish they could somehow be always present, but i also wouldn't want Jones to go from GTtime, as he offers interesting points of view, often times.
And they're already 5 on the panel as it is (counting Ian in).

Not to slight the others (they're great at other aspects of the site/shows they produce) but if they decided to keep the GTtime line up as Bosman-Blood-Elyse-Ben-Jones-Ian/Don (at the TriCaster) every week, i wouldn't question it for a second.

That said, i know everyone has their favorite (see wiibomb's post above), so it just makes more sense to do what they're doing now.

sora87

7 and a half hours of Resi Evil 4 to get through today, didn't think Huber would go that long considering it's part 1 of 2

sora87

It was a great stream. It stalls a bit when Huber leaves for dinner with the GF but recovers and ends strong

I'm still early on but that's a shame Huber has to leave. Also Kyle and Brad confirming it's Blood's fault the RE streams aren't on youtube!

Umibozu

I don't know, she is from Canada. It probably is worth writing home about.
Now you made me imagine Elyse as a Georgian era woman writing home about fig newtons while doing a monologue

I'm still early on but that's a shame Huber has to leave. Also Kyle and Brad confirming it's Blood's fault the RE streams aren't on youtube!
lol, blood has stated several times in this thread that if a stream doesn't get a decent head count (outside of full playthroughs) while it happens it won't go up to youtube. Can't really fault the guy for that.

They've never even asked me to put them up.

The first ones they did, we weren't even doing YouTube because Twitch wasn't deleting archives yet. Then we weren't sure if we could up parts that long (they fail sometimes) and we were only putting up the hour long ones.

sora87

lol, blood has stated several times in this thread that if a stream doesn't get a decent head count (outside of full playthroughs) while it happens it won't go up to youtube. Can't really fault the guy for that.

But they are full playthroughs :p

I had a look through the highlights on twitch, I found The Evil Within full stream and the RE2 one. Couldn't find the RE3 or 1 streams though. You really should start putting the full playthroughs up on the tubes though Blood, shame to even risk losing them. Anyway I know I go on about it too much so I won't bring it up again lol

Who

Banned
Just watched the new Mandatory Update.

Im surprised Ian or Elyse didn't interject a joke about Kyle's sex life when they were talking about foods he's never eaten.

But they are full playthroughs :p

I had a look through the highlights on twitch, I found The Evil Within full stream and the RE2 one. Couldn't find the RE3 or 1 streams though. You really should start putting the full playthroughs up on the tubes though Blood, shame to even risk losing them. Anyway I know I go on about it too much so I won't bring it up again lol

Also I agree with this, Blood. I hate that I miss out on the streams because I work at night.

Umibozu

What was the individual smoking who wrote the ninja gaiden entry in the part 2 of the nes countdown. It was not a port, and the arcade version is notorious for being a poor game.
That's aside from the fact that the second one has improved controls (wall climbing/jumping).

border

Mandatory Update was pretty good this week -- I loved Elyse slowly moving across the room and falling into her chair as she delivered the last joke.

I'm not sure why they have a "Thank you so much for watching" bit at the end.....at the time it gave me the sense they were about to be cancelled or something. Still though, I am glad they appreciate me as a viewer.

Hasney

Mandatory Update was pretty good this week -- I loved Elyse slowly moving across the room and falling into her chair as she delivered the last joke.

I'm not sure why they have a "Thank you so much for watching" bit at the end.....at the time it gave me the sense they were about to be cancelled or something. Still though, I am glad they appreciate me as a viewer.

Their YouTube retention rates are low, so it was a joke how people just turn it off quickly.

Kind of laughed when the same thing was revealed about GT Time how most people stay for the corrections and then switch off. No wonder Kyle is worried about episodes running long when us that watch it every week prefer more.

Naythan

I think with the tweaked format and the full cast, Mandatory Update has evolved into the best show at GT.

EDIT: Just saw that the post directly above mine said the exact same thing. Whoops.

Philippo

I want another on tour MU where they take Bosman out to try chili. Please

Also, he never tried alcohol? But Huber says "it's a special item", what does that mean?

Umibozu

I want another on tour MU where they take Bosman out to try chili. Please

Also, he never tried alcohol? But Huber says "it's a special item", what does that mean?
I think he meant it as not everyone consumes that, huber was hinting at normal things that everyone would eat/drink.

Top Bottom