• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gametrailers Thread: Good Night and Good Game

UrbanRats

meanwhile, new vegas is one of the best games ive ever played.

you say its russian roulette to play their games, but this is my 5th bethesda game without any major issues. how many copies of their games have they sold? skyrim alone is up around 20 million. how come there arent millions of people complaining about their broken games? i swear there is a vocal minority on the internet who love to exaggerate and feed into their own hysteria. russian roulette with their money. a famous zero. hysteria.

Like all the good folks playing Skyrim on Ps3...

Hasney

Good for you, but it's the height of bad faith to pretend like there aren't an enormous number of people out there on every gaming related forum or social media platform reporting huge problems with every single Bethesda game. What percentage have to get burned before we're allowed to care?

I've experienced issues in every single Bethesda game since Oblivion and I couldn't mark them much lower than what they got. but they never annoy, even the hard crashes make me want to dive straight back in because they are that good to explore and play for me that it would be wrong to say "This is the most entertainment I've had in a long, long time and nothing comes close to scratching that itch. But shit breaks sometimes. 6/10".

UrbanRats

I've experienced issues in every single Bethesda game since Oblivion and I couldn't mark them much lower than what they got. but they never annoy, even the hard crashes make me want to dive straight back in because they are that good to explore and play for me that it would be wrong to say "This is the most entertainment I've had in a long, long time and nothing comes close to scratching that itch. But shit breaks sometimes. 6/10".

Sometimes? Skyrim crashed a whole lot for me, like, every other time i loaded a save ( i was on PC, for reference).

In my opinion Bethesda games are games that are simply not safe to buy at launch.

Also, y'all argue like if they give a game a 7 and explain where it comes from, in the review, nobody is going to buy it anyway.
On the other hand, it's more than 10 years that Bethesda gets away with the same shit, but nobody ever gives them an hard time about it, where it counts (review scores).

I guess the only ones eating shit about this were Obsidian, who didn't end up getting their bonus for one metacritic point, ironically.

I think the same it's true for Assassin's Creed in a way, people bitch and moan about how broken and stagnant everything is, but then 9s fly out in droves anyway.

Sometimes? Skyrim crashed a whole lot for me, like, every other time i loaded a save ( i was on PC, for reference).

In my opinion Bethesda games are games that are simply not safe to buy at launch.

Also, y'all argue like if they give a game a 7 and explain where it comes from, in the review, nobody is going to buy it anyway.
On the other hand, it's more than 10 years that Bethesda gets away with the same shit, but nobody ever gives them an hard time about it, where it counts (review scores).

I guess the only ones eating shit about this were Obsidian, who didn't end up getting their bonus for one metacritic point, ironically.

I think the same it's true for Assassin's Creed in a way, people bitch and moan about how broken and stagnant everything is, but then 9s fly out in droves anyway.

You mean 7.8's right? ;)

eFKac

Like all the good folks playing Skyrim on Ps3...

Skyrim really soured me on Bethesda games.

Got it day 1 and ended up feeling like a beta tester. I've had so many hard crashes, I was genuinely afraid that my one will eventually brick my PS3.

Game wasn't bad, pretty addicting for an OCD gamer, I just feel like so many elements of their games are pure mediocrity.I'm spending a lot of time with their games but it's low quality time mostly pandering to my OCD. The faults of Skyrim (not only technical) were so many that I'm never getting a Bethesda game early again (my experience with Oblivion like over a year after release was much smoother). So maybe a Goty edition for 20 Euro,

UrbanRats

I bought Kengo the day it was released. Good God.

Glad they went with the golf. Looked like a fun little game.

That's what I said but then I looked it up lol. Apparently it's garbage. :p

Kengo is a series i always wanted to get into, but never got around to it.
If you're into samurai games, you don't have that many options, for something a bit more realistic than your average Onimusha (which also doesn't exist anymore) or Samurai Warriors.
Beyond Bushido Blade, Way of the Samurai and Kengo, there aren't that many options.

In that context, Kengo wasn't that bad.

Hey GT thread. I live across the bay from Hong Kong so this week I was able to go into the city and check the city out. If you are familiar with Shenmue 2 from the GT streams, here are some photos I took of the real life Man Mo Temple, near Wan Chai.

https://twitter.com/Supermanizdead/status/664423116756484096

CTiBRdQUsAAKI0H.jpg

CTiBReoUAAIAVTR.jpg

CTiBRkaUEAAvykK.jpg

CTiBRspUwAAmdUy.jpg

Doesn't look quite the same as the game, but it has the familiar steps leading up and the iconic gate. Taking photos inside wasn't allowed, but it did have the familiar wood interior with all the red and the idols.

url-3.jpeg

When the semester ends, I'll have a chance to go to Yokosuka and Guilin, hitting the other 2 major stops of my Shenmue world tour.

sora87

Elyse did a great job of hosting GT Live, the guests weren't really the type that her and Ian could really screw around or joke with so it came off a little stiff sometimes but all in all was very good.

UrbanRats

Went back and watched the Direct stream, funny seeing Huber lose his shit at Dragon Quest.

I would've done it this way even if i knew they were streaming, since i have to watch the Euro direct, if i want reliable dates and info.

I wish you guys the best and hope it's not another downgrade for the crew. You deserve better.

We'll see. There are actually other people who are jealous that we're moving to the "good building." I honestly wanted to move straight there last year rather than moving twice, but it is a little hassle trying to do it in November.

Volotaire

I checked the Twitch archive of the Nintendo Direct reaction video but it's cut off half way through. Is there any chance that the archive will be fully recovered? Thanks.

sora87

Kyle and Huber need to have an afternoon stream of that mini-golf game next week, I wanna see that haunted mansion course!

Auctopus

Only watched the first 15 minuts of GT Time so far, please tell me what Brandon said about Bloodborne was a joke - it really didn't seem like it.

wiibomb

is there a youtube link or something about the direct reactions? I wanted to check them even though I don't know who were there to witness the cloud announcement

Top Bottom