• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gametrailers Thread: Good Night and Good Game

sora87

They don't stay forever either right? Yeah they should start putting those streams on YouTube.

We've already lost a lot of full playthroughs because of this :( but I don't think they should do it for every stream, not good to clutter your youtube channel up with a random 1 hour stream

ilium

Man, that picture of you in your office(?) made me feel a bit bad. There isn't even a window if you want the option to let the place air out a bit (unless there's a window behind the camera or something).

The lack of windows was the first I noticed as well when looking at the pictures.

Still looks cozy tho!

For a windowless dungeon.

Man, that picture of you in your office(?) made me feel a bit bad. There isn't even a window if you want the option to let the place air out a bit (unless there's a window behind the camera or something).

Well, even office buildings with windows generally don't let you open them. Yeah, we're in a section without any exterior windows, but it's not so bad. Oddly enough, the wall and doors to my office and Brandon's are entirely glass, and there are these skinny little opaque windows above the main bullpen with Brad, Kyle, etc. - again just between them and the hallways.

eFKac

Nice stream tonight, caught the last 15 minutes live. Finally got to see Super Star Wars in action and that Hard Cut from Bosman at the end lol.

Roubjon

The new Final Bosman was really enjoyable, and the ending bit was so perfect. The way everything was delivered was just too funny.

sora87

I thought someone said that GT Time (and one other thing) is still getting filmed at the old office, while everything else will be at their new office.

That'd be cool, I noticed there's no GT Live this week but I put that down to them moving and not having time to get a guest etc.

I feel like I never know if the ending bits of The Final Bosman are just amazing inside jokes from the depths of GT history or just completely random selections of Kyle's hilarious mind...

Regardless, I still love them every week.

Did Kyle undermine his whole point about Cloud in Smash Bros by then replaying the Snake in Smash trailer? Was he trying to illustrate how that ended up amounting to nothing about Nintendo and 3rd parties other than 3rd parties will put their characters in Smash and nothing else?

llehuty

Did Kyle undermine his whole point about Cloud in Smash Bros by then replaying the Snake in Smash trailer? Was he trying to illustrate how that ended up amounting to nothing about Nintendo and 3rd parties other than 3rd parties will put their characters in Smash and nothing else?

His point was that both Cloud and Solid Snake were shocking reveals, I don't think he said that the 3rd party situation is going to change thanks to Cloud. When he talks about the third party situation back in the N64/playstation days is just to reinforce how shocking this was.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.

It did all reek of false positivity because every Nintendo Direct takes over Twitter with people overreacting like crazy and it never actually translates into much of anything in real life. Poor ol' sidebitch in the desert, pleased with any drop of dew.

Is everyone just better than Bosman at Scrumbers? I remember he went pretty deep in the tournament with Damiani, but has he ever actually won anything?

wiibomb

Is everyone really stuffed into that one room? Jeez.

I thought that too, I have a feeling GT is going just worse and worse..
I hope I'm wrong

His point was that both Cloud and Solid Snake were shocking reveals, I don't think he said that the 3rd party situation is going to change thanks to Cloud. When he talks about the third party situation back in the N64/playstation days is just to reinforce how shocking this was.

this, He never talked about the 3rd parties, but more about the shocking reveals out of nowhere..

kinda like Bayonetta 2, to be honest, Nintendo does this from time to time

Is everyone really stuffed into that one room? Jeez.

Brandon and Blood have their own offices. It didn't really seem that bad to me, just a bit messy and plain because they've just moved into it.

I can't say I agree with Bosman on Nintendo. Personally the FFVII logo showing up is what shocked me, then they revealed it was just Cloud DLC for Smash Bros and I stopped caring. Worse than the FFVII PC port at PSX last year.

this, He never talked about the 3rd parties, but more about the shocking reveals out of nowhere..

kinda like Bayonetta 2, to be honest, Nintendo does this from time to time

But how is it a shocking reveal when as illustrated by the Snake thing, it's something they've done before?

And I don't really see how what Kyle outlined is indicative of Nintendo getting their mojo back. An HD port that even before the leaks was a pretty safe bet, that's covering for the actual native Zelda game struggling to be done before the WiiU enters total irrelevance. Localising a couple of DQ games is nice, but it's hardly earth-shattering. And I know Kyle's a big Pokemon fan, but Nintendo ROM dumping a few GB games is a big deal.

It seemed less Nintendo getting their mojo back and more Nintendo treading water because they aren't ready to talk about NX yet.

Brandon and Blood have their own offices. It didn't really seem that bad to me, just a bit messy and plain because they've just moved into it.

I can't say I agree with Bosman on Nintendo. Personally the FFVII logo showing up is what shocked me, then they revealed it was just Cloud DLC for Smash Bros and I stopped caring. Worse than the FFVII PC port at PSX last year.

Yea, it just seems like the entire staff is packed into one room with no windows :(

I thought that too, I have a feeling GT is going just worse and worse..
I hope I'm wrong
I think you're worried over nothing at the moment. Multiple people on staff said this was actually the office building they wanted to be in when they got picked up by Defy.

wiibomb

But how is it a shocking reveal when as illustrated by the Snake thing, it's something they've done before?

And I don't really see how what Kyle outlined is indicative of Nintendo getting their mojo back. An HD port that even before the leaks was a pretty safe bet, that's covering for the actual native Zelda game struggling to be done before the WiiU enters total irrelevance. Localising a couple of DQ games is nice, but it's hardly earth-shattering. And I know Kyle's a big Pokemon fan, but Nintendo ROM dumping a few GB games is a big deal.

It seemed less Nintendo getting their mojo back and more Nintendo treading water because they aren't ready to talk about NX yet.

that right there is your perspective about Nintendo's situation right now, Bosman episode's was exactly Bosman's perception about Nintendo's situation right now..

see? people who don't agree with him are not necessarily wrong, but neither right.

Some people find that Twilight Princess HD is something pretty nice, others find that the support for the Dragon Quest is something huge coming from a fanbase that has been in a drought for a heck lot of time, aaaand some others find that cloud in smash is a huge deal (myself included) because of how non-nintendo iconic he is.
These 3 ideas alone make me think that Nintendo was quite on good tracks for this direct, and thinking that their last showing was at e3, almost 5 months back, with a very weak showing, makes us also think this was something worth to come back from that E3.

the deal with Snake was that they elevated Smash level of epicness, because not only he was a third party (something new to the series back then), but also a way more "serious" character for such a game, cloud was a very similar case, but the "stakes" are higher because not only he is serious, but also he has never stared a true FF game in a Nintendo console AND he is a kind of icon from a fall of Nintendo in the third party relationships, that is the huge deal with this character, even more that Snake.

my perception was: Snake was a very big deal, but Cloud is HUGE.

I think you're worried over nothing at the moment. Multiple people on staff said this was actually the office building they wanted to be in when they got picked up by Defy.

well, as I said, I hope I'm wrong, I really want GT to expand more, it is deserved...

the deal with Snake was that they elevated Smash level of epicness, because not only he was a third party (something new to the series back then), but also a way more "serious" character for such a game, cloud was a very similar case, but the "stakes" are higher because not only he is serious, but also he has never stared a true FF game in a Nintendo console AND he is a kind of icon from a fall of Nintendo in the third party relationships, that is the huge deal with this character, even more that Snake.

Which goes back to the point I made originally. There is a huge 'AND' in that line of thinking that both you and Bosman are implying, by elevating the significance of Cloud with the connection to Nintendo's lost third party support. Otherwise it's just acknowledging Nintendo's 3rd party situation as a stagnant state, which doesn't gel with the idea that this represents getting their mojo back

eFKac

Heh I find the timing of this Final Bosman to be pretty ironic.

I'm done analysing any Nintendo focused content by Kyle, until he's over the NX pre launch hype period, we're just on the other sides of the spectrum.

Visceir

It's unofrtunate, but you can't expect people to stay put in one place forever. Wish the best for her.

GT is a complete sausage fest now, haha.

Yeah, Elyse leaving is her choice, and she's got cool stuff ahead. We'll certainly be missing her a ton here though.

I do have another thing for you guys. I'm just gonna copy / paste so forgive the formality.

Greetings,

You may have noticed that we moved offices this week, and there are more exciting changes coming to GameTrailers. To prepare for those changes, one quick thing we need you to do is to verify that your e-mail address is up to date.

Go to GameTrailers.com and click on your avatar in the upper right corner of the screen, click account, and check to be sure that the e-mail account on file is one you’re currently using.

Thanks, and we’ll have more news soon!

Daniel Bloodworth
Managing Editor

eFKac

Shame to hear that. While I wasn't a fan of her during streams (when she showed up) and didn't usually agree on GT Time I liked Elysse on Mandatory Update/Nights and GT Live, her chemistry with Ian, Kyle and Don was always very good.

Wonder what Ian's gonna do actually.

Jeez, Elyse's leaving? That sucks, she added a different sort of vibe to the videos and streams she was on, which was pretty great. It'll be hard to fill that void.

This one hurts. Ian is freelance for Defy right? Does that mean hypothetically that Mandatory Update could continue somewhere else?
I don't know, Defy might own the name/idea since it was created and run under GT's banner.

Damn she's leaving? She just added something special to the group at GT. This is really sad. We need more ladies on the team.

Please tell me something is planned for Mandatory Update and that the show can continue with her.

Top Bottom