• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gametrailers Thread: Good Night and Good Game

The tangents are always the best part. The exchange about Kyle's friend in Master of None was so funny. Also: fuck Sean Connery.

I was also interested to see Kyle and Ian's opinions on review scores for very buggy games were similar to what I posted in this thread.

Auctopus

Great episode of Mandatory Update besides the beginning where some sketchy stuff was being thrown about...

- Ian asks why does Fallout get a free pass then says that Fallout didn't save his game but he just started again cause it was Fallout? He was constantly trashing COD for no reason as well.

- Elyse randomly says that Dark Souls launched buggy in 2011? (in the same sentence as Bethesda) It didn't. Although she might be getting it confused with the PC release.

- Huber trashing Witcher 3 for its movement/combat being jank, sounding like he gave up on it whilst he talks about how great Fallout 4 is despite huge bugs. It was like some meta discussion about why Fallout got a free pass, not explaining it and just giving it a free pass?

Other than that, great episode and enjoyable tangents.

Loved the MU Nights episode.

-I would have liked to hear more from Kyle regarding Fallout 4. It started where he had things to say and then never said them

-The Huber wake up confusion story was hilarious
- Kyles throwaway line of his day to day responsibilities about refreshing the front page of GAF was funny and of course true :)
- Also based on the Nintendo Direct news that Pokemon retrospective is now on! Brandon mentioned it during the twitch stream.

UrbanRats

Full of baloney. Lol

Also does Kyle still do sketch comedy? That segment about him knowing the actress in master of none made me google and find this

http://newmoneycomedy.tumblr.com/meetnewmoney

Heh. Other dude echo is on arrow now. Kyle gots semi-famous friends. :)

That glamour Bosman photo...

- Elyse randomly says that Dark Souls launched buggy in 2011? (in the same sentence as Bethesda) It didn't. Although she might be getting it confused with the PC release.
FO4 gets (rightfully) trashed for its performance a lot, and Dark Souls 1 gets almost unplayable in that sense, in some areas (BlightTown, for one).

Umibozu

GT time
The only thing of note that I found funny was ben's nintendo comments. What made it even more funny was that it aired after the direct.

Mandatory Update nights
Good episode, huber's presense added some variety and was appreciated.

Ok I feel like a man out of time and space here.

Last time I really looked at GT, I "think" shane had left and they were about stop IW? PopFiction had just began etc. Im guessing a lot has changed since then... man time flies...The e3 reaction vids kind of piqued my interest again. I used to LOVE their retrospective videos, are they still online? IW, BR, Retrospectives, Pach Attack, that site was the best back in the day. I went there daily.

Elyse randomly says that Dark Souls launched buggy in 2011? (in the same sentence as Bethesda) It didn't. Although she might be getting it confused with the PC release.

She could have meant the insane FPS drops that plagued the PS3 and 360 games. That would make it just as bad as Skyrim in some people's eyes.

Tregard

Soothsayer
Does anyone know if Kyle looks at Youtube comments for "Well You're The One Who STARTED This Conversation!"? I'd set up a GameTrailers account but it's just so janky

Umibozu

Does anyone know if Kyle looks at Youtube comments for "Well You're The One Who STARTED This Conversation!"? I'd set up a GameTrailers account but it's just so janky
I would assume not, I posted one on youtube a couple months back and never got a response. I think you'd be better posting it at both sites for the best results.

Full of baloney. Lol

Also does Kyle still do sketch comedy? That segment about him knowing the actress in master of none made me google and find this

http://newmoneycomedy.tumblr.com/meetnewmoney

Heh. Other dude echo is on arrow now. Kyle gots semi-famous friends. :)

Kyle knows Mr. Terrific?!

Kyle, I need you to get me an autograph.

vxSh4hS.gif

Yeah Dark Souls ran perfect, no jank there...except you know the entirety of Blight Town where the frame rate drops to single digits while you are there and fucks you over with the enemies.

RedAssedApe

Banned
Yeah Dark Souls ran perfect, no jank there...except you know the entirety of Blight Town where the frame rate drops to single digits while you are there and fucks you over with the enemies.

jank is different from game breaking bugs though. dark souls was relatively bug free for me.

jank is different from game breaking bugs though. dark souls was relatively bug free for me.

Heh I still remember that first dragon on the bridge bugging out. Worked my around the backside, went up a tower, then suddenly there's a roar and a huge pile of souls in my inventory. Never even had a chance to get the weapon from it.

Visceir

Love the term 'witcher goggles', haha.

Always enjoy MU Nights and wish they'd find the time to do both on a weekly basis. Would have been cool if Bosman had brought up the Fallout reviews debate on GT Time for a slightly more professional and comprehensive discussion on the topic, but it's understandable that he didn't with Ben being on the show and all.

I think people were more forgiving of bugs/jank on previous gen hardware since it was fairly impressive they were able to pull off those open world games on consoles like that. People probably just expect more now that the new consoles are much more powerful. Plenty of other developers have shown and proven that so much more can be done on the new systems.

I do think people got caught in their own hype with Fallout4 and it won't be thought of as fondly a year or even a couple of months from now. I personally have a pretty high ABABAPPA tolerance, but even if you ignore all the bugs and glitches and out-dated tech in the game it still has some big issues regarding the game's story and some of the basic game systems.

i watched that twitch stream. they started in the middle and the audio kept cutting for like the first 10 minutes. the ending really made it great though.

i dont know why they are all excited about pokemon red/blue. those games have aged so poorly and nintendo really should have re-released the gba remakes - or better yet, do complete remakes, but thats probably not possible at this point.

tok9

Where does Kyle take the questions from for "Well you're the one..."?

I've left one on both the site and YouTube of this week's GT time

Sami+

LOVED ManUp Nights. I gotta keep asking tho, if at all possible a podcast version would be awesome. I love the long episode length but I just can't sit and watch an hour long video that's essentially a podcast when school and work are heating up. Used a lot of mobile data today listening in the car 😭

Bosman

GUILTY videogame man
Where does Kyle take the questions from for "Well you're the one..."?

I've left one on both the site and YouTube of this week's GT time

I try to read all of the comments in both spots. I usually put 2 questions in the rundown and pick the one on the spot that I think will work the best.

Kyle knows Mr. Terrific?!

Kyle, I need you to get me an autograph.

We actually had Echo on an episode of GT Live I got to host:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tjAAxIzQ2W0

Hey GT thread. I live across the bay from Hong Kong so this week I was able to go into the city and check the city out. If you are familiar with Shenmue 2 from the GT streams, here are some photos I took of the real life Man Mo Temple, near Wan Chai:
These are really cool.

Really annoyed at the last FF7 stream. 4 and half hour video, 35 mins waiting for them to pull off Omnislash and then Kyle closes the stream before the limit has even finished.
If you want to troll your audience and have no respect for the people watching, that's just shit. Can't even defend it as the moment the move starts, he jumps out his chair to close the stream. So it was intentional.

Don't understand this post. I gave everyone a gift.

Umibozu

I get the sense that don enjoys designing levels in trials more, but gets more enjoyment out of watching people play in his mario maker levels.

Vinc

I really can't wait to see what the shows look like in the new building now. Is it a bigger space than before?

Also yes, Don's design lab is one of the best things on GT at the moment. I love everything they do pretty much, but this is awesome. The editing is amazing. The part where Kyle was giving design advice to Don with footage of Elyse playing that version of the level killed me. I was laughing like an idiot at work.

eFKac

Hey Kyle, no Dumb Game Monday today?

Didn't catch it during the usual run time, but see no upload on twitch.

Edit. lttp but that Don Fact during GT Live slayed me hard.

Bosman

GUILTY videogame man
Hey Kyle, no Dumb Game Monday today?

Didn't catch it during the usual run time, but see no upload on twitch.

Edit. lttp but that Don Fact during GT Live slayed me hard.

No streams at all today sadly. We'll be fully operational tomorrow hopefully

Did not expect that Battlefront score after all the hype GT have given it over the past few months. Cannot predict GT scores for games at all.
Great balanced review though.

Burt

Did not expect that Battlefront score after all the hype GT have given it over the past few months. Cannot predict GT scores for games at all.
Yeah, props to Brandon for reeling in his self-admitted fanboyism.

I actually feel for the devs a bit with the way the metascore is going, because I'm sure they have a bunch of content locked and loaded, but either haven't put it out because higher-ups want to sell more DLC or Disney is blocking the release of new trilogy stuff this far out from the movie. I just can't see a game (a DICE game in the Battlefield vein, in particular) being so well polished with such a notably small amount of content. They're the guys who make new stuff before they polish, for better or worse. Something's holding them back behind the scenes if the nugget of a game that they're putting out is this perfectly shiny.

I could see their audience looking at the game a year from now and being very happy, Destiny-style. But, I could also see the game being abandoned, considering it doesn't have the meta-growth elements of a game like Destiny.

Auctopus

After the Star Wars trailer review, I'm glad Brandon managed to hold himself back. Great fair review. It sounds like what I didn't like about the beta is prevalent through the whole game so I'm probably gonna skip it.

Oh boy... assuming that no other games get announced this week, I just hope that if the GT Time crew talk about this week's announcement
Valkyria: Azure Revolution
, they at least do some research before talking about it. I never want to see something as infuriating as the XCOM2 announcement talk again.

I know they promised to do better, but if there's a week where they could slip up, it's probably this one.

bradbot

Neo Member
Oh boy... assuming that no other games get announced this week, I just hope that if the GT Time crew talk about this week's announcement
Valkyria: Azure Revolution
, they at least do some research before talking about it. I never want to see something as infuriating as the XCOM2 announcement talk again.

I know they promised to do better, but if there's a week where they could slip up, it's probably this one.

We were just talking about it today in the office. Hopefully Kyle will deliver the goods on GT Time

Top Bottom