• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gametrailers Thread: Good Night and Good Game

Visceir

Please tell me something is planned for Mandatory Update and that the show can continue with her.

No way. I'm sure she'll have plenty of duties to focus on at her new job.

I do hope they can figure out something for MU Nights though or something similar. A more fast and loose discussion on some weekly events they won't have time for on GT Time. Can't imagine Ian alone setting it up though.

Update your e-mail address on your GT account because we've got more news coming soon.

Finally something being done with the gametrailers website, I bet~

GIBVBR4.gif

We should all dance in her honor.

e3gtxtcoeual.gif

Rockk

Well, I'm glad it's not a layoff. I hope Elyse has fun in whatever new venture awaits her. And it really makes this week's Bosman cliffhanger make sense. The lore must go on.

Szeth

The reason I love GT so much is because they have the best crew in gaming. Everyone has great chemistry together and each person brings their own unique opinion and vibe to the table. And not that all of you aren't great, but there are a few main personalities that I think would just be devastating to lose.

Elyse was one of those. Seriously, how do you replace an Elyse Willems? You can't. RIP Pervince :(

I also just realized there's no more Canadians at GT. Now who will make weird references only us Canadians understand?!

Damn Elyse was a great voice to have in the GT crew and highlighted games that otherwise would get ignored. She didn't just follow the usual "hot game of the week". And I guess there goes MU as well.

IanHinck

Neo Member
We'll probably keep doing some kind of thing with ManUps but it will have to change, since we'll have to find a way to do it with the spirit missing. Elyse is the greatest and she's going to continue to be the greatest over at the place she's going to go be great at now!

Whatever we do now with the show I, and the rest of us, will strive to do the best we can to live up to Elyse's awesomeness.

Roubjon

I'm really bummed to see her leave GT, she was hilarious and brought out a different energy that always made everything more fun. But I'm glad she is pursuing something she wants and I wish her the best.

I'm not caught up on their Tabletop Adventures yet. I started watching last month and I'm on like episode 18. Are they still in the middle of D&D adventures? Would this mean an ebtupt end to Pervance?

Good luck Ian on the adjustment.

Also a reminder Elyse is doing a Twitch stream starting in 15 minutes. Playing some Sherlock Holmes!

I'm not caught up on their Tabletop Adventures yet. I started watching last month and I'm on like episode 18. Are they still in the middle of D&D adventures? Would this mean an ebtupt end to Pervance?
No everything with the story is wrapped up and the show has been on hiatus for the last couple months

eFKac

We'll probably keep doing some kind of thing with ManUps but it will have to change, since we'll have to find a way to do it with the spirit missing. Elyse is the greatest and she's going to continue to be the greatest over at the place she's going to go be great at now!

Whatever we do now with the show I, and the rest of us, will strive to do the best we can to live up to Elyse's awesomeness.

Glad to see you're not giving up on the show, even without Elyse.

Good luck, hope you can hit a good stride quick.

Vinc

Yeah, Elyse leaving is her choice, and she's got cool stuff ahead. We'll certainly be missing her a ton here though.

I do have another thing for you guys. I'm just gonna copy / paste so forgive the formality.

Greetings,

You may have noticed that we moved offices this week, and there are more exciting changes coming to GameTrailers. To prepare for those changes, one quick thing we need you to do is to verify that your e-mail address is up to date.

Go to GameTrailers.com and click on your avatar in the upper right corner of the screen, click account, and check to be sure that the e-mail account on file is one you’re currently using.

Thanks, and we’ll have more news soon!

Daniel Bloodworth
Managing Editor

I'm excited and sad and worried all at once. Emotions, man.

GT needs to exist forever.

No way. I'm sure she'll have plenty of duties to focus on at her new job.

I do hope they can figure out something for MU Nights though or something similar. A more fast and loose discussion on some weekly events they won't have time for on GT Time. Can't imagine Ian alone setting it up though.

Finally something being done with the gametrailers website, I bet~

Oops, I meant without. Without her.

Burt

I hope Elyse does a guest spot for the opener of TTA so that Pervince can die and next season it's all about REVENGEANCE

Gutted to read that Elyse is leaving. As I've said many times before, she is my favourite GT crew member. Absolutely hilarious.

ManUps will never be the same. No more Pervince. No more Benson stories.

A truly sad day.

border

Will everyone at GT please wear black socks on black tights for Elyse's final video or stream?

She'll remember how we used to think of her.

Elyse leaving sucks so much. ManUps was just hitting a new stride. GT needs more shows, not less.
I Recommended their Sherlock stream from last night, the game looks boring as sin, but the chat was a nice goodbye to Elyse.

I can't say I agree with Bosman on Nintendo. Personally the FFVII logo showing up is what shocked me, then they revealed it was just Cloud DLC for Smash Bros and I stopped caring. Worse than the FFVII PC port at PSX last year.

No offense, but should Nintendo apologize for you not paying attention?
The start of the trailer has the Smash Bros quick swipe, then the flame swipe, then we get the FF7 theme, then the Smash Logo (both consoles) and finally they reveal the FF7 logo.
So for you to have been excited at the FF7 logo and then bummed it was for smash seems weird to me...because the trailer clearly tells you from the go its a Smash trailer...not FF7r for Nintendo.

MrPanic

Oh man, Elyse is leaving? Painful to hear, she was such a unique spirit within the GT crew. Definitely gonna be missed.

Good luck to Elyse on whatever is next for her.

Tregard

Soothsayer

Mandatory Update 2: The Hunt for a New Format

Really hope you can make it work Ian, ManUps & ManUpsNights are my two of my favourite things on YouTube

ito007

Crazy news. Glad Elyse is moving on to greener pastures though, even if it comes with some sadness. Good luck Elyse!

I'm really looking forward to some of the changes coming to GT though, I have confidence it will be for the better

Elyse leaving is a huge loss for GT. Like all the others on the team, she's part of what makes GT amazing for me. She brought some new and sometimes different perspective into discussions during GT Time, she's focusing more on story driven games (like Life is Strange and Sherlock Holmes) and, of course, the fact that she's an amazing freestyle rapper and improv, when she needs to be and a really funny person in general.

We're losing the wonderful format of Mandatory Update, which only worked because of the great interaction between her an Ian. Without her, Mandatory Update Nights is going to be so fast and loose, it's going to be a complete mess and disaster. Everyone will die.

Pervince, the character that brought us some of the very best moments on Tabletop Adventures, is going to be Paul Walker'd.

No more stories of Benson.

Ian is going to return to his emo goth phase of yesteryear for the next few weeks.

And yes, the fact that the only woman on the team is leaving, is also super shitty. It's not as important to me as the points I mentioned above, but it was some sort of differentiator for me and I enjoyed her "persona/character". She never felt like some token woman.

The fact that she wasn't laid off somehow makes it even worse. The company that snatched her up deserves all the hate I can give it. At least during the first five minutes after the announcement.

Anyway, I'm really bummed out and bitter. I'm putting the blame on you, Ian. How could you let that happen?! Who's going to witness you, when you ride to valhalla?!

This is the saddest news. :( Elyse was definitely one of my favs, although at this point I think everyone on the GT staff is a fav. It won't be the same!

UrbanRats

Wow.

I can't even really imagine how things will work out now, since she was probably the funniest person there.
You're supposed to be positive and all that, but this is tough to swallow.
Just to think of Tabletop without her, for example, is not the same.

Still best of luck to her, and to the rest of the GT crew, I hope they can bounce back from this.

Lately has just been hard to be a GT fan without having to worry constantly, with the lay offs, the reduced space, the reduced number of shows and such... It has been a paranoia fueling year and a half, and I can imagine how frustrating it must have been for the folks actually, directly affected by all this.

From a purely selfish point of view, this sucks because I thought she was the funniest person in the GT roster, but most of all I just hope we'll get to have a more relaxed year, with the doom and gloom in the rearview mirror.

Ranting aside, I'm at least happy this was her choice and not another lay off.

Elyse leaving sucks so much. ManUps was just hitting a new stride. GT needs more shows, not less.
I Recommended their Sherlock stream from last night, the game looks boring as sin, but the chat was a nice goodbye to Elyse.

No offense, but should Nintendo apologize for you not paying attention?
The start of the trailer has the Smash Bros quick swipe, then the flame swipe, then we get the FF7 theme, then the Smash Logo (both consoles) and finally they reveal the FF7 logo.
So for you to have been excited at the FF7 logo and then bummed it was for smash seems weird to me...because the trailer clearly tells you from the go its a Smash trailer...not FF7r for Nintendo.

Uh, who said anything about an apology? In hindsight it's easy to point to the Smash logos, the x and then the FFVII logo but live, I heard the music, blanked on the Smash logo (I'm sure partly because I was reading GAF at the same time) and then saw the FFVII logo. So yeah, dismiss my opinion because I wasn't paying enough attention by your standards, I still think the announcement sucked.

Also, you took the wrong lesson from that stream. The Sherlock Holmes series is awesome, Elyse has great taste. I wish her well in her future endeavours.

DMiz

Very sad to hear that Elyse is moving on. It's great to hear that she's moving on up to greener pastures, but she was definitely a very key element to the Crew: as other people have highlighted, she had a great and different opinion and voice when it came to the group. A lot of their other shows - MU, Tabletop Adventures - simply won't be the same, or possibly even exist, without her.

For a long time, I think we as fans have already come to grips with the fact that this crew may not necessarily stay the same for long. Damiani was already the first sign that some of our favorites might not be there forever.

At least, for the time being, the bulk of the Crew is still there. But Elyse will definitely be missed - and long may we remember her Michael Caine impression!

capybara

Neo Member
Such a shame that Elyse is leaving GT. I laughed so much I nearly cried when she started singing "In the arms of a toilet...." on Man Ups a few weeks back. She's immensely talented, and I can only hope in the future she'll make a guest appearance on GT Time, or better yet Tabletop, so we can say a proper farewell to Pervince.

Top Bottom