• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GameTrailers to close after 13 years

sora87

Having all the lost streams resurface is incredible and quite emotional tbh.
I just wish someone, somewhere had those Shenmue 1 streams :(

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Oh my god, the RE3 Ben stream is the jolliest. THE JOLLIEST.

Thank you archivists for your efforts.

Mikey Jr.

It is a god damn shame that the entire playthrrough of Chicago Enforcer that Bosman did on Dumb Game Monday is gone.

I don't think I have ever laughed so hard in my life. Bosman has the patience of a saint for a game that literally defined the word "garbage"

It is a god damn shame that the entire playthrrough of Chicago Enforcer that Bosman did on Dumb Game Monday is gone.

I don't think I have ever laughed so hard in my life. Bosman has the patience of a saint for a game that literally defined the word "garbage"

yea that series of streams were amazing. Especially the warehouse episode where we saw a man descend into madness repeating the same area for an hour straight

Worship

Banned
i know im late but if anyone could put GT in my avatar it would be much appreciated :)

ok but was this really necessary
more necessary than your post questioning me. yeah, it sucks GT went down. they had some good content. i'd trade GameSpot to take their place any day.

Worship

Banned
Losing GT sucks, and we're all feeling it, but fuck off with this kind of petty garbage.
says the guy who cant respect others' opinions, lol. so sorry your mind doesnt have a thought process that extends past the information given to you... like the thought of trading someone or something in Game Trailer's place.

oh, i'm sorry. maybe the problem was i needed to not speak my mind on the open, free internet because it might offend you.

OK, I have all of the GameTrailers videos from the GT Reviews YouTube channel backed up on an external hard drive. There are some videos I didn't download from the channel, but they're just trailers for games or old Clevver Games content. I don't think there is any need for me to upload them right now as the original YouTube channel still exists, but I don't know if there is anything from that channel that isn't on the website for some reason. If there is, let me know and I will put the stuff up on archive.org; otherwise I won't bother to avoid flooding it with duplicates. With the main channel, this channel, and the website backed up, it seems most of the content is saved in some form.

sora87

Awesome that the current content is now backed up. Such a shame they couldn't migrate everything over from the Viacom servers. So many episodes of Invisible Walls, reviews, Depths and other random shows lost.

Awesome that the current content is now backed up. Such a shame they couldn't migrate everything over from the Viacom servers. So many episodes of Invisible Walls, reviews, Depths and other random shows lost.
A lot of stuff is actually still on the site, you just need to manually search for it.

I downloaded every episode of The Depths, for example.

KRaZyAmmo

I believe i still have some iw episodes on some cds (remember those?).

xir

Likely to be eaten by a grue
A lot of stuff is actually still on the site, you just need to manually search for it.

I downloaded every episode of The Depths, for example.

Hm, I think ep zero is probably lost in the ether. I did as audio only I think for RESET

edit: also if anyone has the Ryan Stevens x Lil Jon interview for Def Jam somewhere please let me know

Big thanks to all those who went full tilt with the archiving efforts. Gentleman/woman and scholars all. Makes it suck a tiny bit less to at least know that all that goodness won't be lost in the ether.

*tips cap*

Justinh

Can I request a GT logo for my avatar here?

no you may not.
HRXR3qf.png

is this logo alright? do you want the other, slightly different one?
Placed somewhere else? Bigger?

Coreda

This is stupid.

but not as much as you are.

says the guy who cant respect others' opinions, lol. so sorry your mind doesnt have a thought process that extends past the information given to you... like the thought of trading someone or something in Game Trailer's place.

oh, i'm sorry. maybe the problem was i needed to not speak my mind on the open, free internet because it might offend you.

Really dude. You're looking childish here.

TheSecondLetter

Neo Member
It's sad to see the old guard slowly vanishing from the net. These folks certainly influenced my decision to start doing video reviews vice writing them. But reviews themselves appear to have lost their luster with viewers over the last 15 years.

On the positive side, there's never been more opportunity or available resources to start something completely new. I think these companies folding are really just a sign that we as people want to consume content in a different way. I know many of us are working to define exactly what that "way" will be in the future. As such, I hope the GT crew doesn't walk away completely.

kennyamr

I love opening YouTube and suddenly being recommended all of these GT videos that I have never watched and that are being uploaded by tons of people around the world. it's awesome!

caenix

Neo Member
woo thanks. and WOW that first episodes makes me feel old now. I remember high school freaking out every time a Invisible Walls came out.

I don't think I have ever missed an episode of Invisible Walls. I still remembers vividly Damiani's first time on camera in an Invisible Walls episode. Will definitely try to find that video again if it gets uploaded.

KRaZyAmmo

I don't think I have ever missed an episode of Invisible Walls. I still remembers vividly Damiani's first time on camera in an Invisible Walls episode. Will definitely try to find that video again if it gets uploaded.

I think I never missed an episode of Invisible Walls. Although what I remember the most is Marcus and Shane really going at it with Fallout 3 or New Vegas. Oh and Marcus rant against Activision during Modern Warfare 2 release window or date.

Nokterian

For some reason people are real salty about gaf.

That has always been the case a lot of gaffers have video's on youtube and mostly the first comment i saw was fuck amirox lol.

No lie, this video is what brought me to NeoGaf years ago. Gametrailers and NeoGaf are the same family for me...

GT was also my jam for a long time and i came to Neogaf in 2010 during E3 of Konami yes that legendary press event.

Prompto

Banned

yea that series of streams were amazing. Especially the warehouse episode where we saw a man descend into madness repeating the same area for an hour straight
I almost saved that specific day of the stream cause it was so hilarious but I didn't have enough space on my hard drive or something. Deeply regret it now. I think I did save a clip of Bosman having a meltdown after dying from a fall though.

Protip, Gaf isn't the open, free internet. A little common courtesy can go a long way.

No lie, this video is what brought me to NeoGaf years ago. Gametrailers and NeoGaf are the same family for me...

Same here, that documentary brought me to GAF and following GAF before, during and after the PS4 reveal made stay.

btw. is GTs "Narrative in Games" still out there? Can't seem to find it on YouTube but I still have it on my hard drive so I'm just going upload it once the 3rd TEW DLC has finished uploading.

Hasney

As cool as its gonna be to hear from Brandon, I feel like Total Biscuit is just taking advantage of the situation for his own gain.

I'm not a TB fan and that was my first thought. I ended up watching his news thing that called about GT and he went on about how he thinks most people there could become their own brand either separately or together and the way he talked he wounded like a fan of at least Bosman.

Sure, it's good for him in the current situation because for a lot of us, that'll be the first time listening to that podcast, but I actually think he gives a shit as well.

UrbanRats

As cool as its gonna be to hear from Brandon, I feel like Total Biscuit is just taking advantage of the situation for his own gain.
He's giving them a platform to speak and promote whatever they have lined up next.
In exchange for some extra views.

That's how it works, it's not like when the Fire watch guy went on GTLive, he did because of the charitable spirit of GT, you exchange promotion for views.

I don't know why you think TB owes anything at all to the GT staff, beyond this.

I'm not a TB fan and that was my first thought. I ended up watching his news thing that called about GT and he went on about how he thinks most people there could become their own brand either separately or together and the way he talked he wounded like a fan of at least Bosman.

Sure, it's good for him in the current situation because for a lot of us, that'll be the first time listening to that podcast, but I actually think he gives a shit as well.

TB also talked about it on this weeks episode of the Co-Optional podcast which was being recorded when the news broke. He, Jesse Cox, Dodger, and MikeB discussed it for a good twenty minutes and he very clearly was a fan of the site and its work. Given that he has had Kyle on before I think he very much wanted to give them a platform to talk about the situation. The live taping of the show usually gets a few dozen thousand on Twitch plus the delayed posting to youtube another 3-400,000 thousand views, plus whatever views the archived version on Twitch recieves, so having on two people from the same website back to back is no small thing.

He's giving them a platform to speak and promote whatever they have lined up next.
In exchange for some extra views.

That's how it works, it's not like when the Fire watch guy went on GTLive, he did because of the charitable spirit of GT, you exchange promotion for views.

I don't know why you think TB owes anything at all to the GT staff, beyond this.
I think the real issue is that nobody wants to give TB any views or attention, and that desire is now conflicting with the one to hear from Brandon again.

Gun Animal

is there a playlist of every single episode of the Final Bosman anywhere? I noticed awhile ago that the official playlist on youtube was missing some of the early episodes.

Top Bottom