• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GameTrailers to close after 13 years

sora87

Tryna keep it low and in check but ya know
expectations.jpg

Burt

If something dos end up happening, I doubt we'd hear anything other than 'keep an eye out'. It'd take a lot of time to put something like this together, from figuring out the team, to getting their hands in equipment and a filming location, to doing the necessary research into Patreon, to building the Patreon itself, etc. It'd surprise me if they had their meeting and said, "Yeah, nothing's doing. We're all outta games now.", but it would really surprise me if we heard anything more than a notification of an announcement in the ambiguously distant future.

sinxtanx

GameTrawlers?
GameThinkers...
GameTrumpers (terrific)
GameTrollers!
GameTainters....no
GameThumpers!?
GameTouchers ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
GameTen/10
GameTonnage!
GameThespians?
GameToot ♫
Game: Total War
GameToters.

༼ ◔ ͜ʖ ◔ ༽ I can do this all day

If something dos end up happening, I doubt we'd hear anything other than 'keep an eye out'. It'd take a lot of time to put something like this together, from figuring out the team, to getting their hands in equipment and a filming location, to doing the necessary research into Patreon, to building the Patreon itself, etc. It'd surprise me if they had their meeting and said, "Yeah, nothing's doing. We're all outta games now.", but it would really surprise me if we heard anything more than a notification of an announcement in the ambiguously distant future.
Yep.

They're figuring out if everyone is on board, what to do and how to do it.

You aren't getting an actual launch for weeks at least, even if they figured out everything tonight and decided to go for it

RiverKwai

I mean, Brandon himself chose the name more than a decade ago so they will at least consider it, I believe. (if they in fact decide to do something, I hope :3 )

Yes, because if PSN features threads are anything to go by, nobody ever wants to change a name they've been stuck with for ten years.

They should change their name to Butsmasherrr.

phaze

Real shame. I haven't dabbled much with their other content but their reviews were the best I've see and pretty much the only ones I checked.

Uhyve

Realistically, it really could be alittle while until we hear anything, especially if they're planning on putting together a professional looking channel and Patreon. Though I'm still gonna hope for the best.

BJ and Company
It'd be nice to be able to expect BJ Time once a week.

wiibomb

I cannot check most social medias today, but please keep us informed GT gaf...

I'm cautiously optimistic, with wallet in hand just in case

I cannot check most social medias today, but please keep us informed GT gaf...

I'm cautiously optimistic, with wallet in hand just in case

They're meeting today to discuss future plans. TB told Brandon to not join a company and Brandon agreed, saying that the market today is changing and they need to adapt and change with it with a new format. He is optimistic and sounds like he's been thinking about starting something new for the past week or so but want to discuss it with everyone later today at a meeting to see who's in or out and see what happens from there.

that's all I needed to hear from the TB podcast so I closed it.

Bizzquik

They're meeting today to discuss future plans. TB told Brandon to not join a company and Brandon agreed, saying that the market today is changing and they need to adapt and change with it with a new format. He is optimistic and sounds like he's been thinking about starting something new for the past week or so but want to discuss it with everyone later today at a meeting to see who's in or out and see what happens from there.

Thanks for the update.

Makes sense. Brandon - the leader - will talk to the team to kick around possibilities and see if they can make something work financially.
No news for a while, but I love the fact that they're trying.

I support several YouTubers on Patreon; I would gladly do the same for the GT crew, or - alternatively - subscribe to their site if they go the siftd.net route.

wiibomb

thanks for the info, I'm really hopeful that they can start something more

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
I'm glad we have an update, but I hope they retain at least part of the old format, along with some innovation to attract new people.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
It may not happen at all, so set expectations accordingly rather than thinking what they should do when they relaunch.

Oh yeah, definitely. I'm glad they're at least considering continuing being together.

I think it goes without saying that if they get any individual proposal from outside, they will likely accept. I mean, they have to provide for themselves and their families, so that's comprehensible and ultimately it would be the right thing to do. But I still hope they are crazy enough to stick together.

I think it goes without saying that if they get any individual proposal from outside, they will likely accept. I mean, they have to provide for themselves and their families, so that's comprehensible and ultimately it would be the right thing to do. But I still hope they are crazy enough to stick together.

Even then I hope they can make an online podcast over Skype or Hangouts happen.

Top Bottom