• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gaming Age Beatdowns GAF SSFIV Online Tourney registration thread

Kadey said:
No mains yet. You'll have to decide with your team. No duplicates. I want matches recorded and either someone uploads theirs onto YT or I'll do it myself via replay being sent to me somehow. The achievement prizes depends on it.

You probably can't send replays. We'd have to daisy chain replays to get it over to you if it's a hassle.

Confused.. did I get in?

The whole registration was confusing since you made a thread within the time you said you were over the past few days and even made a post in the main thread saying "HERE IT IS!!!" and stuff.. but then 2 pages into this thread you 'opened' registration?

Confused.. Can you explain Kadey?

EDIT: OHhhh I see.. you said "Begins sometime this hour" That was a bit confusing with the whole thread..

Hopefully I still got in D:

If not.. then good luck to the others.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
25ztk5h.jpg

Congrats! to the following people whom made it into the very first GAF fighting league Official Super Street Fighter IV Tournament.

Sorry to the rest of the people interested. Next time!

1. Lyte Edge

2. AkumaHokoru

3. DD-11

4. Zlatko

5. Fubarduck

6. DragonballJoseph

7. Ronabo

8. Ccrook

9. Pandaman

10. Motion Picture Soundtrack

11. Henhowc

12. NinjaHeartless

13. Eissan

14. Darkressurection

Black_vegeta

16. Dartastic

17. Gutabo

18. Lost Fragment

19. Jam86

20. Spirit of Jazz

21. Enzo_gt

22. Kiun

23. Rentahamster

24. Killa Sasa

25. Blueblur1

26. Sir Garbageman

27. n3ss

28. Snapshot King

29. Nikashi

30. Grifter

31. DryEyeRelief

32. Iron E Man

33. drohne

34. God's Beard

35. Enk

36. Threi

37. Tesseract

38. Gutter_trash

39. Sonicspear64

40. Qcf x2

41. Mars

42. TurtleSnatcher

43. Relix

44. Eva01

45. Skiloton

46. RS4

47. NYCfurby

48. Raging Spaniard

Woooo! Hope I get in with Akuma so he can tell me the club stories inappropriate for the Team Spooky stream, should soften the many losses I'll face :lol

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
The people that are in, if you cannot be there for your team mates, tell me now before I start choosing teams before the end of the day. I'll give your spot to the next person in line.

zlatko

Banned
Looking forward to seeing who is on my team. I'm also frantically looking for a replacement 360 since mine E74ed during playing SSF4. :(

I think my friend who has 3 will let me bum one until I get mine back, but otherwise I'll completely drop the money to buy a spare. :D My commitment to this tourney and SSF4 is over 9000!

IMG_1974.jpg

weapons of choice:
-PS1 Custom Sanwa Stick
-PS2 Saturn Controller (just in case I lose composure on stick and need to revert to pad)
-Pelican Converter PS2 > PS3
-XConvert PS2 > 360

Mars

Banned
If it's by region, I guess I'm gonna be on some kind of Team Canada... though in BC I'm not exactly close to the Quebec/Ontario people. There's some people here from Vancouver, right?

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
The region thing is just an idea for me to see whos from where. I should randomize teams pretty soon. Just got up from a nice nap. :D

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
e6281y.gif
25ztk5h.jpg

2qxrpfl.jpg

2e657w8.jpg

I want..........

Team name
Team Logo
Team theme
Team quote...

ASAP to get it over with. The quicker I get these, the faster I can get the official thread done.

Grifter

were people matched by region? practicing with my team would be laggy but actually, that's good for this tourney. let's grind some endless mode, team 3!

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Yo Team 9! Sup sup sup! Let's communicate over PM and add our GTs =P. I think I am full but I'll delete some people.

zlatko

Banned
Relix said:
Yo Team 9! Sup sup sup! Let's communicate over PM and add our GTs =P. I think I am full but I'll delete some people.

:D There you are! DryEye and I have been going back and forth through the PM's.

I'll send you a PM with some stuff I sent him.

zlatko

Banned
Relix and DryEyeRelief you guys need to check out your PM inbox. Let me know if you approve of the team logo and name. You both were in favor of the theme song too, so I think all that could be left on our end to finish up is getting a quote/motto.

After that we just gotta set up some times to get together online and practice. :D

Ronabo said:
So what exactly is the format of this?

Single elim or double?

Same question myself, "first team to win two sets" means what exactly. I'm sure this is a really dumb / noob question but bear with me. For example, is it situation A or B?

A. Let's say Team 1 has players A, B, and C on it. Team 2 has D, E and F. First match A goes up against D, does A have to beat D once to go onto E? Let's say A beats D, E, and F once strait through, is that "one set" and the process repeats itself a second time to get two team wins?

B. Or is each match double elim to win two sets? IE A has to beat D twice to go onto E, and if he beats D, E and F twice in turn then Team 1 wins the whole thing?

Hope this question makes sense. Figure it's best to be crystal clear to avoid any controversy. Thanks.

Top Bottom