• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GB/GBC/GBA Collecting Thread

Saw this Pokémon Pinball "Slim" mod on Reddit. Didn't realize that there was a desire to do this.

http://imgur.com/a/WBpJX

TnQRX6v.gif

Probably just a hobby.

Yeah, of course. I think the thing that gets me about those sorts of custom jobs is that at some point they put so much effort in to it that I'm surprised they don't make their own parts or do something more unique than a few LEDs (though the new front plate is quite attractive, I'll admit).

Impotaku

Fixed all the broken links to my pics on the previous pages after my damn internet provider pulled everones free web hosting. Added some new stuff as well, games i forgot to take pics of and some older collection pics i have yet to re do.

ca4718b4f3.jpg

ca3331cb95.jpg

ca3382ce81.jpg

ca349d1506.jpg

ca33495dfe.jpg

ca3402d8f2.jpg

ca33c4301a.jpg

ca34650615.jpg

ca34e5c3aa.jpg

ca34a5865e.jpg

ca345896fe.jpg

ca34113241.jpg

ca49c698d1.jpg

ca4af00bbb.jpg

Cogwheels

Neo Member
I had a random desire to play Donkey Kong '94 last night. What a cracking game that still is. It led me down a path of buying a stack of Gameboy games off eBay!

I kinda really want a Gameboy Light console even though I have an AGS101 SP. Something about the aspect ratio of GB games on a GBA bothers me.

Mega

Banned
No idea how good or bad the GB Light is, but agreed on the bivert DMG being a great mod. I have two and they're a treat to use, even better than the smallish pillarboxed image of GB games on backlit-modded GBAs.

One has "neutral" colors which has a subtle bluish-purple hue like this... and the second I have is a green one that's more intense than conveyed by the pic below but I still love it.

The Super FX chip thread got me thinking, how good was the GBA at polygons? I recall there were some really impressive tech demos for the GBA, but what had the best 3D graphics, released or otherwise?

Rich!

Hope no one minds me cross promoting here, but I'm need of cash (as in, shit just got real).

I'm selling my backlit/biverted DMG and Pocket, GB Player, Everdrive and games over in the B/S/T thread if anyone is interested.

Hope no one minds me cross promoting here, but I'm need of cash (as in, shit just got real).

I'm selling my backlit/biverted DMG and Pocket, GB Player, Everdrive and games over in the B/S/T thread if anyone is interested.
Shit man, hopes things work out. It would kill a part of me to sell my gaming collection.

Grief.exe

You know shit just got real when we start selling our collection.

Hope everything is good.

Rich!

Well, my payslip for this week has £140 deductions out of £220 pay. Yet another reason why I'm in the process of taking the child maintenance service/HMRC to court. It's sadly left me unable to pay for my car and unable to pay for food for my daughter when she's round (half of the week)

Wasn't expecting them to add another £80 onto deductions because I took a week off on holiday last week, but here we are. Been thoroughly assfucked by these twats for a year now. Legally I should only be paying £23 a week, but they've fucked everything up due to miscalculations of my earnings despite arguments and repeated evidence being thrown their way.

Up until April I was working 5 days 40 hours a week and due to the deductions, I was only effectively being paid for two days of it. So I was forced to reduce my hours down to two days a week - and the deductions didn't reduce accordingly, despite my best efforts to inform the asshats of my change in circumstances.

Edit: just noticed I got a letter in the post from HMRC. Uh, shit just got good. Let me edit that sale post.

Morfeo

The Chuck Norris of Peace
Well, my payslip for this week has £140 deductions out of £220 pay. Yet another reason why I'm in the process of taking the child maintenance service/HMRC to court. It's sadly left me unable to pay for my car and unable to pay for food for my daughter when she's round (half of the week)

Wasn't expecting them to add another £80 onto deductions because I took a week off on holiday last week, but here we are. Been thoroughly assfucked by these twats for a year now. Legally I should only be paying £23 a week, but they've fucked everything up due to miscalculations of my earnings despite arguments and repeated evidence being thrown their way.

Up until April I was working 5 days 40 hours a week and due to the deductions, I was only effectively being paid for two days of it. So I was forced to reduce my hours down to two days a week - and the deductions didn't reduce accordingly, despite my best efforts to inform the asshats of my change in circumstances.

Edit: just noticed I got a letter in the post from HMRC. Uh, shit just got good. Let me edit that sale post.

This sucks to hear, but very happy it seems to end well!

Well, I finally managed to grab my holy grail of GBA collecting:

A Mother 3 GBA Micro!

I've wanted one for literally years now, but boxed versions always ran $500-600+. Thankfully though, I managed to snag one on eBay last night for ~$285 shipped. The box isn't perfect, but it still looks really good, so I'm pretty happy. Now let's just hope it gets here in one piece.

Can a Super Game Boy 2 be transplanted into a regular SGB shell with minimal modifications (I imagine just using a dremel to make a hole for the link port)? I want to get a SGB2 but I want everything to look aesthetically consistent. The blue transparent shell of the SGB2 wouldn't look right in a grey SNES with a grey GB cart in it to me.

Can a Super Game Boy 2 be transplanted into a regular SGB shell with minimal modifications (I imagine just using a dremel to make a hole for the link port)? I want to get a SGB2 but I want everything to look aesthetically consistent. The blue transparent shell of the SGB2 wouldn't look right in a grey SNES with a grey GB cart in it to me.

I have wondered the same.

prateeko

Seems like Everdrive GBA will be up for pre-order tomorrow at StoneAgeGamer and the initial specs seem to indicate RTC but no light/tilt-sensor. Seems like it will load games in 1-2 seconds and retail will be USD $100...

Seems like Everdrive GBA will be up for pre-order tomorrow at StoneAgeGamer and the initial specs seem to indicate RTC but no light/tilt-sensor. Seems like it will load games in 1-2 seconds and retail will be USD $100...

If it has no light/tilt sensor then I hope he's managed to fit it in a normal case. That bulbous one would seriously suck with a micro.

That said, I'll probably be waiting for a v2 or something regardless. Not going to pay 100$ unless it's a very significant upgrade from my perfectly functional ezfiv

prateeko

If it has no light/tilt sensor then I hope he's managed to fit it in a normal case. That bulbous one would seriously suck with a micro.

That said, I'll probably be waiting for a v2 or something regardless. Not going to pay 100$ unless it's a very significant upgrade from my perfectly functional ezfiv
It appears the size has remained bulbous :(

I'm also considering waiting for version 2 even though it's love to drag and drop

If a game like Drill Dozer fits into the GB Player, there's no reason the Everdrive should have a problem.

GBP load carts face up and I think they're curious if the bulbous case with interfere. If I remember correctly, Drill Dozer is a little taller, but just as flat as a regular cart.

Fireblend

Banned
Awesome that the Everdrive GBA is a thing that exists now. I want to see how it looks on a Micro before considering pulling the trigger.

Top Bottom