• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GB/GBC/GBA Collecting Thread

TnK

There was a complete translation of Love Hina Advance. It's a dating game, and as I recall, it was fun, but kind of short.
I remember playing that in my early teens, and one of the endings made me very confused. Guess which one, lol.

CrovaxPSO

Thought this was kind of interesting so I bought it. Pocket Love 2, comes with two CDs that have the lines from the game spoken by voice actresses. When you start the game you choose if you want to "link" with the CD or not, and then you match up the lines with the tracks on the CD.
n62v2UE.jpg

johnsmith

remember me
I bought a leaf green on ebay. The seller claimed it was legit (a lot of the bootleg sellers don't). I looked at the pics on this page and they didn't match with those, as the text on the bottom of the circuit was different, and I couldn't find the stamp so I started freaking out. Plus it wasn't loading on my ds lite (i just had to clean the contacts) But after watching this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ur8nEBwjRmk&t=4m5s I found the tiny hard to see E4 stamp under the nintendo logo, and the text printed on the circuits matches. Is that enough to confirm its real? Mine matches everything in this video exactly.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Thought this was kind of interesting so I bought it. Pocket Love 2, comes with two CDs that have the lines from the game spoken by voice actresses. When you start the game you choose if you want to "link" with the CD or not, and then you match up the lines with the tracks on the CD.

I searched for Pocket Love and found this thing on google instead:

gb_pocket.jpg

khaaan

Why are copies of F-Zero GP Legend so cheap? My local mom & pop shop has a decent sized stack of complete copies for a couple bucks each. Checking ebay, it doesn't look like they're going for that much more either.

My copy of Advance Wars 2 came today and it is amazing. I wish I would have played it years ago.

I missed out on so many great GB/C/A games in my youth. My GB/C collection consisted basically of just Pokemon Yellow, Red, Crystal, Gold and Silver. Of course I got a shit ton of gameplay out of them so I didn't feel like I was missing out on anything. By the time I got a GBA in 2002 I lost interest in new Pokemon, all I ever owned for my GBA until the past year was Super Mario Advance 4 and Godzilla: Domination. I still mostly played Pokemon Crystal in it.

I did play Emerald and Fire Red via emulator in high school (on the school's computers too), but I've never had legit copies of either. I've found myself loving Metroid Fusion (though I am stuck on the spider boss right now). Jurassic Park 3: Park Builder is really fun too.

I feel like I have catching up to do, but it is so hard now with the inflated prices and bootlegs everywhere.

Grizzo

I searched for Pocket Love and found this thing on google instead:

gb_pocket.jpg

Haha I didn't know about this one. Man, come to think of it, all these Game Boy ads have always been racy...

tumblr_m31wbqYLgI1qd4q8ao1_500.jpg

"The second best thing to do in the dark"

These ones for the OG GBA are just plain weird:

a7a8gameboy-advance-cry-small-85207.jpg

nintendo-gameboy-advance-stove-small-38358.jpg

gameboy-prison-small-31121.jpg

And the Game Boy Micro ones were disgusting:

Bug.jpg

Blues1990

I was lucky enough to score a platinum Nintendo GameCube GB Player, with the disk included, for $15.00. Now all I need is a colour-coordinated Gamecube to use it with, but I haven't found any good deals for it yet.

EDIT: And good gravy, I didn't even know that such advertisements for the original GameBoy had existed. I haven't decided yet if they are funny, creepy, or both.

Grief.exe

I mainly play on PCs, and for a game that old, the price is out of control.

Its hard for me to switch back and forth between console and PC gaming. The juxtaposition in price, and visuals of modern consoles (See: PS3/360/XBO/PS4), is insane.

whoops, I just noticed this.

Will do.

Was gonna hit up some stores today, but it started snowing again.

Damn this long winter.

You don't happen to live in Colorado do you?

I mainly play on PCs, and for a game that old, the price is out of control.

Its hard for me to switch back and forth between console and PC gaming. The juxtaposition in price, and visuals of modern consoles (See: PS3/360/XBO/PS4), is insane.

Still better than trying to buy Dragon Quest IV. That's a game that actually had a small run and was really good and is now hard to find even CIB at a reasonable price, let alone new.

I wish it were still that easy to buy GBA games new.

Plus even with the graphical difference I'd rather plan PW or DQ4 than anything on PS4 or XB1.

Why are copies of F-Zero GP Legend so cheap? My local mom & pop shop has a decent sized stack of complete copies for a couple bucks each. Checking ebay, it doesn't look like they're going for that much more either.

I'm guessing Nintendo printed way too many of them. This, and the poor sales of GX led Miyamoto to think the series wasn't wanted any more.

Peagles

Now I'm desperately trying to remember if I own DQIV or not... It's not on my shelf, but I have a bunch of sealed games at home. Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh!

Grief.exe

That graphical style is really unique, shows the possibilities afforded by the dual-screens on the DS.
I just realized 'DS' stands for dual-screen.

51K98LWsVmL.jpg
41wL1n7%2BGBL.jpg

Grief.exe

Speaking of Warioland, just found this gorgeous work by another Deviant Artist. I messaged him to see if he could provide the full resolution work for my boxes.

SML3: Warioland is probably one of my favorite covers.

gb_tribute__wario_land_by_marcshort-d5imvk3.jpg

Zalman

It blew my mind. He's only 7, so by the time he was born the DS had been out for a few years, so it makes sense. He loves his Wii and Mario, but had no clue what the fuck a Game Boy was.
Yeah, I have a few cousins around that age too. They love Nintendo games but they never say Game Boy. It feels weird to me. They just call their 3DS a "Nintendo".

IrishNinja

still no luck last time i tried to order a flashcard from that one shady site that would break when you clicked on paypal, anyone else found a good GBA one for $30 or so?

I set out on Friday to find an AGS-101. I wound up finding two. Got them with chargers for $30 each. My total weekend haul:

The Pink SP is in great condition, blue is pretty beat up but the screen is good. The OG GBA and Pokeman were given to me for free, so can't beat that. Going to look into putting a backlit screen into it. If it's easy enough I'll probably get one more and do the same so I have two SPs and two OGs all with backlit screens.

I also got the Donkey Kong Country 2 for free. I bought those two cases you see in the back, but one of them had a broken latch. They were only $1.99 each so I figured it'd still be wroth it. Took me about two seconds with a screwdriver when I got home to get the strap unjammed, and inside was Donkey Kong. Pretty awesome.

I am very pleased with my weekend.

Well, was thinking a while about it for posting, but why not.

This is my PAL GBA collection, all are complete except Ninja Cop, is missing the manual. :( And a NA game, because it didn't come out in Europe. :( Still didn't want to miss that Mighty Final Fight game. :)

f5ji6jr.jpg

Grief.exe

I set out on Friday to find an AGS-101. I wound up finding two. Got them with chargers for $30 each. My total weekend haul:

LwevNMW.jpg

The Pink SP is in great condition, blue is pretty beat up but the screen is good. The OG GBA and Pokeman were given to me for free, so can't beat that. Going to look into putting a backlit screen into it. If it's easy enough I'll probably get one more and do the same so I have two SPs and two OGs all with backlit screens.

I also got the Donkey Kong Country 2 for free. I bought those two cases you see in the back, but one of them had a broken latch. They were only $1.99 each so I figured it'd still be wroth it. Took me about two seconds with a screwdriver when I got home to get the strap unjammed, and inside was Donkey Kong. Pretty awesome.

I am very pleased with my weekend.

Holy shit.

That was quite a pick up there. You covered so many of the GBA's best games in one go.

Well, was thinking a while about it for posting, but why not.

This is my PAL GBA collection, all are complete except Ninja Cop, is missing the manual. :( And a NA game, because it didn't come out in Europe. :( Still didn't want to miss that Mighty Final Fight game. :)

f5ji6jr.jpg

Just curious, what is the point of watermarking it like that? Covers everything up.

Even if it was original art you made, and you wanted to advertise yourself as the artist, that level of watermarking would be overkill.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
How are the GBA F-Zero games? They're the only ones in the franchise I've never touched.

Also completely forgot Ultimate Muscle even existed.

maxcriden

How are the GBA F-Zero games? They're the only ones in the franchise I've never touched.

Also completely forgot Ultimate Muscle even existed.

I think they're supposed to be good. Funny story, as a kid I ordered a GBA from Amazon at launch. I was supposed to go to summer camp and I didn't want to miss out on having a GBA with me, so when it was clear it wasn't going to necessarily come in time, I got one at K-Mart instead. It came with F-Zero and I was really disappointed because it was the solid purple GBA and I'd ordered Super Mario Advance with the translucent system. Anyway I liked F-Zero okay but it just wasn't my kind of game. I ended up returning the system and game when my package came from Amazon. I played a lot of SMA and THPS2 that summer. It meant using that Nyko light and a lot of direct sunlight. The OG GBA screen was insanely dark! Anyway, just kind of funny because I'd be very interested in playing those F-Zeros now as I've heard good things about them.

Top Bottom