• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GBA SP price drop soon? $79.99 signs at EB

Tenguman

$149.99 for the DS leaves room for a price-drop to $99 if need be. If the DS was $200, Nintendo would have much need to go down to $79.99 for the GBA-SP.

Kalren said:
In Canada, Zeller's new flyer show a price of $99.

EekeekeekEeeeeek!

I so want a new SP. While the DS sounds cool, I'll wait till I know there is a library of good games (DS only) on it. If Nintendo started a Player's Choice line for Advance titles, I'd be estatic.

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
Is this actually, postively confirmed?

If so, I'd best take advantage of the EB trade in deal with the $50 price... then I can buy an $80 NES SP later this week.

$30 to "upgrade" isn't bad, I reckon.

Lee-T

Yup, I can confirm this 100%. The drop takes place Thursday September 2nd everywhere. No news on the older GBAs dropping though.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
DavidDayton said:
Is this actually, postively confirmed?

If so, I'd best take advantage of the EB trade in deal with the $50 price... then I can buy an $80 NES SP later this week.

$30 to "upgrade" isn't bad, I reckon.
Gamestop is $55 if you can get in there tonight or tomorrow (maybe). I just did mine this afternoon :)

T-1000_Model3 said:
If the SP drops in price what about the GBA Player then? I don't really care for hand held gaming too much(eye strain)but I would seriously look into a gba player if they were reduced to 20-25 dollars at retail.

The GBplayer is more of an eyestrain than the GBAsp imo. you can also buy them used for $10 less which is cool since it is a sturdy piece of hardware that I wouldn't consider prone to breaking.

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
Gamestop is still giving $55 for trade in credit. I just paid $25 and got myself an NES SP today.

Top Bottom