• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 2 |OT| ...Maria...MARIA!!!

Shins

Banned
palmas.jpg

borsdy

Banned
Okay, my friend bailed and now I have no one to play coop w/ for my first playthrough. Anyone here want to play tonight? You can host I don't care about lag, lets play on insane :)

Hootie

GashPrex said:
so in single player i am on the last chapter and right after
we enter the mansion through different doors
dom has just stopped fighting, in fact enemies just run right by him and completely ignore him. This happen to anybody else?

Yeah that happened to me, too.

And I remember freaking Tai's AI was absolutely suicidal. He'd run right into the middle of 10 locust and get downed, over and over and over.

Luckily he
gets tortured by the Locust enough to make him kill himself. Good riddance, asswipe.

zsswimmer

Man I really tried to like the multiplayer, I really did, but it's trash. The campaign was nice though, even though I bought this game in the hopes of great multiplayer.
I wish I didn't sell Gears 1 :(

jdub03

You can only download it if you unlocked it with the code. I tried to get the gold hammerburst and the Gamestop premium theme. All of those were priced at 99,999 ms points.

unomas said:
So are a ton of other people by looking at my friends list. Patch the game EPIC! Too much lag, bad party system, weapon balance is rediculous and even after that I found myself enjoyiing some wingman yesterday and other modes as long as you're in a group of friends. If you're playing with randoms though the game is a chore. They still have a chance to save it with a patch but the backlash is mighty already.

elaborate please

Kibbles

WHEN THE HELL ARE THEY GOING TO FIX MATCHMAKING? Seriously, we've been sitting in the lobby searching for at least 15 minutes now.

dk_

What the fuck.

I can't get into a SINGLE game because of shitty matchmaking. Epic should be slapped in the face for removing server lists. I can't believe it. It's just broken...

Kibbles said:
WHEN THE HELL ARE THEY GOING TO FIX MATCHMAKING? Seriously, we've been sitting in the lobby searching for at least 15 minutes now.
I've never had any problems with matchmaking in Gears. I wonder what determines, for Gears, whether you will have a long time finding games or a short amount of time.

Kibbles

Going for about 20minutes here without finding a match :D Fuck matchmaking.

I can't believe Epic still hasn't fixed it. How the hell can they let that happen? Seriously...

dk_

LOL

Hey it worked.

Oh no, the matchmaking SCREWED UP. I was in a team without an oppenent. Insta-win.

Great, thanks EPIC.

dk_

The best thing is that people from Europe get matched with people from the USA which results in lag. I guess some idiotic chimps developed the online part of Gears. Now I have a glitch in a game where I can't pick up things, can't reload and do no damage. Fun...

I still can't believe they messed this up. After Gears 1 where it worked.

MercuryLS

Banned
I haven't tried multi cause of all the horror stories, such a shame considering Epic's pedigree as a pioneer of online gaming on the PC side. I really thought they'd fix all the problems with Gears for Gears 2. Hopefully they patch it soon before everyone gives up on the game.

At least Horde is good shit.

Proc

Thanks to whoever suggested making a separate US account. I was able to download my map pack, and use them on my gold profile. Excellent. The multiplayer has some quirks to iron out but really nothing that can't be cleaned up before the end of the year (assuming they left some of their budget to support this game lol).

TTG

Wow, the level design(if you can even call it that) on the way to the queen's chamber is some of the laziest I've ever seen. Halo's library level has nothing on this. I'm surprised campaign mode isn't catching more shit for this stuff. The worm level, the lab where you just chainsaw through about 20 "Flood" bad guys, the path to the queen's palace, random sections of walking from checkpoint to checkpoint... I'm surprised at how clunky these sections are. It looks like the campaign was designed for some cool co op action for when you're tired of the multiplayer stuff and that's about it. AND I'm still using the same fucking weapons minus the very situation specific mortar/flame thrower. :/

Oh and since I'm on a rant: I love how Marcus stares down switches and levers into submission if you're carrying a turret. Who cares if you're making the biggest game of the year with an unlimited budget, there's no need to take some extra time to animate it properly.

G0DLIKE

Gears of War 2 is a GREAT game, but the online is a broken piece of shit.

The game needs a server list with connection quality indicators.

Fuck it, I'll go 'nd play
a
g
am
e
of l
a
g-
r
idden
s
hit
anyway.

Momar

aka Ryder
Hmm... this has been bugging me for awhile, but is it just me, or is the shotgun the most unpredictable thing in the world? I fire 2 shots upp chest area RIGHT next to the guy. He fires 1 shot after, I explode into bits. Eh?

I got a question relating to the story

After finding his wife, how come Dom shoots her in the head. Obviously she was sick, but their was no attempt to get medical aid or anything. It just seemed like he jumped to the conclusion that she needed to be killed rather quickly. Was she suffering from Imulsion sickness, and since it has no cure, Dom just put her out of her misery? Was that the idea?

DaCocoBrova

Finally bought a new PSP, but then pushed the demon onto someone else. Jesus.
TTG said:
Wow, the level design(if you can even call it that) on the way to the queen's chamber is some of the laziest I've ever seen. Halo's library level has nothing on this. I'm surprised campaign mode isn't catching more shit for this stuff. The worm level, the lab where you just chainsaw through about 20 "Flood" bad guys, the path to the queen's palace, random sections of walking from checkpoint to checkpoint... I'm surprised at how clunky these sections are. It looks like the campaign was designed for some cool co op action for when you're tired of the multiplayer stuff and that's about it. AND I'm still using the same fucking weapons minus the very situation specific mortar/flame thrower. :/

Oh and since I'm on a rant: I love how Marcus stares down switches and levers into submission if you're carrying a turret. Who cares if you're making the biggest game of the year with an unlimited budget, there's no need to take some extra time to animate it properly.

This.

Seems sloppy has hell and makes me appreciate Gears 1 even more. Thought it was just me who realized these things.

Were there some major staff changes at Epic for this one? It sure feels like it in just about every area of the game.

Dartastic

I just finished the campaign (finally, credits are rolling as we speak) and jesus, what a piece of shit ending. It just... ended. Great game, but... wow. Such a bad ending.

DoomGyver

I hate to say it but this game is Really, really, REALLY broken when it comes to online play.

I have encountered so many problems and glitches I'm too lazy to even start a list.

Fucking fix it already before we all get the herps.

There are a ton of you having problems with the matchmaking, couldn't someone make one of those GAF friends list? Like GAFGears2 or something. I know making new friends is tough, especially if they're 10 years younger than you, but the rewards could be alright. You could avoid matchmaking, avoid glitching etc....

Obviously GAFfer's aren't automatically awesome people who are full of fun and happiness, but it's gotta be better than the nightmare you guys are describing here.

TTG

DaCocoBrova said:
This.

Seems sloppy has hell and makes me appreciate Gears 1 even more. Thought it was just me who realized these things.

Were there some major staff changes at Epic for this one? It sure feels like it in just about every area of the game.

it seems like more thought went into the co-op experience but everything else has taken steps back. There are many more situations where you have to defend on 2 flanks or where having a long range guy and a short range player filling different roles is helpful.

Taking the horribly designed areas out of it, I still think the previous Gears was better. The main reason for that is that it seems you're mostly stationary in Gears 2. There's almost never a reason to move the line of fire forward, most of the time I end up behind the same piece of cover for the duration of the fight or just move laterally. I understand that one of the reasons is because the amount of enemies you're fighting has increased so much. It's easier to leave yourself exposed when going after the enemy, but when Gears boils down to sitting behind your cover and shooting the bad guys that are moving around their cover... it becomes boring. Oh and did I mention that there's basically one new weapon and one enemy type?

But it's still gears, still fun. I'm glad I rented it, I'm glad I didn't buy it. :lol

Flunkie

Banned
GAWD Aladuf is such a douchebag. First he teamkills me, then kicks me out of his game. After I rejoin, he made fun of me for my rank and called me a wannabe badass. WTF?!
I thought I WAS badass?! :'(

More like Aladouche, amirite?

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
Why the fuck didn't they just stick with Gears 1 MP Searching. I liked picking my specific gametype and being able to join a game in 10-20 seconds. :|

Fuck this matchmaking bullshit. It's not what Gears originated with.

Aladuf

Banned
Ok, how are you able to get the shots that are that big Recovery? I'm trying here to figure out this fucking site but I can't get good pix.

edit: nm, I think I got it

Flunkie said:
GAWD Aladuf is such a douchebag. First he teamkills me, then kicks me out of his game. After I rejoin, he made fun of me for my rank and called me a wannabe badass. WTF?!
I thought I WAS badass?! :'(

More like Aladouche, amirite?
:lol :lol You dick.

Top Bottom