• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 2 |OT| ...Maria...MARIA!!!

DoomGyver

Aladuf said:
Ok, how are you able to get the shots that are that big Recovery? I'm trying here to figure out this fucking site but I can't get good pix.

Just download your pics and then upload them to tinypic.

Flunkie

Banned
Aladuf said:
:lol :lol You dick.
f_iloveyouthim_9b85e5b.jpg

Flunkie

Banned
^That happened to me today playing Horde with a buddy.. only he said that he could see a weapon in my hand.. and mine looked exactly like those pics.

br3kabone with the chainsodomy on Flunkie:

4.jpg

Decent shot of Recovery while being glitched out and not being able to move:

5.jpg

Flunkie and Pip:

6.jpg

'duf holding me tight while showing me the beautiful view:

7.jpg

:lol

Aladuf

Banned
ThirdEngine said:
br3kabone with the chainsodomy on Flunkie:

*pix*

Decent shot of Recovery while being glitched out and not being able to move:

*pix*

Flunkie and Pip:

*pix*

'duf holding me tight while showing me the beautiful view:

*pix*

:lol

These pictures are exactly why despite all the flaws, Gears 2 is the god of multiplayer. So many insanely good times in our private matches. I mean seriously, how many times have we completely paused a match to have a damn photoshoot?! :lol

Seriously tonight was fucking awesome and proves that more GAFers make the matches much more fun. Also, Boltok battles are now mandatory on Jacinto.

Aladuf said:
Here's ThirdEngine's latest photoshoot minus a weapon.
It really looks like he's trying to model. :lol

But really, this happens to me every night and it's frustrating as hell. The only thing remotely funny is when you're trying to doge them because you're crabwalking.

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
Full Recovery said:
I hate to say it but this game is Really, really, REALLY broken when it comes to online play.

I have encountered so many problems and glitches I'm too lazy to even start a list.

Fucking fix it already before we all get the herps.

I'd rather they take their time for creating a title update rather than going the Gears 1 route of releasing a patch every other week to fix one thing that broke other things.

acm2000

Full Recovery said:
I hate to say it but this game is Really, really, REALLY broken when it comes to online play.

I have encountered so many problems and glitches I'm too lazy to even start a list.

Fucking fix it already before we all get the herps.

remember you have to pay a fee every time you update a game, so its in their best interests to fix as much as possible in the first patch, rather than lots of quick fix patches

DoomGyver

Domino Theory said:
I'd rather they take their time for creating a title update rather than going the Gears 1 route of releasing a patch every other week to fix one thing that broke other things.

Or they could fix the matchmaking issues, maybe add a region filter ASAP and then take their time working on glitches and game balancing issues.

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
acm2000 said:
remember you have to pay a fee every time you update a game, so its in their best interests to fix as much as possible in the first patch, rather than lots of quick fix patches

lolwat

Full Recovery said:
Or they could fix the matchmaking issues, maybe add a region filter ASAP and then take their time working on glitches and game balancing issues.

Fucking this. Region filter Aye SAP.

acm2000

Domino Theory said:

afaik, its to encourage devs/publishers to make sure their games are thoroughly tested before release, and one of the reasons castle crashers patch took so long, they made sure to fix every known bug, or there abouts

FF_VIII

Banned
Black_Ice said:
Why the fuck didn't they just stick with Gears 1 MP Searching. I liked picking my specific gametype and being able to join a game in 10-20 seconds. :|

Fuck this matchmaking bullshit. It's not what Gears originated with.

Thank Halo3 for that.

I was playing some coop and thought about something funny. How could 4 big guys like Dom, Marcus, Cole and Baird all fit in the Centaur? When you look at the Centaur, it's very slim on all sides and looks like it could only hold a maximum of maybe 2 people.

I thought it was funny, not to mention they were to move some Stranded aswell. :D

Also, I've noticed this a few times in coop where you are on the boat at the end of Act 3, one of the players always shakes about, like he has some bad lag, while the other has none. That's the one thing that they need to fix. It's like the 2 players is way toomuch on such a small boat.

It doesn't make the thing unplayable, but it is annoying. I just finished the campaign on Insane, it makes Harcore look like a walk in the park.

rjcc

acm2000 said:
afaik, its to encourage devs/publishers to make sure their games are thoroughly tested before release, and one of the reasons castle crashers patch took so long, they made sure to fix every known bug, or there abouts

the castle crashers patch actually came out?

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
People still complaining about wait times for Matchmaking - guess I'll post what I caught on to by myself sometime ago - I figured some would figure this as well also by now, but here goes:

The longest wait times I've experienced in Matchmaking were when I search alone (1) and when I searched with four of us...

Searching with a group of 2 or 3 went fast, within 2 minutes, usually 1, and searching with a full party of 5 is almost instant... this of course doesn't include the two days when Live was acting up and randomnly disconnecting players since that of course kills the population you're searching in, and from what I can tell, Gears 2 really searches for the best matches in skill before starting a match...

So if you finally got a team when you searched alone, just invite them back to your lobby afterward, or before you search, invite friends and fill up your party before searching - makes a world of difference until Epic can optimize search times for searching alone or with 4 people, seeing as it's their first time using Matchmaking...

ThirdEngine said:
Seriously tonight was fucking awesome and proves that more GAFers make the matches much more fun. Also, Boltok battles are now mandatory on Jacinto.

It really looks like he's trying to model. :lol

But really, this happens to me every night and it's frustrating as hell. The only thing remotely funny is when you're trying to doge them because you're crabwalking.

Seriously, what kind of connection do you have that that happens every night? I've seen it twice only, and I play every night, both instances there was lag, and it only happened to someone I was spectating, and never myself...

FF_VIII said:
Thank Halo3 for that.

Don't know if you ever, ever played Gears 1 competitively in Ranked matches, but there were people out there that kept complaining about going against stacked teams (I never did, since I'd still have no problems winning when alone), and Epic listened to them and went with matchmaking so stacked teams could face each other...

So don't blame them for listening to their fans...

Manp

Aladuf said:
Here's ThirdEngine's latest photoshoot minus a weapon.

http://i37.tinypic.com/29asdaf.jpg[IMG]
[IMG]http://i38.tinypic.com/j6igjs.jpg[IMG]
[IMG]http://i34.tinypic.com/2iiyef7.jpg[IMG]
[IMG]http://i35.tinypic.com/28lcaio.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

that kept happening to me in Horde yesterday... basically every time after dropping the mulcher i ended up having no weapon. after selecting one with the dpad everything was back to normal.

:)

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
NutJobJim said:
OK so with me Affluenza and you three guys we've got a party of 5 :D
Hopefully we can get some games in.
I'm not sure if I'll be on tonight but I'll be on most of Sat/Sun for sure.

tonight is the night for me after 6pm ams time. had a visitor all weekend and I would have felt sad saying 'sit there while I play gears for around 3 hours'

Ryder said:
Hmm... this has been bugging me for awhile, but is it just me, or is the shotgun the most unpredictable thing in the world? I fire 2 shots upp chest area RIGHT next to the guy. He fires 1 shot after, I explode into bits. Eh?
Lag.

unomas said:
If you're playing with randoms though the game is a chore.
To be fair, this is almost the case with every online game I've played, especially those with matchmaking. Halo 3 and Call of Duty 4 were also very painful to play with complete strangers (most of the time), moreso when you have to play against a group that are basically a bunch of friends.

Black_Ice said:
Why the fuck didn't they just stick with Gears 1 MP Searching. I liked picking my specific gametype and being able to join a game in 10-20 seconds. :|

Fuck this matchmaking bullshit. It's not what Gears originated with.
... Because people complained en masse about this, partially due to the fact you couldn't play Ranked Matches with friends unless you tried to arrange this by picking very specific settings? Which resulted in stacked teams galore every time you tried to play a Ranked Match.

Flunkie said:
GAWD Aladuf is such a douchebag. First he teamkills me, then kicks me out of his game. After I rejoin, he made fun of me for my rank and called me a wannabe badass. WTF?!
I thought I WAS badass?! :'(

More like Aladouche, amirite?
:lol :lol

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Last night I won a Wingman game. We were gonna win 100% sure since we had the 15 points and the closest team couldn't get that on time. Then I see people start to leave and finally the host left.

What the fuck Epic? Was it really so hard to write a netcode ala Halo 3 that picks a new host? This is beyond lazy. You guys absolutely suck with netcode. Also, fix the fucking Dashboard thing. Everyone when losing just goes to the dash and doesn't lose any points on their rank. Reason why everyone leaves every single time.

Aladuf

Banned
Skilotonn said:
Seriously, what kind of connection do you have that that happens every night? I've seen it twice only, and I play every night, both instances there was lag, and it only happened to someone I was spectating, and never myself...
Third actually has a pretty damn good connection, he always hosts our private matches and they are as lagless as could be. Anytime we have only 5 people, we'll head into matchmaking and these past few nights have had the most terrible lag, we've all been suffering through it. Last nights lag in matchmaking was far worse than anything I have ever experienced with lag before.

I honestly don't know why we even bother with matchmaking anymore because in private matches we remove the uber power weapons (mortar/mulcher) along with frags/ink 'nades, we love stopping matches to have photo-ops, etc. Gears 2 multiplayer sucks so bad in matchmaking and is just the greatest thing ever (for me at least) in private matches.

Manp said:
that kept happening to me in Horde yesterday... basically every time after dropping the mulcher i ended up having no weapon. after selecting one with the dpad everything was back to normal.

:)
That's normal but what's happening to him is that he starts the match off like that because of lag. It sucks because whenever it does happen to him, he'll end up basically being out of the whole match.

Aladuf said:
Third actually has a pretty damn good connection, he always hosts our private matches and they are as lagless as could be. Anytime we have only 5 people, we'll head into matchmaking and these past few nights have had the most terrible lag, we've all been suffering through it. Last nights lag in matchmaking was far worse than anything I have ever experienced with lag before.
I've been having a lot more lag in the past couple of matches as well.

Aladuf

Banned
Dax01 said:
I've been having a lot more lag in the past couple of matches as well.
I wonder what's going on with that then? The first week or so it was totally lagless for us whenever we played and now it's just unbearable. :/

Manp

Aladuf said:
That's normal but what's happening to him is that he starts the match off like that because of lag. It sucks because whenever it does happen to him, he'll end up basically being out of the whole match.

duh :(

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Aladuf said:

I honestly don't know why we even bother with matchmaking anymore because in private matches we remove the uber power weapons (mortar/mulcher) along with frags/ink 'nades, we love stopping matches to have photo-ops, etc. Gears 2 multiplayer sucks so bad in matchmaking and is just the greatest thing ever (for me at least) in private matches.

Well that's weird...

That sucks that you guys are getting these problems in Matchmaking - right up till the night before when me and MicVlaD were on a winning streak in Wingman, we only had one instance of lag, and no one else mention experiencing it otherwise...

The one instance we had was on Day One and you knew it was there because it was the horrible kind where you can't even roadie run properly - another issue I assume the Matchmaking may have is choosing a host because when there is lag, everyone gets it, meaning the host's connection is just crap...

I personally love the heavy power weapons, and about grenades - I guess I love 'em because I get loads of kills with them, and always look around corners and shoot them when I see them so I don't see as overpowered... :)

But yeah, nothing beats having a full 5 vs 5 match all with your real personal friends, last night I spent all day finishing off co-op on Normal (I'm up to halfway through Act 4 on Insane solo) and then spent the rest of the evening playing multi with a full room of friends - we keep it standard load out since we play Ranked often, and it would mess up how we'd play in MM, and it's always a blast...

They're working on this no doubt, and I hope that it's fixed soon so that you guys can get back into Matchmaking because you guys are missing out really...

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
JB1981 said:
I like how whenever an Xbox exclusive title has issues, somehow they never - ever - affect Skilotonn. Funny that.

Yes, I'm just making all of this up, I'm not getting into any matches at all, not knowing how to get around whatever issues are out there - and they're all Xbox exclusives you say?

Don't just talk out of your ass, list the games and the issues "that I never have" then!

Chinner

Banned
Matchmaking has also been very good for me as well. All the matches I played in Gears 2 yesterday pratically had no lag at all. I'm not saying its always perfect but I don't seem to get the shitty experience that others get.

Sectus

About every fifth game I join end up being completley unplayable... can't fire weapons, can't move around properly, etc... definitely due to the host having a bad connection. They should have implemented some kind of network test in the game to confirm whether a host has enough bandwidth and no packet loss.

About one third of the games I join has the host leaving once things go bad for him.

About 90% of the games I join has at least one leaver (usually before the game even starts... which makes no sense).

And it takes around 3->10 minutes for matchmaking to start a game. A few times up to 15-20 minutes.

EEEWOOOOO HOOOO!!!

Just beat the fucking game.

Holy shit.

That was one sick fucking ride.

I wouldn't say I teared up or nothing (obvs) but there was some mighty fucked up shit happening in this game.

And the end! Whoa, dude!

Prediction: Gears Of War 3 - More Mansions Than Last Time.

:D

(Banjo is still my GOTY.)

dk_

Sectus said:
About every fifth game I join end up being completley unplayable... can't fire weapons, can't move around properly, etc... definitely due to the host having a bad connection. They should have implemented some kind of network test in the game to confirm whether a host has enough bandwidth and no packet loss.

About one third of the games I join has the host leaving once things go bad for him.

About 90% of the games I join has at least one leaver (usually before the game even starts... which makes no sense).

And it takes around 3->10 minutes for matchmaking to start a game. A few times up to 15-20 minutes.
FUCKING THIS. All things happen to me regularly.

kaizoku

I'm not as deluded as I make myself out to be
things seem really bad for gears, I'm really disappointed. Its the weekend, I have 99 friends in my friends list built around gaf gears of war lists or old gears 1 gaming buddies and right now, only 1 is playing gears 2, and he's playing campaign!

if the community crumbles around gears 2 this early on, its never gonna pick up the legs when any fixes or patch comes out.

sucks that I can't turn it on, search for a quick casual game like I did on gears 1 and be playing within 2 minutes and finished playing in 30. why is every searchable game a damn ranked match I can't jump in or out of?

kaizoku said:
things seem really bad for gears, I'm really disappointed. Its the weekend, I have 99 friends in my friends list built around gaf gears of war lists or old gears 1 gaming buddies and right now, only 1 is playing gears 2, and he's playing campaign!

if the community crumbles around gears 2 this early on, its never gonna pick up the legs when any fixes or patch comes out.

sucks that I can't turn it on, search for a quick casual game like I did on gears 1 and be playing within 2 minutes and finished playing in 30. why is every searchable game a damn ranked match I can't jump in or out of?

It's NXE weekend, dude. 80% of my friends are playing the hot new sci-fi shoot-em-up "Netflix".

Chinner

Banned
BenjaminBirdie said:
It's NXE weekend, dude. 80% of my friends are playing the hot new sci-fi shoot-em-up "Netflix".
No dude. What you don't understand is that kaizoku has EVERY Xbox Live member on his friends list. Normally when someone claims a game is in trouble using their friends list as a indicator I would tell them that they're fear mongering, stupid and being naive but when kaizoku says that no one is playing on his friends list then that means that game is DEAD.

Chinner said:
No dude. What you don't understand is that kaizoku has EVERY Xbox Live member on his friends list. Normally when someone claims a game is in trouble using their friends list as a indicator I would tell them that they're fear mongering, stupid and being naive but when kaizoku says that no one is playing on his friends list then that means that game is DEAD.

Fuuuuuuck.

I mean, I haven't played multi yet, but I loved the campaign. That really sucks that this is the end and we'll never have the hanging threads from 2 answered in a sequel.

Dang, man.

he's right Ive been using the hell out of Netflix on Xbox live, but I should be back to Gears 2 soon...

also I would like to say one thing, yes, Gears 2 multiplayer is flawed and there are things that annoy the hell out of me, but to say that Gears 1 multiplayer is better is just wrong.

Go back and play Gears 1 and when you get shotgun blasted by the host for the millionth time, I welcome you to come crawling back to Gears 2.

I think someone posted something like this earlier, despite all the glitches, there is something so good about the gears 2 gameplay that keeps me coming back. Hopefully, epic can get all the crap sorted out, so I dont have to hear stupid comments about the good ol' days of Gears 1.

Aladuf

Banned
ThirdEngine said:
Flunkie and Pip:

6.jpg
Seeing this again reminded me of when we were doing our photoshoots with the train last night how I did the roll into it right as it came at me and the damn thing got a headshot on me. That was awesome. :lol

kaizoku

I'm not as deluded as I make myself out to be
Chinner said:

BenjaminBirdie said:
Fuuuuuuck.

I mean, I haven't played multi yet, but I loved the campaign. That really sucks that this is the end and we'll never have the hanging threads from 2 answered in a sequel.

Dang, man.

so...why have two of you come out swinging like I tried to instigate a fight? o_0 this is not some PR campaign, court room battle or presidential election. because I make a statement born from my frustration and disappointment with my experience, you do not need to dismiss my statement by mocking or belittling my character for crying out loud. This is not a propoganda war.

I play this game as much as any of you, and I hope for the best. I bought a new 360 for this game ffs. but guess what I'm flat out unable to get a session going, I'm not struggling to, I CANNOT.

But apparently its my fault cos I only have 99 friends and I should shut up and never say anything negative again cos it makes you feel a strange inexplicable urge to insult me.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Aladuf said:
Seeing this again reminded me of when we were doing our photoshoots with the train last night how I did the roll into it right as it came at me and the damn thing got a headshot on me. That was awesome. :lol

I didn't know that was possible - nice one! :lol

Aching to get back online right now, but I'm finishing up some work that needs to be done for tomorrow, and I kinda overdid it with the gaming yesterday in Gears 2...

kaizoku said:
so...why have two of you come out swinging like I tried to instigate a fight? o_0 this is not some PR campaign, court room battle or presidential election. because I make a statement born from my frustration and disappointment with my experience, you do not need to dismiss my statement by mocking or belittling my character for crying out loud. This is not a propoganda war.

I play this game as much as any of you, and I hope for the best. I bought a new 360 for this game ffs. but guess what I'm flat out unable to get a session going, I'm not struggling to, I CANNOT.

But apparently its my fault cos I only have 99 friends and I should shut up and never say anything negative again cos it makes you feel a strange inexplicable urge to insult me.

I was just....jokin' around man. When I fight, I carry Mortars.

COLE TRAIN BABY, WHOOOO!!!

Snowden

Banned
Aladuf said:
I honestly don't know why we even bother with matchmaking anymore because in private matches we remove the uber power weapons (mortar/mulcher) along with frags/ink 'nades
While the respawn times for grenades are too low, removing them entirely sounds like overkill. Why not switch them with a weapon that only has one spawn point, at a fairly equal distance from both teams' start points?

Top Bottom