• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 2 |OT| ...Maria...MARIA!!!

Aladuf

Banned
_dementia said:
I was mad at you that one time you told me to leave the party. You can add me back.
What, when? I never told you to leave our party..

I mean, we've only played Gears 2 once or twice together and I swear we were just doing private matches so I have no clue why I'd want you to leave.

Aladuf said:
What, when? I never told you to leave our party..

I mean, we've only played Gears 2 once or twice together and I swear we were just doing private matches so I have no clue why I'd want you to leave.
6 people Public matchmaking and I had the lowest rank...

Aladuf

Banned
_dementia said:
6 people Public matchmaking and I had the lowest rank...
Ok, I remember this now but it had nothing to do with your rank, I could give a damn about anyone's rank. I think what happened is we had five people and you popped in right before the lobby's host was going to start it. I don't know why I would have asked you to leave because if we ever go over 5 people then we just head to a private match but I guess if I did tell you to, then my bad. I just added you back so we can do our private matches tonight.

Evonus said:
"God damn asshole whoring 'x'"

"Fucking two-piecing"

"Hey, he weapon-slid!"

"Fucking grenades."

"Yeah, hold down B more, asswipe."

"Fucking campers!"

remember when complaining about stuff that you're likely as guilty as whoever you're addressing, lol
Basically "Fuck everything that kills me"

kaizoku

I'm not as deluded as I make myself out to be
I'm ashamed to say I'm getting better at the game, I'm actually quite handy with the smoke and chainsaw routine, more so than I ever was with the shotgun anyway, I always sucked at that. But that doesn't mean I like it. The only reason I pull out my smokes before every encounter is because I know the other guy is about to do it and frankly I find it boring.

People need to stop defending the game. It has less glitches than gears 1? debateable - but it CERTAINLY has more gamebreaking glitches. host advantage is ten times worse now, you often get games where your bullets wont shoot and you cant pick up ammo, matchmaking is pathetic - these are game breakers.

I've also noticed that if you melee someone, its as if they then have the advantage, which is stupid. So many times I've melee'd someone only for them to recover faster than I can and blast my head off or even worse chainsaw me. I also flinch from somehing twice which is really annoying, like a sniper will shoot me, I'll flinch and go to get him before he reloads, but oops I flinch again and he reloads, changes weapon and kills me. *sigh* No matter how you look at it, its not as refined or as well balanced as gears 1. That game was balanced like a goddamn beat em up, down to the frames of animation and everything.

the new additions were not made with MP in mind, they were tuned for horde mode. Thats why the shotgun is nerfed cos you could cut through locusts too easy with the old one. Thats why you can plant grenades so you can camp out somewhere. Thats why you can stand shields in the ground.

if you really wanna convince yourself that the game balance was fine, imagine if some locusts had smoke grenades or if they knew how to plant grenades. Horde mode would be fucked.

Sandman42

I don't how you guys aren't enjoying the versus mutliplayer, but I sure the fuck am.

This game is 10x better online and the netcode is VASTLY IMPROVED.

The only problem I have with online is the fact that there are so many new players who don't know how to play and they seem jump into a ranked match. Then they get paired up with me, and it's my job to carry the team with very little help.

Online requires a certain level of aggressiveness that new players have difficulty grasping at first. Their initial reaction is to kind of sit back and let the enemies come to them, not realizing that by the time the enemy arrives, they will have acquired all the power weapons on the map, and will proceed to destroy rip you a new one.

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
Kadey said:
Is there an easy way to get that use meatbag as shield to save one's ass achievement?
I don't know. I've used a meatshield so many times yet I only have 4 or 5 counted for the achievement. I'm not sure what the catch is to get it to count.

kuYuri

Kadey said:
Is there an easy way to get that use meatbag as shield to save one's ass achievement?

Stick the person/AI/whatever that's down with a frag grenade, than quickly press A to pick them up as a meat shield. A second or two later, they will explode and count towards it.

Aladuf

Banned
NameGenerated said:
I don't know. I've used a meatshield so many times yet I only have 4 or 5 counted for the achievement. I'm not sure what the catch is to get it to count.
All you have to do is take someone as a meatshield and then have them be shot up so many times that the body withers away.

Snowden

Banned
kaizoku said:
People need to stop defending the game.
And you need to move on. You've made a fine case for why the game isn't fun for you, and I haven't seen you voice reason 1 why you should continue. You're forcing yourself to play, which forces you to see the complaints you have in the game, which forces you to put those complaints into text form here. You've made your argument. So let it be done.

Move onward and upward to new games, or fall backwards to Gears 1. Until a patch releases, your complaints will remain. Bringing them up repeatedly doesn't do much for anything.

kaizoku

I'm not as deluded as I make myself out to be
Evonus said:
And you need to move on. You've made a fine case for why the game isn't fun for you, and I haven't seen you voice reason 1 why you should continue. You're forcing yourself to play, which forces you to see the complaints you have in the game, which forces you to put those complaints into text form here. You've made your argument. So let it be done.

Move onward and upward to new games, or fall backwards to Gears 1. Until a patch releases, your complaints will remain. Bringing them up repeatedly doesn't do much for anything.

I know I need to shut up about it, just see some comments which make me wanna hit respond.

Never said the game wasn't fun, probably my game of the year and I plan to play it to death. I haven't just come out trolling the game, sure I pick it to pieces but thats kinda why forums exist and thats how I develop my understanding of things. Also partly in defence of gears 1 which people keep slagging off as a means of praising gears 2!

but yeah enough of that.

gonna try and get a horde game going with forensick, need one more.

Proc

Hmm. I live in Canada, and have a canadian xbox 360 account. I just bough gears 2 and am trying to redeem my code. When I try to download it, it says "this item isn't available in your current location". Any ideas how I would go about downloading the map pack?

Proc said:
Hmm. I live in Canada, and have a canadian xbox 360 account. I just bough gears 2 and am trying to redeem my code. When I try to download it, it says "this item isn't available in your current location". Any ideas how I would go about downloading the map pack?

Don't know if it still works but just make a new profile and make the location in the US. I used to do that to get exclusive Japanese demos.

good games guys.

Gears1 OST on your 360 custom soundtrack is good background music for multi, especially on the classic maps, as I realized tonight.

Lkr

_dementia said:
good games guys.

Gears1 OST on your 360 custom soundtrack is good background music for multi, especially on the classic maps, as I realized tonight.
What? Who were you?:D

from earlier

Third Engine was beasting with the ghost lancer on Blood Drive.

2ds1rua.jpg

6dzr6g.jpg

_dementia said:
from earlier

[IMG][/QUOTE]
I can't believe that happened [B]twice[/B] in the same match. Seriously, how the fuck does this get past testing?

Also, it turns out Pavilion is a great map for Wingman. You'd think teams would camp frags but instead it turned out to be a huge fight over the Mortar. We were in overtime, tied at 15 with another team. Recovery blindfires that fucker and kills four people in one shot. We ended the game with 22 points. :lol

After seeing those pics, I've finally decided to roll with Kim from now on with Kantus being my choice for Locust. After all, he does have the code.

bimet

Uno Ill Nino said:
I need a couple serious players for Horde mode. I've got myself and two other guys that play together regularly. We want to do all 50 waves of Horde on Insane. The goal will be to do something like a couple hours a night until we have made it through all of them. Maybe not every night in a row, but a good bit. We want to get a steady team of 5 that will all know the map, know eachother's strengths, and build on that.

If you are interested, add me. Gamertag: Uno Ill Nino
Oh my god how did I missed this?! This is exactly what I've been wanting to do and no one came forward. The one time I see it show up on GAF and I'm busy playing Fable. Fuuuuuuuuuuuck.gif I think maybe I should try posting when the U.S. crew is browsing.

So how about that Gears, eh? Lots of fun aint it...

Proc

The On Timers said:
Don't know if it still works but just make a new profile and make the location in the US. I used to do that to get exclusive Japanese demos.

hmm worth a shot I guess. I just don't want to lose my code and not be able to use it on my profile. Man this sucks. I just redeemed an xbox live gold card just recently to.

Kweh

Great, my Gears 2 savegame has decided not to load, no error message, it just does nothing when i select to load it.

JB1981

Evonus said:

Move along people, nothing to see here ......

DoomGyver

ThirdEngine said:
I can't believe that happened twice in the same match. Seriously, how the fuck does this get past testing?

Also, it turns out Pavilion is a great map for Wingman. You'd think teams would camp frags but instead it turned out to be a huge fight over the Mortar. We were in overtime, tied at 15 with another team. Recovery blindfires that fucker and kills four people in one shot. We ended the game with 22 points. :lol

After seeing those pics, I've finally decided to roll with Kim from now on with Kantus being my choice for Locust. After all, he does have the code.

I never knew a hip shot of the mortar was so destructive, last night when those 4 people were coming through the mortar spawn it was like shooting fish in a barrel. :lol

And Kim is a good choice, not many people use him so it'll be easy to recognize you.

clav

Need some people to finish Horde with me. Level 36.

Add me and maybe we can get a few games going tonight.

KlavierTekky

F#A#Oo

Banned
Evonus said:
"Yeah, hold down B more, asswipe."

remember when complaining about stuff that you're likely as guilty as whoever you're addressing, lol

This is so true...:lol

I was playing wingman and I spotted the last guy (up to this point I was using shotgun)...saw him approaching me with his lancer and revving...so I thought hey I'll get me lancer out too I want some chainsaw action after all this shot gunning...

So the animation starts and I furiously get on B bashing...I win out and he says to me in the lobby..."Can't you do anything but chainsaw" "Fucking loser and your chainsaw"..."It's people like you that make me hate Gears of War 2"

Loud WTF's were said... I told him to look at the stats for the match...:lol and to remember it was him who approached me with his Lancer. :D

Major help needed in the final act:

I'm playing on the difficulty setting below insane. I am at the part where you need to get on the turret and kill 6 repaers. The problem is that I can't even kill one reaper when it's in the air, the only ones I can kill are the ones that drop to the ground but that sometimes doesn't even happen. What's an easy way to take out the flying reapers?

F#A#Oo

Banned
Ken Masters said:
Major help needed in the final act:

I'm playing on the difficulty setting below insane. I am at the part where you need to get on the turret and kill 6 repaers. The problem is that I can't even kill one reaper when it's in the air, the only ones I can kill are the ones that drop to the ground but that sometimes doesn't even happen. What's an easy way to take out the flying reapers?

Co-Op it...surely there is someone that can give you a hand...? Even for 10 minutes...

Either that or keep re-trying. Gears is like that...you get stuck and frustrated...eventually you'll figure it out either by sheer luck or just focused attention...

F#A#Oo said:
Co-Op it...surely there is someone that can give you a hand...? Even for 10 minutes...

Either that or keep re-trying. Gears is like that...you get stuck and frustrated...eventually you'll figure it out either by sheer luck or just focused attention...

there has to be a better way then that

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Kweh said:
Great, my Gears 2 savegame has decided not to load, no error message, it just does nothing when i select to load it.

If Live is acting up, go back to the lobby, and check that you aren't in a co-op lobby - switch it back to Single Campaign and start it and it'll work again...

_dementia said:
from earlier

http://i36.tinypic.com/2ds1rua.jpg
http://i37.tinypic.com/6dzr6g.jpg

This only happened when there was some lag that showed up briefly and went away - I'd be spectating someone with an invisible gun - don't know if it's those morons that purposely try to lag the match, but it's suspicious that it would show up only for a few seconds and then never again for the rest of the round...

Top Bottom