• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 2 |OT| ...Maria...MARIA!!!

Dax01 said:
Mmmmm. Can't wait, next week is going to be amazing. This + Resistance 2 + only three days of school next week makes me a HAPPY camper! :D
Yeah. I'm an American so I'm excited to know who the President elect will be too.

Tomcat

Kibbles said:
New Gears 2, doesn't look like there is any spoilers yet, but I only finished Part 1 so far.

Part 1 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s0mKetRWK4Q&fmt=18
Part 2 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h3QtcltRtt0&fmt=18

Ok, he hates the tank part and its controls... but I heard it drives like the warthog in Halo? wtf?

[edit] Ok, spoiler in the last 10 seconds of part 2.

I dont agree with his 3 problems with the game

Didnt notice any slowdown at the save points
Problem with using the vehicles? wtf:lol

The section he was using in the video is simple. You dont need to be a rocket scientist to understand what u have to do

The driving is a bit of a problem not because of the controls but i thought it was really long. Its gets boring after a while.

Overall its epic's best game until now and for me easily GOTY

Tomcat

Domino Theory said:
One thing that still worries me about multiplayer is "custom games" (private matches). Is it going to be like Gears 1 where whoever started the private match room is going to be hosting? Or will it be like Halo in which even in customs, it chooses the best host
:p

It chooses the best host like cod4 and halo3

cresto

Tomcat said:
It chooses the best host like cod4 and halo3
FINALLY. that is by far the number one improvement to the MP! I know guys who solely host GoW matches and its just a shooting gallery for them, especially if they pick up any power weapons like the torque bow. I wonder if you'll know who host is, such as an asterisk next to their name.

How do you know that, by the way?

Chinner

Banned
Blueblur1 said:
Wow. The game has an integrated friends list just like Halo 2. Man, I wish Halo 3 had that. I hate dealing with the guide.
You know what it is? Its goddamn beutiful. Thats what it is.

I thought it was really cool how the two maps fade in/out depending on how the party votes. Plus, you can never go wrong with an in-game friends list. :D

I had been embargoing myself from the Launch Trailer but I'm going to watch it and then play some Gears on Live to hype myself for Gears 2:D Can't wait.

Kibbles

Aladuf said:
Bah, we've seen all the new maps I'm actually interested to see the old maps in motion but I guess we probably won't be seeing that before the game is launched.
Yeah :(

Aladuf

Banned
Wizman23 said:
I love the new sound of the Lancer. It packs so much punch.
For some reason that is the thing I'm most anticipating when I fire up Gears 2 next week. I just want to hear the pop of the new lancer first and foremost. *shrugs*

TDG

Banned
Blueblur1 said:
Wow. The game has an integrated friends list just like Halo 2. Man, I wish Halo 3 had that. I hate dealing with the guide.
Holy shit: that's awesome. This is going to be my new go-to multiplayer game.

Dirtbag

TDG said:
Holy shit: that's awesome. This is going to be my new go-to multiplayer game.

You know, that's a really good feature that never gets brought up and is due it's props whenever implemented. Of course we are about to get an all new guide, and hopefully it runs just as fast or faster.

After watching all the Gears 2 footage and trailers and seeing how much smoother Gears 2 runs, and how much smoother the weapons look...No bullet lag and all...It's really hard to go back and play the original Gears. And I'm a huge fan who played it forever. Still do once in a while. Needless to say I can't wait for Gears 2 to get here.

Aladuf

Banned
ToyMachine228 said:
After watching all the Gears 2 footage and trailers and seeing how much smoother Gears 2 runs, and how much smoother the weapons look...No bullet lag and all...It's really hard to go back and play the original Gears. And I'm a huge fan who played it forever. Still do once in a while. Needless to say I can't wait for Gears 2 to get here.
And that is the exact reason why the GAF matches have come to a screeching halt in the past week. Most of us can't play the game anymore after being fed these videos all the time now. I played the game for 2 non-stop years pretty much but I've hung up the boots on it. However I do plan to give it one last play next Thursday before I head to Gamestop to pick up my preorder at midnight.

Blueblur1

Dirtbag said:
You know, that's a really good feature that never gets brought up and is due it's props whenever implemented. Of course we are about to get an all new guide, and hopefully it runs just as fast or faster.
I thought about that, too. Regardless, its a cleaner interface that gels with the game experience. I hate popping open the guide or friends list in H3 because it overcomes the screen and is so clunky with the added Halo 3 options. An integrated software friends list could be so much better.

At least with the new dashboard, its less of a hassle.

cresto

Aladuf said:
Gears of War 2: Locust in the Mist

Just saw this write up on IGN, I haven't read it yet but it seems that they're talking about the Locusts and maybe getting into some of the new Locusts.
I just finished reading this. Actually somewhat interesting. Nate was leading on to some very interesting events to come up during the single player that might actually get me all the way through (i rarely finish SP games :/ )

Aladuf

Banned
Domino Theory said:
Is it just me or did anyone else notice the Locust Grenadier that had the Skorge's helmet piece @ 1:53?
The one that got curbstomped? I didn't notice the headpiece.

Also, watching that video again and seeing all the Lancers was nice. Barely a shotty in site.

So where's Kudo Tsunoda during this time of pre-release hype?

There was quite a bit of talk when it became public that he was the general manager for the Gears franchise at MGS, and yet I haven't seen him do any press in a long time.

Mohonky

So, can we search by region or at least see the quality of the ping before entering a room? Or do us Australian's need to room hop for an hour before giving up and throwing the controller out the window?

I've been playing Call of Duty 5 BETA and the search options of 'local only' is a fucking god send. It should be made mandatory in all games.

Mohonky said:
So, can we search by region or at least see the quality of the ping before entering a room? Or do us Australian's need to room hop for an hour before giving up and throwing the controller out the window?

I've been playing Call of Duty 5 BETA and the search options of 'local only' is a fucking god send. It should be made mandatory in all games.
I'm pretty sure there are no more rooms. It's matchmaking this time.

Top Bottom