• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 2 |OT| ...Maria...MARIA!!!

Aladuf

Banned
Mark V said:
Easy to decision: come to CityWalk. A launch like this only comes once a year, if that. You can get the game anywhere, but you can only be part of the biggest launch experience at CityWalk. Think about it:

*There will be hundreds of fellow Gears fans to experience all the hype with
*Gears swag
*meet Cliff, get your stuff signed
*see the voice actors (who knows what they'll do? if John DiMaggio at ComicCon was any indication...funny stuff!)
*Hammerburst code (can't get it anywhere else besides midnight launches)
*be part of something special

Yes parking at CityWalk is a pain, so organize a GAF carpool to save on gas/parking. :D
I'm about to fly my ass over to California for all that
:p
. I would be so stoked to get Gears stuff signed by Cliff and crew.

Aladuf said:
I'm about to fly my ass down to Florida for all that
:p
. I would be so stoked to get Gears stuff signed by Cliff and crew.

Los Angeles: GameStop at Universal City Walk, 1000 Universal Studios Blvd, Universal City, CA 91608
Xbox LIVE’s Major Nelson will MC the event, which will feature special appearances and autograph signings by Cliff Bleszinski of Epic Games. “Gears of War 2” voice actors including John DiMaggio (Marcus Fenix), Lester “Rasta” Speight (Augustus Cole) and Carlos Ferro (Dominic Santiago) will also be in attendance. Additionally, fans will have the unique opportunity to mug with a real life “Delta Squad” – costumed characters from Nightmare Armor Studios will be patrolling the GameStop, and tons of free “Gears of War 2” merchandise will be given away throughout the evening.
Please note that lineups will not begin before 11 a.m. PST.

And to think I was almost lucky to be a Floridian. *kicks a can*

Oh and to add insult to insult I can't even attend a midnight launch because I've got to work on Friday morning.

Son of a fuck.

Actually who cares? All of the midnight launches I've been to were jinxed anyway. GTA4, Halo 3, Brawl. Do I play any of those games anymore? Hell no.

Aladuf

Banned
:lol Well it seems that I just gave a few randoms on XBL a crash course on playing against someone who actually uses a Lancer. 10 rounds on Gridlock/Warzone and I racked up a quick 24 kills.

I didn't use the shotty once since I was trying to do a little more Gears 2 prep for myself.. they just didn't know what to do to avoid it. Eventually they all started using Lancers because they we're trying to keep up with me but they couldn't pull anything off. Poor fuckers, Gears 2 might be a little hard on them at first. ;)

ohh yeah it feels good to stroke that e-peen

Gig

One man's junk is another man's treasure
Aladuf said:
:lol Well it seems that I just gave a few randoms on XBL a crash course on playing against someone who actually uses a Lancer. 10 rounds on Gridlock/Execution and I racked up a quick 24 kills.

I didn't use the shotty once since I was trying to do a little more Gears 2 prep for myself.. they just didn't know what to do to avoid it. Eventually they all started using Lancers because they we're trying to keep up with me but they couldn't pull anything off. Poor fuckers, Gears 2 might be a little hard on them at first. ;)

ohh yeah it feels good to stroke that e-peen

Total obliteration....................................acceptable.

tuco11

Oh well, no splitscreen multilayer for horde offline.

"IGN: Sadly Gears of War 2 is limited to two-players for all split-screen modes. Horde mode does not support split-screen at all.

tuco11 said:
Oh well, no splitscreen multilayer for horde offline.

"IGN: Sadly Gears of War 2 is limited to two-players for all split-screen modes. Horde mode does not support split-screen at all.
Don't know where he got that info, but Horde mode is available for split-screen. Search on YouTube...not sure if I can post the link or not.

cresto

if i didn't have rugby thursday night and class friday morning, i would so fucking be at city walk. cliff is a well, interesting guy (put nicely) and its good to see a dev so intensely excited about his own creation.

i mean, the amount of interviews he does it absolutely astonishing and he is just as excited when talking about gears 2 from the first to the last. good for him..

Aladuf

Banned
Just noticed on Gametrailers that they have a launch center going for Gears 2 also, seems like their review will go up at around 9 am EST on Tuesday.

And also, it seems they really dug into the Gears of War archives to find the picture of Marcus that they're using in the background. There was nothing more recent? :lol

http://www.gametrailers.com/gears2launch.php

Aladuf said:
Just noticed on Gametrailers that they have a launch center going for Gears 2 also, seems like their review will go up at around 9 am EST on Tuesday.

And also, it seems they really dug into the Gears of War archives to find the picture of Marcus that they're using in the background. There was nothing more recent? :lol

http://www.gametrailers.com/gears2launch.php
Reminds me of his original voice...I can't remember that dude's name, though. Also takes me back to when Epic displayed that Chap's Gas Station demo back in '05 when the game had much more of a horror feel to it, and the cover system had different postions Marcus used instead of the ones we know today.

JimiNutz

Banned
OK with Gears 2 launching in under a weeks time it's probably time to start populating my friends list with Gaffers.
I'm in the UK and while I really enjoy the novelty of playing with Americans/Canadians/Australians etc. because of time zone differences and bullet lag I'd like to populate my friends list with as many Brits and Europeans as possible (although I'll still add you even if you're not.)

Realistically I will mostly be playing over the weekends because I'm usually really busy or tired after work during weekdays. I'm also a fairly average player, certainly not a n00b, but not the sort of guy that plays 24/7. Just looking for some cool guys that use teamwork and are laid back/chill.

GT = NutJobJim

Gig

One man's junk is another man's treasure
Been watching some videos lately and the curb stomp animation looks so much better in Gears of War 2. Flipping people over, better camera angles, and actually stomping guys in the head instead of the legs, arms, or torso make it much more visceral.

Lkr

Will Best Buy carry the collectors edition? The guy at my store told me that it wasn't in the system

Aladuf

Banned
Lkr said:
Will Best Buy carry the collectors edition? The guy at my store told me that it wasn't in the system
I thought I read somewhere the the LE copies are selling out of preorders or something? I'm not sure, but if that is the case I'm sure they'll have them some time.

Lkr

Aladuf said:
I thought I read somewhere the the LE copies are selling out of preorders or something? I'm not sure, but if that is the case I'm sure they'll have them some time.
My Best Buy isn't taking pre-orders yet, so I'm not sure

sykoex

Lost all credibility.
I don't know how MS does it. It seems like every new IP they create instantly becomes an epic franchise.

Aladuf

Banned
PetriP-TNT said:
Well, of course it's an Epic franchise. It's made by Epic Games you know.
Lolwutnotxt.jpg

Aladuf

Banned
Just caught this over on the Epic forums, at about 2:40 in 3 guys get a triple chainsaw on a Skorge. *drools*

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YViP40ZQAWk&fmt=18

edit: as for the videos' content, there are no spoilers it's just Horde footage on Security.

sykoex said:
Seriously though. I wish I knew what it felt like to basically own the PS2 of this gen. I just have a PS3 right now.
You're missing some good exclusives but imo PS3 exclusives are the best this gen (except for Gears, best game this gen). I luh my PS3 to death.

(bolded imo to shoo away console warz :p
for great justice
)

cresto

I don't get whats up with those awful awful awful flames that pop up if someone gets you with the scorcher....It looks so fucking tacky.

Shins

Banned
I could care less. Irregardless of your provocative, I will braid my deadlocks while skirting your turrents.

fuuuuuck.gif

Seems like just yesterday I was like, "If I could just get through next week" and now its Saturday night :D.

I love what I see from Pavilion. Nice lighting and a nice change of scenery from the usual destroyed settings we see.

Top Bottom