• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 2 |OT| ...Maria...MARIA!!!

Tomcat

MicVlaD said:
Worst alteration ever.

Execution with 5 second downtimes is Execution catered to people whom lack any form of patience. I hope this never becomes a default setting.

Oh, and Mortars shouldn't be removed either. They're not that hard to avoid unless you're stuck in a laggy session...

Execution with 5 sec is the real deal. Now its just like a warzone type of game with the ability sometime to get up:D

And a weapon like the mortar is not for gears of war. If we were playing Battlefield of GoW maybe ok then :lol

cresto

Zezboob said:
Just shut the fuck of.
You don't have laggy match ? You are most of the time host ? Good for you.

I don't wait a massacre to quit.
Beginning of the match -> shooting to the wall -> late response -> quit
...................................................................-> slightly late response -> let's try for the fun, chainsaw noob power
...................................................................-> quick response -> fun
you're part of the problem then you horrible ass hole. considering how poor your english is it must mean you are a european and thats just fine. maybe you shouldn't play the game because you cant seem to handle some lag. i played with 4 polish guys last night who were all ranked within the top 500 for warzone. how do you suppoes they did that? hmmmm, guess they just played the game and got good.

try that instead of just shooting a fucking wall

Arnie

ergo said:
you're part of the problem then you horrible ass hole. considering how poor your english is it must mean you are a european and thats just fine. maybe you shouldn't play the game because you cant seem to handle some lag. i played with 4 polish guys last night who were all ranked within the top 500 for warzone. how do you suppoes they did that? hmmmm, guess they just played the game and got good.try that instead of just shooting a fucking wall

Junior, I am European, from the UK to be exact and I can speak better English than you. He is not part of the problem, the game's netcode is the problem. It is too inconsistent, constantly laggy and rarely decent. Me and all of my English friends have problems finding decent games after a certain time. This makes us frustrated and begins to make us think whether EPIC really did test their netcode before shipping the game. IMO they have two solutions,
1) The hard option : Give us dedicated servers. As a shooter the game needs to let me fire when I press the RT. Not a second or even half a second after. Besides it's not like the UT3 ones are being hammered.

2) The easy way out) At least allow us to filter our game searches and select a reasonable connection for our match.

CliffyB said:
I assure everyone in this thread that we care VERY much about issues with our products. I can't go into detail here (not the right place to do so) but we ARE working on fixes and tweaks and I'm still reading this thread and other forums on a daily basis and hearing all of the feedback.

Thanks for your understanding and patience.

thanks CliffyB. This is also why I love Neogaf.

Zezboob

ergo said:
you're part of the problem then you horrible ass hole. considering how poor your english is it must mean you are a european and thats just fine. maybe you shouldn't play the game because you cant seem to handle some lag. i played with 4 polish guys last night who were all ranked within the top 500 for warzone. how do you suppoes they did that? hmmmm, guess they just played the game and got good.

Yeah, of course now my skills are the problem :lol

I really have no problem with my kill ratio or my victory ratio (when it's laggy, chainsaw noob power, like I would loose my time on a laggy shotgun duel when the opponent doesn't have a clue how to deal with a chainsaw :lol).
Too bad for you, I started to quit lagfest match only recently, so keep your advice before barking.
And I have absolutely no problem on other games.

By the way, I will teach you something, the rank you're talking about is based on the points earned during the matches, it only gives an idea of the time a guy played, not if he's good or not.

But I will not loose more time with you, to see how you make fun of my poor english (I bet you probably hardly speak more than 2 languages) I deduce that you are just plain retarded and not worth of my time.

_dementia said:
grz: srs bsnss
I don't want Epic to overlook a big problem only because some idiots think that they are the center of the world. Netcode and impossibility to search match from the same continent are big issues, period.

LJ11

So I'm soloing Act 4 on Insane, get to the end of the Act, a cutscene triggers, and I keep getting an Objective Failed screen. Am I screwed, or does restarting the chapter correct the problem?

Tomcat said:
Execution with 5 sec is the real deal. Now its just like a warzone type of game with the ability sometime to get up:D

And a weapon like the mortar is not for gears of war. If we were playing Battlefield of GoW maybe ok then :lol
On the contrary. It completely defeats the purpose of the match type (which is to EXECUTE DOWNED PLAYERS). Why bother shooting at people from a distance when they'll get up anyway as soon as you run to them? And how is the Mortar not for Gears of War? Does it not have a weapon that allows you to shoot with a satellite?

Either way, I hate Execution Lite.

Snowden

Banned
ergo said:

You're a fucking idiot.

CliffyB said:
I assure everyone in this thread that we care VERY much about issues with our products. I can't go into detail here (not the right place to do so) but we ARE working on fixes and tweaks and I'm still reading this thread and other forums on a daily basis and hearing all of the feedback.

Appreciate it that you told us you are working on things.

pr0cs

Finished Horde mode last night, myself and a friend all 50 levels.
We started it on casual and he started giving me shit like "you pussy, this is going to be fucking boring on casual". Until we hit level 40 where he's like "this is impossible, they come too many, too fast, you can't do this with 2 people".

After much teeth gnashing we did it.

Does horde mode change when you have more people?

pr0cs said:
Finished Horde mode last night, myself and a friend all 50 levels.
We started it on casual and he started giving me shit like "you pussy, this is going to be fucking boring on casual". Until we hit level 40 where he's like "this is impossible, they come too many, too fast, you can't do this with 2 people".

After much teeth gnashing we did it.

Does horde mode change when you have more people?
Horde mode does not scale.

CliffyB said:

Great. I think most people were expecting this anyway, but still, it's a great relief to actually hear something "official", thanks for sharing with us.

Tomcat said:
Nice to hear that :)

My suggestions:

Region filtering is a must for public games
Implement a Ping meter
Custom cycle on private matches. No longer we should go back in the lobby to restart the game
Real private games (invite only)
Ability to lock the teams and a ready function for private games
Fix the shotgun blindfiring
The chainsaw should drop like in gears 1
frag grenades should not be able to tag them on walls or increase the time between the sound and the detonation
When you are dead your grenades should disappear
More time between the spawn times for grenades and other power weapons
Remove the ability to drop down people with the smoke grenades or at least decrease their radius
Remove the mortar from public games
I only disagree with the mortar one. I love the mortar - it makes games more frenzied.
Also, I can't help but laugh whenever I'm killed by a mortar.

There has to be a region filter more than anything else.

In gears 1 I would shoot my gun at the wall or floor to see how long lag was, then try to time my shots with that delay added on.

I would miss my opponent 80% of the time :lol and living in the uk I would put up with half a second lag on my shotgun more then often enough, it is real annoying.

Alright, so I got a couple 360's for the night and 3 people wanting to play Gears of war 2 Co-op. Can you play 3 player offline co-op or online with 3 people local with more than one 360? What do I need? 2 copies of the game, 2 xboxs, system linked, live? Thanks

LOTS of angry people in here over the lag issue.

I'm sick of it frankly. More than half of my versus matches have had it. I'm just sticking with horde and campaign.

Aladuf

Banned
Man, the invisible Boomshield/use any weapon with it glitch fucking cripples Wingman. That glitch has been whored on an off tonight during our matches. :/

Gig

One man's junk is another man's treasure
Grimm Fandango said:
LOTS of angry people in here over the lag issue.

I'm sick of it frankly. More than half of my versus matches have had it. I'm just sticking with horde and campaign.

Ehhhhh, Horde is pretty laggy as well.

DongHungLong said:
Alright, so I got a couple 360's for the night and 3 people wanting to play Gears of war 2 Co-op. Can you play 3 player offline co-op or online with 3 people local with more than one 360? What do I need? 2 copies of the game, 2 xboxs, system linked, live? Thanks

Anyone can answer this please? We are going to try to get it going tonight so I kinda need to know :).

Gig

Brakara said:
I've played tons of public Horde and have had one or maybe two laggy sessions. So, no.

I've a played shitload too and have experienced lag in quite a few matches of Horde.

Brakara

Dong, I think this is correct:

Gears support 2-player split-screen, and both can play online, except for Public matches. Although if both players have XBL Gold, then both can play Public. If not, you're restricted to system linked or private matches. Note that private matches require that one (of the two) has Gold.

You need one copy of the game for each 360 you use (at the same time).

acm2000

im working through SP on insane, grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, im on the platform going to the palace, and god damn those reavers!

Brakara said:
Dong, I think this is correct:

Gears support 2-player split-screen, and both can play online, except for Public matches. Although if both players have XBL Gold, then both can play Public. If not, you're restricted to system linked or private matches. Note that private matches require that one (of the two) has Gold.

You need one copy of the game for each 360 you use (at the same time).

Aww damn so no 3 player coop at all? We have 2 xboxs, 1 copy of the game, and 1 live account right now. Another copy of game is easy to get to tho. Not sure about another live account.

Brakara

DongHungLong said:
Aww damn so no 3 player coop at all? We have 2 xboxs, 1 copy of the game, and 1 live account right now. Another copy of game is easy to get to tho. Not sure about another live account.

With another copy you could be able to play system linked though. It's also easy to create new Live accounts (and every new copy of Gears 2 comes with a 48-hour Gold code). You only need private matches if you want to play with other people over XBL, so if that's not a requirement, then stick to system link.

As for co-op, the main campaign only supports 2-player co-op, while the Horde mode supports 5-player co-op. But you can also play versus matches with and against bots.

Brakara said:
With another copy you could be able to play system linked though. It's also easy to create new Live accounts (and every new copy of Gears 2 comes with a 48-hour Gold code). You only need private matches if you want to play with other people over XBL, so if that's not a requirement, then stick to system link.

As for co-op, the main campaign only supports 2-player co-op, while the Horde mode supports 5-player co-op.

What exactly is horde mode? With 2 xboxs linked could we do 3 player local horde mode?

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
I am greatly disappointed with how this game has pretty much fallen off my Friends list. I rarely see people playing it anymore. Fallout 3 and CoD: WaW seems to be getting all the attention (which is fine) but I am now wishing I would have bought COD instead of Gears 2 just so I can play with friends. :(

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
DenogginizerOS said:
I am greatly disappointed with how this game has pretty much fallen off my Friends list. I rarely see people playing it anymore. Fallout 3 and CoD: WaW seems to be getting all the attention (which is fine) but I am now wishing I would have bought COD instead of Gears 2 just so I can play with friends. :(

I'll play some with ya!

armedcatfish

^gt

jmdajr

I was all happy when I got to wave 26 on Horde.... and then the Host quit.... and it didn't keep any of my stats!

I have only started playing Horde this week but yeah, now I see why so many people have complaints.

help us cliff!

Gig

jmdajr said:
I was all happy when I got to wave 26 on Horde.... and then the Host quit.... and it didn't keep any of my stats!

I have only started playing Horde this week but yeah, now I see why so many people have complaints.

help us cliff!

Just wait until you get Cyclopsed left and right.

Mohonky

ergo said:
considering how poor your english is it must mean you are a european

:lol :lol

Oh man I've heard some dumb shit from people over XBL in my time but this shit is right up there.

cresto

Zezboob said:
Yeah, of course now my skills are the problem :lol

I really have no problem with my kill ratio or my victory ratio (when it's laggy, chainsaw noob power, like I would loose my time on a laggy shotgun duel when the opponent doesn't have a clue how to deal with a chainsaw :lol).
Too bad for you, I started to quit lagfest match only recently, so keep your advice before barking.
And I have absolutely no problem on other games.

By the way, I will teach you something, the rank you're talking about is based on the points earned during the matches, it only gives an idea of the time a guy played, not if he's good or not.

But I will not loose more time with you, to see how you make fun of my poor english (I bet you probably hardly speak more than 2 languages) I deduce that you are just plain retarded and not worth of my time.

I don't want Epic to overlook a big problem only because some idiots think that they are the center of the world. Netcode and impossibility to search match from the same continent are big issues, period.
Yeah I am honored you spent so much time typing shit about me, thanks. Much obliged.

What I was getting at about those polish players is they are able to stick it out, maybe YOU can TOO. What a concept? We all have to deal with it, so deal.

I'd love to see dedicated servers but I don't think that is ever going to happen. Correct me if I am wrong, but UT3 and Gear was developed by a serperate team. Maybe the dev's who made UT3 should go over to the gear coders and show them how its done.

I think the bot idea would be perfect, they are in the damn game for a reason (other than horde) so use them!

If anyone actually uses strategy and boomshields in horde mode and is up for getting high scores and stuff send me a friend request and let me know your from neogaf.

GT: AnnihiIator ( thats a capital "i" not a lower case "L" )

Aladuf

Banned
I was just kinda thinking how easily you can lose track of the time in this game.. me and Third started playing at 8:30 last night and then before ya know it, we were signing off at 2 am and it didn't seem like that amount of time had passed at all. I'm falling back into love with Gears 2 because of Wingman, it's the most "Gears 1" feeling gametype out there because there's just so many people all trying to fuck each other up at once. :D

cresto

Aladuf said:
I was just kinda thinking how easily you can lose track of the time in this game.. me and Third started playing at 8:30 last night and then before ya know it, we were signing off at 2 am and it didn't seem like that amount of time had passed at all. I'm falling back into love with Gears 2 because of Wingman, it's the most "Gears 1" feeling gametype out there because there's just so many people all trying to fuck each other up at once. :D
boomshield glitch fix? because i wont touch wingman without that gone

Aladuf

Banned
ergo said:
boomshield glitch fix? because i wont touch wingman without that gone
It sucks and it's still there but not nearly every map has a boomshield on it so we just tend to vote for the ones without it. But like I said in here last night, the boomshiled glitch can destroy a Wingman match.

cresto

Aladuf said:
It sucks and it's still there but not nearly every map has a boomshield on it so we just tend to vote for the ones without it. But like I said in here last night, the boomshiled glitch can destroy a Wingman match.
yeah i understand. it'd be a nice xmas gift for epic to release a sweet patch!

i have the same problem (not really problematic) about losing track of time. i feel that way anytime i party up with friends. you get a group of 5 guys and you just fail to realize that 3 hours have gone by since matches are usually 20+ minutes. good stuff, thats why gears > most out there

Stantron

Brizzo24 said:
I'm currently at 9/11 (that's nine out of 11) for the unique kill achievement. My question: is there something that tracks your progress so you know which ones you have left to do? The latest one i obtained is
stabbing a bleeding-out enemy with the shield.

Meatsnap - A, then X
Curbstomp - Any weapon + X

Rude Awakening - Lancer + B
Shotgun Golf - Shotgun + B
Sniper Head Thunk - Sniper Rifle + B
Torque Nudge - Torque Bow + B

Triple Punch C-C-Combo - Any non-execution weapon (shotgun) + Y
Snixecution - Sniper Rifle + Y
Torquapitation - Torque Bow + Y
Pistolwhip Deluxe - Boltok Pistol + Y
Boomshield Headache - Boomshield + Y

I jumped on for some multiplayer last night and had a blast. Is there any general Noob stuff I should be
aware of? I dont want to get on a team and piss everyone off cause I am doing something wrong.

Snowden

Banned
ergo said:
Yeah I am honored you spent so much time typing shit about me, thanks. Much obliged.

What I was getting at about those polish players is they are able to stick it out, maybe YOU can TOO. What a concept? We all have to deal with it, so deal.
Hey look, you're still a fucking idiot.

Zezboob

ergo said:
Don't say "we all". I am pretty sure that you have no idea of the average lag that an european player can see on a match. Sometimes it's like all opponent players are the host. Sometimes it's simply unplayable.
Don't tell me that I have to deal with it, like I said, I already dealt with it enough.

ergo said:
I'd love to see dedicated servers but I don't think that is ever going to happen. Correct me if I am wrong, but UT3 and Gear was developed by a serperate team. Maybe the dev's who made UT3 should go over to the gear coders and show them how its done.
Servers comes from the editor, blame MS for it.
Don't compare Gears and UT, UT runs on dedicated servers. Gears team must not copy the UT team, they definitely need to implement client side hit detection instead. It will not be perfect, but it will be clearly be more fair.

And by the way, you can have lag on dedicated servers. On UT3 europeans have lag when playing on US servers, same for US players on europeans ones. Maybe because UT servers are weak though.
It's not like it is the prefect solution too.

whitehawk

Banned
Black_Ice said:
Triple post, IDGAF.

------Ideas------

http://forums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=632395

THis guy is a fucking genius and Epic should hire him and put his shit to work.

Just his patch ideas are amazing and have a lot of thought put into them.

(From post #7, Free patch DLC)

**** Even Mark Rein responded to this end game idea.

Deserves a clap. This isn't even touching on his ideas for his Pendulum Wars DLC.
HOLY SHIT. Just read the thread, he put a shit load of effort into that.

CliffyB, hire this man!!

draven

Jesus Christ, I have had it with multiplayer. To match up to a team after 10 minutes, only to end up in a team of two against five, or a full team with a person eventually dropping out, or a completely unbalanced team rankwise, has left me disgusted.

As an avid GoW 1 multiplayer fan, I am just sick of the piss-poor job done by Epic. It seems as if Horde mode is the only consistent online experience, but since I am at 1 chevron due to waiting 10 minutes between matches, I constantly get teamed up with mouthbreathers to whom I have to explain the function of the shield and the basics of ammo collection between waves.

I give up on competitive multiplayer, and am just amazed at how a love for the original iteration can be completely turned to disgust with a sequel.

If anyone would like to play Horde, please feel free to add me:

CidDelNorte

WTFing

Banned
Just a question!
I remember when I was playing Gears, at the beginning of each game people were yelling "WHO'S THE HOST? WHO'S THE HOST?"
Is it still the norm? Can I decimate everyone if I am the HOST? Thanks.

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
Bugnology said:
Just a question!
I remember when I was playing Gears, at the beginning of each game people were yelling "WHO'S THE HOST? WHO'S THE HOST?"
Is it still the norm? Can I decimate everyone if I am the HOST? Thanks.

Yeah.

Top Bottom