• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 2 |OT| ...Maria...MARIA!!!

Soul4ger

I just finished the game. Loved it, but, uh..

What the hell is the story about? I'm guessing the Locusts tricked the humans into sinking Jacinto. But what was with that laboratory, with the sires? Did they ever reveal anything about that? I'm assuming Dizzy is dead, since they got Tai and he killed himself. But they never talked about that... And were the people in the lab the ones who "awakened" the locusts under that mountain? And what's up with the Lambest, or whatever they're called...

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
Domino Theory said:
Scratch the hyperbole I posted in the last page. The news is just some Maps for DLC (completely from left field, amirite?) that's going up tonight at 12am PST/3am EST.

I'm ashamed of myself for falling into Geoff's garbage hype.

"We want more of your money before we fix the game, kthx."

That was just a rehearsal. I believe there could be more than just a map pack announced.

DoomGyver

I'm sorry, but I'm not buying any DLC until the game breaking issues are fixed. (Unless we get a good # of people together for some private matches)

Brakara

Black_Ice said:
That was just a rehearsal. I believe there could be more than just a map pack announced.

It has to be. Otherwise, Geoff must've been lying his ass off on Major Nelson's podcast (listened to it earlier today). Why would they just announce a fucking map pack on the show?

Having said that, I'm still interested if they've been tuned for Horde.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
Brakara said:
It has to be. Otherwise, Geoff must've been lying his ass off on Major Nelson's podcast (listened to it earlier today). Why would they just announce a fucking map pack on the show?

Having said that, I'm still interested if they've been tuned for Horde.

Right. They wouldn't announce just a map pack tonight.

Aladuf

Banned
Domino Theory said:
Scratch the hyperbole I posted in the last page. The news is just some Maps for DLC (completely from left field, amirite?) that's going up tonight at 12am PST/3am EST.

I'm ashamed of myself for falling into Geoff's garbage hype.

"We want more of your money before we fix the game, kthx."
Wait, so we're getting a map pack already tonight?

Fuck the issues, we know they're fixing them. I will buy these maps tonight. :D

VegaShinra

If the maps are free I'll get them. The game is too broken for me to spend money on new maps. Plus, I don't really like the new maps to begin with. Rather play on all the old maps than most of the new ones.

VegaShinra said:
If the maps are free I'll get them. The game is too broken for me to spend money on new maps. Plus, I don't really like the new maps to begin with. Rather play on all the old maps than most of the new ones.

If Epic releases a new patch to fix a lot of the problems, AND free maps around the same time I think you'll see a lot of players come back to Gears 2.

Aladuf

Banned
ToyMachine228 said:
If Epic releases a new patch to fix a lot of the problems, AND free maps around the same time I think you'll see a lot of players come back to Gears 2.
I was thinking that too, if they got a patch out tonight too... *dies*

That shit would be epic.
pun fully intended

ThirdEngine said:
I'll be spending 800 MS points tonight.

Cliff, make us all shit ourselves at the same time by announcing that Fuel Depot and War Machine are two of the maps available for download.
Oh shit, I never thought about that. Gears 1 maps incoming?! :D

Cliff, make us all shit ourselves at the same time by announcing that Fuel Depot and War Machine are two of the maps available for download.

VegaShinra

ToyMachine228 said:
That's a pretty big if, though. I want that to happen and wish it would happen. I don't expect that to happen and until the game is patched to fix most of the problems, I won't be buying any new maps or playing the game much. I only play with friends and can't stand playing public matches because of lag and the dominance of the chainsaw.

ThirdEngine said:

War Machine should have been in the initial pack. Who plays at Tyro Station? War Machine and Mausoleum should have been in the Flashback Pack. Mausoleum is perfect size for 5 players.

VegaShinra said:
That's a pretty big if, though. I want that to happen and wish it would happen. I don't expect that to happen and until the game is patched to fix most of the problems, I won't be buying any new maps or playing the game much. I only play with friends and can't stand playing public matches because of lag and the dominance of the chainsaw.
GAF matches would be your solution, but it seems like most people have moved on to other games until a patch comes out. We haven't had them in quite a long time.

Aladuf

Banned
ThirdEngine said:
GAF matches would be your solution, but it seems like most people have moved on to other games until a patch comes out. We haven't had them in quite a long time.
That's ok, Public Wingman ftw.

GAF matches were good times though.

clashfan

Soul4ger said:
I just finished the game. Loved it, but, uh..

What the hell is the story about? I'm guessing the Locusts tricked the humans into sinking Jacinto. But what was with that laboratory, with the sires? Did they ever reveal anything about that? I'm assuming Dizzy is dead, since they got Tai and he killed himself. But they never talked about that... And were the people in the lab the ones who "awakened" the locusts under that mountain? And what's up with the Lambest, or whatever they're called...

Plot also left me confused...

Why does the Locus queen look human?

ThirdEngine said:

I'd love to see Escalation come back. One of my favorite Gears maps.

Mohonky

Dear Cliff. B

If you are keeping an eye on this thread as you earlier mentioned, please get someone to add a local search filter or at least let us see our connection quality from a list of possible servers as of now, I still haven't played a single game where I haven't been up shit creek without a paddle because of lag.

Thank you.

PS. If this is too much to ask, please go fuck yourself because I'm tired of putting up with this shit (and paying for it too).

Flunkie

Banned
So, like, is DLC confirmed for tonight, or is that just a rumor?

I would freaking hope they'd release a patch before they even think about releasing DLC.

Aladuf

Banned
Fuel Station looks good as hell. And the fact that in the opening video after they showed the maps they said "Gears of War 2 surprise" makes me wonder if there will be more to see?

DoomGyver

Flunkie said:
So, like, is DLC confirmed for tonight, or is that just a rumor?

I would freaking hope they'd release a patch before they even think about releasing DLC.

Comes out tonight at 3am EST, they didn't say a price.

edit:
Duf are you staying up for it?

:lol at paying for maps before they fix the game

fix the fucking glitches first and add a local only matchmaking search like in call of duty then maybe i'll considering getting them.

Shins

Banned
If Fuel Station is a reimagining of Fuel Depot, that's neat. The other two looked pretty gray. They need to have a map based off the architecture and color palette of Act 5 Jacinto.

Shins said:
If Fuel Station is a reimagining of Fuel Depot, that's neat. The other two looked pretty gray. They need to have a map based off the architecture and color palette of Act 5 Jacinto.
I was hoping for a map set in that setting. Would be all kinds of awesome.

kaizoku

I'm not as deluded as I make myself out to be
lets face it all original gears maps were kickass, I even enjoyed rooftop, more than the dlc raven down and subway at least.

clocktower, war machine, escalation, mausoleum... wonder which ones were removed cos of the increase in players.

Shins

Banned
palmas.jpg

F#A#Oo

Banned
DLC before a patch?:lol

If there is no patch...I will be real disappointed as much as I'm all for DLC and supporting developers...Epic need to get their priorities right. Patch>>>DLC.

F#A#Oo said:
DLC before a patch?:lol

If there is no patch...I will be real disappointed as much as I'm all for DLC and supporting developers...Epic need to get their priorities right. Patch>>>DLC.

Seriously. It's like they want us to focus on something else, free or not.

Domino Theory said:
It's free? Fuel Depot coming back? What? VGAs don't start until 9pm for me. :(

Good stuff, Epic. Provin' me wrong, again. :p
No Fuel Depot. The new map is called Fuel Station.

Part of the map looks like the Chap's section of Act II from Gears 1. At least for me.

F#A#Oo

Banned
ThirdEngine said:
No Fuel Depot. The new map is called Fuel Station.

Part of the map looks like the Chap's section of Act II from Gears 1. At least for me.

How do you know what it looks like?

Dosia

Over on the EPIC forums people are saying the 3 new maps will cost 800 points. Normally I would be hyped, but there is no way i purchase those maps until a patch that actually fixes shit is released.

Zezboob

Even with a patch I wouldn't buy these maps 800pts.

God, there is a PC version map ! They can't charge 800 pts for it.

Only Bungie can. Love, Bungie.

Dosia said:
Over on the EPIC forums people are saying the 3 new maps will cost 800 points. Normally I would be hyped, but there is no way i purchase those maps until a patch that actually fixes shit is released.

People should boycott it until the patch is released IMO.

Aladuf

Banned
Dosia said:
What the fuck do they know? They haven't seen or heard any more than us unless some mod or admin posted it.

Dosia

Aladuf said:
What the fuck do they know? They haven't seen or heard any more than us unless some mod or admin posted it.

Well it is in a thread title, and I would assume that if a mod saw incorrect information he would either edit or close the thread. I will be pleasantly surprised if it is free.

Top Bottom