• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 2 |OT| ...Maria...MARIA!!!

bumpkin said:
Either nerf the gnasher or up the power of weapons like the lancer... Getting blown into a pile of f'ing chum despite gunning down the a-hole rushing me was only funny the first three or four times. Now it's just monotonous and annoying. When I see someone coming at me with their gnasher drawn, I more or less get ready for the inevitable down and/or death.
You're acting like Epic is at fault for this. If you're carving into him and he's still charging, just pull out the shotty and finish him off since he already should have a good amount of health taken away. Also, you can't just be using a Lancer while people are semi-close - stopping power is useless because they're already in shotty range.

Yes, a lot of things are bullshit right now, but there are still ways to counter most things in the game.

Tomcat

CliffyB said:
I assure everyone in this thread that we care VERY much about issues with our products. I can't go into detail here (not the right place to do so) but we ARE working on fixes and tweaks and I'm still reading this thread and other forums on a daily basis and hearing all of the feedback.

Thanks for your understanding and patience.

Nice to hear that :)

My suggestions:

Region filtering is a must for public games
Implement a Ping meter
Custom cycle on private matches. No longer we should go back in the lobby to restart the game
Real private games (invite only)
Ability to lock the teams and a ready function for private games
Fix the shotgun blindfiring
The chainsaw should drop like in gears 1
frag grenades should not be able to tag them on walls or increase the time between the sound and the detonation
When you are dead your grenades should disappear
More time between the spawn times for grenades and other power weapons
Remove the ability to drop down people with the smoke grenades or at least decrease their radius
Remove the mortar from public games

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
CliffyB said:
I assure everyone in this thread that we care VERY much about issues with our products. I can't go into detail here (not the right place to do so) but we ARE working on fixes and tweaks and I'm still reading this thread and other forums on a daily basis and hearing all of the feedback.

No ":D"?

Serious business up in hur.

Edit: But in all seriousness, thanks for the clarification. I'm just hoping you guys take your time to fix as much as possible as to not repeat Gears 1's route of updates breaking things that don't need to be fixed, etc.

AmMortal

Banned
lol @ everyone getting nice as soon CliffyB posts.:lol

I on the other hand am staying negative, cause most of these mistakes shouldn't have been in the game in the first place. Literally made me stop playing, shame cause gears is one of my favorite games ever.

Aladuf

Banned
AmMortal said:

I on the other hand am staying negative, cause most of these mistakes shouldn't have been in the game in the first place. Literally made me stop playing, shame cause gears is one of my favorite games ever.
I stopped playing too, but then I started again because the game seems to be slipping back into it's norm ala Gears 1. It's rough, but not as broken as I or others may have deemed it to be I'd say.

jdub03

WTH to the guy who says decrease the power of the gnasher. The gnasher is fine. If your not in shotty range, and you don't suck, stopping power will do its job. The only time it's a real problem is when the game has horrible lag; which isn't an issue with the weapon, but with the net code. Stopping power even works when running sideways or away from someone...:lol They just need to fix the blind glitch. I think the shotgun is a little under powered.

Tomcat said:
Nice to hear that :)

My suggestions:

Region filtering is a must for public games
Implement a Ping meter
Custom cycle on private matches. No longer we should go back in the lobby to restart the game
Real private games (invite only)
Ability to lock the teams and a ready function for private games
Fix the shotgun blindfiring
The chainsaw should drop like in gears 1
frag grenades should not be able to tag them on walls or increase the time between the sound and the detonation
When you are dead your grenades should disappear
More time between the spawn times for grenades and other power weapons
Remove the ability to drop down people with the smoke grenades or at least decrease their radius
Remove the mortar from public games
This.

Snowden

Banned
Funny watching people tripping over their previous statements in an attempt to convince themselves about the game. The fixes haven't come quickly enough: time to settle!

AmMortal said:
sycophants :lol

NG28

I just blame my multiplayer woes on the fact that I suck. It appears like some others should do the same instead of blaming the game.

Arnie

CliffyB said:

Ok, that is positive, as long as working doesn't mean weapon balance and matchmaking tweaks. Gears 2 multiplayer needs alot of work, work I am skeptical will be completed. For starters the game is just Too Laggy. This could be due to me being located in the UK, but me and all my friends are placed into games with Americans, causing atleast a second of lag on the shotgun aswell as numerous movement problems. Also it baffles me how such a major glitch as the one where you can't shoot your weapon can slip it's way through your testing process. All of this shouldve been fixed before launch, your audience has been soured, clearly by the results of the Xbox Live activity.

Lastly, as there are too many problems worth mentioning, the smoke grenades are ridiculous, absolutely ridiculous. The smokes should return to being smoke grenades and a stun grenade should be added, replacing the redundant Poison Grenade in matchmaking.

Seriously Cliff I don't know why you couldn't supply dedicated servers for this game similar to UT3, which unfortunately doesn't even need them. It wouldn't affect you guys financially and makes complete sense seen as your competition in the first party space seems to have either dedicated servers or atleast consistent playable netcode. Schoolboy error on Epics part, lets just hope the patch doesn't just reduce the Boomshot's ammo count to 2 and increase the respawn timer on grenades (2 things which must be fixed).

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
CliffyB said:

His post was a stupid response to an equally-stupid "joke" - good to hear this regardless, even though any thinking person would know Epic wouldn't let it sit like this and were working on it...

ThirdEngine said:

He makes sense though - a lot of the things on those lists from many pages ago were really, really trivial things... most that are actually balanced and/or easy to counter...

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
http://www.deeko.com/news/?p=10526

Gears 3 coming Fall 010?

The latest EGM (which has Wolverine on the cover) has a rather juicy rumor. Seems that Cliff and the guys at Epic are already hard at work on Gears of War 3 for the Xbox 360. Word is there are plenty of tweaks in the works to the engine and a new 5 player co-op experience. If true, Microsoft has at least another sure fire hit for next fall. Although it does seem to be a bit soon for another Gears game, but perhaps Epic just wants to finish out this triliogy on the 360. Either way Gears fans will be happy to finally close out this chapter in the Locust war.

Edit: Article corrected title.

Domino Theory said:

WHAT: Gears 3 coming Fall 09?

Before anyone says anything, I think this rumor is complete bullshit. Halo 3: ODST is out in Fall 09 so I see Microsoft pimping that for next Fall.

And of course the fact that Gears 3 coming out a year after Gears 2 is just plain weird in itself.

But..
by a salty grain, if this is true, holy shit.

I could PROBABLY see Epic making a Gears 2 campaign expansion and releasing it alongside Halo 3: ODST, but not Gears 3.
Rumor says absolutely nothing about 2009

Zezboob

Ok, done with Gears2 MP.
And will not even wait for a patch, like Gears 1 it's probably already too late to change anything about a client side hit detection or dedicated servers. It's not like players from Gears 1 didn't warn you Epic.
I don't give a fuck about glitch, weapon balance broken or stupid and ridiculous bugs if there is no good connection.

NG28 said:
nah, I'm just saying it seems like some of the complaints aren't the games fault, but the users.
True. It's all my fault to live in europe instead of living in north america, and my fault to not have a fiber connection.
Now GTFO.

Domino Theory said:
And of course the fact that Gears 3 coming out a year after Gears 2 is just plain weird in itself.
True. Epic would never able to change UE in order to have good lightning so quickly.

But to be more serious... on what the UT3 team is working now ?

Feindflug

CliffyB said:

Well that was expected as the mp portion of the game has many serious problems but still it's good to hear that Epic is working at least on some fixes/tweaks...bullet lag is the biggest issue with the game - region filtering for public matches as Tomcat mentioned is really needed to get rid of the super laggy matches...waiting 10 mins (though the matchmaking after the patch is improved) to just get into a game that it's not even playable due to the massive amounts of lag (and believe me I know how to play with lag as I've spent more than 1000hrs on the first Gears 95% of the time being off-host) is not fun.

Facism

oi cliff any possibility of some unranked playlists so we can bring guests into this heaven of matchmaking?

Zezboob

Xbox 360 Top Live Titles (based on UU’s)
1 Halo 3
2 CoD: World at War
3 Gears of War 2
4 Call of Duty 4
5 GTA IV
6 Left 4 Dead
7 Madden NFL 09
8 Fable II
9 Fallout 3
10 FIFA 09

Curious to know what Mark Rein will find this time to justify Gears 2 position again.

Kibbles

Domino Theory said:

Before anyone says anything, I think this rumor is complete bullshit. Halo 3: ODST is out in Fall 09 so I see Microsoft pimping that for next Fall.

But..

I could PROBABLY see Epic making a Gears 2 campaign expansion and releasing it alongside Halo 3: ODST, but not Gears 3.

Well Halo 3: ODST is only a 3 hour expansion to the single player of Halo 3, I wouldn't think of it as something to put out the flames of Gears 3, or vice-versa. This may also explain why it's taking so long for Epic to fix Gears 2, they are hard at work on Gears 3. :lol Just kidding...?

I see what you are saying about an expansion to Gears 2. This seems more likely, if the rumor is true, perhaps they heard a new Gears was coming or whatever, and the person who got the info confused it with Gears 3? Maybe that's what the announcement will be at VGA08? It says "New Gears Content", I assumed just a map pack or something, but perhaps it's something more.

Domino Theory said:

But..

No chance in hell.

2006 - Gears of War
2007 - Halo 3
2008 - Gears of War 2
2009 - Halo 3: ODST
2010 - Gears of War 3

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
Kibbles said:
Well Halo 3: ODST is only a 3 hour expansion to the single player of Halo 3, I wouldn't think of it as something to put out the flames of Gears 3, or vice-versa. This may also explain why it's taking so long for Epic to fix Gears 2, they are hard at work on Gears 3. :lol Just kidding...?

Article had a false date on it. Rumor says Gears 3 for 2010, which is expected. Although:

Kibbles said:
I see what you are saying about an expansion to Gears 2. This seems more likely, if the rumor is true, perhaps they heard a new Gears was coming or whatever, and the person who got the info confused it with Gears 3? Maybe that's what the announcement will be at VGA08? It says "New Gears Content", I assumed just a map pack or something, but perhaps it's something more.

this could still be true. We'll know Dec. 14

Kibbles

Domino Theory said:
Article had a false date on it. Rumor says Gears 3 for 2010, which is expected. Although:

this could still be true. We'll know Dec. 14

:lol Well I'd think of it more as an educated guess. Nice obvious rumor EGM. >.<

Ramirez

Please make the chainsaw just like Gears 1, please.

p.s. please

The game is head and shoulders above Gears 1 even though it still has issues. I laugh when I see someone complaining that it doesn't play like 1.

Snowden

Banned
Ramirez said:
Please make the chainsaw just like Gears 1, please.

p.s. please

The game is head and shoulders above Gears 1 even though it still has issues. I laugh when I see someone complaining that it doesn't play like 1.
I... but you...

Ramirez

Evonus said:
I... but you...

Oh man, you got me bro! I laugh more at people complaining about the shotgun or the hammerburst being useless.

The chainsaw is complete nub bullshit in 2, it was one of the few things in Gears 1 that wasn't a joke.

cresto

I sort of wish you got a time line for when the thing will be ready or something along those lines. i enjoy the game, just get annoyed a LOT.

Skilotonn said:
His post was a stupid response to an equally-stupid "joke" - good to hear this regardless, even though any thinking person would know Epic wouldn't let it sit like this and were working on it...

He makes sense though - a lot of the things on those lists from many pages ago were really, really trivial things... most that are actually balanced and/or easy to counter...

hey, you, over there, the internet queen in the corner, RELAX.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
It's nice to know Cliffy is reading in.

Please, fix the goddamned chainsaw, it's ridiculous, fucking ridiculous. Also, let us quit matches.

Also, I liked the Gears 1 form factor of multiplayer. I remember back in the days where we could look for which map we wanted to play and the number of rounds. Matchmaking sucks so much. Nogaf about TruSkill if it takes forever to find a game. People just want to play.

11 Round Execution matches on Fuel Depot and War Machine were good fucking times.

Now no matter what its a fuckingg 5 round match. And the 25 second bleedout duration (for Execution) is fucking WEAK.

Matchmaking... ._.

Anyways, I still play this game every night though. Amazingg shit, it's Gears, I have no other choice.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
Also, about smokes, dont make them throw you on the ground unless they're RIGHT UNDER the persons feet.

If it's close or whatever, just have it stun them like the old grenades in Gears.

I guess we'll see what's up December 14th.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
Triple post, IDGAF.

------Ideas------

http://forums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=632395

THis guy is a fucking genius and Epic should hire him and put his shit to work.

Just his patch ideas are amazing and have a lot of thought put into them.

(From post #7, Free patch DLC)
simburgur from Epic Forums said:
Smoke Grenades:
#Stun removed completely, this is a SMOKE grenade, not a stun grenade
#Old Gears 1 smoke effect added.
#Smoke lasts for 20 seconds
#Radius is 10'
#Smoke will follow the grenade around if it is stuck to a player

Shotgun:
Active Reload: increase fire speed by 15%, decrease hipfire scatter/increase hipfire accuracy by 33%.

Lancer:
#Increase damage per bullet from 38 to 45. Once the chainsaw has been balanced, the lancer will be UP compared to the HB, so this minor damage increase should balance it out.
#Chainsaw Duel: Currently when the duel is interrupted, its a bit of an antilclimax. The duel comes to a halt and one guy gets chainsawed. Instead, i think it should trigger a small sound FX (Like when your wingman dies, or a teammate is downed), and also trigger a double chainsaw, as it doesn&#8217;t make sense for the original duelist to just stop when the duel interrupted by a member of his team.
#Chainsaw Revving: Currently, revving the chainsaw is pretty much unstoppable. In Gears 1 however it was stupid that a single bullet stunned you. So, i suggest that whilst revving the chainsaw, you take an additional 25% damage and have a chance of being stunned for every bullet that hits the front of you.
Lancer/Pendulum Lancer/Snub pistol/Gorgon Pistol = 15% stun chance per shot
Boltok/Shotgun = 35% stun chance per shot
Everything else = 50% stun chance per shot
The stun chance will stack for 3 seconds, so if you shoot 3 snub pistol shots at 1 shot per second, the first shot will have a 15% chance to stun, the second will have a 30% chance to stun, and the third will have a 45% chance to stun. however, if you shoot another bullet 3 seconds later, it will only have a 15% chance to stun. Also, a single bullet to the head from any gun or a melee will automatically stun you.

Torque Bow:
#Reduce splash damage, you should NOT be able to kill someone without actually sticking them, even if it is active.
#Decrease wind up speed by 20%, currently it winds up a little too fast.

Boomshot:
#Reduce ammo to 2 shells.
#Reduce active splash.
#Reduce speed at which shells travel through the air.
#Allow shells to be shot out of the air, causing mid-air detonation.

Boomshield:
#Can get into chainsaw duels, but cannot kill the enemy. if the Shield player wins the duel, the Chainsaw player is knocked to the ground (but not as severe as the smoke grenade knockback) and the Shield player is stunned for a second. If the Chainsaw player wins, the Shield is knocked away, and the Shield player is stunned, leaving them open to be chainsawed.

Wall Tags:
#Reduce health so that a single direct lancer shot can destroy them
#Each bullet within 1.5' of the grenade will have a 25% chance of setting off the proximity device, and therefore setting off the grenade
#Add an additional .5 seconds after the beep before detonation to allow players more time to excape
#Every 5 seconds a tagged grenade should beep. The beep is slightly louder than the beep you hear when the grenade is triggered, and uses the same sound beep that the tagged grenade uses when it is triggered.

Gameplay Changes

Execution:
#Lower bleedout time to 10s, it's just not execution how it is at the moment.

Assassination:
#Bring it back, it's not the same as Guardian, i'm not sure why it was removed.

Wingman:
#Increase the public party size to 4.
#Having 3 players in the party could lead to cheating, and any more than 4 could also lead to cheating (So public parties can have 1, 2, or 4 players).
#Allow players to pair up within the party so they can stick with their wingman.
#Teams in the same party will be spawned as far away from each other to minmize cheating.
#The character a pair plays as should be based on their preferred character models. I want to play as Dizzy damnit
#Delayed Weapon spawns: Power weapons will now spawn 45 seconds after the round begins, this is to stop people that spawn near power weapons having an advantage.

Weapon Cycling:
#Remove weapon cycling in Hail and Subway. Due to the uneveness of these maps, one team will always spawn with an advantage.

Respawns:
#This will affect any multiplayer gametype with respawns
#When a player respawns, they are invulnerable for 5 seconds
#If the player presses RT or B (therefore being able to cause damage), this affect is canceled

Menu/UI/QoL/Backend Changes

Matchmaking:
#The matchmaking speed needs to optimized, i have no idea how, but currently it takes far too long. (Click for a detailed explanation)
#The netcode also needs to be optimized (Click - Same link as above)
#Host Migration needs to be added (Click - Same link as above)
#Voice comm is muted during loading screens, i don't know if you are able to work around this or it was accidental, but its VERY annoying.
#Guests: Allow guests in public matches. if you can invite people to your party why not allow guests as well?

End of game lobby:
#There needs to be a 'quit' button, and you should not be autokicked, some people want to talk about the mach they just played before leaving, and some people don't want to wait 20 seconds before returning to the menu.*******

#Stick Together/Rematch: Give people a choice at the end of every match to stick together for the next match by pressing a button at the endgame lobby. ths will cause a marker to appear next to their name in the ingame lobby so that everyone else knows who they will be if they choose to stick together. This way, if people have a fun and balanced game, they are able to be automatically pitched with anyone else that chooses this option at the end of the game and hopefully have another fun match. People will remain on the same teams for fairness/balance.

Quitters:
#When a player drops from the match, they should automatically get a loss.
#When a player drops they should be replaced by a bot. the bot difficulty is dependant on the average skill of all players in the match.
#If a player drops, and his team then looses, all team members who where not in the quitters party will be exempt from the loss, so their stats do not go down.

Options:
#Left handed control options (not sure on the specifics, but i know people need this)
#Matchmaking Language: the matchmaking lists need to be separated, i hate it when I&#8217;m teamed with people that i can't talk to.
#Ping Filter: the ability to filter out public matches that have a Xms or higher ping to you. (this could possibly be on my default)
#Region Filter: the ability to filter out public matches that are not in X/Y/Z region. (this could possibly be on my default)

Ranking:
A Players rank should be based on:
#K/D Ratio
#Amount of objectives completed vs amount of objective based matches played (example: Hill captures vs KotH matches played)
#Amount of matches played in the last month (So a new player can't come along and get 1 kill and 1 KotH capture and hop straight to the top of the table, they will need to play well for a month before they get to the top, and older payers will need to keep playing to maintain their rank)
Clan Tag:
Allow players to add a clan tag to the beginning of their name, like COD4 did. If i was in the clan LOL, my name would now look like this: [LOL]El Bishi ^ 847

'Connection Error' message:
This needs to come back for 2 big reasons;
#To stop 'Standbying'
#To allow people to leave laggy matches

Real Private Matches:
Add the ability toggle between allowing/disallowing people to join private matches without an invite from the host.

Photos:
Add a 'Delete all photos' option to the photo album.

Quickmute:
A quickmute is needed. in between rounds/whilst holding the back button, you should be able to navigate the scoreboard with the D-pad, and highlight a player and quickmute him.

Ready Button:
A ready button is needed for private matches to notify the host when people are ready.

Execution/Melee/Headshot kill images:
#Each execution should have its own unique image, as currently they all use the curbstomp image
#The easy way to do this would be adding the weapon image before the execution image, like so:
<killers name> <weapon picture> <excecute/sniper/melee picture> <dead players name>

**** Even Mark Rein responded to this end game idea.

Deserves a clap. This isn't even touching on his ideas for his Pendulum Wars DLC.

cresto

Aladuf said:
Totally agree.
I miss being able to choose my amount of rounds. gaurdian is a cool setting but only 3 rounds? why so short? i know it can go on pretty long depending on the team work (but thats cool!).

i don't understand why people want the option to quit out...that was the problem with gears one. anyone who bitches and moans about the lag is just a sorry ass bitch. it happened practically every match in gears 1 and now its becoming a prominent problem in gears 2. i doubt they'll ever make an option to have people join matches in progress, but come on. why do people have to leave after getting a triple bypass massacre?

edit: holy hell that dude spent a ridiculous amount of time on that DLC idea

Tomcat said:
Execution should be 5 secs
Aladuf said:
Totally agree.
Worst alteration ever.

Execution with 5 second downtimes is Execution catered to people whom lack any form of patience. I hope this never becomes a default setting.

Oh, and Mortars shouldn't be removed either. They're not that hard to avoid unless you're stuck in a laggy session...

smik

just a thought

How bout Wingman Matches (Hardcore playlist) without any power weapons, which would leave teams only to use standard weapons and swap each Weapon spawn with either smoke pickups or Ink grenades

this could generate alot more intimate gameplay without the unbalanced weapon spawning in wingman, but i do understand if your in a room with a bad connection you rely on power weapons to win.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Memphis Reigns said:
hey, you, over there, the internet queen in the corner, RELAX.

I'd say "I'll relax if you stop making "jokes"", but hell, I'm lying down as I type this so I couldn't be any more relaxed...

And wow, that list has some downright ridiculous changes - a slower-flying Boomshot with reduced ammo AND reduced splash damage? Why not just ask to get it removed seeing as it has an arc while firing which takes a bit more skill than most rocket launchers in games out there...

Chainsaw battle with a Boomshield? And when the guy with the Boomshield wins he gets stunned? Why?

And increase Wingman party to 4 players? Is that guy a fool? Yeah, let's make Wingman a total boosting party by making it 4 vs 2 vs 2 vs 2, or even 4 vs 4 vs 2...

HUGE hell no for invulnerability (5 seconds no less!) with respawns - not only is spawn camping not an issue, but 5 second invulnerability would screw things up big time balance-wise...

I'm convinced that this guy never re-thought some of these ideas in actual scenarios...

Aladuf

Banned
smik said:
just a thought

How bout Wingman Matches (Hardcore playlist) without any power weapons, which would leave teams only to use standard weapons and swap each Weapon spawn with either smoke pickups or Ink grenades

this could generate alot more intimate gameplay without the unbalanced weapon spawning in wingman, but i do understand if your in a room with a bad connection you rely on power weapons to win.
I...agree...with..you. D:

Wingman spawns can easily decide a match. Sometimes you'll have teams constantly spawning near something like Snipe, Boom, or Torque and then you'll have other teams that get shafted with the maps standard spawn, that shit's no fun if you're the team getting the shitty spawns all the time.

Zezboob

Black_Ice said:
THis guy is a fucking genius and Epic should hire him and put his shit to work.
Lol no. Epic just need to see what other games offers, that's all.
Almost all the remarks he makes are :
- fucking obvious
- already done by lot of games

But kudos to him for so much devotion, even if it will probably useless. Epic, make me lie.

Simburgur from Epic Forums said:
Shotgun:
Active Reload: increase fire speed by 15%, decrease hipfire scatter/increase hipfire accuracy by 33%.
Increasing fire speed... nice idea.

Boomshot:
#Reduce ammo to 2 shells.
#Reduce active splash.
#Reduce speed at which shells travel through the air.
#Allow shells to be shot out of the air, causing mid-air detonation.
Reduce active splash damage and speed = no way
Mid-air detonation.... what ?

Boomshield:
#Can get into chainsaw duels, but cannot kill the enemy. if the Shield player wins the duel, the Chainsaw player is knocked to the ground (but not as severe as the smoke grenade knockback) and the Shield player is stunned for a second. If the Chainsaw player wins, the Shield is knocked away, and the Shield player is stunned, leaving them open to be chainsawed.
Nice idea, but he put too much reflexion on it. If boomshield player wins, he lives (and create some distance, or else he dies.
By the way, tie chainsaw are stupid. First, you don't even realize what happenned, and it leads directly to another chainsaw duel.
It would better if the added some kind of slicing chainsaw animation and create some distance between players, for them trying another approach than making a chainsaw duel again.
Or turning them 180° could be cool too :D

Assassination:
#Bring it back, it's not the same as Guardian, i'm not sure why it was removed.
Because it sucked. You're welcome.

Wingman:
#Increase the public party size to 4.
wat ?

Weapon Cycling:
#Remove weapon cycling in Hail and Subway. Due to the uneveness of these maps, one team will always spawn with an advantage.
Fucking true. Kind of things that make really me think that Epic didn't care about the mp.
Seriously, it's fucking obvious that Locust have a fucking advantage on Hail. The first time I played in this map I was like "WTF!?"

Respawns:
#When a player respawns, they are invulnerable for 5 seconds
Why ? Not really an issue on Gears. It seems that even remote grenades don't trigger when you respawn.
And by the way he forgot the respawn switch. Always a joy to see your enemies spawning behind you, specially on Guardian.

Quitters:
#When a player drops from the match, they should automatically get a loss.
Still not a solution.
Quitters = 30 mins banned from Gears 2 online

well... only when Epic will put CSHD and/or MS giving dedicated servers.

#When a player drops they should be replaced by a bot. the bot difficulty is dependant on the average skill of all players in the match.
Sweet dreams.

#If a player drops, and his team then looses, all team members who where not in the quitters party will be exempt from the loss, so their stats do not go down.
Hai guys, it's my time to sacrifice for the team right ?

(yeah, looks like I am in fire... but it's only because I just had my worst session of Gears 2 tonight... not a single worthy match)

ergo said:
anyone who bitches and moans about the lag is just a sorry ass bitch. it happened practically every match in gears 1 and now its becoming a prominent problem in gears 2. i doubt they'll ever make an option to have people join matches in progress, but come on. why do people have to leave after getting a triple bypass massacre
Just shut the fuck of.
You don't have laggy match ? You are most of the time host ? Good for you.

I don't wait a massacre to quit.
Beginning of the match -> shooting to the wall -> late response -> quit
...................................................................-> slightly late response -> let's try for the fun, chainsaw noob power
...................................................................-> quick response -> fun

smik said:
just a thought
And you made a good one.

Brizzo24

I'm currently at 9/11 (that's nine out of 11) for the unique kill achievement. My question: is there something that tracks your progress so you know which ones you have left to do? The latest one i obtained is
stabbing a bleeding-out enemy with the shield.

Zezboob

Brizzo24 said:
I'm currently at 9/11 (that's nine out of 11) for the unique kill achievement. My question: is there something that tracks your progress so you know which ones you have left to do? The latest one i obtained is
stabbing a bleeding-out enemy with the shield.
No.

This may help you.

You probably forgot the Torque Nudge. It's so lame.

smik

Aladuf said:
I...agree...with..you. D:

Wingman spawns can easily decide a match. Sometimes you'll have teams constantly spawning near something like Snipe, Boom, or Torque and then you'll have other teams that get shafted with the maps standard spawn, that shit's no fun if you're the team getting the shitty spawns all the time.

thanks I...agree...with..you..to. D:

The most hilarious imbalances are on Jacinto the team that spawns next to the mortar is always pwned within the first 15 seconds lol :p also obtain boom shot equal win (the round)

Gig

One man's junk is another man's treasure
Almost, almost made it, we only had three more waves, shit.

But still, it was awesome, Horde is such a blast when you have good team (although that rarely happens).

Goddamn I'm getting tired of playing with fucking idiots.

Vanish

in response to simburgur's suggestions from Epic Forums:

no way should there be a random percentage chance of someone being stunned after being shot. it wont be fair to those who get unlucky and get stunned on the first shot.

I'm addicted to Horde, but need some people to play with, as I have about 3 people on my friends list who play Gears. Any Gaffers feel free to friend me up:

WhoompThereItIs

Top Bottom