• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 2 |OT| ...Maria...MARIA!!!

kaizoku

I'm not as deluded as I make myself out to be
Gig said:
Damn I really want to play the new maps on Horde, but not too many people on my friend's list have them or if they do they they don't want to play Horde.

So, if anyone wants to have a run at them gt: Valvoga

And Soul4ger what the hell, man why did you leave that Horde match, we beat it like fifteen-twenty minutes later.

do you have lika a goal in mind when you do horde these days?

Have you completed all 50 now? Are you going for it on multiple maps or difficulties or what? Cos I see you playing horde all the time :D

Definitely up for playing some horde with you, but when you invited me last night I was either in the middle of a game or had to go to sleep.

Dont really fancy doing public horde though, a) you start from wave 1 and b) random people!

Baker

Banned
Gig said:
Damn I really want to play the new maps on Horde, but not too many people on my friend's list have them or if they do they they don't want to play Horde.

So, if anyone wants to have a run at them gt: Valvoga

I did exactly what I knew I would. Got semi-drunk and bought the map pack at 1:00 in the morning a couple days ago.

I would love to get a steady flow of Horde games going on the new maps, or wherever.

I get home around 5:00pm Central on the weekdays (anytime on weekends). I had to put my dog down last weekend, so other than feeding myself, I have absolutely no responsibilities to take care of once I'm home.

I have one other gaffer friend who would be down, but he doesn't get home until 9:00pm Central.

Gig

One man's junk is another man's treasure
kaizoku said:
do you have lika a goal in mind when you do horde these days?

Have you completed all 50 now? Are you going for it on multiple maps or difficulties or what? Cos I see you playing horde all the time :D

Definitely up for playing some horde with you, but when you invited me last night I was either in the middle of a game or had to go to sleep.

Dont really fancy doing public horde though, a) you start from wave 1 and b) random people!

Well I have already beaten all 50 waves, so now I go for the highest score possible/just having fun (almost broke the top one hundred on a few maps).

Yeah, public Horde can be a bitch, but most of the people on my friends list don't play Horde that often, so most of the time it's public.

I did exactly what I knew I would. Got semi-drunk and bought the map pack at 1:00 in the morning a couple days ago.

I would love to get a steady flow of Horde games going on the new maps, or wherever.

I get home around 5:00pm Central on the weekdays (anytime on weekends). I had to put my dog down last weekend, so other than feeding myself, I have absolutely no responsibilities to take care of once I'm home.

I have one other gaffer friend who would be down, but he doesn't get home until 9:00pm Central.

That's cool, there's not really anything on t.v. I want to watch tonight, so I should be playing horde for the rest of the night.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Baker said:

:lol

Man I do the same shit all the time. I've bought the no doubt album and the red hot chili peppers album all after midnight when I was drunk.

I got 600 poin.ts in reserve, I dont think I'll make it past this weekend without buying the new maps

Told myself I was gonna boycott the shittie mp but I am weak.

Dosia said:
Melee is a big problem if you can do it through a wall... It happened to me today and once the word gets around it will be horrible. This seriously has got to be the most broken game I have ever purchased. I still love it though and can't wait until it gets fixed. *crosses fingers*

Fable 2 waves its hand then freezes then RROD's your 360.

Just kind of had a epiphane with the Torque Bow.
I used to go immediately into aim mode while I was charging it up and just pan around and
try and hit people but it was a absolute pain in the ass. I finally realized that its much easier
to charge it up without aiming then move till a guy is pretty close to centered in your screen
aim for a split second and shoot.

ZROCOOL

aka II VerTigo II
Yesterday I was checking to see if I had enough points to buy the maps, and as I was going the screen slowly changed to a checker board. :\ Yep that's right the box is dead........ E 47

But I did manage to check my points: 700 wtf 100 shy from the cost.

Aladuf

Banned
RSTEIN said:
As usual I carried the team on my back. You guys need to step up.
You actually seriously tore up those other teams, especially on Ruins (hello thur sniper). I'd really like to see the team that could beat us on that map now, how we play our matches on there is nearly perfect.

Gig

Holy shit at that Horde game last, Baker and I must at it for over four hours.

ZROCOOL

aka II VerTigo II
Aladuf said:
You actually seriously tore up those other teams, especially on Ruins (hello thur sniper). I'd really like to see the team that could beat us on that map now, how we play our matches on there is nearly perfect.

Oh, I would challenge but you know what has happen. :(

Aladuf said:

2zpr3ue.gif

I need to play this game again. To soon though...

I actually really like the new maps, but I really think they should patch this game first. The power of the shotgun is so fuckin random. I mean, the strategy of "melee+aimed shot" works 40% of the time, and the other 60% the fuckin bastard just won't die, and kills me with just one single shot, nothing else.

As for the chainsaw.... GET IT OUT OF THIS BLOODY GAME. It's no fun at all. It just ruins everything.

Aladuf

Banned
goldenpp72 said:
we just got into a glitched roomed, apparently you can force more than 5 into a team.. 7 on 3, awesome :)
If there's a way to actually do that then damn, that's lame.

II VerTigo II said:
Oh, I would challenge but you know what has happen. :(
I saw that, sucks. :(

Dark FaZe said:
http://i27.tinypic.com/2zpr3ue.gif[IMG]

I need to play this game again. To soon though...[/QUOTE]
Play lots of other stuff and you'll be ready to come back eventually. I took a pretty decent hiatus from Gears and the 360 all together a week or two ago and just played a bunch of my PS3 games again. Once I wrapped those up I was ready to play Gears again and the game doesn't even come [I]close[/I] to pissing me off like it did before.

goldenpp72

I was on the team of 7, he just invited 2 people into the group at a certain timing from when matchmaking started, so while the error message was there it still went through and didnt give the other team 2 people, instead we had 7 at once.

Aladuf

Banned
RSTEIN said:
Well, there is a huge storm here in Toronto. I'm scared to go out. I'm hopping online :D
If I didn't hate playing games during the daytime I'd be on there with you. But don't go wearing yourself out on Gears for the day because we'll want you in our matches again later tonight.

Baker

Banned
Gig said:
Holy shit at that Horde game last, Baker and I must at it for over four hours.

Haha, yeah sorry about that.

It was the first time I've ever played Gears on casual, so I thought I could just run around and be semi-invincible. Apparently the Boomers weren't keen to that concept.

Gig

Baker said:
Haha, yeah sorry about that.

It was the first time I've ever played Gears on casual, so I thought I could just run around and be semi-invincible. Apparently the Boomers weren't keen to that concept.

That's ok, I had great time, but that definitely was one of the longest Horde games I have played.

Baker

Banned
Gig said:
That's ok, I had great time, but that definitely was one of the longest Horde games I have played.

Yeah. Other than the ammo boxes being on the farthest sides of the map, Fuel Station was a really easy and fun Horde level.

I would be nice (although a lot harder) if the dumb AI would stop getting themselves stuck in the elevator though. If they aren't capable of pressing the button, I don't know why they're programmed to think that was a valid way up to kill us.

Gig

Baker said:
Yeah. Other than the ammo boxes being on the farthest sides of the map, Fuel Station was a really easy and fun Horde level.

I would be nice (although a lot harder) if the dumb AI would stop getting themselves stuck in the elevator though. If they aren't capable of pressing the button, I don't know why they're programmed to think that was a valid way up to kill us.

When they get up to the top of stairs is when it gets real easy, I was blindfiring the shit out of them with The Scorcher.

RSTEIN said:
As usual I carried the team on my back. You guys need to step up.
You saved my ass quite a few times last night.

So the other night as I sniped some dude as Hoffman I heard one of the wierdest soundbytes from him:

Ooohhh! The spider factor!

Does anyone have a clue what the fuck this means?!

Gig

The Lamonster said:
Why aren't there any Beserkers in GOW2?

Because like all the other bosses in the first Gears, they sucked ass.

Also I think the Lightmass bomb killed them and the Kryll.

So the other night as I sniped some dude as Hoffman I heard one of the wierdest soundbytes from him:

I'm pretty sure he's saying "The splatter factor".

ZROCOOL

aka II VerTigo II
ThirdEngine said:
You saved my ass quite a few times last night.

My guess, when the blood splatters out. IDK

Baker

Banned
Speaking of Berserkers...

Are the Butchers even in campaign? I've almost beaten it three times I can't recall seeing them once.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
After about an extra 24 hours of traveling which thankfully included a free overnight stay in a great suite at The Marriot in Miami, I'm properly on vacation and on here...

That melee crap sucks - but I seriously need to find out how the hell this person found something like this, or if it even possible to do in an actual match - at the very least, opportunities like this would practically never happen in a real match...

Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
Do you guys think the new map pack is worth the 800 points?

Definitely, especially since they all give totally different feels to any of the maps before strategy-wise...

Aladuf

Banned
So, did any of you guys who played yesterday notice that they changed the message on the main menu of Gears from a Combustible map pack advertisement to something about how matchmaking had been fixed and that new enhancements are on the way.

The fact that they changed that yesterday makes it seem like we could be getting that patch sooner than later.

RSTEIN

Comics, serious business!
Aladuf said:
So, did any of you guys who played yesterday notice that they changed the message on the main menu of Gears from a Combustible map pack advertisement to something about how matchmaking had been fixed and that new enhancements are on the way.

The fact that they changed that yesterday makes it seem like we could be getting that patch sooner than later.

Sweet, didn't notice that.

Man, we kinda sucked last night :/

On maps such as Ruins, Jacinto, & River we're good. These maps have a lot of defensive positions + snipe/torque for Third Engine. We can use strategy and team work to beat almost anyone. We may not win every match but we're going to win a large percentage of them.

The problem maps are Avalanche, Pavilion and Blood Drive. Avalanche is a shotgun fest. No strategy built around any of the power weapons. Every time we lost it was to a team that basically rushed in with host shotty and obliterated us. Pavilion is tough for a defensive strategy, but we almost had a good thing going. We need to tweak it a bit. The problem is when you're down by the mortar, you're open to the other side, the mulcher above, and the stairway. We win a lot on Blood Drive but if we're against a team of 5 super aggressive dudes with names like XXXxxxInZaNItyxxxXXX we run into trouble. 5 guys will rush the snipe and work their way up the stairs and eventually kill us.

Aladuf said:

Excellent! Oh, and I am available for any Gears game all day today.

ZROCOOL

aka II VerTigo II
Aladuf said:

Wow, now that's music to my ears!!!!111 Hopefully I get the box back on time....

Top Bottom