• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 2 |OT| ...Maria...MARIA!!!

dgenx

Made an agreement with another GAF member, refused to honor it because he was broke, but then had no problem continuing to buy video games.
I'll be on Live in an hour, feel free to add me

GT: dgenererex

I would like to play horde but with a chatty team, those silent bastards thinks I can read minds to develop a strategy, anyway I'm so noob that it hurts.

pd. I hope putting my GT in Gaf was a good idea

smik

lol!

I had a friend get his wings last night (5th rank) only for him to lose it after Winning 5 straight games in a row right after he just obtained it. Seriously! we were all laughing so hard for about 10 minutes straight while in the lobbys after the match just watching him go in and out only for him to come back in the lobby dissappointed rofl

Classic.

And to Aladuf enough with the defending already, its actually really pathetic if people dont vent there frustrations and explain there problems nothing will get done and Epic will not acknowledge the obvious problems. People are not complaining for the sake of it, you think this thread is derailing into problem fest for no reason.

"wingman is even" "1995 internet connections" these comments are not appreciated

ur are the minority here and good for you that you dont have problems but dont undermine everyone else with your dribble.

A Turd is a Turd no matter how much you shine it up.
Patch. {Yes} NO Map Pack Yes {NO}

jdub03

You have to remember, most people don't rush to the internetz to say how good there connection is. Usually its the people having issues that rush to the forums to complain. You cant judge the majority of gears players by scanning forums. We are the minority in this case. Most of my matches have been relatively lag free. Gears has always had some funky bullet lag. Its not game breaking. It does need some work though.

Aladuf

Banned
smik said:
And to Aladuf enough with the defending already, its actually really pathetic if people dont vent there frustrations and explain there problems nothing will get done and Epic will not acknowledge the obvious problems. People are not complaining for the sake of it, you think this thread is derailing into problem fest for no reason.

"wingman is even" "1995 internet connections" these comments are not appreciated

ur are the minority here and good for you that you dont have problems but dont undermine everyone else with your dribble.

What the fuck is this shit? It this not a forum for discussing the game? I can say whatever I want about it, I know this MP is messed up, everybody else knows that it's messed up but god forbid I have something positive to say.

You make it seem like Cliff or people at Epic read the thread and other threads on the internet and have completely ignored what people are saying and if one person (although there's more people than me who aren't having issues) makes a comment towards the game in a positive way that they'll latch onto that and go with it.

It's been a while since I've added someone to the ol' ignore list, thanks for being that guy. :)

Dosia

Just played my first game for about a week. It was king of the hill and I encountered the boom shield glitch and 2 of my team mates left. Typical.

EazyB

Banned
jdub03 said:
You have to remember, most people don't rush to the internetz to say how good there connection is. Usually its the people having issues that rush to the forums to complain. You cant judge the majority of gears players by scanning forums. We are the minority in this case. Most of my matches have been relatively lag free. Gears has always had some funky bullet lag. Its not game breaking. It does need some work though.
Yeah, I haven't had too many terrible network issues. Even then when Gears 2 is "at its best" it still plays like garbage. Grenade tags, smoke spamming, mortar rounds. I really can't understand how Epic would let this out the door even under perfect networking conditions.

smik said:

This is the most bullshit post I have read in this thread.

So we're a minority because matchmaking works most of the time for us. Really? Really?

The thread has derailed because people like you come in here and post random bullshit like this. Just because some people choose not to bitch about the game on here doesn't mean we're upset. Yes smokes are annoying. Yes people glitch. Yes some weapons are overpowered. But all you can do for the time being is adapt with what you have, and when the patch hits just hope for the best.

If you don't like it, play another game until an update. We all know what the problems are, and yet people still continue to get upset about the same things. I'm talking gameplay issues here, not matchmaking. If you can't find a match for shit or it's a lagfest all of the time, then yes, that really sucks. I'm just tired of all the negativity in here.

DoomGyver

squirrelchristmas-1.gif

"The Insanity!"

Gig

One man's junk is another man's treasure
Has anyone played Fuel Station on Horde, I was wondering if The Locust can use the elevator to get to the roof.

Snowden

Banned
ThirdEngine said:
The thread has derailed because people like you come in here and post random bullshit like this. Just because some people choose not to bitch about the game on here doesn't mean we're upset. Yes smokes are annoying. Yes people glitch. Yes some weapons are overpowered. But all you can do for the time being is adapt with what you have, and when the patch hits just hope for the best.

If you don't like it, play another game until an update. We all know what the problems are, and yet people still continue to get upset about the same things. I'm talking gameplay issues here, not matchmaking. If you can't find a match for shit or it's a lagfest all of the time, then yes, that really sucks. I'm just tired of all the negativity in here.

You can argue the opposite just as easily. At this point, there are hundreds of pages detailing all the things right with the game. While the last page or so has been filled with criticism, its hard to call it a derail because there's no other discussion being had. If you were filling the thread with frequent anecdotes about your current exploits and it was getting drowned out, that's one thing.

But instead, its either repetitive posts about why the game is bad, or repetitive defensive posts. Since the latter only come up in response to the former, if you removed the negative comments, the thread would seem to come to a halt.

Go back 15 pages and there was lively discussion of game mechanics, photo sessions. But now its basically business as usual, and those still playing aren't reporting in every hour on the hour with a play-by-play. Since the map pack has been announced, that rekindled the discussion of whether or not the game is actually worth playing or spending money on. Both sides have weighed in and its admittedly gone on long enough to where no new ground is being covered.

Try not to pretend that there's a specific group hampering or holding back discussion though, because when you examine it just for a moment, you see thats simply not true. You either have what we see now, or nothing. The positive thread where everyone is just having a good time is a fantasy: if everyone is really having a good time, those posts will outweigh everything else, and if everything is "normal," people will be playing and not posting to begin with.

Gig

Full Recovery said:
Most likely.

Even if they can, you could put two shields at the bottom so they can't get in the elevator.

I have only played a little bit of it in training grounds, but Fuel Station may be the new Day One of Horde (possibly even better).

DoomGyver

Gig said:
Even if they can, you could put two shields at the bottom so they can't get in the elevator.

I have only played a little bit of it in training grounds, but Fuel Station may be the new Day One of Horde (possibly even better).

Or you could put 1 shield on the stairs and 1 shield on both sides of the roof where the elevator is.

Edit: Gig, have you not beat horde yet?

Gig said:

The drone-sized Locust can still kick those down though, correct? I thought I saw it happen once but wasn't sure.

I know it blocks the boomer-sized ones and bloodmounts very effectively.

DoomGyver

Grimm Fandango said:
The drone-sized Locust can still kick those down though, correct? I thought I saw it happen once but wasn't sure.

I know it blocks the boomer-sized ones and bloodmounts very effectively.

Drones are programmed to kick shields down, but they are not programmed to pick shields up.

So if you place the handle-side towards the outside the drones will just look at it dumbfounded. :D

Gig

Full Recovery said:
Or you could put 1 shield on the stairs and 1 shield on both sides of the roof where the elevator is.

Edit: Gig, have you not beat horde yet?

I think they might be able to shoot through, I would preferably want the shields at the bottom.

As for the Stairs, I can't decide whether to put it at the top or bottom.

I have beaten all fifty waves of Horde, but not in a public match (close though, got to wave 49).

Drones are programmed to kick shields down, but they are not programmed to pick shields up.

So if you place the handle-side towards the outside the drones will just look at it dumbfounded.

Yeah, but if you can make it through so can and they might turn around and kick it down.

The best option is to put so the only way through is to mantle over, but placing the shield to this is tricky and can only done in certain areas (ie. not on stairs).

Full Recovery said:

So if you place the handle-side towards the outside the drones will just look at it dumbfounded. :D

Brilliant! /Guinness

Figured it was something simple like that.

Haven't tried private yet myself. I got to wave 37 in public. I tried going solo from there on Day One but only progressed to 40. Nuts even on casual :lol

Aladuf

Banned
Full Recovery said:

Damn really? I wish I had known that back when I was going through Horde.

Gig

Whoo boy, while Fuel Station seems awesome for Horde, looking at the other two, yikes.

Gold Rush looks worse than Ruins.

Edit: played a little Fuel Station Horde by myself, it's looking like a mighty big "if" The Locust can use the elevator. Even if they can, it doesn't look it's going to be a problem.

Also, ammo boxes are pretty far away from the roof, to the right and left.

Zozz

Banned
fuck!! my xbox scratched my gow2 disc, everytime I want to play a match online I get a disc read error. Should I try to get a new one out of MS?

Gunstar77

GAF Madden 2006 Season 1 NFC Champ
Zozz said:
fuck!! my xbox scratched my gow2 disc, everytime I want to play a match online I get a disc read error. Should I try to get a new one out of MS?

Install the game on your hard drive, no disc read error.

Brakara

Aladuf said:
Damn really?

Yeah, but hopefully Epic will fix this in a patch since it has to be a design flaw. Locusts aren't that stupid.

And how is Gold Rush unsuitable for Horde? Just control the upper level and take out whoever tries to get up the stairs. Have two guys on each choke point and one guy with the sniper/torque bow in the middle taking out locust on the lower level (or help out on either side if needed). Then again, I love Ruins (challenging but with some nice choke points) so what do I know? :lol

Easiest does not necessarily mean the best imho.

I'm sick of people who do not know how to play as a team in Horde. I'm a UK Gaffer and want to Horde the Horde. So anyone up for some action, add me.

Level 7 Boss.

ElyrionX

I started the Solo campaign yesterday and I'm nearly done with Act 2 and I gotta say, I'm really really impressed.

Gears 1 was a great looking shooter that played really well but got repetitive and boring near the end. I really wasn't expecting much from Gears 2 and thought that it would really be more of the same but the campaign has really surprised me. The set peices are really good and the atmosphere is very much improved. Now, you really feel like you're fighting for Earth and not just a pair of grunts who's having a grand adventure. Damn good job, Epic.

Gig

Brakara said:
Yeah, but hopefully Epic will fix this in a patch since it has to be a design flaw. Locusts aren't that stupid.

And how is Gold Rush unsuitable for Horde? Just control the upper level and take out whoever tries to get up the stairs. Have two guys on each choke point and one guy with the sniper/torque bow in the middle taking out locust on the lower level (or help out on either side if needed). Then again, I love Ruins (challenging but with some nice choke points) so what do I know? :lol

Easiest does not necessarily mean the best imho.

The map is too open, there aren't really any good places to get them to bottleneck.

You would need at least four shields to defend the upper level.

Enemy A.I. for the shields needs to stay the way it is, Horde is already pretty hard as it is now.

Brakara

Gig said:
The map is too open, there aren't really any good places to get them to bottleneck.

You would need at least four shields to defend the upper level.

Which is not an impossible task. It's probably not something you'd want to do a 1-50 run on, but I can still see it as a fun - and challenging - map to play Horde.

Khris

I made a few chapters to increase my Kills to get Serious 2.0 one day or another and I downloaded the Combustible Map pack and my number of kills went back to 6300.

My friend experienced something similar with the Flashback Map Pack.
Does anyone know if it is just because I stopped playing and went directly in my Dashboard instead of doing ''Return to main menu'' what could save the kills I made?

Have you experienced that too?

kaizoku

I'm not as deluded as I make myself out to be
Level 8 Boss said:
I'm sick of people who do not know how to play as a team in Horde. I'm a UK Gaffer and want to Horde the Horde. So anyone up for some action, add me.

Level 7 Boss.

me, Mr Affluenza and his mate Ash21uk are UKers.

I'm happy to do some more horde. I still need to do waves 49+50 on hardcore, and then I wanna start doing it on insane, and trying other maps etc. So much fun can be had in that mode.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
I've made it to 36 on security for horde mode. Now when I get in random games it usually goes up to around 8-10 before there is 1 or 2 leavers and 2 retards that figure the best strategy is to just run for the open and try to beat down those guys with shields and the big bommyknocker.

It's still fun as shit though. I love horde.

Anyone else love horde that is EU then

armedcatfish

^gt

I don't know how to solve the situation of 'level 35 and the doorbell rang' though. I mean god, it takes about 3 hours to get that far.

NutJobJim said:
Gears is crafty is disguising lag-your caharacter can appear to be moving just fine but it's your bullets you need to worry about.
Next time you start a round of MP aim your shotgun at a wall, fire, and see how long it takes to register the hit.

If it's instant you've probably got host and you can roll around shotgunning people to shit with no problems-it doesn't really require skill, just roll in their general direction LT+RT=big pile of guts (IF you have host)

If there's a slight delay you will probably be ok using the shotgun against most other players, but 9/10 times the host will rape you with it even though you shot him first, or more than twice.

If it takes like 1-3 seconds before the shotgun blasts register on the wall...good luck using the shotgun :lol

NutJob your my hero bro. I tested my shotgun out at the beginning of every map and if it was insant
I went with it and if not I went standard rifle. Improved my play time considerably thanks again man.

Gig

kaizoku said:
me, Mr Affluenza and his mate Ash21uk are UKers.

I'm happy to do some more horde. I still need to do waves 49+50 on hardcore, and then I wanna start doing it on insane, and trying other maps etc. So much fun can be had in that mode.

When will you be playing, I'd love to get in some more Horde action?

winalot

I finished Insane solo today and breezed through some parts I was dreading the whole time. I've not really touched multiplayer yet for all the horror stories, just been sticking to Horde, so I might jump in to that before I start a co-op campaign.

Top Bottom