• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 2 |OT| ...Maria...MARIA!!!

Kolgar

OK, fuck this game. Seriously, fuck it.

I've been away for a while - taking a vacation from aggravation - and today I come back and on my very first multiplayer skirmish... all KINDS of glitchery.

Has anyone else been hit by a smoke grenade and tossed up into the air in a slow-motion ragdoll pirroete that takes about five seconds to complete?

I've done it twice in 10 matches now. This second time, right before I threw my controller down in disgust, sent me on top of a railing just bordering no-no land where you never see any players or bots.

I had about three seconds to think, "I wonder if that will kill me?" Aaaaand sure enough, it did.

I was even the HOST for these games, so I can't even blame the stupidity on lag.

Going back to UT3 now. I've been playing hell out of that on 360 and PS3 and for my money, it's a FAR superior game.

Disappointing doesn't even BEGIN to describe Glitch of Wars 2.

Mohonky

Contrary to the previous poster, I just pulled host or atleast got a lag free game and holy shit does it make a difference to the shotgun. Where I was sinking up to four close up rounds with the shotty doing nothing, I was absolutely destroying people with it. I easily smashed everyone for number of kills in the game and where I would normally hang back and avoid close up confrontation knowing I would just get pounded by others with shotties, I just had locust giblets raining down around me.

Man I wish the connection was consistently like that. The game felt so much better knowing I was actually able to enter a firefight with a shotgun that actually works than the usual shit of shooting someone numerous times only to be blown away by 1 or 2 shots myself.

JB1981

Mohonky said:
Contrary to the previous poster, I just pulled host or atleast got a lag free game and holy shit does it make a difference to the shotgun. Where I was sinking up to four close up rounds with the shotty doing nothing, I was absolutely destroying people with it. I easily smashed everyone for number of kills in the game and where I would normally hang back and avoid close up confrontation knowing I would just get pounded by others with shotties, I just had locust giblets raining down around me.

Man I wish the connection was consistently like that. The game felt so much better knowing I was actually able to enter a firefight with a shotgun that actually works than the usual shit of shooting someone numerous times only to be blown away by 1 or 2 shots myself.

Yea it really is a shame. Host shotgun is like one of the most amazing things ever.

Zzoram

Can you play splitscreen Horde and bring a guest to play on Live? I like playing Horde splitscreen with a friend, but only 2 players is really, really hard. Even with some bot allies, Horde would be a lot more manageable.

JB1981

Playing thru the campaign on Insane again. GOD DAMN some of these firefights are INSANE. No game out there does this shit better imo. So intense.

ergo said:
Does anyone ever have trouble with the shotgun not shooting as soon as I hold down the right trigger? I think this has something to do with my awful shit for a school internet connection, but I still got it when I was at home on my decent cable.

Any thoughts? Its frustrating to have the upper hand on a guy and then have the shotgun fuck up getting me killed. -_-
It could be due to the tweak that was made regarding people charging in for quick kills.

ashism

bumpkin said:
What's your gamertag, dude? You should've joined up with me, ashism and NG28. We had some really good Horde rounds tonight. We actually managed to get to something like round 37 with two randoms filling in the empty slots for our team. So close!
Some great games back there. Hilarious gate shenanigans, but those things are always fun.

Gotta do up some gaf only MP, with FF on. The madness would be amazing and you all know it.

Aladuf

Banned
JB1981 said:
Haven't played a 4x4 private Gears match in ages. Good games, guys. You all basically owned me.
There was some massacring going on there in the 4x4's, tonight was some great times though... next time don't leave so early.

draven

Aladuf said:
There was some massacring going on there in the 4x4's, tonight was some great times though... next time don't leave so early.

The short time I was there (CidDelNorte), it was really a blast. For the first time in a while, with an actual functioning team, I was playing a tactical shooter rather than a circle strafing, two-pieceing shotgun fest. I have an hour to play after the baby goes to sleep, but had to extend it last night cause I was having such a good time. Nice game, guys.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Yeah I played some 5 vs 5 the other night with some buds and this is still the best mp imo

Might try to jump in the gaf game if there's room I got the gaf gears tag on my friends list

JB1981

I'm wiped after work and the gym but if you guys all hop on i might be down for like an hour.

I can definitely play tomorrow night if you guys are going to be around. Gears Tuesday bitches!

draven said:
The short time I was there (CidDelNorte), it was really a blast. For the first time in a while, with an actual functioning team, I was playing a tactical shooter rather than a circle strafing, two-pieceing shotgun fest. I have an hour to play after the baby goes to sleep, but had to extend it last night cause I was having such a good time. Nice game, guys.

Sorry for two piecing you.

RSTEIN

Comics, serious business!
I've been using my chainsaw a lot more often lately. Dunno why. I like running away from people, hiding and then sneaking up on them. Holy shit do people get mad at you :lol I played 4 games today and I swear I received at least 10 messages:

- dude you fckn suck
- ur gay
- put away the chainsaw noob
- you are horrible
- chainsaw faggot

etc. etc.

JB1981 said:
I'm wiped after work and the gym but if you guys all hop on i might be down for like an hour.

I can definitely play tomorrow night if you guys are going to be around. Gears Tuesday bitches!

Gears tuesday has a pretty slick ring to it.

I'll be on tonight for sure

RSTEIN said:
I've been using my chainsaw a lot more often lately. Dunno why. I like running away from people, hiding and then sneaking up on them. Holy shit do people get mad at you :lol I played 4 games today and I swear I received at least 10 messages:

- dude you fckn suck
- ur gay
- you are horrible
- chainsaw faggot

etc. etc.
You playing tonight?

Aladuf

Banned
I'll be on tonight with the usual group I suppose, I wasn't around last night to get any games in.

@ RSTEIN, anytime you get a message for your chainsawing just respond with "HoLla".

Dosia said:
I played last night and actually enjoyed the game when I could actually get into a good game. In 2 and a half hours I only played 8 games. 2 games we got standbyed and the other 2 were lag fests. If Epic can get the match making speeds to under a minute and prevent the laggy games and stand byers I would be a happy camper.

So, this is what I do, and it seems to help get me into games faster. Start matchmaking, let it run for about 20 seconds, then cancel it. Start it back up again, and bam, it finds people damn near instantaneously, almost every time. I'm pretty much good to go for the rest of then night, at least on the matchmaking side of things.

Oh, and the dude asking about the shotgun not firing properly, yeh, I have that quite often. Probably just lag. I think that's why you see so many fucking chainsawing bitches.

diss

Banned
RSTEIN said:

- dude you fckn suck
- ur gay
- you are horrible
- chainsaw faggot

etc. etc.
ill_cut_ya_bitch.jpg

kuYuri

I'll be getting back from university around 9 PM EST, I'm going to give it one more chance to play with gaffers. Otherwise, fuck you guys. >_>

GT: Strider2K99

Aladuf

Banned
Strider2K99 said:
I'll be getting back from university around 9 PM EST, I'm going to give it one more chance to play with gaffers. Otherwise, fuck you guys. >_>

GT: Strider2K99
Sent an invite, come join us tonight.

squatingyeti said:
I thought I was alone in the desolation. Afraid to give up gears despite it's shitty glitch fest, but eager to move on to other games. AKA, invite me bitches...GT: squatingyeti
Sent you a friend invite too.

squatingyeti

non-sanctioned troll
I thought I was alone in the desolation. Afraid to give up gears despite it's shitty glitch fest, but eager to move on to other games. AKA, invite me bitches...GT: squatingyeti

Edwood

Yeah, I think I'm done with Gears of Lag 2.

I'm sick and tired of the bullshit netcode card game. Host advantage is all the rage, if you ain't got it, you'll probably lose.

There is so much gameplay balancing bullshit that makes no sense either, but having chainsaws on guns isn't exactly realistic, sure.

At least they tried to patch the game, unlike other developers (coughfuckyouBehemothCastleCrasherfuckyoucough) that just take your money and run.

h3ro

I might be on a little bit later tonight for a few rounds, send me a friend invite for those who don't have me on their lists...

My GT is here...

RSTEIN

Comics, serious business!
I'll be on at 10:00 EST... AKA the time the wife goes to bed.

Hope to see everyone there! Prepare for my chainsaw bitches!!

Kydd BlaZe

Lmao @ all the standbying and host bridging in this game. Holy shit...brings back memories of the early Halo 2 days...

Good GOD the cheating is RIDICULOUS...

minx

I can't stand playing ranked anymore. Tried playing again last night because I heard of the two piecing being fixed. Played one game of wingman, won, but the host quit right before it could count as a game. The next match was warzone on mansion but I got lag switched the last 4 rounds. If you guys get a private match set up im down. Gamertag = Minx88

Oh yeah Aladuf whats your gamertag again I deleted you because I thought you sold your 360?

bumpkin

minx88 said:
I can't stand playing ranked anymore. Tried playing again last night because I heard of the two piecing being fixed. Played one game of wingman, won, but the host quit right before it could count as a game. The next match was warzone on mansion but I got lag switched the last 4 rounds. If you guys get a private match set up im down. Gamertag = Minx88

Oh yeah Aladuf whats your gamertag again I deleted you because I thought you sold your 360?
Okay, possibly dumb question, but how can you tell you were being lag switched? I often see weird shit happen and think nothing of it primarily because I don't know what the dirty cheatery looks like.

As an aside, I'll add you to my friends list. My gamertag is DaveB1980

minx

bumpkin said:
Okay, possibly dumb question, but how can you tell you were being lag switched? I often see weird shit happen and think nothing of it primarily because I don't know what the dirty cheatery looks like.

As an aside, I'll add you to my friends list. My gamertag is DaveB1980

Whenever everyone else stops moving and you can still move or when everone just keeps on walking until they run into a wall. After this the majority of your team or your whole team will die after the host is done lag switching. Very annoying. Even if you manage to win again the host who is lag switching, he will just quit before the game ends anyways. So its pretty much pointless to even play.

JB1981

Good games, guys. Sorry that I had to bail - have to get to bed at a decent hour ... up at 6 for work ....

anyway, i'm glad we have a group of guys that plays regularly ... game is a lot of fun with a good party.

squatingyeti

non-sanctioned troll
Oh, look at my retarded ass, posting about playing and can't even make it for the night lol. Well, if you guys jump on tomorrow I should be able to make it.

Aladuf

Banned
Those were some epic matches tonight, every one of them was just back and forth and we ended up pulling off a victory in the end most of the times. :D

Having solid groups of 5 is pure awesome.

Aladuf

Banned
NubCakes09 said:
Sorry about leaving early last night, I was pretty tired and said to myself "fuck it, I'm going to bed".
I was wondering what was going on, my internet messed up that time and I had to sign off to go reset it and when I signed back on a couple of minutes later everybody was gone and it was just Third and RSTEIN waiting in the lobby. I kept asking "where the fuck did everybody go?!". :lol

Top Bottom