• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 2 |OT| ...Maria...MARIA!!!

Aladuf

Banned
h3ro said:
I thought this was referred to as "pulling an Aladuf"...
Difference is, I didn't have a meltdown.

Full Recovery said:
more like..

"Don't worry guys, I'm going to sell my wii and games and rebuy my RROD xbox!!"
*shrugs*

Selling a console that went unused for months on end to pay for one where I'd play a game that I love sounded good for me. No regrets here.

Shins said:
When you're forcing yourself on people, no, its not fair. I don't know how to make this more clear, but since the other two people that I normally play with aren't interested in being as direct, I'll try my best. If I am off-base that their thoughts align with mine, I'm sure they will correct me.

The clique you're talking about certainly exists. I'm friends with Aladuf in real life. We've played Gears of War together for years. ThirdEngine has been playing with Aladuf for a long time now as well. That's the core of the group. In addition, there are two to four other people, including another real life friend, who have come to form a regular thing. All of us prefer public matches, all of us have both map packs (and intend to buy the next one), and all of us now have a fair idea of what to expect from one another when playing the game. It's a nicely defined pool of people to fill a party with.

So we already have enough people for what we do. We don't need more. If the four to five people that play together every night are online, that's who's going to be playing together, and anyone who takes up a space or kicks over the five-person limit will be removed. They will always have priority.

When the four other people I play the game with are online during our usual playtime, that's who I'm going to be playing with. I'm not going to accommodate people and play custom matches so as not to step on peoples' toes. I don't feel any urge to play with new people every night. Especially some people.

For instance, I think you're kind of a blowhard, PXG, and my idea of a good time doesn't include you in it. I didn't like playing Gears 1 with you for the short amount I did, and I don't want to play Gears 2 with you. That's it. Nothing more, nothing less. If Gears 2 offered the option of a closed party for matchmaking, you can bet I'd have that setting turned on in a heartbeat (Come on, TU4!). It would address so much of this unnecessary bullshit, and I wouldn't have to be spending five minutes typing this.

I really hope that whatever situation you're striving toward where there are these amazing, fun, lag-free GAF matches can come to fruition. But please stop trying to include the people I play with as any major component of those plans. Its annoying to hear them complain second-hand about it. You're going after people that just don't want what you want. I think there are plenty of other people that would be far more receptive to what you're looking to achieve. That's part of what I tried to do with the Online/Matchup thread; get you a userbase to pull from that doesn't include people that just want to play public matches with their already defined group.

Okay?

Wouldn't a simple, "fuck off." have sufficed? Or "We don't fucking like you."? :lol

And when did you remove me, fucker?

-PXG-

Shins said:
When you're forcing yourself on people, no, its not fair. I don't know how to make this more clear, but since the other two people that I normally play with aren't interested in being as direct, I'll try my best. If I am off-base that their thoughts align with mine, I'm sure they will correct me.

The clique you're talking about certainly exists. I'm friends with Aladuf in real life. We've played Gears of War together for years. ThirdEngine has been playing with Aladuf for a long time now as well. That's the core of the group. In addition, there are two to four other people, including another real life friend, who have come to form a regular thing. All of us prefer public matches, all of us have both map packs (and intend to buy the next one), and all of us now have a fair idea of what to expect from one another when playing the game. It's a nicely defined pool of people to fill a party with.

So we already have enough people for what we do. We don't need more. If the four to five people that play together every night are online, that's who's going to be playing together, and anyone who takes up a space or kicks over the five-person limit will be removed. They will always have priority.

When the four other people I play the game with are online during our usual playtime, that's who I'm going to be playing with. I'm not going to accommodate people and play custom matches so as not to step on peoples' toes. I don't feel any urge to play with new people every night. Especially some people.

For instance, I think you're kind of a blowhard, PXG, and my idea of a good time doesn't include you in it. I didn't like playing Gears 1 with you for the short amount I did, and I don't want to play Gears 2 with you. That's it. Nothing more, nothing less. If Gears 2 offered the option of a closed party for matchmaking, you can bet I'd have that setting turned on in a heartbeat (Come on, TU4!). It would address so much of this unnecessary bullshit, and I wouldn't have to be spending five minutes typing this.

I really hope that whatever situation you're striving toward where there are these amazing, fun, lag-free GAF matches can come to fruition. But please stop trying to include the people I play with as any major component of those plans. Its annoying to hear them complain second-hand about it. You're going after people that just don't want what you want. I think there are plenty of other people that would be far more receptive to what you're looking to achieve. That's part of what I tried to do with the Online/Matchup thread; get you a userbase to pull from that doesn't include people that just want to play public matches with their already defined group.

Okay?

???

I'm down for any kind of game type or map really. I prefer Execution, but if you want to play something else that is fine by me. Public or Private. Win or lose. I don't care. I just want to play the damn game. As long as the connection is good and their isn't too much bullshit (it IS Gears, there will ALWAYS be some bullshit :lol), I'm fine.

If you knew me in real life, you would know my arrogance is in jest. I don't mean it. I do it to make fun of those who REALLY are like that. I can't stand them either. Whenever I brag about shit, 9 times out of 10 I'm not being serious. Again, its something about me you would only understand if you knew me in person. It's not your fault. Do you really think I believe I am the shit at life because I was got the most kills in a match? Really?...

I can be competitive. There are times when I really want to win and kick ass, while other times, I just want to chill. It's the nature of the game that brings that out. I'm not going to hate you or talk shit if you're not good or if our team loses. It's just a game after all.

I'm willing to get along with anyone. I understand you want to play with your local buddies and that the room is full. I understand if you prefer Warzone over Execution. I'm fine if you prefer public over private. The only thing I am not cool with is the circle jerk shit and just pissing people off for the sake of their reaction, whether its here or on Live. That junk needs to end.

Anyway, I might be getting online again. I just needed a break. I wasn't mad, I was just tired (been at work all day and hopped right onto Gears afterwards).

DoomGyver

Flunkie said:
Yeah, I mean, it's not like I would go through 5 Xboxes and 6 PS3s.
4kf2nhk.gif

birdman

-PXG- said:
The only thing I am not cool with is the circle jerk shit and just pissing people off for the sake of their reaction, whether its here or on Live. That junk needs to end.

We're ribbing you. You said something dumb and we are joking you about it. I've had it happen to me by Renwood and Aladuf many times before. You either gotta laugh it off or just block us.

-PXG-

birdman said:
We're ribbing you. You said something dumb and we are joking you about it. I've had it happen to me by Renwood and Aladuf many times before. You either gotta laugh it off or just block us.

That smoke shit is actually true too :lol I noticed it. Whenever you're not host, it just flies straight. But when you're host, it spins.

We used to give Gig a lot of shit. And look how our little precious has grown :lol

Anyway....

Does anyone know if Dark Corners is an actual map pack?

birdman

On the next episode of As The Gears Turn:

PXG has lost the acceptance of the clique. Can he win back their hearts? Will Full Recovery and flunkie get to the bottom of Aladuf's console embezzlement plan, even with flunkie's haunting past following him at every turn? Will Renwood ever escape the coma his evil twin brother placed him in?

All this and more next week on As The Gears Turn.

-PXG-

birdman said:
On the next episode of As the Gears Turn:

PXG has lost the acceptance of the clique. Can he win back their hearts? Will Full Recovery and flunkie get to the bottom of Aladuf's console embezzlement plan, even with flunkie's haunting past following him at every turn? Will Renwood ever escape the coma his evil twin brother placed him in?

All this and more next week on As the Gears Turn.

:lol :lol :lol

-PXG-

ashism said:
This thread got interesting fast.

And I thought my gears crew could be angsty.

I play with people (no one from GAF), that I SWEAR, are insane. They are funny as hell to play with.

PXG: the complaints and jokes have nothing to do with gametypes, map settings, teams, host advantage, spinning smoke grenades, fat connections, none of it. you're just kind of hard to like. i will say that it didn't blow my mind to hear you work at gamestop. moral of the story is, your reputation, at least in this thread, is probably ruined.

Flunkie: accept that some of these guys are tight and are going to play the game the way they want to, the rest of us be damned. custom games just rub some people the wrong way. your rivalry is nice and awkward when playing matchmaking, though. can't you all have a little makeup sex and get back to the bro-fives and inside jokes?

RJ: all of those chainsaw glitches and mortar rounds ricocheting back into your face are punishment for hating on Peggle.

Aladuf: ozzy is a drugged up, diseased motherfucker. shouldn't you have some healthy role models like Martha Stewart or Chris Benoit instead?

-PXG-

warbegins said:
PXG: the complaints and jokes have nothing to do with gametypes, map settings, teams, host advantage, spinning smoke grenades, fat connections, none of it. you're just kind of hard to like. i will say that it didn't blow my mind to hear you work at gamestop. moral of the story is, your reputation, at least in this thread, is probably ruined.

Flunkie: accept that some of these guys are tight and are going to play the game the way they want to, the rest of us be damned. custom games just rub some people the wrong way. your rivalry is nice and awkward when playing matchmaking, though. can't you all have a little makeup sex and get back to the bro-fives and inside jokes?

RJ: all of those chainsaw glitches and mortar rounds ricocheting back into your face are punishment for hating on Peggle.

Aladuf: ozzy is a drugged up, diseased motherfucker. shouldn't you have some healthy role models like Martha Stewart or Chris Benoit instead?

Uhhh......then what's the problem? :lol

Anyway, I will give you this

thumbs_up.jpg

cresto

Aladuf said:
Seriously, when you're in the lobby and the countdown clock goes to "00:00" on the character/weapon selection countdown, just look to see if it flashes twice. If it does, then you're host. No need to shoot walls or throw your smoke grenade at the beginning of every round.
Sadly I never see this :( *cries in a corner*

edit: Aladuf we still need to play together. We came close earlier today then you left for a while. ARG

RSTEIN

Comics, serious business!
ergo said:
Sadly I never see this :( *cries in a corner*

Me either. I don't think Epic likes my home network. I play downstairs on the first floor. My cat5 cable goes from my xbox to the basement hub, then up 4 floors to my office. Then to a router, which is connected to my PC. Too much cable to be a Gears host :lol

draven

Aladuf said:
Seriously, when you're in the lobby and the countdown clock goes to "00:00" on the character/weapon selection countdown, just look to see if it flashes twice. If it does, then you're host. No need to shoot walls or throw your smoke grenade at the beginning of every round.

After the round, isn't the host the only guy that can't melee? I had an absolutely incredible game and led my team by at least 15 kills. As I was about to break out the ruler to measure my junk, I then tried playfully melee-ing a team member who just stole a kill, and found out I couldn't :(

RSTEIN

Comics, serious business!
draven said:
After the round, isn't the host the only guy that can't melee? I had an absolutely incredible game and led my team by at least 15 kills. As I was about to break out the ruler to measure my junk, I then tried playfully melee-ing a team member who just stole a kill, and found out I couldn't :(

This is called warbegins skill.

Aladuf

Banned
draven said:
Yeah, if you can't melee then you're host.

draven

Shins said:
I've started a thread in Online / Matchup in an attempt to deal with organizing the public and private matches, so people can have a reasonable idea of who's into what before jumping into a party only to be met with disappointment or confusion.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=15274776#post15274776

But don't worry Zezboob; all Lost talk and MSN socializing will stay right here!

Shins, thanks for setting up this list. I just added my contact info and I'm hoping to bump it so that I can get updated on the original post, and we can get a constant B-team going apart from the cool kids :p

Hey warbegins and flunkie, sorry I didn't respond but I was already on my last match for the night when I finally got the invite.

Shins said:
For instance, I think you're kind of a blowhard, PXG, and my idea of a good time doesn't include you in it. I didn't like playing Gears 1 with you for the short amount I did, and I don't want to play Gears 2 with you.

Okay?

Lol Damn PXG what'd you do to piss off Gears-Gaf?

Aladuf

Banned
ThirdEngine said:
Speaking of host, Sebby's five instantaneous kills on Gold Rush last night was hilarious.
:lol

And quite suspicious since he got dropped out of the party and nobody noticed, so we're all like "whoa, Sebby, did you just lag switch them?" and then there were no responses.

But, don't worry though, there was no intended lag brought onto the match by him, just something random that happened when he tossed a smoke
it spun
and caused his internets to freak out.

REV 09

Dark FaZe said:
Lol Damn PXG what'd you do to piss off Gears-Gaf?
not sure of the history between PXG and Gears gaf...but last night we had a room of 5. Duf lags out. the rest of us finish the match and head back to the lobby. We're in the lobby for maybe 5 seconds and PXG jumps in before we can get Duf back in the room (he was already in our party, chatting with us the whole time). Sebby kicked PXG from the room and we went on our merry way.

in this situation, i don't care who jumped in...we already had 5. There's no use trying to get in a gaf squad that is already full. There are usually 2 groups playing each night...i tend to jump in the one that is either on first, or open. Like Shins said, Duf, Third, and Renwood are the only 3 that consistently play together...everyone else kind of floats around and fills up the remaining spots. If there is a "clique" then it's them, but they know each other in real life...fucking Duf was calling people by their first name last night. Expecting to have priority over real life friends or players who were already in the squad before you is only something that a gamestop employee who strokes his hammer burst in dark corners until it blindfires on a duo of lovemaking meatshields would do.

draven

REV 09 said:
Expecting to have priority over real life friends or players who were already in the squad before you is only something that a gamestop employee who strokes his hammer burst in dark corners until it blindfires on a duo of lovemaking meatshields would do.

:lol I'm choking on the homoeroticism in this thread. ALL OVER MY FACE!

mernst23

Jesus tapdancing christ, gears bromance is really at an all time low here. (you guys should let me join the gears clique, i'm pretty damn good and don't bitch over the mic, just to myself :D )

Top Bottom