• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 2 |OT| ...Maria...MARIA!!!

Aladuf

Banned
Anybody know what time DLC usually pops up on the Marketplace to download? I'm never camping around for maps or anything so I'm really not sure. I know the Combustible maps showed up at around 2 or 3 in the morning, but I figure that was part of the "wow announcement at the VGA's, now here are the maps right away!".

warbegins said:
i'm fappin. never got to play the original Fuel Depot, so this shit has me pumped.
You whore.

Man, I clocked in the most time in Gears 1 on Fuel Depot and War Machine... such epic maps.

warbegins said:
i'm fappin. never got to play the original Fuel Depot, so this shit has me pumped.
Here is the original from Gears 1. The quality isn't that good, but you can get a good idea of the upgrade it has received for Gears 2.

h3ro

whitehawk said:
Fuck, those look awesome. Under Hill and Grind Yard specifically. Defiantly getting these maps, especially since we get 4, not 3.

I was really hoping they would put the two packs together for 800 points... I hope the Combustible pack goes free soon. Half the time I'm on and you guys happen to have a spot open for a second, I don't join since everyone has the DLC... I wanna be part of the cool kids too. sadface.

not really, I just go play Peggle instead.

RSTEIN

Comics, serious business!
I'll be on after 10. If I'm lucky, I will get to dine at the Don's table. If he decides that I'm unworthy, I'll be left to play with the rest of the peasants.

*throws smoke*

Aladuf

Banned
RSTEIN said:
I'll be on after 10. If I'm lucky, I will get to dine at the Don's table. If he decides that I'm unworthy, I'll be left to play with the rest of the peasants.
All you gotta do is kiss the ring.

Shins

Banned
edit: I have drawn the Don's disfavor with an non-commissioned portrait. His is a beauty not meant to be looked upon by peasant eyes.

Shins

Banned
I don't have that much material to go off of if you could send me some updated glamour shots that'd be a great help

renwoodfunke.jpg

see this guy's got the right idea

Crappy connection and all, I finally was able to get a couple of Online Multiplayer games tonight. First game WOW was I terrible. Hadn't played in quite some time, but got it back around the third or fourth game.

I assume you don't get EXP for Horde?

Aladuf

Banned
Submission is the worst gametype ever.

I mean..

- No time limit
- Flag can kill you
- Respawns = new smoke grenades every time, flag gets dropped with smokes
- Flag stands up immediately after being knocked down
- THE FUCKING CAPTURE ZONE ENDLESSLY MOVES BETWEEN 2 SPOTS

So fail.

Flunkie

Banned
I'm sorry for the blowup a couple days ago. I was just frustrated that a certain someone kicked me with no real explanation. Now that I heave the means of joining and participating in many different games (something that I didn't have a couple days ago) by enlarging my Gears friends list, it doesn't seem like that big of a deal anymore.

I'll still take the makeup sex offer, and
I expect a sarcastic comment from Renwood shortly.

/PXG

birdman

Aladuf said:

I mean..

- No time limit
- Flag can kill you

So fail.

I don't know about that, me, Third, Renwood, and REV were kicking ass for 2 or 3 matches. But I kinda agree with you right now. We're in a match that's lasted for fucking 25+ minutes (with PXG and RJ now though). :/

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Aladuf said:

I mean..

- No time limit
- Flag can kill you

So fail.

I think Submission would change the most if people didn't start off with smokes. Alternatively, I kinda wish you could go by a smoke grenade and maybe hit X or something to dive over it(and let's say the guy who does gets a 4 second stun instead of 2, but blocks it from the rest). Most of the time when people throw a smoke by the guy carrying the meatflag, there are additional team mates by him that can do jack shit to help.

Still, I really love when you're about to cap the flag, it gets tense as hell. I got both caps of it earlier today and it was awesome, though I STILL need 4 more for that achievement.

Shins

Banned
Aeana said:
THE FUCKING CAPTURE ZONE ENDLESSLY MOVES BETWEEN 2 SPOTS
Get ready to feel as stupid as we did when we realized this, but it doesn't. One team has one base, and the other team has the other, just like any other capture-the-flag gametype ever made. I don't know how I didn't realize this before now, but I guess I just took for granted that you all realized it from extensive play.

We played on Goldrush, and Locusts had Mortar, and COGs had Boltok. It finally clicked when I stood with the meatflag for about two minutes waiting for the switch, only to get knocked down, see the flag captured, and BOOM, the base it was to be moved toward switched on my HUD.

So then we won 2-0. Its much more fun now.

Now say it with me: STUPID STUPID STUPID
moran.gif

-PXG-

ThirdEngine said:
FUCK! Live completely froze on me and lost the connection to the match. Sorry guys.

No biggie. It sucks that you put all of that effort into the match and had to take the 1500 point hit :(

Flunkie

Banned
ThirdEngine said:
No. Renwood.

Anyway, if the maps end up coming out at a decent time, who wants to get a group together?
I'll be up anyways, so you can count me in for a few rounds. If they're not up at 1, though, I'll probably head to bed and play some DS before succumbing to the unconscious realm of peace.

I do have a craving for Horde, though.

zaidr

Shins said:
Get ready to feel as stupid as we did when we realized this, but it doesn't. One team has one base, and the other team has the other, just like any other capture-the-flag gametype ever made. I don't know how I didn't realize this before now, but I guess I just took for granted that you all realized it from extensive play.

We played on Goldrush, and Locusts had Mortar, and COGs had Boltok. It finally clicked when I stood with the meatflag for about two minutes waiting for the switch, only to get knocked down, see the flag captured, and BOOM, the base it was to be moved toward switched on my HUD.

So then we won 2-0. Its much more fun now.

Now say it with me: STUPID STUPID STUPID
moran.gif

Oh shit, that explains so much...
RAGE
fuuuuuu.jpg

birdman

ThirdEngine said:
FUCK! Live completely froze on me and lost the connection to the match. Sorry guys.

No worries Third, that match was getting boring as hell anyway. We lost 2-0 but I was just glad the match finally finished.

Top Bottom