• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 2 |OT| ...Maria...MARIA!!!

zaidr

Can someone give me 50 MS points please? I have 750 (i kid you not) and i really want to get the map pack...I don't even know how that shit happened...shouldn't I have a number in the hundreds?

-PXG-

zaidr said:
Can someone give me 50 MS points please? I have 750 (i kid you not) and i really want to get the map pack...I don't even know how that shit happened...shouldn't I have a number in the hundreds?

If I could gift points I would. I got 4000 :D

cresto

I love gears to death, but the rampant cheating is getting out of hand. The 3 or so hours I put into this game with a full party ended up being 80% host to the other team which wasn't logical considering we were all running fairly decent connections so that didn't seem realistic.

I have heard rumblings that there is a way to steal host by using a lag switch or something similar to that. I really wish there was a way to know who host is because it ruins the game when things are obviously not acting the way they should.

And another thing, the region filter is complete bull shit

-PXG-

ergo said:
I love gears to death, but the rampant cheating is getting out of hand. The 3 or so hours I put into this game with a full party ended up being 80% host to the other team which wasn't logical considering we were all running fairly decent connections so that didn't seem realistic.

I have heard rumblings that there is a way to steal host by using a lag switch or something similar to that. I really wish there was a way to know who host is because it ruins the game when things are obviously not acting the way they should.

And another thing, the region filter is complete bull shit

It's called host bridging. You won't get banned from hosting, as long as you don't standby or cheat.

cresto

-PXG- said:
It's called host bridging. You won't get banned from hosting, as long as you don't standby or cheat.
This seriously pisses me off because it seems like those who do it have the worst connections possible. I bet (no offense to some of the euros) the europeans who are fed up with playing on american hosts all the time do it and that's why its so unbearable to play.

Does anyone else notice the inconsistency of the shotgun? It's horrible!

-PXG-

ergo said:
This seriously pisses me off because it seems like those who do it have the worst connections possible. I bet (no offense to some of the euros) the europeans who are fed up with playing on american hosts all the time do it and that's why its so unbearable to play.

A friend of mine does it, but has a really good connection. So, it actually makes it fair for everyone :lol

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
You people...

I wonder if any of you even know how to tell if your host, because I check whenever I've had instant bullet impact with the shotgun, and I've had quite a bit of matches when I wasn't host...

But hey, I actually play the game, unlike some of the jokers who just pop in to whine, or talk about how they keep giving up the game but still post in here like there isn't anything else they could do with their life... :lol

JB1981 said:
xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot

You gotta be a bit smarter than that - or maybe you are just full of shit... :lol

And try to follow someone else around, will ya?

Aladuf

Banned
ergo said:
Yeah, I started dropping the Shotty for whatever power weapon I pick up lately. The Hammerburst is a gnarley close range weapon if you do it right.

Shins

Banned
Skilotonn said:
I wonder if any of you even know how to tell if your host, because I check whenever I've had instant bullet impact with the shotgun, and I've had quite a bit of matches when I wasn't host...
I know the difference between a good host, a shitty host, and when I'm host. So do you. :p

The difference between a good host and being host is marked, but it can still be a fun game in either case. A shitty host makes me want to pluck out mine eyes.

-PXG-

Skilotonn said:
You people...

But hey, I actually play the game, unlike some of the jokers who just pop in to whine, or talk about how they keep giving up the game but still post in here like there isn't anything else they could do with their life... :lol

You gotta be a bit smarter than that - or maybe you are just full of shit... :lol

And try to follow someone else around, will ya?

Throw a grenade. If it spins in the air, then you're host.

Aladuf

Banned
Seriously, when you're in the lobby and the countdown clock goes to "00:00" on the character/weapon selection countdown, just look to see if it flashes twice. If it does, then you're host. No need to shoot walls or throw your smoke grenade at the beginning of every round.

-PXG-

Alright, who's the cocksucker not wanting me to join? I don't know what the fuck I did to you, but I'd like to know what you have against me. Why let me join your fucking room and not invite me to the god damn party? What sense does that make?

Sorry Third, for that message on Live. I'm just pissed off at this pussy ass bullshit, of not letting people join and lack of communication. Jesus Christ. I really want to know who this bitch is.

-PXG- said:
Alright, who's the cocksucker not wanting me to join? I don't know what the fuck I did to you, but I'd like to know what you have against me. Why let me join your fucking room and not invite me to the god damn party? What sense does that make?

Sorry Third, for that message on Live. I'm just pissed off at this pussy ass bullshit, of not letting people join and lack of communication. Jesus Christ. I really want to know who this bitch is.
:lol :lol

-PXG-

Aladuf said:
Buncha fucking babies in this thread. Are we on a 1 meltdown per week quota now?

I ain't mad at you man. But some people are just annoying as hell. Not letting others join and just saying shit over and over again that isn't funny and just obnoxious as hell. I just hate this clique bullshit. How come we can't all play together without this lame shit man? Seriously. The Gears 1 crew was great. We never had ANY issues, besides the lag.

RSTEIN

Comics, serious business!
-PXG- said:
The Gears 1 crew was great. We never had ANY issues, besides the lag.

What? :lol Dude, I remember we were playing once and you had a huge breakdown and kicked everyone off your friends list. Then you disappeared for like months.

Shins

Banned
edit: honestly too old for this shit. This thread is a mess. I know who I'm going to play Gears of War 2 with when I want to play. Enough of this.

DoomGyver

PXG, if they're not talking to you (inviting you to the chat) they probably don't want to play with you and are too pussy to say it to your face.

So I'd find a new group of friends to play with if I were you.

edit:GAF isn't even lag free. Fucking host.

RSTEIN

Comics, serious business!
Shins said:
His parents took away his Xbox.

zipqmw.png

-PXG-

RSTEIN said:
What? :lol Dude, I remember we were playing once and you had a huge breakdown and kicked everyone off your friends list. Then you disappeared for like months.

Months...more like a week or so :/ I do have other games (and other hobbies) to play on other consoles. I did take a lot of people off. It wasn't because I "broke down". Get your fucking facts straight. It was nothing personal. I just made room to add people who were playing SFIV. It wasn't just people from GAF. I took off people I didn't play with or talk to. Simple as that.

Anyway, it's really funny people from GAF start shit with me on Live, and THEN bring it to the forums. I make a single peep about it and BAM!... I'm the jerk, I'm the annoying one. That is horse shit guys. I don't give a fuck if you want to play Gears with me or not. Just cut this the annoying shit and play the game. That's how it was before. Again, this clique crap needs to end NOW!

That's all I got to say. I'm done bitching. Carry on.

-PXG- said:
Anyway, it's really funny people from GAF start shit with me on Live, and THEN bring it to the forums. I make a single peep about it and BAM!... I'm the jerk, I'm the annoying one. That is horse shit guys. I don't give a fuck if you want to play Gears with me or not. Just cut this the annoying shit and play the game. That's how it was before. Again, this clique crap needs to end NOW!

No one says anything until you come on here and call out specific people, derailing the thread by bitching about how no one will play with you.

-PXG-

EDIT

AnEternalEnigma said:
No one says anything until you come on here and call out specific people, derailing the thread by bitching about how no one will play with you.

That was my fault. It was a complete misunderstanding on my part. I was an asshole for doing that. That is over with. But other shit has been going on and on and on. Not just with me, but others. This circle jerk shit needs to stop. I want all of us just to have fun and play the game together without anyone being divided or singled out, for whatever reason. That's fair right?

RSTEIN said:
Dude. Don't go giving fucking orders before each match. Don't undermine my authority as the clan leader. I have the highest rank - I am the clan leader. So you keep your mouth fuckin shut. We don't need any advice from someone who goes like 1-6 four straight games.

256xm4o.jpg

LOL sorry couldn't resist. I'm still waiting for my copy from eBay.

Aladuf

Banned
Solideliquid said:
http://i40.tinypic.com/256xm4o.jpg[IMG]

LOL sorry couldn't resist. I'm still waiting for my copy from eBay.[/QUOTE]
OMG, such a good movie. Paul Rudd is pure gold. I saw "I Love You, Man" last night and it was... wait for it

[IMG]http://i43.tinypic.com/5n9f.jpg

Aladuf said:
OMG, such a good movie. Paul Rudd is pure gold. I saw "I Love You, Man" last night and it was... wait for it

5n9f.jpg
Rudd was funny as shit both times he was on The Daily Show. Jon Stewart and him have some wacky conversations.

h3ro

Flunkie said:
This shit needs to stop, I'm going to sell my Xbox and copy of Gears, and go cry for a couple of weeks. Fucking shit sucks!

I thought this was referred to as "pulling an Aladuf"...

Shins

Banned
-PXG- said:
I want all of us just to have fun and play the game together without anyone being divided or singled out, for whatever reason. That's fair right?
When you're forcing yourself on people, no, its not fair. I don't know how to make this more clear, but since the other two people that I normally play with aren't interested in being as direct, I'll try my best. If I am off-base that their thoughts align with mine, I'm sure they will correct me.

The clique you're talking about certainly exists. I'm friends with Aladuf in real life. We've played Gears of War together for years. ThirdEngine has been playing with Aladuf for a long time now as well. That's the core of the group. In addition, there are two to four other people, including another real life friend, who have come to form a regular thing. All of us prefer public matches, all of us have both map packs (and intend to buy the next one), and all of us now have a fair idea of what to expect from one another when playing the game. It's a nicely defined pool of people to fill a party with.

So we already have enough people for what we do. We don't need more. If the four to five people that play together every night are online, that's who's going to be playing together, and anyone who takes up a space or kicks over the five-person limit will be removed. They will always have priority.

When the four other people I play the game with are online during our usual playtime, that's who I'm going to be playing with. I'm not going to accommodate people and play custom matches so as not to step on peoples' toes. I don't feel any urge to play with new people every night. Especially some people.

For instance, I think you're kind of a blowhard, PXG, and my idea of a good time doesn't include you in it. I didn't like playing Gears 1 with you for the short amount I did, and I don't want to play Gears 2 with you. That's it. Nothing more, nothing less. If Gears 2 offered the option of a closed party for matchmaking, you can bet I'd have that setting turned on in a heartbeat (Come on, TU4!). It would address so much of this unnecessary bullshit, and I wouldn't have to be spending five minutes typing this.

I really hope that whatever situation you're striving toward where there are these amazing, fun, lag-free GAF matches can come to fruition. But please stop trying to include the people I play with as any major component of those plans. Its annoying to hear them complain second-hand about it. You're going after people that just don't want what you want. I think there are plenty of other people that would be far more receptive to what you're looking to achieve. That's part of what I tried to do with the Online/Matchup thread; get you a userbase to pull from that doesn't include people that just want to play public matches with their already defined group.

Okay?

Flunkie said:
This shit needs to stop, I'm going to sell my Xbox and copy of Gears, and go cry for a couple of weeks. Fucking shit sucks!

Didn't mean to dissapear on you guys, my box froze up and I just said to hell with it...

This thread rules, it's totally an animal who cannot be stopped!

Top Bottom