• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 2 |OT| ...Maria...MARIA!!!

RSTEIN

Comics, serious business!
Diablohead said:
I just had a look and I can't see anything, it just says Gears of War 2 in both the guide, game details and on the my xbox screen.
WTF now I don't see it. Maybe I was seeing things or it was all a dream :lol

Edit: Last Day was the name of the Gears 2 commercial! Somehow that appeared on my guide... or not... :\

Shins said:
I've started a thread in Online / Matchup in an attempt to deal with organizing the public and private matches, so people can have a reasonable idea of who's into what before jumping into a party only to be met with disappointment or confusion.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=15274776#post15274776

But don't worry Zezboob; all Lost talk and MSN socializing will stay right here!
That's a damn good thread.

Oh I'm also finishing up the Season 4 finale right now. :eek:

birdman

Notice to all I Love You Man watchers: if you're not in the Aladuf-Renwood Gangbang club, screw you!

All I want to do is have some fun and watch movies, but I can't even do that because everyone is being huge dicks about private screenings and "ur working ololol." What makes I Love You Man fun is watching WITH you guys. You people booting me out just because I was still working really pissed me off.

I ain't gonna take this shit Aladuf, or should I say "Godfather"

DoomGyver

Normally when gang members have conflicts with each other they fight it out, or one gets killed.

Someone setup a bracket for 1v1's and whoever loses is kicked and forever banned from the kool kids klub. Put the bitches in their place, ya know?

whitehawk

Banned
RSTEIN said:
Yeah, that sucked. I've killed myself on River a couple times, too. These are the glitches to be addressed in the next TU:

6) Fix meatshield action.
When I press A next to a downed enemy, I don't want to roll forward into a group of people who want to kill me. I want to pick him up.
Ugh I hate this. The problem is that you can only pick him up if you are completely still, which is stupid. Let me pick him up while I walk. Just like picking up a weapon, or killing someone who is downed.

draven

RSTEIN said:
6) Fix meatshield action.
When I press A next to a downed enemy, I don't want to roll forward into a group of people who want to kill me. I want to pick him up.

Amen. With the hammerburst as my primary weapon, I down a lot of people, and the meatshield can turn one kill into two....EXCEPT WHEN I ROLL RIGHT PAST MY FREAKING DEFENSE!

Plain and simple, the A button does too many things...

RSTEIN said:
Question: Did Gears 2 originally have the subtitle "The Last Day"? When you have the disc in the drive and you bring up the guide the icon says "Gears of War 2 The Last Day".
The Last Day is a Gears 2 Premium theme. that's a contextual ad you are looking at.

whitehawk

Banned
draven said:
Amen. With the hammerburst as my primary weapon, I down a lot of people, and the meatshield can turn one kill into two....EXCEPT WHEN I ROLL RIGHT PAST MY FREAKING DEFENSE!

Plain and simple, the A button does too many things...
Not really. It would be fine if you could just pick up while walking.

Aladuf

Banned
birdman said:
Notice to all I Love You Man watchers: if you're not in the Aladuf-Renwood Gangbang club, screw you!

All I want to do is have some fun and watch movies, but I can't even do that because everyone is being huge dicks about private screenings and "ur working ololol." What makes I Love You Man fun is watching WITH you guys. You people booting me out just because I was still working really pissed me off.

I ain't gonna take this shit Aladuf, or should I say "Godfather"
olololololololol

MAYBE IF SOMEONE HERE DIDN'T HAVE TO WORK DURING THE DAY HE COULD GO SEE IT WITH US.

AHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

NOOB

flunkie jokes ftw

Animal

Banned
I played a game against some dude named Akuloff and he was glitching by going inside one of the bridges on Canals. The closest bridge to the spawn point on one side. Very frustrating to say the least.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
TU3 has been really awesome...but I had some weird as hell stuff happen tonight.

First off, I got into a lobby that showed my team and the other was blank. Sometimes that happens and it takes a little to show the names, but it was because the other team was ALL BOTS. I don't know how the hell that even happens, but it was 5 v. 0 until the game put nothing but bots for them.

Another was on Guardian. I'm not sure how spawns always work, but I was protecting the leader who was staying at spawn, and someone on the other team eventually spawned there and chainsawed him from behind. >_>

mernst23

Papercuts said:
TU3 has been really awesome...but I had some weird as hell stuff happen tonight.

First off, I got into a lobby that showed my team and the other was blank. Sometimes that happens and it takes a little to show the names, but it was because the other team was ALL BOTS. I don't know how the hell that even happens, but it was 5 v. 0 until the game put nothing but bots for them.

Another was on Guardian. I'm not sure how spawns always work, but I was protecting the leader who was staying at spawn, and someone on the other team eventually spawned there and chainsawed him from behind. >_>

Alternating spawns, staying in the spawn area doesn't work in guardian, you have to try and find a way to set a safehouse in the middle of the map, or rush as a group and have the leader hang back a little.

Gig

One man's junk is another man's treasure
Goddamn, the Scorcher is freakin' deadly when your host!! I was using for the first half of a match on Blood Drive, and boy, they were dropping like flies (during round I killed their whole team). I'm really starting to love the Scorcher, it's so great to use when your foes have shotguns out and it's a good support weapon.

Buckethead said:
Add "remove mortars completely" and that list is perfect.
I dunno, while I not played the game online lately I think at least one shot should be allowed and then the weapon is depleted, but it is an annoying weapon at first until you learn the best ways to avoid or hide from it.

Gig

One man's junk is another man's treasure
I don't why people hate the Mortar so much. Your given ample amount of time to avoid it and all you have to do is move to the side.

Gig said:
I don't why people hate the Mortar so much. Your given ample amount of time to avoid it and all you have to do is move to the side.

Well since the update the mortar seems to glitch a ton, and on some maps like River, I think the mortar is unnecessary due to all the other power weapons.

Shins

Banned
Gig said:
Maybe you don’t have enough RAM to understand this, Gig, but there’s such a thing as a a whored-out mortar.

Great string of wins we had going the other night PXG.

I've got mixed feelings on Gears 2. Dropped the game about 3 weeks after it released and decided to rent it recently to mess around with TU3 and see if it was worth taking a go at. Had some great games over the weekend. I do like some of the changes. The delay added to hurt two piecing is interesting and the shotgun seems a little more solid overall. My team got host a lot so can't really comment on the lag.

I think the only thing I really dislike about the game now are the frag and smoke mines. The pacing of the game just really takes a hit with that shit. Worrying about running around a corner to get hit by a smoke or frag grenade is really a worry I don't need and I'm not sure if it's a balanced feature considering the quick respawn times for frags.

I'm interested in seeing where the next Gears will be headed as aside from the obvious fixes like lag and bugs I don't know how much more can be done to dramatically improve the mechanics to fit the philosophy and direction they've taken Gears 2 in.

-PXG-

Dark FaZe said:
Great string of wins we had going the other night PXG.

I've got mixed feelings on Gears 2. Dropped the game about 3 weeks after it released and decided to rent it recently to mess around with TU3 and see if it was worth taking a go at. Had some great games over the weekend. I do like some of the changes. The delay added to hurt two piecing is interesting and the shotgun seems a little more solid overall. My team got host a lot so can't really comment on the lag.

I think the only thing I really dislike about the game now are the frag and smoke mines. The pacing of the game just really takes a hit with that shit. Worrying about running around a corner to get hit by a smoke or frag grenade is really a worry I don't need and I'm not sure if it's a balanced feature considering the quick respawn times for frags.

I'm interested in seeing where the next Gears will be headed as aside from the obvious fixes like lag and bugs I don't know how much more can be done to dramatically improve the mechanics to fit the philosophy and direction they've taken Gears 2 in.

You should have been with us last night. We were mercing the shit out of the other teams. I was crap at first, but then later stepped my game up. By the end of the night, I was playing this shit as if it were Gears 1. I was pulling off some crazy stuff.

I'll be on later no tonight (10:30 or 11:00 EST to whenever I get tired). I'm usually on late at night or in the morning on week days.

Papercuts

The meatshield pick up was annoying me a lot today, rolling past a downed enemy has gotten me killed/them revived so many times lately.

Quagm1r3

I'm not sure if any of this was addressed earlier in this thread, but...

-How is the netcode (compared to Gears 1)?
-Is host advantage still a problem?

Zezboob

Ok, again I'm done with the game till the next update :)lol)
Some strange points :
- On River, I was under the bridge and I suddenly appeared on the bridge because of a smoke grenade. Yay.
- I ran into two matches with lag switch. People found a new way to do it ? Or maybe they didn't get caught yet... dunno
- Still possible to enter in the Pavilion Spawn by behind, don't know exactly how, but opponents did it.
- Instant suicide with Boomer. Yay
- Instant suicide with Mortar.
- the Region Preference seems to work definitely better alone than with friends (impossible to get a decent game with friends)... personally it's totally useless then.
- the Region Preference manage sometimes to find people from your continent... to fight against people from USA. Cool, definitely what people wanted...

Waiting TU4, with a Region Preference option... because yes, when Gears works good, it's totally divine, despite some bugs.

Papercuts said:
Sometimes that happens and it takes a little to show the names, but it was because the other team was ALL BOTS. I don't know how the hell that even happens, but it was 5 v. 0 until the game put nothing but bots for them.
I ran into it too. Not sure Epic understood the point of the bots. The game should have stopped the party right at the moment it detected there was no opponents. Playing against bots is absolutely no interesting.

Gig said:
Goddamn, any weapon is freakin' deadly when your host!!
Fixed.

Quagm1r3 said:

-Still bad, shotgun is better in Gears 2.
-Yes.

RSTEIN

Comics, serious business!
-PXG- said:
You should have been with us last night. We were mercing the shit out of the other teams. I was crap at first, but then later stepped my game up. By the end of the night, I was playing this shit as if it were Gears 1. I was pulling off some crazy stuff.

I'll be on later no tonight (10:30 or 11:00 EST to whenever I get tired). I'm usually on late at night or in the morning on week days.

Dude. Don't go giving fucking orders before each match. Don't undermine my authority as the clan leader. I have the highest rank - I am the clan leader. So you keep your mouth fuckin shut. We don't need any advice from someone who goes like 1-6 four straight games.

Papercuts

Zezboob said:
Ok, again I'm done with the game till the next update :)lol)
Some strange points :
- On River, I was under the bridge and I suddenly appeared on the bridge because of a smoke grenade. Yay.
- I ran into two matches with lag switch. People found a new way to do it ? Or maybe they didn't get caught yet... dunno
- Still possible to enter in the Pavilion Spawn by behind, don't know exactly how, but opponents did it.
- Instant suicide with Boomer. Yay
- Instant suicide with Mortar.
- the Region Preference seems to work definitely better alone than with friends (impossible to get a decent game with friends)... personally it's totally useless then.
- the Region Preference manage sometimes to find people from your continent... to fight against people from USA. Cool, definitely what people wanted...

I ran into two lag switchers earlier too, fucking annoying. The bots that eventually filled in killed him a few times atleast, but damn.

When I posted that thing about the guardian spawn kill, it was on Pavilion. Didn't know that was possible.

Shins

Banned
Zezboob said:
Ok, again I'm done with the game till the next update
siren.gif
highfive.gif
siren.gif

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Mortar is great to control Annex/KotH points on the map, especially those who run headlong into the hill without trying to spot the falling mortar which is fairly easy to see...

I for one would never want it to leave, and if you've been rocked by a team like ours that incorporates it into our strategies, then that's too bad - try to take the guy out and control it is all...

Quagm1r3 said:

Netcode is fine provided when the region filter pairs everyone in a similar region, or those with a good connection - I've had matches against other continents where we didn't have host and we won just fine...

Never had a good connection against people from Australia, Mexico, Spain or France though, not even once...

And about host - again, if the disparity against the host & other teams is too huge, you'll clearly see who's host, but if everyone is in the same area, you won't even be able to tell who's host...

-PXG-

RSTEIN said:
Dude. Don't go giving fucking orders before each match. Don't undermine my authority as the clan leader. I have the highest rank - I am the clan leader. So you keep your mouth fuckin shut. We don't need any advice from someone who goes like 1-6 four straight games.

:lol

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo
I've been playing the Snowblind maps the past few days and I enjoy them so far. Not a big fan of Under Hill but Grind Yard and Courtyard were entertaining maps.

JB1981

Skilotonn said:
Mortar is great to control Annex/KotH points on the map, especially those who run headlong into the hill without trying to spot the falling mortar which is fairly easy to see...

Netcode is fine provided when the region filter pairs everyone in a similar region, or those with a good connection -

you won't even be able to tell who's host...

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot

-PXG-

Uh....why the fuck won't you let me join your party? :/ For real. You know how many grenades I (or you guys) could have avoided by now...

-PXG-

SwitchBladeKneegrow said:
Becuase your you?

No. I'm actually pretty pissed. Why let me your match and not let me join the party? We could have avoided so much shit if I could talk to my fucking team.

RSTEIN said:
:lol :lol

RSTEIN said:

:lol just :lol

Top Bottom