• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 2 |OT| ...Maria...MARIA!!!

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Got my level 100 wings, and it was my last Achievement for Gears 2 - it's finally complete to go with the rest of my favorite shooters...

Shouldn't even have been playing for so long, but screw it, I don't know when they'll ever give that much again, it was now or never for so much XP...

Karram

Finally managed to reach level 100 thanks to KOTH boosting. Now I'm trying to get my final achievement which is Seriously 2.0

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
14xp? Whoa, I'm still at like level 15 or so. I'll probably shoot way up if I play tonight, I will at least do some Horde mode.
I'm down, if anyone else is playing late tonight and needs someone to shit up their team, gimme a holla.

Jtyettis said:
I'm wondering how long he is actually going to let this go I mean it could get sky high before next weekend heh.
Anything to get gears noticed again to the online players on live :p

At 14x i'll be sure to play a few matches, didn't bother with the last xp event.

Anyway 14x isn't really 14 times, it's more like half that as the original xp was already x2 or x3.

i went from lvl 30 to 43 in about an hour during the last exp event and am hoping to hit lvl 60 next weekend.

koth boosting games were so easy to find that you really didn't need to bother setting up a game with friends.

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
Diablohead said:
Anything to get gears noticed again to the online players on live :p

At 14x i'll be sure to play a few matches, didn't bother with the last xp event.

Anyway 14x isn't really 14 times, it's more like half that as the original xp was already x2 or x3.

14x = 7x the current configuration (which is 2x) which is a lot.

Ballistik

2 Minutes Turkish said:
Ok I'm following hi now.

So jumping on Horde tonight.

Horde XP count doesn't it? It all adds to your XP be online or in Horde?
It all adds to your rank. :) You should wait until next week to play Horde though. So far, 14x XP in insane horde would be 3,500 per wave. Right now, its like 500 XP per wave normally. (Since it's 2x normally) Let's get this to 20x people!

2 Minutes Turkish said:
Ok I'm following hi now.

So jumping on Horde tonight.

Horde XP count doesn't it? It all adds to your XP be online or in Horde?

Horde XP definitely counts. During the x8 event, you got 2000 XP a round on Insane difficulty.

Aladuf

Banned
With all of the XP events these days, it's making me hate how much I was playing Gears 2 at the beginning of the year and how little I'm playing now because I got burnt out. I would love to get to level 100 before Gears 3 (only level 70 now) so I need to get into some of these XP events.

When do these EXP events start to take place? Any official link to an announcement on that twitter following thing? All i see is you guys talking about it on the forums...

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Holy SHIT.

When I last saw his tweet, he was at 3500 followers yesterday, and now he's at over 7300, which is as you all noted, over 14x XP! That is ridiculous - I made it from level 84 to 100 in 3 days with the 8x XP, with 14x, someone could easily go from level 1 to 100 in a day. Easily.

I never expected another huge XP event so soon, and definitely not THIS big either - kudos to Epic for this...

Gonna pass this on to the rest of my friends to give them the heads-up for their chance to hit level 100...

I've been following Rod on Twitter for months already so I won't be adding to his followers, sorry guys...

I saw this yesterday and he had just over 5000 followers. Just added him and now he has over 8000 followers.

That's crazy, in like 5 hours 3000 followers were added.

Gonna play Social KOTH next week and get those wings for sure!!

Ballistik

Rod Fergusson officially capped the XP at 20x. His followers surpassed 10,000 so it would of gone higher. We are going to have a 20x XP event sometime next weekend :D To have an idea how much that is, I borrowed this chart from the Gears forums.

Originally Posted by TooMuchSalt111
Isn't just going to be 10x what we get now? If I'm thinking about this right...

Horde:
Casual:... 2000 XP per wave
Normal:... 3000 XP per wave
Hardcore: 4000 XP per wave
Insane:... 5000 XP per wave

Other gametypes:
1,000 points in Warzone:........ 20,000 XP
1,000 points in King of The Hill: 5,000 XP
1,000 points in Submission:..... 7,600 XP
1,000 points in Guardian:........ 14,000 XP
1,000 points in Execution........ 19,600 XP
1,000 points in Wingman:........ 23,800 XP
1,000 points in Annex:............ 4,600 XP

And per kill:
Warzone:........ 3,500 XP
King of the Hill: 870 XP
Submission:..... 1,330 XP
Guardian:........ 2,440 XP
Execution:...... 3,430 XP
Wingman:....... 4,130 XP
Annex:........... 800 XP

Holy Shit!!

20 times EXP!! Next week, those wings are mine. Then I need to finish up 3 last Horde Achievements and the 100,000 kill achievement and i'm done with the game.

Getting 100,000 kills legit is somewhere close to insane to be honest. I used to want to get that far too.

Once I realized I'd never realistically make it that far, I could play again with no stress. :lol

Cuban Legend said:
Getting 100,000 kills legit is somewhere close to insane to be honest. I used to want to get that far too.

Once I realized I'd never realistically make it that far, I could play again with no stress. :lol
That achievement is pretty damn stupid. No sane person will get 100k kills by just playing through the campaign a couple of times and then multiplayer every now and then. You pretty much have to farm for kills, one way or another, to get it.

I've played Gears 2 multi a lot, but I'm nowhere near 100k kills.

Ron Fergusson confirmed that they will have Seriously 3.0 in Gears 3. I wonder how insane that will be. 1 million kills?

Cuban Legend said:

getting it legit might be possible if you played every day for a few hours but its still a long shot. I have played once a week since release and im still only at 30K or so

Minamu

AndyMoogle said:
That achievement is pretty damn stupid. No sane person will get 100k kills by just playing through the campaign a couple of times and then multiplayer every now and then. You pretty much have to farm for kills, one way or another, to get it.

I've played Gears 2 multi a lot, but I'm nowhere near 100k kills.

Ron Fergusson confirmed that they will have Seriously 3.0 in Gears 3. I wonder how insane that will be. 1 million kills?
Yeah, I've read on xbox360achievements.org that it would take 15-25 hours of pure single player grind to get 100k kills... Mind numbingly tedious indeed. And that's with the currently best tactic (Brumak level at the end of the game).

That said, I got more than 1k kills during the 8x exp event last time. Maybe 300 grind kills and 900 ticker kills in horde just by screwing around.

bumpkin

So who from the "old crew" who still has the game wants to team up for some Horde during the 20x XP event? Aladuf? Third? NubCakes? Flunky? :D

I'm in Australia and just bought Gears of war 2 off ebay for $25. I raged afterwards when I discovered that the game of the year (goty) edition is the same price somewhere else. After a bit of reading I found that it is essentially the same disc except it comes with download codes for a map and extra scenario. Is this information correct or is the extra scenario actually already on the goty disc?

Also the site selling the goty edition is a UK site. Would the codes have worked if I used an Australian Xbox live account anyway?

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
lucablight said:
I'm in Australia and just bought Gears of war 2 off ebay for $25. I raged afterwards when I discovered that the game of the year (goty) edition is the same price somewhere else. After a bit of reading I found that it is essentially the same disc except it comes with download codes for a map and extra scenario. Is this information correct or is the extra scenario actually already on the goty disc?

Also the site selling the goty edition is a UK site. Would the codes have worked if I used an Australian Xbox live account anyway?
The Game of the Year edition is just a vanilla GoW2 disc, with a download code for a package which contains ALL the DLC: Multiplayer maps, and dark corners.

Thanks for that. What is the go with redeemable codes on Xbox live? Would a Gears of war 2 goty edition code work with an Australian Xbox live account?

Metalic Sand

who is Emo-Beas?
Decide Carmines fate in Gears 3! :lol

http://www.giantbomb.com/news/help-childs-play-by-deciding-if-carmine-dies-in-gears-3/2341/
5ck7qr.jpg

Starting July 29, the avatar store on Xbox Live Marketplace will be updated with the two Gears of War 3 shirts pictured above. One says simply, "Carmine Must Die." The other, "Save Carmine." All proceeds accumulated from purchases will go to Child's Play, but whichever one nets the most will decide the fate of the COG.

Minamu

Diablohead said:
So it starts tonight? 20x :lol (more like 10x but damn thats good)
Yep, I've managed to find one ranked KOTH match so far. Really depressing :lol I performed pretty bad though and only got about 3500 points and that gave me almost 17000 exp :D So it must be active now (and Rod Fergusson says it's online).

Horde is Grinders and Boomers only for the first 9 waves, then Bloodmounts for wave 10. I only made it to wave 4 without any help :lol

Top Bottom