• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 3 |OT| BROTHERS TO THE END

Status
Not open for further replies.

h3ro

Just got home from work! Installing now!!

HYPE
HYPE
HYPE
HYPE
HYPE
HYPE
HYPE
HYPE

Smision said:
Is there a GAF GOW3 tag or something like that?

Read the OP. Gears GAF 3 should still have some openings.

AEREC

Got my copy played campaign for about 30 minutes...Im not sure if it's because Ive been playing on the PC lately with massive amounts of antialiasing enabled but I think Im ready for a new generation of consoles. This game looks a little messy from a "jaggy" standpoint.

minx

If anyone has an extra Mechanic Baird code and is feeling generous please PM it to me. If you do I can grant you a lifetime Neogaf Gold account and 1,000,000 space bucks. Gears for life!

B-Dex

minx88 said:
If anyone has an extra Mechanic Baird code and is feeling generous please PM it to me. If you do I can grant you a lifetime Neogaf Gold account and 1,000,000 space bucks. Gears for life!

Pfft I already offered sexual favors and got no response :(

Mupod

Strider2K99 said:
Ironically, Microsoft published games such as Gears 1-2, Mass Effect, the Halos, Alan Wake, etc. always had nice, thick, full color manuals. With Gears 3, it's like watching an empire fall.

I played the first Gears on PC, but I remember 2's manual being pretty pathetic.

If you want a laugh, you should see UT3's PC manual. It's literally a CD with a PDF on it.

Raxus

Strider2K99 said:
Same. What upsets me is that I saw the UPS guy I usually see earlier about two blocks away from where I live, but apparently didn't deliver to my house or maybe even the neighborhood.
I am in the same boat. This is driving me CRAZY. Thank goodness I have work to keep me occupied.

El'Kharn

RSTEIN said:
Shut this gen down. No game is going to top this.

I think i agree

Strider2K99 said:
Ironically, Microsoft published games such as Gears 1-2, Mass Effect, the Halos, Alan Wake, etc. always had nice, thick, full color manuals. With Gears 3, it's like watching an empire fall.

I was a little shocked with that piece of paper until i loaded the game up...then everything was ok.

If anyone is looking for some good horde action ad me, gamertag (xbl) Kharn01. would love to play with some gaffers

charsace

Adam Blade said:
I am so bad/rusty at this game. :(

Just doing Horde now on casual and well... it's not pretty. :x

Game looks great though.
Yo dog you need to add me to your FL. Lets play some gears baby, WWOOOO!

Satchel said:
I can't believe that after 3 games, and endless complaints and even a BETA, they still haven't fixed the shotgun.

Fucking hell.

Most games just come down to shotgun spamming, which mind you, the sawn off is as inconsistent as it fucking gets.

Glad all the lag is gone though. Game looks stunning.

I love the game, but the shotgun in MP is fucking horrible. Ihad the game since Friday and it was nice to play during the weekend, everybody was using Lancers. Now it's roll, shotgun, roll, shotgun...I lost my appetite. Acquired taste of course, but I feel the shotgun is so overpowered. Beast/Horde/Campaign are awesome, dont want to complain too much, but man...argh at the shotgun and rolling

Narpas Sword0 said:
If i download the 160pt cogpack dlc, will i be able to play as hoffman and other locked characters without leveling up? Or do i only get skins for characters i have earned ingame?

Anyone know? Are these gamerpics or ingame skins?

Superimposer

This is getting weirder all the time
Narpas Sword0 said:

I think that was released some months ago so I would assume it's gamerpics, don't quote me on it though, wait for someone who knows the answer

Narpas Sword0 said:
I'm not sure what you're talking about but I don't think there are any character skin DLC packs available yet, so you must be looking at an avatar pack. Especially if it costs 160 points...

I was kinda amazed at the size of the CE box. It completely dwarfs the Gears 1 and 2 boxes. In fact, it's about half a centimeter too tall for my shelf. :lol

Is there anywhere I can read a detailed rundown of the story in Gears 3? I haven't had access to a 360 for a few years, but I've played through Gears 1 & 2 and loved the story.

Blueblur1

Just got home. As I was driving up I saw the UPS truck down the street and my mom outside and feared that since she just got home that they drop anything off. But then I checked the mailbox and there it was! Installing now!!

jackdoe

Papercuts said:
It was added in 2.
Nope. It was added in 3. I've never been revived in Gears of War 2 by an AI. What they did add in Gears 2 was bleeding out of AI team mates on Insane, which meant that you had to rescue them or else you'd game over.

Also, got through a lot of Act 1. It's just not clicking as well as I'd hoped, probably because I'm not quite sure what to shoot at (especially with those gunkers) and probably because you no longer get sniper rifle ammo from those ammo crates.

Eric WK

I have Commando Dom and Savage Kantus codes for trade. Not really sure what I want, but if skins are somehow tradeable I'd be interested in those.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
jackdoe said:
Nope. It was added in 3. I've never been revived in Gears of War 2 by an AI. What they did add in Gears 2 was bleeding out of AI team mates on Insane, which meant that you had to rescue them or else you'd game over.

Also, got through a lot of Act 1. It's just not clicking as well as I'd hoped, probably because I'm not quite sure what to shoot at (especially with those gunkers) and probably because you no longer get sniper rifle ammo from those ammo crates.

Seriously? I could've sworn you did. I distinctly remember you just died in Gears 1 without getting downed, but thought they changed that.

Just finished campaign. Awesome game. Loved every second of it.

Me and a mate did it co-op and it was smooth as and glitch free as well as looking amazing.

Insane difficulty next for us.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
HawksWinStanley said:
And how awesome is it?

It's way more detailed than I expected for an avatar thing, holy shit haha.

Superimposer

This is getting weirder all the time
2th said:
took an hour and a half to beat the
lambent berseker
... so fucking evil!

Can someone please edit this shit? I can't believe this has gone unnoticed (from two pages back)... bit of a big spoiler right fucking there

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom