• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 3 |OT| BROTHERS TO THE END

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone looking for someone to play 4 co-op with the day it comes out?

I'm in if you're interested.

Edit: Never mind, I added myself to the Gears of War Dos account.

-PXG-

Be sure to send a FRIEND REQUEST. Not a message. Also, only add one. Don't add any more if you're already one a list.

Ballistik

Was there ever a confirmation of what Arcade mode for the campaign is? I'm wondering if it's safe to play it on that and unlock the achievements that way, or I'm missing out on something?

Gr1mLock said:
I agree about the latter. I'm not really arguing from the standpoint of not being able to deal with it more so than someone who used it and accidentally stumbled onto how good the retro really was. However this vid http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0tdnw-pR4GQ is what im talking about. Even if i wallbounce effectively the only thing that really has to be done to avoid you even dealing with me is wobbling around with hip fire. That kinda takes an element of finesse away don't you think.

OK, yeah some of those were a bit broken, but some of them were right in Gnasher range, or in a situation where the person on the receiving end would've been killed no matter what. IDK, the recoil in the vid posted earlier just seemed excessive. Like I said, hopefully the Retro is still decent enough to provide an alternative.

Drealmcc0y said:
Gnasher v Gnasher is what gears MP is all about

Gnasher vs. Gnasher is one of the things that sets Gears apart, but that doesn't mean the entire competitive multiplayer experience should revolve around it.

bumpkin

Ballistik said:
Was there ever a confirmation of what Arcade mode for the campaign is? I'm wondering if it's safe to play it on that and unlock the achievements that way, or I'm missing out on something?
Earlier in the thread I think someone said it's a sort of competitive mode where you try to outscore your co-op partner(s).

Net_Wrecker said:
It was "alright" in mid range. But keep in mind that "mid range" in Gears doesn't last very long at all. With the added recoil in the retail Retro, you'll have to control your bursts even more, which leads to being more careful in a game where you don't have much time to be careful because the Gnasher wallbouncing freaks are getting in your ass. I'm just disappointed that they kinda gimped a weapon that was a well balanced way to help out the people that don't have Gnasher skills in a way that wasn't totally broken like the beta SOS.
I guess I'm just ok with wallbouncing fellows because I think it takes a lot of skill to be really good at it. I'm less ok with people rushing with the retro and mowing down folks by just holding down a trigger.

I remember that youtube vid that showed just how devastating the retro could be (e. ah, already posted I see).

Utlimately, we'll just have to see how everything goes at release. I'm certain that Epic will be monitoring things like in the beta and we could still see a few tweaks, if indeed the retro was gimped too harshly.

-PXG-

v9e9E.jpg

Thanks Cliff.

LEGGZZZZ

For those worried about the retro, I wouldn't. Played a few matches today, and I was still downing people left and right. The main difference is that you always have to aim when firing, and effectively firing in bursts works very well two when your not in range.

The main difference is that the hip fire is really kinda pointless since the recoil is pretty strong. This is off of playing for about a hour today, plan to put some more time in and hopefully provide better impressions for you guys waiting.

Diseased Yak

Gold Member
Important Question: Are the mp weapon skins included in the Epic edition the same as the skins included with the Gears3 controller?

Just sent a friend request to Gears 3 Gaf dos. Name is Starrk RTD. Lookin forward to playing in 7 more days! Can't wait for some online campaign!

-PXG-

Diseased Yak said:
Important Question: Are the mp weapon skins included in the Epic edition the same as the skins included with the Gears3 controller?

Adam Fenix was removed from the controller. I think you can still get all five IO skins. MS didn't confirm if they changed that too.

I managed to put my controller code and get all five skins and Adam.

Anyway, I'm adding the character and weapon skin unlock list to the OP shortly. Why not?

kaskade

Preordered on Amazon with a 20 dollar credit, getting another 20 dollar credit with the game. I kind of haven't been following it since it's gears. Pretty excited going in partially blind.

Proelite

Vire said:
Any early reviews or impressions up yet?

Someone posted a fairly hefty impression in the first few pages that was pretty good. He wasn't a fan of the Gears franchise though, so I didn't take much away from his impression.

mernst23

In honor of Gears 3, I'm looking to Co-op play through Gears 1 and Gears 2 on Insane.

I'm about to start the gears 1 campaign in like 10 minutes, if anyone is down to join me just add my gamertag. (RockGotham)

DoomGyver

JambiBum said:
Disable them how? Turn them off so that you can't see them? I don't think so. Why would you want to do that though
Some of the skins are cool, some are ugly. Every once in a while I'd like to have everything look as if it's from the gears universe. I personally think the gold and flaming skins are ugly. It's not a big deal but it'd be nice.

kaizoku

I'm not as deluded as I make myself out to be
are any of the tags more Europe centric?

biggest reason I couldn't play Gears 2 with the regular GAF Gears 1 crew was cos I got a job and couldn't stay up til 5am playing with americans anymore :(

-PXG-

kaizoku said:
are any of the tags more Europe centric?

biggest reason I couldn't play Gears 2 with the regular GAF Gears 1 crew was cos I got a job and couldn't stay up til 5am playing with americans anymore :(

No. If someone else wants to make them, go ahead.

witness said:
Are bots still in the game?

Yes...

Gr1mLock said:
Has anyone complied a list of weapon changes from beta to retail yet?

Check a few pages back.

EDIT

Ah. Yes. Gears 3 GAF is full.

zlatko

Banned
Speaking of bots, I read here they are still idiots even on insane in multiplayer. Is it so hard to make the A.I NEVER pull out a smoke grenade, and have them ONLY use shotguns? The worst thing about them in Gears 2 is that they'll whip out smoke grenades and just stand still on cover twirling them, and only once in a blue moon do they ever use their shotguns. :/

ZROCOOL

aka II VerTigo II
Full Recovery said:
I can already feel this week dragging on..

COME ON, I just want the GEARS already.
Lol don't remind me. I kinda regret not putting in vacation for this week and next week because work sucks now

see5harp

Vire said:
Any early reviews or impressions up yet?

There is a preview of the first couple hours up at Kotaku. I don't even want to spoil any part of the game, but Totillo seemed genuinely impressed from snippets.

DarkChild

Banned
http://www.bifuteki.com/2011/09/gow-3-release-first-person-in-line-already/

Was this posted? :lol: First guy in line for Gears 3 release at Times Square already.
That’s right someone is already in line for the GOW 3 release that happens next week Wednesday. His name is David “Ultimizer” Tyson, he’s a Mortal Kombat player from the NYC area that I’ve meet and hung out with a bunch of times. Right now David is on Day 2 of his 10 day camp out for the last game of the Gears of War series. I think he’s got a lot of heart, but at the same time he’s nuts!

Grisby

Full Recovery said:
I'd be so bored, and I'd smell so bad. I feel for the second and third guys to line up behind him.

Just spray the guy with deodorant or cologne. He'd probably thank you as well.

I wonder what the wait record is for something like that? 20 days? A month?

JB1981

I could never do an OP but have to be honest, I HATE the font used for the banner and the rest of the artwork doesn't seem to gel with Gears aesthetic.

masterkajo

Want to play this coop with some friends locally. Do we need 4 Xbox and TVs or will 2 Xbox and TVs suffice (splitscreen on each) via LAN?

Vire

masterkajo said:
Want to play this coop with some friends locally. Do we need 4 Xbox and TVs or will 2 Xbox and TVs suffice (splitscreen on each) via LAN?
2 Xbox's and 2 TV's will do.

It offers two player split screen.

see5harp

masterkajo said:

You can system link two systems and play splitscreen on each if you want. That's how Gears 2 worked. Or you can play with 4 XBOXs with a TV for each if you each want your own screen.

masterkajo

Vire said:
2 Xbox's and 2 TV's will do.

It offers two player split screen.

see5harp said:
You can system link two systems and play splitscreen on each if you want. That's how Gears 2 worked. Or you can play with 4 XBOXs with a TV for each if you each want your own screen.

Ah ok thanks guys! That is good news. We can get 2 TVs and 2 Xboxs in one room no problem (maybe keep a window open though). Can't wait. 4 Player coop story mode is awesome!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom