• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 3 |OT| BROTHERS TO THE END

Status
Not open for further replies.

DoomGyver

Ken said:
5a6fdf41.png
I'm gonna take this one if no one else has.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
LEGGZZZZ said:
That's pretty much how it plays, save for a few close qaurter retro lancer kills/downs :)

Well, retro IS the CQC weapon. It's meant to be the shotgun for those who don't want to use shotgun.

LEGGZZZZ said:
Yeah that happened to me once or twice today.

You sure you had no damage at all?

It's not supposed to down at all at full health.

-PXG-

Alienshogun said:
I think that was actually released in a PR before Quinn even said it.

Something ain't right.

He's either taking damage before, or playing against bots who have ridiculous aiming abilities.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
-PXG- said:
He's either taking damage before, or playing against bots who have ridiculous aiming abilities.
Bots shouldn't matter. They specifically said "the sawed off will only down you if you're predamaged, otherwise it will kill you, or do damage."

Then again, Epic has been wrong/lied several times about a plethora of shit, so who the fuck knows, lol.

Kydd BlaZe

Mechanic Baird looks too awesome. Cancelling my Gamestop pre-order tomorrow, and headed straight to best buy immediately after.

X-Frame

PXG .. if I was apart of the first Gears 3 tag during the beta and without me checking there's no reason why I would've been removed right?

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
X-Frame said:
PXG .. if I was apart of the first Gears 3 tag during the beta and without me checking there's no reason why I would've been removed right?

I can answer this for you.

Correct.

P.S we should get our man musclyness on in this game.

That is all.

Now take some protein.

X-Frame

Alienshogun said:
I can answer this for you.

Correct.

P.S we should get our man musclyness on in this game.

That is all.

Now take some protein.

Lol. Yeah I'm excited to join up with you and the others.

I'm deadlifting every downed player I see. >:)

Can anyone shed some light on how the co-op is likely to work?

Can you have your own save playing by yourself and a seperate save that can only be played with the same friend? Or does the friend have to drop in and out of your one save. Thanks in advance:)

Kydd BlaZe

Alienshogun said:
Savage Kantus > all.
I don't feel like messing around with Amazon, or waiting for anything in the mail. Besides, Mechanic Baird is infinitely better than shitty Commando Dom :\

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
X-Frame said:
Lol. Yeah I'm excited to join up with you and the others.

I'm deadlifting every downed player I see. >:)

You DL em, I'll press em.

;)

Kydd BlaZe said:
I don't feel like messing around with Amazon, or waiting for anything in the mail. Besides, Mechanic Baird is infinitely better than shitty Commando Dom :\

Typically they deliver to me before 2pm, so here's to hoping the trend continues.

-PXG- said:
Adam Fenix was removed from the controller. I think you can still get all five IO skins. MS didn't confirm if they changed that too.

I managed to put my controller code and get all five skins and Adam.

Anyway, I'm adding the character and weapon skin unlock list to the OP shortly. Why not?

how was it changed? is it only for the people who haven't redeemed the code yet or was it for the newer batches of controllers?

after hearing about the fuckup a few days ago i went and redeemed my code to see what I got. Indeed it was the "Console Bundle". are the people that have this getting Adam Fenix taken away now?

JambiBum

maxcer0081 said:
how was it changed? is it only for the people who haven't redeemed the code yet or was it for the newer batches of controllers?

after hearing about the fuckup a few days ago i went and redeemed my code to see what I got. Indeed it was the "Console Bundle". are the people that have this getting Adam Fenix taken away now?
It was both. If you redeemed the code and got the console bundle then you get Adam Fenix. They stated that they won't remove him if you redeemed it in time.

LEGGZZZZ

Alienshogun said:
You sure you had no damage at all?

It's not supposed to down at all at full health.

No No No, I had damage, but I didn't go down completely, and I was shot fairly close. Sorry for the confusion, I'll play some more tonight and post impressions that are more detailed after playing through a few sessions. Just hope that someone will still be playing online when I get home tonight (the entire online population is like 40 to 50 people right now).

Sorry if this has already been answered, but how long will the season pass last? Is it a yearly subscription? It doesn't say in the OP.

Ballistik

LEGGZZZZ said:
No No No, I had damage, but I didn't go down completely, and I was shot fairly close. Sorry for the confusion, I'll play some more tonight and post impressions that are more detailed after playing through a few sessions. Just hope that someone will still be playing online when I get home tonight (the entire online population is like 40 to 50 people right now).
I'm pretty sure that number is deceiving, and it's just people in your region and not everyone. ( I know it has the same number for people worldwide). But tons of people have the game already. Has to be at least 1,000 on it. That's my guess anyways.

-Yeti said:
Sorry if this has already been answered, but how long will the season pass last? Is it a yearly subscription? It doesn't say in the OP.

It's not really a "subscription", all you're basically doing is pre-ordering 4 DLC packs that will be released in the coming year. They claim that buying them individually will cost you $45, so they offer Season Pass for the hardcore that are guaranteed to buy all the packs, at $30

For those who have it now and have played some MP, did they nerf the DBS at all, that was my only complaint from the beta. Especially when a whole team would use it, pretty much ruined the game, however everything thing else was perfect.

-Yeti said:

its valid for 4 major dlc releases, "minor dlc" which as far as we know only relates to weapons skins still costs but you will get character+maps bundles at least 4 times with the "season pass"

LEGGZZZZ

Ballistik said:
I'm pretty sure that number is deceiving, and it's just people in your region and not everyone. ( I know it has the same number for people worldwide). But tons of people have the game already. Has to be at least 1,000 on it. That's my guess anyways.

I felt like it was a little low as well, I live in Delaware, Northest America to be sepcific, and you xcan barely fill a team out with any real players. Still fun as hell though.

Ballistik

LEGGZZZZ said:
I felt like it was a little low as well, I live in Delaware, Northest America to be sepcific, and you xcan barely fill a team out with any real players. Still fun as hell though.
I'm pretty curious to find out what range constitutes a region.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
LEGGZZZZ said:

Ahh, good to hear.

Leveling must be fast for the first few levels. Some people I've seen playing are already 40-50s.

Dug

Banned
Can't wait into dive into this game! Even though I suck at it, at least I know it'll be fun getting my ass wooped.

StalkerUKCG said:
its valid for 4 major dlc releases, "minor dlc" which as far as we know only relates to weapons skins still costs but you will get character+maps bundles at least 4 times with the "season pass"
So do we get to choose which DLC to use the season pass on?

Ballistik

Dug said:
Can't wait into dive into this game! Even though I suck at it, at least I know it'll be fun getting my ass wooped.
Yeah I really hope this game grows on people even after it turned off so many with Gears 2.

I know lots of people right now don't care or are hyped about this game, but it would be nice to see that as time goes on after launch, the number of active people in this thread rises as more and more try it and like it, you know, as word spreads.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Shadowlink said:
Anything special given out at the Midnight launch?

The game.

Ballistik said:
Yeah I really hope this game grows on people even after it turned off so many with Gears 2.

I know lots of people right now don't care or are hyped about this game, but it would be nice to see that as time goes on after launch, the number of active people in this thread rises as more and more try it and like it, you know, as word spreads.

BF3 and MW3 both launching are sure to test it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom