• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 3 |OT| BROTHERS TO THE END

Status
Not open for further replies.

charsace

Just started playing the competitive multi today. Most of the people in TDM are fucking retarded. You share a pool of lives, yet people are still trying to run off and rambo? And the SOS in l trigger aiming needs to be slowed down a little because its fucking over powered. If you can't shoot from the hip with that in close and hit the enemy then you need to work on hip firing. At close range as long as someone is within 1/5 of the screen sized box near you and you aren't looking straight up then you should hit then, maybe even gib them.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
ergo said:
Qeustion: Do you get the achievement for beating the campaign if you start on hardcore?
Why wouldn't you? You will get the casual/normal difficulty one as well if you beat it on hardcore.

BigJiantRobut said:
See, that was my problem. It didn't feel like a break because
GUESS WHAT THE WILDLIFE DOESN'T LIKE YOU! HA HA HA

Given you went up against a leviathan I thought everything you went up against was just some kind of lambent-fish variant so it made sense they'd attack. I'll hush now though, I'll hush now though, it was an uninspired section if nothing else and I don't want to defend a turret segment any more than I already have.

I am loving this game's Campaign. Definitely the best of the 3. The only parts I didn't like were the length of the lambent beserker fight and getting the parts for the submarine. And damn this game is long. I'm around 9 hours in and I still have a chapter left in Act 4. Can't wait to finish tomorrow despite the fact i know the ending. Multiplayer is great as well. This is the most polished and complete game I have played in a while. GOTY material right here.

LosDaddie

Banned
Anybody want to get a game of campaign going? I've been playing TDM only, and now I'm ready for some campaign.

GAmertag is the same as on GAF.

EDIT: eh, I'm down for some more TDM or KotH too.

ZROCOOL

aka II VerTigo II
-Mikey- said:
Played with PXG and 2 others (gaffers?) for a bit tonight. KotH seems like the game mode to play for points. Getting thousands of points and tons of kills. Really awesome.

Rolling around with a good crew against randoms is hilariously lopsided.
That would be me. sB Arcade

GG

def sim

_dementia said:
Check your spam folder. It should have been sent on the 20th.

uh oh

I delete my spam folder religiously. I'm hoping they haven't sent it to me yet because I pre-ordered on the 19th but I get the feeling I messed up.

kuYuri

Is it me or is the AI fucking retarded when it comes to reviving you? I get that Epic wants me to play in coop, but sometimes I don't have people to play with.

I've died around six times now because the AI refuses to budge and come revive me, and there's three of them. I rarely had this problem in past games and it was just Dom. I'm convinced that it's glitched.

Strider2K99 said:
Is it me or is the AI fucking retarded when it comes to reviving you? I get that Epic wants me to play in coop, but sometimes I don't have people to play with.

I've died around six times now because the AI refuses to budge and come revive me, and there's three of them. I rarely had this problem in past games and it was just Dom. I'm convinced that it's glitched.
The ai revives me better than human players. Its like they drop everything to come towards me.

shinnn

just finished the ACT1.. fucking awesome.

some pics

201109212116391916xso.jpg

2011092116211612v9z2.jpg

201109212109211863b5h.jpg

20110921203650177zxkk.jpg

20110921203317173ky4v.jpg

2011092120274117199ql.jpg

201109212018501619z2v.jpg

20110921195621149ul6p.jpg

20110921194924142y9au.jpg

2011092116562740jbfo.jpg

I heard you can give money to other players in Horde mode? If this is true, how? My buddy ran out of money last night and I made the specific comment "Wish I could give you money so you could rez". That's great if you can do so.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Vampire Baseball said:
Played a lot of Multiplayer today and I'm in love with the Sawed Off. Idiots keep rolling into me and get insta-gibbed. I love it. :D
Even better when you kill two or three of them.

RAGE

Jaguar

Squall ASF said:
I heard you can give money to other players in Horde mode? If this is true, how? My buddy ran out of money last night and I made the specific comment "Wish I could give you money so you could rez". That's great if you can do so.
Hold LT over their body when you're right next to each other and you can give them ammo, money, or trade weapons.

Halfway through Act II and this game looks freaking AMAZING. The combination of pure technical prowess, great art, motion blur, extra detailed character models and smooth animation just combines to make a beautiful package. I know I've harped on the fact that I think they went too far from the grimy horror vibe of Gears 1, but this game looks great.

After not playing any Horde yesterday I finally dumped a couple of hours into it. So, so much better than Gears 2's Horde which was great just by itself.

It's unbelievable how much content Epic has packed into this game. I know people will feel some anger towards the DLC situation but that doesn't take anything away from just HOW MUCH is in this game.

I think I'm going to need to pick up the season pass. Anyone know when it 'expires'? I'm kinda just holding out to see if some info on the DLC packs get leaked.

Uzumaki Goku

Just beat the campaign.

I won't spoil anything, but let's just say if you liked a certain character, at least he/she goes out in a badass way...

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Vampire Baseball said:
Played a lot of Multiplayer today and I'm in love with the Sawed Off. Idiots keep rolling into me and get insta-gibbed. I love it. :D

I'm officially dubbing you "that guy"...

-Mikey-

SuperMalo said:
At around what time? I was playing KOTH with PXG and I assume a couple of gaffers as well a couple of hours ago.
Around 7-8 or so.
ZROCOOL said:
That would be me. sB Arcade

GG
Cool! I'll have to add you. :)

Uzumaki Goku said:
Just beat the campaign.

I won't spoil anything, but let's just say if you liked a certain character, at least he/she goes out in a badass way...
Pretty sure that is a spoiler by itself.

We have a spoiler thread now. Please put anything even remotely spoilerific in there. C'mon guys, use common sense.

EDIT: Wasn't pointing at members spoiler tagging their stuff.

DoomGyver

The SOS playbook:

1 Hide behind corner
2 Watch opponent pass by
3 Get close enough to gib
4 Kill opponent
5 Put your tail between your legs and run like a chicken to cover while you reload
6 Hope some dipshit followed you and gib him too.

Rinse, repeat.

MP is a mixed bag for me. I got good at Gears 1, suffered through Gears 2's online, now I'm back to sucking in Gears 3. Just can't get used to the way it plays. Sticking together is key, but the sawed-off makes it impossible to get to an opponent without being able to anticipate their reaction time exactly.

For example the most annoying thing happened tonight when I was using the Scorcher. Guy runs up on me with the Sawed Off, and I flame him good. He gets in close, BAM! I'm Picaso, he's just downed. Things tend to be anything but as favorable when the Sawed is in my hands.

I'll give it some more time, but the BF3 beta might whisk me away.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
I'm up to act four. I'm surprised by how much I'm enjoying this.

I do have one major complaint, though. In Gears 1, if I recall correctly, it felt like there were fewer enemies, so when you heard a Boomer it really meant something. It seems like this game both has WAY too many enemy types and throws too many of them at you at once. I'm not building up that same "ah, my old enemy, the Boomer/Theorn Guard/..." relationship I did from the first game. Everything seems to go down quicker and as a result all the enemies are blurring together more. There's no relationship between the enemies and I, if that makes sense (and doesn't sound completely ridiculous). Think the difference between the enemies in RE5 versus those in RE4.

It's a really fascinating situation, if nothing else.

mandiller

Vampire Baseball said:

leng jai said:

wenis said:
I'm officially dubbing you "that guy"...

Forgive me if I'm wrong. But isn't that the whole point of the sawed-off shotgun? It doesn't have any other purpose than super close gibbing. I don't see why you'd get up someone for using a weapon in the only way it can be used..

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
The lighting in this game is phenomenal.

Pic from Act 5.

http://i.imgur.com/gwnvX.jpg

mandiller said:
Forgive me if I'm wrong. But isn't that the whole point of the sawed-off shotgun? It doesn't have any other purpose than super close gibbing. I don't see why you'd get up someone for using a weapon in the only way it can be used..
Yeah, and if the guy misses the shot, its pretty much over for him if you're good enough.

DoomGyver

The SOS is almost like commando in MW2 only you have to reload, but there's an added bonus! You can kill multiple enemies at a time. Woo yeah baby!

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
Thank god they have a 'casual' multiplayer setting to ease me in. Normally I'll try multi at least once for a game, get destroyed, and then never look back. I'm actually having fun right now.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
mandiller said:

It's supposed to be silly...of course its a tactic, an annoying one, but a tactic none the less... chill.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom