• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 3 |OT| BROTHERS TO THE END

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teknoman

RedSwirl said:
If only ME3 were running on this version of UE3... and the PC version used DirectX 11.

*sigh*

Aww its not? Thats a missed opportunity then, unless they didnt have the tech available to them at the time.

Also please tell me we can use the
cleavers
in online matches or horde mode.

BobDylan

LeonSKennedy90 said:
Man, if we would have lost to those sorry ass kids talking shit after I got 20+ kills, I would've been pissed. Bosskoss21, step yo shit up son, lol.

haha yeah that was embarrassing. I like to believe that doesnt happen often

RedSwirl

Teknoman said:
Aww its not? Thats a missed opportunity then, unless they didnt have the tech available to them at the time.

Also please tell me we can use the
cleavers
in online matches or horde mode.
I think BioWare has just made their own enhancements to UE3 on top of ME2. The PS3 version of ME2 already runs on the build they're using for ME3.

Teknoman

Well maybe it'll work out for the best...still kinda disappointing since some of these lighting and particle effects are great. Act II is really knocking the whole
desolate wasteland
section theme out of the park...and I was hoping to see effects like those used in ME3 (not that it will stop me from looking forward to it).

The Locust architecture is pretty cool too.

Teknoman

Grisby said:
Hey just wanted to let everyone know we have a spoiler thread if you didn't see it.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=445878

On the tail end of act 4 and played some MP. Been at this game for almost 3 hours. Last games that did this to me Was Reach and Mass Effect 2. Crazy.

Heh I end up doing this with every Gears and Uncharted game. The campaigns are just so damn good I end up cutting through them within launch week. Time flies in MP.

dragonelite said:
Are people approaching the point again about every weapon being overpowered like in the beta?

Hope not.

jackdoe

Wow. I went through Act 4 pretty much bum rushing with a SOS. That was easy (on hardcore). Also, the plot developments in Act 3 were pretty lame. Captain America the movie lame. Hopefully that gets rectified in Act 5.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
LeonSKennedy90 said:
Does she sound like Claudia Black? Cuz that be hot

Also, I'm KoolAidShoto, I sent you that FR

Nah, she's just a white chick from the midwest, haha.

Ah, ok.

Yeah, I question people who FR me. I have limited space and often get friend spammed after matches, or hate mail. Just checking.

I'll accept in a sec.

2th

Banned
JambiBum said:
Yup. We've done hardcore pretty easily. Insane is another level though.
I did hardcore tonight. Trenches make it so much easier man. Smaller maps make beast so mcuh easier. Still fun as hell but so much easier. We had 2 berserkers on Hotel (on normal difficulty) around wave 10. It was hysterical.

Also got to play with John Dimaggio, the voice of Marcus Fenix, and it was a blast. The guys vocal range is simply amazing.

Jrmint

Holy shit Horde 2.0 is fun. Got through Waves 1-29 with randoms on Gridlock. I love the "RPG Lite" features to it.

But it definitely gets very difficult.

We weren't able to beat level 30, with 2 Berserkers. How are these defeated without the Hammer of Dawn? We assumed the scorcher.

JambiBum

2th said:
I did hardcore tonight. Trenches make it so much easier man. Smaller maps make beast so mcuh easier. Still fun as hell but so much easier. We had 2 berserkers on Hotel (on normal difficulty) around wave 10. It was hysterical.

Also got to play with John Dimaggio, the voice of Marcus Fenix, and it was a blast. The guys vocal range is simply amazing.
We've done gridlock on hardcore and checkout on insane. Got to wave 10 before we failed.
I want to play with you :D

Teknoman

2th said:

Wait, what? How?

jediyoshi

@markmacd said:
Gears of War 3 on the cover of Japan's biggest gaming mag, Famitsu cc: @therealcliffyb @MarkRein @GearsViking yfrog.com/hwhtrnpj
http://twitter.com/markmacd/status/116745811693535232

uLOYf.jpg

Teknoman

Jrmint said:
That's what I was thinking. They trying to make it look more anime for Japan or something?

Nah its just the artist's style. That same person (guy who draws the mascot) does the art for the mag cover most of the time. Its like how Gamepro had artist interpretations of characters on their cover back in the day.

jBF73rv3h1Nbc.jpg

Horde Mode.

Me as a Mauler
Kill four people at once with one swing of the mace = Happy times

The other videogames in my library are probably hating life now because all I ever want is Gears 3.

Even Versus mode with bots is fun. Gives me a chance to learn the maps and get the harder riibons with little trouble.

Oh and the guy who designed that "pop" when a sniper bullet meets a head had better have gotten a million promotions and live in a house made out of supermodels. He's the best.

Havok

Boy, that sure was a dumb final boss fight. At least RAAM was over quickly instead of dragging like that shit. Come on, Epic.

Teknoman

Unknown Soldier said:
Yo Tek, want to do some late-night campaign? What's your Gamertag, anyways?

TeknomanEX, but I still cant log in since MS is taking their sweet time. Up to 25 days business days until my account is back in my hands, and thats counting from August 30th.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Got to ~115 gnasher kills, 104 retro lancer kills, a handful in the rest of the weapons and a 2.6 kdr after day 2. This game is amazing online.

I really have to give them credit with Trenches. That map was a clusterfuck in the beta, but now it's one of my favorites in the game thanks to the underground area making it all flow together. Still think sandlot has issues, but I'm liking everything else.

Oh, and I dabbled in some other modes and I do think the SOS is pretty shitty in non respawn modes. Execution has never been a gametype I liked but now it's not getting touched with that gun in. I actually think it's fun to use on KotH, mainly because you have to be on the offensive with it.

Addnan

I'm from the UK, but pretty much all my friends are in USA. I have been playing on American servers and can't say I can really tell the difference. Its so perfect :')

Arjen

Got to wave 44 in Horde yesterday, we really wanted to do al 50 but it got to late for us working folks. Horde is really a lot harder now wave 40 was damn hard, love the whole upgrade system and boss waves.

Oh and i would love a Baird or a Dom skin, i have a Kantus and a Grenadier skin to trade.
Just hit me up with a PM.

Ugh, Multiplayer is so frustrating... especially when you have incompetent teammates and/or bots on your team.

Also, the more I play, the more I hate the SOS. Nerf it more, Epic! /bitter tears

I really do like the game though. I just wish I was better at Multiplayer and that it wouldn't be so frustrating.

Ballistik

Too.. Much.. Gears. Started playing campaign Tuesday afternoon. Finished it Wednesday at 3pm.. After that, non stop MP. Got to level 35. This game is too much fun. Love that sniper.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom