• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 3 |OT| BROTHERS TO THE END

Status
Not open for further replies.
I played a couple of hours yesterday and i'm really starting to like it more.
It's a bit much of the same gameplay in Act 1, but there is enough going on to make me want to continue. Hoping for a bit more variation later on, but i read that that will be the case.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
FateBreaker said:
Is anyone seriously going to go for Seriously 3.0? This seems like the most ridiculous Achievement ever.

It's grindy as hell but if someone REALLY wants it they can get most of it done in 1 minute private matches.

Teknoman said:
Nah its just the artist's style. That same person (guy who draws the mascot) does the art for the mag cover most of the time. Its like how Gamepro had artist interpretations of characters on their cover back in the day.

http://k.minus.com/jBF73rv3h1Nbc.jpg[/IMG[/QUOTE]

Man I read the hell out of that issue on a flight back in the day.

kaizoku

I'm not as deluded as I make myself out to be
Is there an online stats site like they do for Halo? Currently don't see how to see friends scores and compare etc.

Man, I need to find that instrumental 'Mad World' track.

Also, it seems the 'game over screen'-music isn't on the soundtrack. Or am I just missing it?

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
Yeah, every match I play I get more frustrated with the SOS. Especially when 4-5 people are using it in close range -_-
DevelopmentArrested said:
It was better when it was called Mansion
I like Hotel more than Mansion.

Detox

kaizoku said:
Is there an online stats site like they do for Halo? Currently don't see how to see friends scores and compare etc.
They call it warjournal and it will be up soon™ on the gears.xbox.com site. Can't believe they had so much time to make the game and stat-tracking didn't make launch.

Ramirez

This game is so good, the SOS is literally the only complaint I have about the game. Playing with friends is a must though, I wasn't having any fun by myself on launch night, but I've played with 4 friends every night since and it's like night and day.

Havok said:
Boy, that sure was a dumb final boss fight. At least RAAM was over quickly instead of dragging like that shit. Come on, Epic.

Whaaaa? The last boss in 3 is SO much better than RAAM. I was a bit worried when I read on here about people havin' to drop difficulties to complete it, but I only died once, it was fairly easy until the last part when there's like non stop enemies on top of the boss.

Darkone

From what i am reading here ppl are finishing the game pretty fast :(.
i was hoping for a loooonnngg campaine, and ign mentioned 15 to 20 hours long.

Fuck fuck fuck fuck, I just can't beat that
flying bitch at the end, no matter what I try. I get surrounded by fucking Theron guards and they down or chainsaw me while my team is suddenly on the complete other end of the map.

Ramirez

Darkone said:
From what i am reading here ppl are finishing the game pretty fast :(.
i was hoping for a loooonnngg campaine, and ign mentioned 15 to 20 hours long.

Took me about 8-10 hours on Hardcore.

so is mad world playing on gridlock a launch week kinda thing or is it permanent? i played in it a couple times today and it never came up. i hope it's always around, i really dig it.

Papercuts

SPACECADET said:
so is mad world playing on gridlock a launch week kinda thing or is it permanent? i played in it a couple times today and it never came up. i hope it's always around, i really dig it.

I've played on the map quite a few times and it only happened the most recent time I played, but it was on every round after the first. It seems trigger by something, but I dunno what.

JambiBum said:
Man up rule is going to be gone from execution and Warzone in the next title update
fans_war_faceauol.gif

Ramirez

I hear Mad World playing on a Piano at the Hotel loading screen, thought maybe I could go inside and play the piano to start it up, but no dice. :(

What is the man up rule?

Ramirez said:
I hear Mad World playing on a Piano at the Hotel loading screen, thought maybe I could go inside and play the piano to start it up, but no dice. :(

What is the man up rule?

Mad world plays on gridlock.

And I love using the
fire extinguisher
in the grocery store multiplayer map. Too funny

DoomGyver

I still have a Commando Dom code to trade for a savage kantus, pm me. (I'm going to work, and won't be able to reply to pm's for the next 10 hours)

Detox

Mad World on Gridlock is the worst thing ever. Playing a private match with friends who like to keep it competitive, losing first round 1-0 and that fucking song played every round until the game ended 5-0.

Ramirez

kingofthedead45 said:
Mad world plays on gridlock.

And I love using the
fire extinguisher
in the grocery store multiplayer map. Too funny

Yea I know, you can hear it briefly at the loading screen before a Hotel match as well...

Just went to level 40 on Horde. Not bad considering we only had lvl 1 gear to use.

And lmao, about people crying about downs. I tell everybody on my team at the beginning of the round: I play support, I'll be covering you with lancer fire and adding damage to take out guys faster. If a guy goes down, and it's my name, take it. It's what I'm there for.

It's a team game.

My K/D is 1.3 or something.

My W/L on the other hand, is a 3.0. And that's more important to me.

NBtoaster

As someone who would be playing this single player, who liked Gears 2 more than 1, not on the harder difficulties, and who would play little online is a new purchase worth it? Hearing mixed thoughts on the campaign.

Edit: screw it, couldn't resist. Game comes Saturday :s

2San

The Antitype said:
It's a team game.

My K/D is 1.3 or something.

My W/L on the other hand, is a 3.0. And that's more important to me.
Dunno W/L isn't that important to me either since some people I play with are terrible. I'd say points per round is the best indicator of skill.

JambiBum

Ramirez said:

What is the man up rule?
It's a sort of tie breaker if the time limit ends during a round. If the time ends the team with the most players alive will win the round. They added it for death match because it makes sense to. Warzone and execution it doesn't.

Also we found a pretty funny Easter egg on gridlock tonight that isn't Madworld.
It is in one of the pistol towers. It's the one on the left side of sniper if you are at the sniper. There is a hole in the wall that you can look through. There are ash people in the back. If you shoot the first one it reveals something. Shoot the second one and something funny happens

Madworld does play at the beginning of a game on hotel, but only for a second and only if you have the game installed on your hard drive.

I fucking did it. Finally. :lol

01ugcrq8q.gif

Ending:
Therons left me alone long enough for me to send that bitch-ass queen to hell. And Carmine lives, fuck yeah!

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
Edit: ^ Nice lol.
Blue Ninja said:
Fuck fuck fuck fuck, I just can't beat that
flying bitch at the end, no matter what I try. I get surrounded by fucking Theron guards and they down or chainsaw me while my team is suddenly on the complete other end of the map.
Hardcore difficulty?
Stay near your team so they can revive you. Also concentrate on bringing her down and use Hammer of Dawn, you can also use that on the Theron guards. Basically the thing is to not waste any time and try to kill the queen as soon as possible. I didn't even have to kill any Theron, the queen died before they could do any damage to me.

Meisadragon said:
Hardcore difficulty?
Stay near your team so they can revive you. Also concentrate on bringing her down and use Hammer of Dawn, you can also use that on the Theron guards. Basically the thing is to not waste any time and try to kill the queen as soon as possible. I didn't even have to kill any Theron, the queen died before they could do any damage to me.
Yeah, that was my downfall.
I thought I'd let my team handle the Queen while I dealt with the Theron guards, but realized I had to go all-out on the queen instead.

Dreaver

I got the commando Dom code. If anyone is intersted in trading it for Savage Kantus, throw me a PM. Edit: I would actually trade it for any other.

poor commando dom, i dig the skin. makes me feel like i'm playing contra. and with the liquid metal weapons it's like i'm in a jim cameron flick.

Marcus looks quite constipated on that cover.

If you've got the subwoofer for it, this game will pump the the surrounding block around your house full of bass.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
To maxcer0081 and Barrow Roll, thanks a mil for the trades, I just hit you guys back with your codes - and now I have all of the pre-order characters along with the Infected Omen skins through trading, so I'm happy...

It really shows how you shouldn't ever be influenced by leaked stuff too - the only reason I hated Commando Dom was because of the leaked beta and his unfinished textures making me think that he had a fucked-up haircut that I'd be looking at the whole time while playing him, when in fact, after watching a stream last night, he DOES have all of his hair, and I thought it was just his armor missing textures and parts... he's real nice I gotta say!

abracadaver

I hope they bring back Kim, Tai and RAAM as playable characters for multiplayer. Especially Kim, he was always my favourite. Right now Im playing C. Carmine.

Also a lot of Locusts are missing as playable characters, why didnt they include them ? They are already on the disc as they are enemies during campaign and horde. I hope they patch them in, all it needs is a character pic for the select screen.

Are there Sires in Horde 2.0 ? Havent seen them yet

Papercuts

I actually like the Commando Dom skin a lot, but with the COG I like to switch a lot. I've been 100% Sam so far, but I usually change to a Carmine and stick with them for awhile. When I feel like mixing it up I change to Baird. I never do that with Locust; I was always RAAM/Skorge, and I'll now always just be the Savage Kantus in 3.

I. HATE. The Sawed-off shotgun. Hate it. Really hurts the multiplayer for me. Now every time I see a guy sprinting at me, I just immediately back-roll, and shoot while backing up. If I don't and he has the sawed-off, I'm dead, cause god-forbid Epic ensure that every weapon actually requires aiming to use.

I can appreciate the S.O.S as a counter-puncher - It's a good keep away weapon if someone knows you have it. If someone charges you, it's usually their own damn fault that they're in pieces at the end of it. It's frustrating to watch people running around with one, though. I guess we can't have one without the other.

I seem to be getting popped pretty easily (headshotted) by the Gnasher, too.

Every Thrashball Cole I've seen so far has been a Gnasher runner full-time.

LEGGZZZZ

WTF at no Social Horde in Gears 3. Worst feeling in the world when half your team quits after making it so far. Don't tell their going to wait for all the map packs to release just like Gears 2. So disappointing, because otherwise, Horde is amazing... :(

supertears.gif

You know, I always liked the multiplayer, but this one Im getting hooked on. Started off kinda weak (didnt place much of the 2nd's multi and one single game of the beta), but after 2 rough games, I had to REALLY good games with some decent pubs, since I cant get any GAFers to group! >: (

Hammerburst.... man, so much better than the lancer in almost everyway, except with the obvious lack of a chainsaw. Sure, it leaves you vulnerable, but the feel of chainsawing someone down the middle makes me feel good (and probably means I need a psych evaluation lol).

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
Got to Level 40 on Horde last night.

playing Old Town with no ammo, no money, and no buildings when a Brumak spawns by the water

that's ok, it doesn't seem to me moving. let's wait it out and... it's moving

42x5Q.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom