• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 3 |OT| BROTHERS TO THE END

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lothars

mbmonk said:
Depending on the PC, of course, it would/will have better graphics. It's not an opinion.. it's reality. So I am not sure what exactly he would be jealous of. Other than the game not coming out on PC... which is a bitch because this game is top notch.

:-( <--- Sad PC gamer face
I would love Gears 3 to come to PC.

mbmonk

Lothars said:
I would love Gears 3 to come to PC.

Me too :). I didn't buy the first one on PC mainly because it was P2P multi (some other reasons as well - didn't enjoy the SP campaign, DRM, etc). When it comes to shooters I am pretty much a dedicated server whore.

Games like this really seem to rile up the PC Defense Force crowd.

Having said that, they should put the whole Gears trilogy on PC. Let everyone join in the fun!

AEREC

Gary Whitta said:
Games like this really seem to rile up the PC Defense Force crowd.

Having said that, they should put the whole Gears trilogy on PC. Let everyone join in the fun!

Im not really getting riled up, Im just saying the the image quality in gears is not all that impressive, it's still a great game...take it how you want.

I agree though, they should release the whole trilogy once they are done adding to Gears3 mp through DLC.

game doesn't look as good as the best PC games but who cares when it plays this well, and still looks great

its a great time to be a PC or a console gamer

oddworld18 said:
stumbled on another savage kantus code - anyone have anything they want to trade for it? i already have baird.

ps, DAT ACT III

Duder, I have IO skins and would love to do some sexy business with you.

pr0cs

I don't expect it will make it to the PC, not until perhaps the next gen starts.
It's rare to see a thread here that doesn't have at least one comment "I don't need a 360 I have a PC and PS3" which I'm sure pisses off MS to no end.
The 360 has so few exclusive titles as it is, I don't expect they'll 'give away' one of their last crown jewels.

mbmonk

Infamous Chris said:
Master race port begging lol. Never gonna happen.

It's not "begging" it's "requesting" ... on bended knee with a tear in my eye and a $50 peace offering in my hand (notice it's not $60). EDIT: just to clarify I think this game is worth $60.

It will never happen, but that is fine. Plenty of great games to play on PC. But have another great game never hurts :)

AEREC said:
Unless newer TV's allow you to enable anti aliasing in games then I doubt it.

LMAO!

KingJ2002

I started playing this game last night... the game looks really... REALLY good!

surprisingly good... i mean... the game really wasn't on my radar because of the fighting boom but hot damn is this game sexy... and surprisingly more fun.

and the first time in a long time that a game graphics blew me away.

i'm glad i bought it

Frester

Got to the start of Act 4 last night in co-op and played a shit ton of multiplayer and I'm loving it on all accounts so far. Kinda bummed that Hoffman doesn't unlock as an MP skin until level 50 though, he was my jam in Gears 1.

Up to chapter 3 and I'm really not blown away by the campaign so far. The set pieces aren't as memorable as Gears 2(the worm, remember the worm!) and I've encountered a few bugs that have soured my experience. Having said that it's still solid, the firefights feel more dynamic and the constant change in firefight scenarios keep things fresh.

AEREC said:
You should play more PC games then, the actual image quality in this game is terrible...the only impressive thing in this game is the lighting...other than that GoW3 is a clusterfuck of low-res textures and massive amounts of jaggies.

Im just starting Act 3 now so maybe it changes later but so far the game has looked a bit sloppy so far.

Ill never understand this, never. And I believe it to be factually wrong. I have experienced 0 jaggies.

what's the point of using a gnasher when there's the retro lancer which is much more effective in close quarters?
it feels to me like every weapon other than gnasher, digger and hammerburst is too much powerful.
basically gears3 is a rifles game, noone bothers using a gnasher.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Am I completely out of my mind, or did Bulletstorm look noticeably better than this game?

Prinny

Is this worth buying for single player only (no co-op or online)?
I never played gears 1 or 2 but I love Uncharted 1/2.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
zsephirothz said:
Yup, it is. If you liked those games, you'll love this one as well.

GhostRidah said:
Griffin aka Ice Tea is the best character to be, his lines are funny as hell, said something like "get your noob ass up" rofl
Haha, yeah. Definitely has the best lines.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Rez said:
Am I completely out of my mind, or did Bulletstorm look noticeably better than this game?

I was shocked at how good Bulletstorm looked.

But you're out of your god damned mind.

question about a character in campaign:

Does carmine die just before the fight against the lambant beserker at the fort that other COG faction? I'm not sure if it was just a random soldier or not but I haven't seen him after that.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
Tha Robbertster said:
question about a character in campaign:

Does carmine die just before the fight against the lambant beserker at the fort that other COG faction? I'm not sure if it was just a random soldier or not but I haven't seen him after that.
Nope. It was a random soldier.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
zsephirothz said:
Yeah, it's one of the most solid SP games around, especially on 360. If you enjoyed Uncharted, you'll REALLY enjoy this.

Ohwiseone

All I gotta say is
Mad world entrance
was frigging brilliant.

ACT III is easily my favorite act, I can't wait to see how this game ends at this rate.

LosDaddie

Banned
See You Next Wednesday said:
PC master race jealous? I do believe so.

Eh...PC-GAF will rarely let someone say a console game looks good without letting said person know that PC games look better. That's just how GAF operates, it seems.

pr0cs said:
It's rare to see a thread here that doesn't have at least one comment "I don't need a 360 I have a PC and PS3" which I'm sure pisses off MS to no end..

I doubt MS cares as much as some fanboys hope they do, especially this late in the console gen. And besides, as long as a game isn't on PS3, then I also doubt MS cares if it's on PC.

AEREC said:
Jealous of what exactly? Ive got a PC, 360, and PS3 and enjoy them all.

This.

I personally think Gears 3 is gorgeous. But then again, I remember playing the original Sonic the hedgehog on Genesis and being amazed then. I never thought I'd see what we're playing now. So when people talk about <comicbookguy>"Ugh...look at those low textures..my PC can do MUCH better than 2x AA"</comicbookguy> I just tend to scoff and be content.

cleveridea said:
game doesn't look as good as the best PC games but who cares when it plays this well, and still looks great

its a great time to be a PC or a console gamer

There are 3 PC games I have played that looked as good as this game. Witcher 2, Crysis 2 & Crysis 1 with graphic mods. There isn't a slew of games across the board of any console or PC that looks as good or as advanced as Gears 3.

joelseph

Dosia said:
I actually agree. I just built my first gaming PC a few months back and after playing crysis and witcher 2 the graphics in gears are nothing special. Im also playing gears on a 65vt25.

These posts, why?! No one is attacking your Witcher 2 on the PC you built. Congratulations on being awesome and owning a 65vt25 haha.

Rez said:

I've played both and didn't think so. Definitely a different, more vibrant stye to Bulletstorm. I just feel like Gears has a lot more detail and polish.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
Flashback Map Pack only going to have one map from Gears 1? Fuck that. I don't even remember any of the maps from Gears 2 because that's how awful it was. Admittedly, Clocktower is a great choice, but I'd like to have War Machine & Canals replace shit from Gears 2 (or added >_>).

Ramirez

JambiBum said:
Madworld does play at the beginning of a game on hotel, but only for a second and only if you have the game installed on your hard drive.

Really late on this, but I hear it every time and don't have it installed. :p

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
I guess this is a lighting thing, but man, looking up at some of the buildings during the Cole section in Act 1 (and obviously throughout the game), there's something about them that makes them look massive. It reminds me of that bit right at the start of Crysis 2 when you walk out a gate onto a street between two skyscrapers (that's about all I've played of C2, unfortunately). Can anyone clearly articulate what it is I'm getting at here?

At chapter 4. so.. this is the ONLY time all campaign the game has wowed me visually. And this is only in reference to :

the hammer hit city
it had the right balance of lighting, simple enough texture and it had that "look" and it looked great.

also thought that the
car driving sequence where you had to protect dizzy+fuel
looked kind of fancy but the whole sequence was completely stupid and a waste of time - for them to spent all that time modelling it and for it to play out with no real challenge... was ... just bad.
shoot a pipe, shoot a flying thing. shoot 1-2 crabs

There are a lot of sections in gears3 which play out with very little sense of purpose. A palpable lack of tension.
rescue anya bit where you have to drive out to get her
I expected more of a drive out, but you got to her in less than 40 seconds, and then you kind of just raced back. They had you in
a car and I thought you'd shoot things, then the car flipped and you were back to normal gears gameplay
A lot of little snippets of nothing sequences.

I'm not loving the single player campaign. There's a sense that... its just eh. The boss fights are really embarassing.
gunker fight in the elevator. die revive, shootdie revive, shootdie revive, shoot...
didn't even really have to dodge or move.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Maybe Epic gets amazing feedback from the general public regarding turret sequences or on-rail box sequences, but man, they were a shame in Gears 2 and they don't exactly suck less now.

Also, what was up with disarming the bombs in Act 3 for all of -- hmm -- two bombs in clear sight before never revisiting that again?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom