• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 3 |OT| BROTHERS TO THE END

Status
Not open for further replies.
CcrooK said:
Finish it out.

All I can say is that the game is left me with more questions. Aside from the whole "Mariaaaaa!" nonsense in 2, I thought it was pretty solid. And the ending was fantastic because it left you mystery about the whole reasoning behind why Marcus' dad was like "what have you done?"

3...eh. It's just got a lot of loop holes (video game stories. lulz. I know) but there were many parts of the story that just filtered in and pointless. This is just my view as others I'm sure will really enjoy the story for what it is. I was just looking for something a little more than what was explain and concluded. It's a damn fine game. Probably going to be my Game of the Year.

You're looking at the wrong series for that. Nevertheless, the game is entertaining and that is what matters.

DanielJr82

Gears of War 3 reminds me once again I have NAT problems. Fucking Linksys can't handle more than one Xbox at a time it seems. Either mine is "Open" and my brother's "Strict" or the other way around. Anybody know of any work arounds for this? At least have both moderate or something? Strict sucks. I can't get into any games!

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
DanielJr82 said:
Gears of War 3 reminds me once again I have NAT problems. Fucking Linksys can't handle more than one Xbox at a time it seems. Either mine is "Open" and my brother's "Strict" or the other way around. Anybody know of any work arounds for this? At least have both moderate or something? Strict sucks. I can't get into any games!
Put it on DMZ, so that all ports are open.

LowParry

Digital-Hero said:
You're looking at the wrong series for that. Nevertheless, the game is entertaining and that is what matters.

I wasn't expecting like crazy Kojima quality but still. Suppose I best just keep my "play the game for story" in check. I enjoyed it for what it told but like I said. I was left with more questions than answers. I guess maybe some of that filler will come in with DLC.

anyone feel free to add me on xbl. most of the friends on my list now don't play xbl or aren't on gears and i'm looking for some people to join with when i'm on. randoms are just too quiet.

xbl: NEONBEAR

darthbob

CcrooK said:
So yeah. In terms of story. Gears 2 > Gears 1 > Gears 3.

3 was just fucking terrible. At least the MP makes up for it all cause it's all really really fun. And Horde mode is a blast. Too bad Beast is too easy and so short.

Just hit 30 btw.

Any freebie codes out there btw?

Seriously?

Go check the Gears of War page on Facebook, you can get a code to get a character.

DanielJr82 said:
I finally got fed up with my Linksys WRT 160 and bought an Apple Airport Extreme. And Finally both my Xbox and my wife can be connected at the same time with Open NATs.

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
Anyone down to run a 5 man horde?

GT: A dmg04

PS- Sorry for missing an invite earlier, pxg, i was finishing up a beast match

Alienshogun said:
Yes, you're the only one.

The bigger round size means headshots are easier to pull off now (active makes larger rounds).
Are you sure about that? Either active or normal reload, it always feels the same to me. A power weapon that ain't really one anymore, I just don't see a point in picking it up since every other power weapon is much more useful. Torque Bow, for instance, a hit gets you a kill, no matter if you hit your enemy in the toe or in the head.
Infamous Chris said:
Question to anyone who bought the LE console:

Does the DLC come inside the game case?
One was on the metal ring thing you get in the game itself, the other one was in the game case.

exYle

I've got a Commando Dom and a spare Infected Omen skin set available for trade, any takers? I'd sure like me one of them Savage Kantus...

dmg04 said:

You got a set a few hours aside for that, but I'll be down for that tonight after I take care of some real life shit, definitely. I hit you up with a FR.

dmg04 said:

I'm definitely down and I can bring my wife in too. But we're not available until 6:00 to 6:30 pm PST at the earliest.

Eric WK

Looking to get into a good group for multiplayer. Sick of playing with randoms.

GT: Eric WK

exYle said:
I've got a Commando Dom and a spare Infected Omen skin set available for trade, any takers? I'd sure like me one of them Savage Kantus...

I'll do the skins for a Savage Kantus. Unfortunately the only other code I have is for the Commando Dom or I'd offer that, as well.

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
My GOD the SOS is for BITCHES.

Seriously, keep hiding behind fucking walls and shit. You're totally good at the fucking game.

Went from "not feeling this game and it's too easy" to "Best Gears Ever and just about nicely doable on hardcore".

Best gears ever, and i'm only on Act IV.
Art direction is really really good. Sure, there wil be flat ugly textures here and there, but that's just hardware limitation.

Well done... woaw, can't stop playing it. Microsoft, you can start sucking Cliffy B's and his co-workers's cocks and pussies now. They've earned it.

XxCGSxX

The Retro Lancer is fucking awesome, started using it and never looked back. SoS users do nothing to me anymore now that I use the Retro Lancer.

2th

Banned
I have an extra Adam Fenix code i would trade for Mechanic Baird or Savage Grenadier Elite.
Also have an extra IO weapons skin code i would be willing to trade for either. PM if interested.

Does anybody know an easy way to get the build 5 fortifications in a deployment pin? When ever I do it, it doesn't give me the pin. Startin to think it might be glitched.

BigNastyCurve said:
Having major problems getting a horde game going :(
I had to wait 10+ minutes to get a match going a little while ago. :/

45363vlp1e.png

Jrmint

Dat Act 3

Never imagined Gears would bring tears to my eyes.

Seriously Epic, incredible work making me care so much about these characters. So mad I have to go out of town this weekend.

Btw PXG, will you be accepting the friend requests for Gears Gaf 4 soon?

The core gameplay of Gears of War clearly does not lend itself to competitive gameplay.

Loosely bouncing around like jack-rabbits on crack, vaguely aiming in the general direction of the enemy with shotguns is the opposite of fun.

There is a reason this franchise will never reach the heights of Halo or CoD in the online realm.

Does anybody know an easy way to get the build 5 fortifications in a deployment pin? When ever I do it, it doesn't give me the pin. Startin to think it might be glitched.

LosDaddie

Banned
Who is game for Horde mode in about ~1hr? I'll be getting on XBL then and would like to get a party going.

And I'm talking about possibly doing all 50 waves too.

Let me know. GT: LosDaddie

LosDaddie said:
Who is game for Horde mode in about ~1hr? I'll be getting on XBL then and would like to get a party going.

And I'm talking about possibly doing all 50 waves too.

Let me know. GT: LosDaddie

I'm down.

Sending FR.

Robot Pants

The Antitype said:
The core gameplay of Gears of War clearly does not lend itself to competitive gameplay.

Loosely bouncing around like jack-rabbits on crack, vaguely aiming in the general direction of the enemy with shotguns is the opposite of fun.

There is a reason this franchise will never reach the heights of Halo or CoD in the online realm.

Right. It needs auto-aim instead. Gotcha.

Aspiring

im not usually one to complain about such things, but man, what the fuck is up with the shitty 2 page leaflet they call a manual? Are they really that expensive to make? And i thought Activisions were bad.

Genesis Knight said:
You don't like it that way? I don't understand.

It doesn't lose accuracy when you full auto, so why not?
The ROF has been capped. It felt much better when you get shots off as fast as you could pull the trigger in Gears 2. The hammy is a precision weapon, not an assault rifle like both lancers.

Awesome matches there with PXG and company. Sorry if I stole a kill or two, not my intention, I'm just trying to get back in shape with the hammerburst and I get a little too hot mashing it :p

You can kill my downs btw, no worries.

Reluctant-Hero said:
The ROF has been capped. It felt much better when you get shots off as fast as you could pull the trigger in Gears 2. The hammy is a precision weapon, not an assault rifle like both lancers.

Okay, that makes sense. I just don't get why you would choose to spam the trigger when it's full auto, like the other guy said.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom