• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 3 |OT| BROTHERS TO THE END

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grisby

Volimar said:
Where's the picture? I can't seem to find it.

Wait till the bells start tolling near church. The pic only appears at that time and is located near the back of the chapel on its side. Its a bit hard to see. Shot it and whoo!

Proelite

Finished the game. The total campaign is a step below Gears 2 for the first run, but the highs were better (last two acts OMFG) and the lows are not as low (No bullshit turret / vehicle sections). I definitely myself replaying the campaign for a longer time compared to Gears 2's campaign.

+ Graphics reminds me so much of Uncharted that they could be made with the same engine, except with better lighting and worse image quality.
+ Dialogues are very well written for the most part.
+ A lot of good firefights worth revisiting.
- Too easy for the most part
- First two acts have pacing issues.

On to the versus, horde and beast!

.hacked

finished the campaign today, played it in 3d on our 3d TV. What an amazing experience. Wish they would rerelease Gears 1&2 with 3d support.

malfcn

You can boost Onyx skins in private. So much for them being required on LiVE players. Some of the medals will take a lot of grind. But I think 3.0 is obtainable.

Grisby

tjohn86 said:
Anyone have any tips for multiplayer? This is the first I've played online and God I am terrible.

Don't be afraid to engage. If you hang back try to snipe with the Lancer. If you go in close combat whip out the gnasher and prepare to be baptized or do the preaching.

Go for grenades or power weapons. Always stick with a buddy if you can even if your not chatting.

snack said:
KOTH is so damn awesome!

This.

KOTH and CTL are the best modes in the game by a wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiide margin.

Not including Horde mode 2.0 of course. :D

Finally unlocked the classic Marcus skin. Pain in the ass.

george_us

This game is so odd at times. It's the middle of Act IV and I'm just now seeing regular ole'
Wretches
for the first time? Weird.

RBK

Banned
The end of Act 3 was laughable and kinda sad at the same time. Epic Games isn't the best when it comes to trying to bring emotion into a game.

DRE Fei

LeonSKennedy90 said:
Do private/offline medals go towards unlocks? Someone told me otherwise
I haven't tested all of them, but the private matches have been unlocking stuff for me so far. I love that xp can be gained in every mode. They really have something for every type of player in this game.

On separate note, I'm not liking the retro lancer very much. Such a pain to use outside of short range. It's a good thing you can get the unlocks for this in horde because that's the only place I'm going to use it.

vitaminwateryum

corporate swill
Does anyone mind hopping into co-op with me and two other guys for a little bit? One of the pubs we had just quit right before the end of Act 5 Chapter 5. We're playing on insane.

Nvm.

george_us

Oh god this
armored kantus fight is so bad. Serapedes and a lack of explosives make this the whole encounter annoying as fuck.
All of Act IV has been pretty terrible. The encounters have been repetitive.

For everbody who's still complaining about the SOS: Just keep playing the game until you reach level 40-50, at this point SOS will barely be used by your opponents. Instead, you'll get raped by all the gnasher people and guys who know how to play this game as a team.

Dacon

Banned
Holy shit.

Me and one of my female friends took down an entire bosswave alone, fucked a Lambent Berzerker right up.

Volimar

Dacon said:
Holy shit.

Me and one of my female friends took down an entire bosswave alone, fucked a Lambent Berzerker right up.

My brother and I got to wave 39. We died a lot on boss waves till they changed to something manageable like the brumak or savage corpsers.

Bread

Banned
Anyone want to play horde? I just did matchmaking and 2 kids stopped playing in round 28 so we lost... I hate playing with randoms.

ultim8p00 said:
1. Stick with your team, always. Never go somewhere alone.
2. Press the right stick while aiming at an enemy to spot them for your team.
3. Active reload, always.
4. It's not about you, it's about the team. It's better to not die than to get a kill.
It's actually the left stick you need to press to spot enemies.

2th

Banned
been playing with PXG and did some horde 1 to 50 on casual. Those berzerkers are a fucking pain. They wreck everything in your base.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
george_us said:
Oh god this
armored kantus fight is so bad. Serapedes and a lack of explosives make this the whole encounter annoying as fuck.
All of Act IV has been pretty terrible. The encounters have been repetitive.
They give you grenades out the ass on the sides of the area.. and you kill a shit ton of boomers in the encounter before it. Had no problems on Hardcore.

-PXG-

Beast on Insane is just annoying, but doable.

I played end beat horde on Overpass with some Epic dudes. It takes forever. Also reached level 50 and played a few ranked TDM matches as well. I would have gotten it much sooner if I had played nothing but versus tonight.

madmackem

Played with some friends last night, it was there first games on it and i know the maps pretty well so they were taking notice of what i was saying about postions to hold etc and we pretty much pwned all night and they love it now. It was running extra smooth also last night you could really feel those servers doing there job.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Just beat the campaign. Fucking incredible through and through to me, act 3, 4, and 5 are all some of the best in all of gears to me. I really liked the ending as well.

-PXG- said:
Beast on Insane is just annoying, but doable.

What units do you recommend? Someone else suggested Tickers-only for the first few rounds, the spamming Serapedes, with a Berserker for Round 12. Checkout also seems to be the easiest map.

The Antitype said:
Can I ask why a shotgun blast to the face doesnt stop the bayonet charge?
you just gotta roll to the side, man. i've tried timing it out to hit them before they get me and it just seems to warp into a magnetic retro bayonet kill. roll the side, shoot.

SPACECADET said:
you just gotta roll to the side, man. i've tried timing it out to hit them before they get me and it just seems to warp into a magnetic retro bayonet kill. roll the side, shoot.

Either that or use the SOS. Timing is strict it but definitely works. I wouldn't risk it with the Gnasher, though.

The Xtortionist said:
Either that or use the SOS. Timing is strict it but definitely works. I wouldn't risk it with the Gnasher, though.

Yeah. I don't know what I was thinking, that maybe there was SOME risk to charging at a dude with a bayonet. My bad.

JambiBum

The Xtortionist said:
What units do you recommend? Someone else suggested Tickers-only for the first few rounds, the spamming Serapedes, with a Berserker for Round 12. Checkout also seems to be the easiest map.
We did checkout. It really flew by. Mostly tickers with savage drones and kantuses thrown in. Used the pedes too. Didn't even need the berserkers. Only came close to failing once.

XxCGSxX

Are servers down at the moment? Just finished playing and in the last couple of hours even with different match searches we got host migrations + stalemates when the matches began, then it reloads the map. Also really obvious movement lag etc.
Also quick question, Do quick matches also run on servers? Or are they only for Ranked? Thank you!

FStop7

Banned
Sometimes this game... finished a match (TDM as Locust) and while one of my teammates ran through a long execution animation on the final victim, the other surviving teammate and I stood over the body and kicked it like a couple of mutant schoolyard bullies. And at that exact moment as we acted like complete children the "Welcome to the Big Leagues" achievement popped for me. It's like Epic knew.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom