• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 3 |OT| BROTHERS TO THE END

Status
Not open for further replies.

Superimposer

This is getting weirder all the time
skyfinch said:
Silly question but when I go to do an execution, the character does the face punch animation rather than the specific weapon execution. What am I doing wrong?

You need to unlock the executions. 200 kills for a standard weapon, 40 for power weapons.

Fantasmo

Is it possible to play splitscreen online with a Guest (non account holder)?

If so, how? I keep getting a message that you can't .

Fantasmo

Superimposer said:
Yep. You press Y in the main menu and it all becomes self-explanatory from there.
I tried that. I kept getting errors that says I can't. I tried Horde online with my account, and guest xbox live and it wouldn't let me. Ill boot up again and tell you the exact message if I don't succeed again.

Do you have a step by step?

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
_dementia said:
I had the opposite happen. I press X to help out a friend, but instead the game prioritized taking the downed opponent as a meatshield. Friend died :(

Tap X to revive, hold to pick up ammo/revive people.

JB1981

A word of advice: DON'T PLAY FUCKING KOH IF YOU AREN'T WILLING TO SACRIFICE YOURSELF TO BREAK A RING OR CAP ONE. So annoying.

Servers aren't laggy at all this morning on my end.

Fantasmo

Okay so I tried to do a standard Horde (to play online) and I get a message that says

Feature Unavailable
This feature is not available to guests. Sign in with your gamer profile to use this feature.

I have my Gold account logged in, FantasticBuns.

My friend is signed in with the Guest Xbox Live account, FantasticBun(1).

What am I doing wrong?

Draft

Last boss is very tough. Seems like it was maybe balanced around having 4 human players instead of 2 humans and two useless AI robots.

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
junkster said:
Okay so I tried to do a standard Horde (to play online) and I get a message that says

Feature Unavailable
This feature is not available to guests. Sign in with your gamer profile to use this feature.

I have my Gold account logged in, FantasticBuns.

My friend is signed in with the Guest Xbox Live account, FantasticBun(1).

What am I doing wrong?
This feature is not available to guests

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
junkster said:
Exactly, that's what I'm getting...
So as I mentioned, I can't play Horde or anything online with my friend, can I?
I don't know if this game does split screen, but maybe if he gets a gold account it'll let you guys play?

Fantasmo

dmg04 said:
I don't know if this game does split screen, but maybe if he gets a gold account it'll let you guys play?

At first I was hoping there was a way. Now it seems pretty accurate that you cannot play online with friends with a guest account.

If someone knows otherwise please let me know.

We are not paying $60 for a day of splitscreen online. That's absurd.

Draft said:
Last boss is very tough. Seems like it was maybe balanced around having 4 human players instead of 2 humans and two useless AI robots.
nah man it was super easy did you play insane?
I played in on hardcore on my own in about 5 tires I beet the game.

MacBosse

junkster said:
At first I was hoping there was a way. Now it seems pretty accurate that you cannot play online with friends with a guest account.

If I remember correctly it could be done in Gears 2. But if your pal have logged in as yournick(1) and it doesn't work than it seems they changed it.

I can give you a gold trail code if you want. Don't want to see anyone miss the glory of splitscreen horde.

Superimposer

This is getting weirder all the time
junkster said:

You can play online, just not on Horde I would assume. I definitely did it with my friend, also with the guest account, last week. Didn't try Horde though.

Fantasmo

Jadedx

Banned
Plasmid said:
Finished with 39 last night.

Wake up this morning to see me having a 38.

The fuck is this shit epic?
You quit before the designated quiting period, if you do that they take away points.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Jadedx said:
You quit before the designated quiting period, if you do that they take away points.
When is the designated quitting period? I've wondered this. Is it between aft ribbons are awarded for one game to the time the timer starts for beginning the next?

Jadedx

Banned
enzo_gt said:
When is the designated quitting period? I've wondered this. Is it between aft ribbons are awarded for one game to the time the timer starts for beginning the next?
Yep, you have to quit before the timer counts down or they take away points, I lost five levels before I found out.

Willeth

Wow, the chapter length at the end of Act 2 is really short. Just went through from half-way through Act 2 to Act 3 Ch3 in Insane Arcade, and it surprised me. Also, in Act 3 Ch1,
that Lambent Zerker must have taken twenty minutes to beat. Holy hell.

Oh, and for the new page: I'm only missing Mechanic Baird. If anyone has a spare I can swap it for a Savage Grenadier Elite.

I am pretty fed up with the F'n retards online that don't revive downed teammates. Do they realize that you get points from doing it. I was playing horde mode with these turds....so frustrating. I would understand if they were too busy killing shit, but at the end of each wave they maybe have 2-3 kills.

Willeth

keltickennedy said:
I am pretty fed up with the F'n retards online that don't revive downed teammates. Do they realize that you get points from doing it. I was playing horde mode with these turds....so frustrating. I would understand if they were too busy killing shit, but at the end of each wave they maybe have 2-3 kills.
The medic symbol isn't hugely obvious on the HUD and can go unnoticed with everything else that's going on. I've had friends in Horde who know what they're doing not notice until someone's half-down.

Willeth said:
The medic symbol isn't hugely obvious on the HUD and can go unnoticed with everything else that's going on. I've had friends in Horde who know what they're doing not notice until someone's half-down.
It's one of my only complaints with changes between 2 to 3 that confuses me. The icon is much smaller now, and with all the potential chaos, people don't notice it as easily.

I guess it's one way to encourage actual voice communication, but it's odd to see the UI change like this.

Willeth said:

There is the medic symbol and also a big press "Y" prompt in the middle of the screen that triggers the camera at the downed teammate....hard not to pay attention to.

Hixx

They need to put a regional matchmaking option in. Spent most of the afternoon playing with americans and I've NEVER been so infuriated with Gears 3 from beta to now. It was shockingly shit, I would NEVER win a gnasher fight. Last 2 games, server obviously closer to home (lot of Irish gamertags in), get back to back Vigilant medals.

Level 26, you lot in your 40s and 50s put me to shame. And I still can't get my head round them not changing meatshield/revive prompts. I hate stealing kills and I've done it half a dozen times today trying to revive someone.

-PXG-

Gillian Seed said:
The single player campaign is Great! But as expected the online MP is Terrible! :(

Three things:

- You're new to the game
- You're in the ghetto that is having a shitty connection
- You don't have a solid group of people to play with

...as expected...LOL

That's cute

FYI Gears isn't Gears without healthy doses of rage and shit talking

JambiBum said:
65. You go to work.

Oh tomorrow, and Thursday onward, I have SO much free time, bitch. You're on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom