• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 3 |OT| BROTHERS TO THE END

Status
Not open for further replies.
HawksWinStanley said:
I just saw the retro lancer comparison vid. What's with the graphics downgrade? The new coloring makes everything look washed out and it seems like some shadows are missing now.

Marcus' hair wasn't moving either in the retail version while it did when he shifted his balance in the beta.
Just gave it a watch too, shame they took out some effects like that, it all adds up in the end.

I dislike the more yellow lighting on that mall map too, ugh piss filter has invaded gears 3

XxCGSxX

HawksWinStanley said:
I just saw the retro lancer comparison vid. What's with the graphics downgrade? The new coloring makes everything look washed out and it seems like some shadows are missing now.

Marcus' hair wasn't moving either in the retail version while it did when he shifted his balance in the beta.
I didn't notice that the first time I watched it, the hair thing. I wonder why they downgraded it.

Cheska

Won't be able to get my copy until Monday afternoon, so major bummer for sure :( How are so many places in NYC getting this a week early?

striKeVillain! said:
I like everyone going ballistic in that Epic Forums thread.

"Shadows missing? I'm cancelling my pre-order!" :lol

I look forward to playing against them next week.

It's still kind of disappointing. I'm just wondering what the reason was for the change. Checkout ran really smoothly in the beta and looked great. Now, not so much.

Cheska said:
Won't be able to get my copy until Monday afternoon, so major bummer for sure :( How are so many places in NYC getting this a week early?

Shipments were sent out last week, so they're just sitting undisturbed in most shops :p

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
OdysseusVA said:
If it wasn't clear before, this is why EPIC is now charging for skins lol blame the people for buying them
http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p5197.m570.l1313&_nkw=gears+of+war+3+crimson+omen+skin&_sacat=See-All-Categories

Well, to be fair, it's that and MS knowing from experience with the avatar market place that people will spend the money on it.

I know I'm guilty of it.

Mihael Mello Keehl said:
wow they arent even that raw..oh well some fools are gonna buy them.. look at that 20$ buy it now lol..I bet we can buy all the buyable skins for less than than that or equal to it..

"Aren't even that raw?"

I this some kind of new hip teenager slang?

Willeth

Xamdou said:
So I bought the Gears 3 controller, but what kind of warranty does it have?
Did you not get a giant ream of paper in the box? That's what I got last time I bought a controller. About sixty different booklets, each in a different language. IIRC it's a year.

DarkChild

Banned
HawksWinStanley said:
It's still kind of disappointing. I'm just wondering what the reason was for the change. Checkout ran really smoothly in the beta and looked great. Now, not so much.
I wouldn't say they downgraded it, it looks much better in SP.
OLD lighting
112bu6s.jpg

NEW lighting
15ck56a.jpg

Alienshogun said:
Well, to be fair, it's that and MS knowing from experience with the avatar market place that people will spend the money on it.

I know I'm guilty of it.

"Aren't even that raw?"

Dude your so "cooked" cant believe you dont even know about epic raw'ness. Obviously your not "rare" enough for this crowd guess that whats its like when your almost "burnt"

DarkChild said:
OLD lighting
http://i54.tinypic.com/112bu6s.jpg[/IM]
NEW lighting
[IMG]http://i54.tinypic.com/15ck56a.jpg[/IM][/QUOTE]

That does look better. But what bothered me most about the Checkout footage was the lack of animation in the hair. That was such a great feature and it looks like they axed it.

zlatko

Banned
The Xtortionist said:
What flaws? Besides the game being almost too good?

Iseewhatyoudidthar.jpg

We'll wait till most of GAF gets its hands on it, but even the best of best games have some small flaws worth pointing out. Maybe like the A.I in Gears 3 multi is still atrocious for bots even on insane? Who knows except people who have played it.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
StalkerUKCG said:
Dude your so "cooked" cant believe you dont even know about epic raw'ness. Obviously your not "rare" enough for this crowd guess that whats its like when your almost "burnt"

My mind, tis blown.

Ramirez

I've tried the ExpertZone thing on two different emails, and I can't get it to work. Feel like a doofus for wasting my time doing all of the surveys twice for nothing, lol.

Vire

HawksWinStanley said:
That does look better. But what bothered me most about the Checkout footage was the lack of animation in the hair. That was such a great feature and it looks like they axed it.
I want Dom beard physics.

XxCGSxX

Guys, for those of you who want to get the Crimson Omen from expert zone try this. Last week under walmart didn't work, this was under an account I had when I worked there but it seems that since the Beta Expert Zone members who are from Walmart are excluded from not only the store but from promotions also. Then I made a new account with Sam's Club just to give it a try since Sam's doesn't need verification just like Walmart and it worked. So find some local Sam's club info and give it a try. Note: you need to make a new account with a new email because changing stores doesn't work.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
JambiBum said:
Think you mean that your mind is cooked

I don't even know wtf is going on anymore.

Someone hold me.

Ramirez said:
I've tried the ExpertZone thing on two different emails, and I can't get it to work. Feel like a doofus for wasting my time doing all of the surveys twice for nothing, lol.

"Your feedback is important to us."

Alienshogun said:
"Aren't even that raw?"

I dont know Im 21 Ive been saying that since like my junior year of highschool..gaf always uses and know the same terms or slang. Im just saying stuff I know. but yea raw as in "cool" as I might say or "neat!" :lol

Vire

XxCGSxX said:
Guys, for those of you who want to get the Crimson Omen from expert zone try this. Last week under walmart didn't work, this was under an account I had when I worked there but it seems that since the Beta Expert Zone members who are from Walmart are excluded from not only the store but from promotions also. Then I made a new account with Sam's Club just to give it a try since Sam's doesn't need verification just like Walmart and it worked. So find some local Sam's club info and give it a try. Note: you need to make a new account with a new email because changing stores doesn't work.
That's an awful lot of effort for a dumb skin...

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Mihael Mello Keehl said:
I dont know Im 21 Ive been saying that since like my junior year of highschool..gaf always uses and know the same terms or slang. Im just saying stuff I know. but yea raw as in "cool" as I might say or "neat!" :lol

Yeah, must be some new fangled youngin' speak I'm not aware of.

XxCGSxX

Vire said:
That's an awful lot of effort for a dumb skin...
Just pointing it out :p , didn't work for me last week on my legit Walmart account, made a new account again with walmart didn't work. Then I made one with Sam's and it worked. Someone give it a try and see if it still works.

Willeth

ZROCOOL said:
this makes me sad, and happy at the same time. congratz man
Basically ExpertZone is still dishing out codes but is buggy as all hell. Keep trying - that Sam's Club method might well work out.

smik

this thread is going well :) the hype is rising so fast!

but this time im not afraid, GoW3 will deliver on so many levels.

I barely played any of the beta but goddamn if I am not hyped for this full release!

EDIT: So, it's pretty much confirmed that we're going to get a prequel (a la Reach) after Gears 3 right? Just looking at that timeline seems to indicate they're leaving it pretty open to go in that direction.

Gunstar77

GAF Madden 2006 Season 1 NFC Champ
I just hope that an updated Clock Tower makes it in one of the DLC, that is by far my favorite map from the Gears series so far.

Volimar

striKeVillain! said:
I barely played any of the beta but goddamn if I am not hyped for this full release!

EDIT: So, it's pretty much confirmed that we're going to get a prequel (a la Reach) after Gears 3 right? Just looking at that timeline seems to indicate they're leaving it pretty open to go in that direction.

It's looking that way. I'm not really a fan of prequels. I'd rather more stories from different squads or from Stranded, etc. I'd love if they could make a fallout 3 style game with the player starting out as a Stranded and having to try to find loved ones and help people survive while fighting Locust and Lambent etc. If it could be done well...

Vire

Volimar said:
It's looking that way. I'm not really a fan of prequels. I'd rather more stories from different squads or from Stranded, etc. I'd love if they could make a fallout 3 style game with the player starting out as a Stranded and having to try to find loved ones and help people survive while fighting Locust and Lambent etc. If it could be done well...
I wasn't really a fan of prequels either until I saw one done right. (Reach)

Cliffy, is it alright if I can review what I have seen so far from trailers, and what I've played from the beta? Because I'll give you 10 Cogs out of 10 Cogs. :D

DarkChild said:
OLD lighting
112bu6s.jpg

NEW lighting
15ck56a.jpg
Why does everything look yellow now :/

Also noticed that the bottle and papers on the side on the mall map are now missing too, removed for some reason.

I agree that the beta ran great, why remove and change things now!?

Ballistik

Full Recovery said:
That was a lot of work for a single lancer skin. I'll open the door, I've got the codes.
You got codes? I don't even want to mess with anything, but I'd like one.

Diablohead said:
Why does everything look yellow now :/

It honestly feels like looking at a Gears 1 screenshot on the top, and Gears 2 on the bottom. (In terms of the lighting, Gears 2 was all types of yellow.)

Ballistik said:
You got codes? I don't even want to mess with anything, but I'd like one.

It honestly feels like looking at a Gears 1 screenshot on the top, and Gears 2 on the bottom. (In terms of the lighting, Gears 2 was all types of yellow.)
gears 1 still looks great with the super dark shadows, it's a shame epic seem to not think that way.

DoomGyver

No sorry I already redeemed it, if it didn't take as much time to do I would get extras but I really don't want to do that again. "I've got the codes" is a quote of Kim in Gears 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom