• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 3 |OT| BROTHERS TO THE END

Status
Not open for further replies.

zlatko

Banned
Vire said:

Seeing this again, I have to point out again how shitty Prescott's voice sounds at the end compared to Gears of War 2. At least for that line. In 2 he just has that oomph and pump you up factor, but here it's like he's just trying to run through the line ASAP with no enthusiasm. :(

Shurs

I wasn't going to get this game on day one, but the Kmart deal is too good for me to pass up.

Not only do you get a $20 gaming coupon with Gears 3, but if you buy a one year Xbox Live Gold sub you get $30 off of that, as well.

My Gold sub runs out in October, so it's perfect timing for me.

Vire

zlatko said:
Seeing this again, I have to point out again how shitty Prescott's voice sounds at the end compared to Gears of War 2. At least for that line. In 2 he just has that oomph and pump you up factor, but here it's like he's just trying to run through the line ASAP with no enthusiasm. :(
That isn't Prescott, that's Hoffman.

And who cares - MAD WORLD!

Vire

zlatko said:
Wait what?

It was Prescott in Gears of War 2. So now in Gears 3 it's Hoffman? Why doesn't it sound like him then ?
Hmm maybe my memory is failing me. I may be incorrect about this.

Or it might be all the wine I've had tonight.

kaskade

zychi said:
Free for Prime/Student Prime members ;)
Amazon is probably the best place to buy games. I got 20 bucks with Deus Ex, now I'm getting Gears 3 for 40 bucks with release date shipping, plus another 20 bucks. I don't even have to go out in public.

zlatko

Banned
Vire said:
Hmm maybe my memory is failing me. I may be incorrect about this.

Or it might be all the wine I've had tonight.

You aren't the first person to say this to me. Multiple people have said that the announcer for wins in Gears 2 was Hoffman. It's not though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m1PqfXp8PjY

This is the voice you definitely hear when you win in Gears 2 on COG. Or lose of course. He's definitely the voice in Gears 3 too, but they had him re record some of the same lines, but it's less enthusiastic by a long shot. Gears of War 1 it was Hoffman.

zlatko

Banned
I would also like to propose the offer of my Mechanic Baird for a Savage Kantus trade at launch day. PM me if you want to.

Plasmid

Lunchbox said:
All around me are familiar faces
Worn out places, worn out faces
Bright and early for the daily races
Going nowhere, going nowhere

Their tears are filling up their glasses
No expression, no expression
Hide my head I wanna drown my sorrow
No tomorrow, no tomorrow

Tick tick tick we got all day you gonna move your ass or what son?

5 days 2 hours for THE COLE TRAIN.

DoomGyver

Genesis Knight said:
What's the fastest way to get XP with the 25x Gears 2 event? Other than KoH boosting, of course. Horde or Multi?
If you have a friend that's good at gears, Wingman. Then execution/warzone, and if you're doing poorly play guardian.

Lothars

Genesis Knight said:
I'm only average and none of my friends play, so I guess I'll try the standard execution/warzone.
You could also play horde since it's only tickers on insane it goes really fast but I also find Wingman is a good way to level.

Volimar

Lothars said:
You could also play horde since it's only tickers on insane it goes really fast but I also find Wingman is a good way to level.

Loads of people are playing horde on security right now and just afk. They don't even have to play and they just watch the levels go up. Sad...

Ballistik

malfcn said:
Doing the Brumak run, about 1000 every 10 minutes. What was your method?
Same. I only bother taking out the two squads on the ground though and then quickly reload checkpoint (reloading chapter takes like a second more) its like 60-70 kills each time I believe.

malfcn

Ballistik said:
Same. I only bother taking out the two squads on the ground though and then quickly reload checkpoint (reloading chapter takes like a second more) its like 60-70 kills each time I believe.

The run on Betty looks similar. Brumak is quick though.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
malfcn said:
lvl 100 medal in Gears 3 and all gold weapons.
Are the people doing this ones that missed out on the beta? Because the alternate ways of acquiring the gold weapons seem much, much easier/automatic if you were in the beta.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom