• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 3 |OT| BROTHERS TO THE END

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grisby

Nice, thanks Vire. I just watched the GS video.

Also, got a new geared up avacat from Toppot!
d6ZdI.png

Thanks bud!

Vire

Grisby said:
Nice, thanks Vire. I just watched the GS video.

Also, got a new geared up avacat from Toppot!
d6ZdI.png

Thanks bud!
Haha that's a pretty awesome avatar. I think a photoshoppin' is in order for mine...

I don't care about weapon skins as much, but (probably) not being able to have some of the character skins grinds my Gears. I want Commando Dom, Adam Fenix, and Mechanic Baird :(

And the piss filter in the retail is kinda nasty looking. They keep going further away from the Gears 1 look which I never thought was the right thing to do.

Volimar

Diablohead said:
gears 1 still looks great with the super dark shadows, it's a shame epic seem to not think that way.

It's a shame that epic thinks that players like it better that way. Players seemingly preferred the brighter maps for MP. Sadly...

XxCGSxX

Just want to confirm what I said about the Sam's Club trick, just made an account so I could confirm if it still works. Just in case I chose Customer service Rep as primary job and specializes on selling computers. Then I did the pre survey, silver surveys and post survey. Then do missions 1, 2 and finally 3, go to the main page and click on the change page arrows until you see Get weapon code banner.

What is the first weapon you use in the original Gears of War 1?
first one to reply with the answer gets the Crimson Omen Lancer code.

XxCGSxX said:

EDIT: NO, PISTOL.

Right? Or Shotgun? :lol

Edit;: I guess I was right the first time :p HB ftw

Vire

XxCGSxX said:
Just want to confirm what I said about the Sam's Club trick, just made an account so I could confirm if it still works. Just in case I chose Customer service Rep as primary job and specializes on selling computers. Then I did the pre survey, silver surveys and post survey. Then do missions 1, 2 and finally 3, go to the main page and click on the change page arrows until you see Get weapon code banner.

Frag Grenade or Hammerburst. :p

That's pretty nice of you to do that.

zlatko

Banned
ZROCOOL said:
I'll have a spare Adam Fenix. Hint hint lol

Could I have that spare Adam code? :)

Also, I just ran through the gauntlet of all the surveys on Ezone, and where does the crimson code get sent to? I did all 3 Gears surveys and the 4+ silver stuff.

XxCGSxX

zlatko said:

Also, I just ran through the gauntlet of all the surveys on Ezone, and where does the crimson code get sent to? I did all 3 Gears surveys and the 4+ silver stuff.
You get them on the home page, top banner switch pages until you see the Get Weapon code ad.

zlatko said:

Go back to the main page and scroll through the banners. It'll say you have unlocked the skin and to click to get the code

edit: beaten

Xamdou

Shadowlink said:
Thanks! It costs close to the price as the marketplace seller so I'll buy theirs. Oh, and Amazon brought back the Limited Edition. Guess I'm switching Preorders. :D

Np. I've already opened my Gears 3 controller, it looks and feels so good! The attention to detail is amazing and it's damn sexy!

Fuck! I already have a 360 slim, but I really want that console. So I decided to preorder it. DAMN YOU CLIFF BLEZENSKI!

Xamdou said:
Np. I've already opened my Gears 3 controller, it looks and feels so good! The attention to detail is amazing and it's damn sexy!
I want to get the controller, but then I want the console too because it's looks amazing.

Edit: I canceled the console preorder. I'll just get the controller instead. :p

zlatko

Banned
XxCGSxX said:
You get them on the home page, top banner switch pages until you see the Get Weapon code ad.

Didn't happen for me. I read the comments for the 3rd survey and it seems everyone there mentions it's bugged too.

:/ bah.

XxCGSxX

zlatko said:
Didn't happen for me. I read the comments for the 3rd survey and it seems everyone there mentions it's bugged too.

:/ bah.
Did you choose Sam's club since signing up? Because Walmart doesn't work. Also make sure you choose primary job Selling computers and Customer Service Rep. Worked for me last week and less than an hour ago. Also YAY I'm not a junior anymore. :'D

Willeth

Rod just tweeted:

"Fair warning, Horde has a bit of a spoiler in it if you play it through before playing campaign. #themoreyouknow"

So be aware of that. Might be a map setting, enemy type, something else. I know I fought a new enemy in the PAX demo that I've not seen people talking about but it might be more than that.

Raxus

Willeth said:
Rod just tweeted:

"Fair warning, Horde has a bit of a spoiler in it if you play it through before playing campaign. #themoreyouknow"

So be aware of that. Might be a map setting, enemy type, something else. I know I fought a new enemy in the PAX demo that I've not seen people talking about but it might be more than that.
It is a boss. I will say nothing more.

zlatko

Banned
XxCGSxX said:
Did you choose Sam's club since signing up? Because Walmart doesn't work. Also make sure you choose primary job Selling computers and Customer Service Rep. Worked for me last week and less than an hour ago. Also YAY I'm not a junior anymore. :'D

..fuck. I went with walmart.

No way I'm running through all that stuff again. Fuck it. :(

Net_Wrecker said:
I don't care about weapon skins, but (probably) not being able to have some of the character skins grinds my Gears. I want Commando Dom, Adam Fenix, and Mechanic Baird :(

And the piss filter in the retail is kinda nasty looking. They keep going further away from the Gears 1 look which I never thought was the right thing to do.
Piss filter is the new brown/grey. The beta looked great; I don't understand why they would change that.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Willeth said:
Rod just tweeted:

It's probably just the fact that
Locust and Lambent fight eachother.

Raxus said:
It is a boss. I will say nothing more.

The queen's mount?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom