• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 3 |OT| BROTHERS TO THE END

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
I said it before, and I'll say it again. Jesus people are leveling fast, there must be some kind of "wall" you hit post 50 where it slows down immensely.

malfcn

enzo_gt said:
Are the people doing this ones that missed out on the beta? Because the alternate ways of acquiring the gold weapons seem much, much easier/automatic if you were in the beta.

I think it is mostly for epeen and cheevo completion.

50,000 now.

lvl50 is around 25-30% to 100.

Grisby

HawksWinStanley said:
I know it's pathetic but I'm still pouting over the fact that the characters' hair doesn't move anymore.

Wait, what? I can't remember if Aynas hair moved in the beta. Thats strange to take it out.

Grisby said:
Wait, what? I can't remember if Aynas hair moved in the beta. Thats strange to take it out.

I'm hoping it was just taken out in the multiplayer and hoping even more that it (for some reason) is only done in P2P games to help improve the connection or something and that dedicated server games will have it. I don't even know if that makes sense but I've still got my fingers crossed.

Ballistik

HawksWinStanley said:
I'm hoping it was just taken out in the multiplayer and hoping even more that it (for some reason) is only done in P2P games to help improve the connection or something and that dedicated server games will have it. I don't even know if that makes sense but I've still got my fingers crossed.
Wow, that actually sounds crazy enough to be true. Might only be because of P2P.

Vire

HawksWinStanley said:
No, that makes absolutely zero sense. It probably had to do with the performance and how it was affecting the frame rate in graphics intensive moments for single player so they just cut it to save system resources and maintain stability. In all honesty, who cares? You are right, it's very pathetic. The game still looks spectacular and there's nothing to be upset over. If it was a major gameplay feature that was left on the cutting board, then fine.

see5harp

It's hard to believe I finally hit 100 and deleted my gave install immediately. Gears 2 is on the shelf for the rest of it's lifetime. Good riddance.

malfcn

see5harp said:
It's hard to believe I finally hit 100 and deleted my gave install immediately. Gears 2 is on the shelf for the rest of it's lifetime. Good riddance.

I deleted All Fronts after my 100. Game goes bye-bye after 1750..

53,000 kills.

Xamdou

see5harp said:

What lvl were you last week? What gametype did you grind on? Wingman?

Plasmid

I've no hope for getting my wings, but i'm not bothered at all, gears 3 is all i want ;D.

Although i wish i the seriously 2.0 was easier.

Also i think seriously 3.0 is
36k kills in multiplayer.

I didn't want to know that Gridlock's been remade for Gears 3, thanks GAF.
Thus I'm ignoring this thread until I've seen everything of the game.

Ballistik

vodka-bull said:
Wait.. multiplayer maps are spoilers? They were officially announced by epic, and its in OP too.

whitehawk

Banned
vodka-bull said:
Did you know the gun in the game has a chainsaw in it?

Volimar said:
Asshole went right through the poor ash bodies! No respect for the dead...

Gears has me getting emotional.
Lol, I actually tried to chainsaw an ash body the first time I played Gridlock in Gears 3. Turned around, thought I saw the figure of a person and fired up my chainsaw :p

Defunkled

Shurs said:
I wasn't going to get this game on day one, but the Kmart deal is too good for me to pass up.

Not only do you get a $20 gaming coupon with Gears 3, but if you buy a one year Xbox Live Gold sub you get $30 off of that, as well.

My Gold sub runs out in October, so it's perfect timing for me.

This needs to be quoted. Great deal, people!

Plasmid said:
6000 kills per weapon for onyx medals.

SOS
Lancer
Gnasher
Hammerburst
Retro

30k or am i missing something :lol.

Oh, I see what you were saying.

Don't all medals have an Onyx version, like Assistant and Spotter? And can they be done offline?

Addnan

The Xtortionist said:
Oh, I see what you were saying.

Don't all medals have an Onyx version, like Assistant and Spotter? And can they be done offline?
Yes, all medals have Onyx and needs to be reached for seriously. They can be done offline.

see5harp

Xamdou said:
What lvl were you last week? What gametype did you grind on? Wingman?

I went from 91 to 100 mainly playing guardian and execution. Once i switched to wingman, i started going up 1/5 or 1/4 of a level each round. Wingman is definitely the way to go if you are at least an average player.

MotherFUCKER. I haven't played Gears 2 competitively in years, and I suddenly fucking suck. Doesn't make sense, I was stomping mudholes all through the beta. Seems like it takes four fucking Gnasher shots to down somebody, but oh, they even wing me and I am on the fucking ground. Goddamn this game sucks.

Raxus

ConradCervantes said:
MotherFUCKER. I haven't played Gears 2 competitively in years, and I suddenly fucking suck. Doesn't make sense, I was stomping mudholes all through the beta. Seems like it takes four fucking Gnasher shots to down somebody, but oh, they even wing me and I am on the fucking ground. Goddamn this game sucks.
Welcome to Gears 2!

malfcn

Just crossed 60,000 kills.

I remember how badass the beta was, that is what keeps me going til midnight release. Gonna get home, open up the box. While installing the game check out the statue and get ready to bro-op.

zlatko

Banned
malfcn said:
Just crossed 60,000 kills.

I remember how badass the beta was, that is what keeps me going til midnight release. Gonna get home, open up the box. While installing the game check out the statue and get ready to bro-op.

Don't forget you have to sniff the fresh new game smell. Fuck I love that smell.

abracadaver said:
50 minutes left

FhKy6.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom