• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 3 |OT| BROTHERS TO THE END

Status
Not open for further replies.

malfcn

Updated my router and tried to open ports. I have a Cisco e2500, opening seemed easy enough. They aren't already open? How can I check to see it worked, they don't get listed on a setup screen after completing.

I have to open per IP, now to find what my xbox is, or set it to a static address. Anyone help? It was easy to do on an old Netgear I had.
Figured out that I can set it manually from the Xbox. Damnit, now it says I am strict NAT.

Wurdfurd

Can not wait to play this. New work schedule where I am off monday/tuesdays (for 2 months) starts on the 18th so it couldn't work better.

Hopefully I can snag a LE from a midnight launch at Best Buy. (yes im stupid and didn't preorder...what a mistake that was)

zlatko

Banned
Awesome! I was watching a stream for a fighting game, and glanced over to the chat section and some asshole spoiled the ending. I read fast, so I saw GEARS OF WAR 3 BLAH BLAH BLAH... I looked away, but it was too late.

I doubt he was making up shit either. I'm seriously heart broken here. Not mad. A giant wind was just taken out from under me. God I hope what that fucking douchebag wrote isn't the real thing. No more stream chats for me until I get to play.

malfcn

Is there an indicator if your NAT is strict on XBL now? I restarted my router and no pop-up telling me. Should I assume I am good? Want to make sure I am good to gear.

zlatko said:
Awesome! I was watching a stream for a fighting game, and glanced over to the chat section and some asshole spoiled the ending. I read fast, so I saw GEARS OF WAR 3 BLAH BLAH BLAH... I looked away, but it was too late.

I doubt he was making up shit either. I'm seriously heart broken here. Not mad. A giant wind was just taken out from under me. God I hope what that fucking douchebag wrote isn't the real thing. No more stream chats for me until I get to play.

I know that feel. I had some little shit spoil the RDR ending for me the day I bought it, during multiplayer.

Addnan

malfcn said:
Is there an indicator if your NAT is strict on XBL now? I restarted my router and no pop-up telling me. Should I assume I am good? Want to make sure I am good to gear.
If it was strict it would tell you after running the test in the settings.

Wurdfurd

malfcn said:
Do you have Reach, MW2, or Blops? Those are 3 games i know that tell you your NAT type.

I think Crysis 2 might as well...

zlatko

Banned
Phonomezer said:
I know that feel. I had some little shit spoil the RDR ending for me the day I bought it, during multiplayer.

That's the sole reason I never hop into MP first when a game comes out. Even Call of Duty games I roll through the campaign first just to avoid spoilers. :/

malfcn

syssettings_testliveredbox.jpg

No !!! and no pop-up. I should be good.
I had to manually set my IP through the Xbox so I could forward the ports open through the router. Since I didn't reboot after setting it up, things were upset the first time. Now that I rebooted things are fine.

Where in Gears 2?

IGN is showing their dumbness. They had to do a video to tell fans that a DLC code is on the Octus medal. Jeez..

Jb

Giantbomb: 5/5
"Gears of War 3 is a fantastic follow-up that answers important questions about the nature of the Gears universe while backing it all up with an even bigger, better multiplayer suite."

Quick Look also available.

Jb

GameInformer: 9.5
"Gears 3 is a fantastic idea polished to near perfection by an enormous crew of talented developers and a bottomless budget."

Gentlemen, we have ourselves a GOTY contender :)

Cheska

I don't believe there was ever any doubt that this game would receive steller reviews. Hurray anyways though, EPIC deserves it! :D

dragct

Gamer365 (Hungary) - 9 / 10

[+]
+ Top quality TPS-experience
+ Deeper, more serious story
+ Varied and beautiful settings
+ Fantastic graphics
+ Colours!
+ Better Horde mode, new Beast mode

[-]
- Gameplay haven't changed a lot
- There are a few unneccessarily empty areas