• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 3 |OT| BROTHERS TO THE END

Status
Not open for further replies.

JambiBum

Drealmcc0y said:
Seriously, what does SOS add to this game except for noobs to learn the curve?

Is there an answer?
It adds options. Just like every other weapon in the game. I hate the thing but I understand why it's in the game. You're just coming across as a gnasher elitist.

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
The SOS isn't all that bad.

If they miss, they're done for. If they kill you, prolly would have if they had the gnasher out.

This troll message was brought to you by DMG04

Question- Why the hell is the Limited Edition so hard to find?
Gamestop and Amazon are both shown as retailers who carry the item, yet it's unavailable online.

I do have 1 positive to say though. With all these scrubs using the retro and SOS, im gonna own so many people with my hammerburst. Just keep a distance and they're screwed.

cresto

Planning to run through the gears 2 campaign with my buddy on my monday night and then will head over to best buy for the midnight release. READY!

Manos: The Hans of Fate said:
Ah, I missed this since I've moved, the hunt for the pre-release in NJ/NY, such fond memories.

I always recommend checking GameFaqs, yeah it's like Mos Eisley, but you can find a lot before a thread gets modded, ironically for "piracy" and I've tried appealing closings several times...but that isn't here or now.

Where can you physically get to? I can give you some of my old haunts that might be of use.

Pretty much anywhere in Manhattan

dmg04 said:
If they miss, they're done for. If they kill you, prolly would have if they had the gnasher out.

If they miss, they're done for.

If they miss

9bqio.jpg

CitizenCope said:
Can someone refresh my memory.

Casual
Normal
Hardcore

Is that right or was there another level of difficulty?

Ludicrous difficulty.

JK, it's called Insane.

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
dmg04 said:
Gamestop and Amazon are both shown as retailers who carry the item, yet it's unavailable online.
^^^^^
I would hope the Epic edition was manufactured in smaller quantities than the Limited

It also doesn't help that the reticule and hip fire spread of the sawed off is pretty much the width of your screen (slightly exaggerating but yeah) :/

J-P

Neo Member
In the beginning of the beta, i swore off the SOS as a piece of shit "noob" weapon. By the end, I was using it to mist people with glee. It really is fun as hell to use. If you(I) can't beat em.....

CyReN

Guy in my city is selling a new copy off Craiglist for $65, should I try? never done this before and want to keep my ass virginity.

dmg04 said:
I was able to pre-order it on Amazon a couple of days ago.

Raxus said:
Is getting murdered worth it?

A murderer would probably come up with a better product than Gears of War 3.

Like if I was a rapist/murderer, I'd probably put a (fake) super-rare, signed Justin Bieber poster up or something.

Satchel

Banned
Wow, IGN really did give it a 9.0. Didn't think I'd get it right down to the point.

In all honesty, IGN could give it a 5.6 and I'd still make love to my copy. This game is going to fucking own my life. Until my kid is born in November of course.

-PXG- said:
The SOS' ability to down you with full health has been removed. So now, it either kills you, misses, or does a tiny bit of damage. It will only down you if you've already taken a significant amount of damage
Would love to say that this works but it doesn't. Unfortunately it still downs even when you're at 0 damage. I've experienced it a lot playing today. :/

Apoc87

Banned
dmg04 said:

Best Buy is offering preorders on the limited.

Gamestop says all of the limited preorders are used up.

Amazon, i dont know about.

CyReN said:
Guy in my city is selling a new copy off Craiglist for $65, should I try? never done this before and want to keep my ass virginity.
What city? Just do it in public, very easy to limit risk and exposure.

That said if others aren't offering it too...than its a tourist visiting the canals at night situation...not advisable.

JackEtc

So GAF. I've never really played a Gears game before. I got the Gears PC version, which was not good, played Gears 2 at a sleepover at a friends once for about 5 hours, and played one game of Gears 3 on PAX East.

I get my first paycheck tomorrow, and depending on how big it is (I still need to buy a GPU for Battlefield 3), I'll be buying it. But am I going to enjoy this? I need a multiplayer game to play until Battlefield 3, but will I suck? I'm also interested in single player, but I don't really know much about the story...

Help.

overcast

JackEtc said:
So GAF. I've never really played a Gears game before. I got the Gears PC version, which was not good, played Gears 2 at a sleepover at a friends once for about 5 hours, and played one game of Gears 3 on PAX East.

I get my first paycheck tomorrow, and depending on how big it is (I still need to buy a GPU for Battlefield 3), I'll be buying it. But am I going to enjoy this? I need a multiplayer game to play until Battlefield 3, but will I suck? I'm also interested in single player, but I don't really know much about the story...

Help.
Get it dude. As long as you know what to expect (3rd person shooter). You can go through the campaign and get used to the controls. As a gamer it won't be too difficult to get solid at.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
The game comes out a day before my birthday. I have never wanted to be older this badly before. GET HERE ALREADY.

2San

JackEtc said:

Help.
Well in the end of the day it's a team game and Gears is at it best when played with friends. Do you have a solid crew to run with? If yes, just buy it. If no, it still worth it to think it through.

Vire

JackEtc said:

Help.
Honestly, this is the most accessible Gears of War game yet. They added a casual playlist this time around for new comers to get their feet wet in addition to some more beginner friendly weapons.

The story isn't overly complex and they have a brief recap of events video in the menu as well.

This is the best co-op franchise you will ever play - so be sure to grab a buddy!

XxCGSxX

JackEtc said:

Help.
Rent Gears 1/2 and beat them, you can go through them pretty fast. Then go ahead and buy 3, I'm sure single player is going to be awesome. After you beat the single player go ahead and dive into multiplayer you'll get the hang of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom