• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 3 |OT| BROTHERS TO THE END

Status
Not open for further replies.

Proelite

ZeroRay said:
So the IGN vid review said the campaign is 15-20 hours.

Well shit. But I'm guessing it's closer to 10 as they have a tendency to heavily exaggerate play times.

They have difficulty writing good reviews so I can easily see them struggle against artificial intelligence.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
ZeroRay said:
Crash Bandicoot, brah.
Alright I give you Crash Bandicoot.

No points for Jack & Daxter.

You'll be able to customize your guns for a little cash, either ala carte or in special packs, on launch day in Gears of War 3. Epic has confirmed with MTV Multiplayer that 21 different skins will be available, including floral prints, rainbows and several animated motifs.

Pricing for these weapons hasn't been revealed yet (at the moment they're listed as -1 MS Point each, which we expect to change because that's ridiculous). Producer Rod Fergusson promises to spill the beans on Friday at 5:30pm PDT during a live stream event on Twitch TV.

Yay!

ZeroRay said:
So the IGN vid review said the campaign is 15-20 hours.

Well shit. But I'm guessing it's closer to 10 as they have a tendency to heavily exaggerate play times.

I generally like a lengthy campaign experience but I'm glad it's somewhat short because I don't know how long I'm going to be able to keep myself away from the multiplayer.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
We had a guy here play through and beat it in an 11-12 hour span WITHOUT playing straight through, so 8-10 hours is probably pretty spot on.

Rimfya

Banned
Oh crap. 15-20 HOURS?!

Me and my bro took the day off to do Gears 2 in one sitting. Not sure this is going to be possible this time!!

ZeroRay

The length sounds good to me either way.

I'm actually looking forward to the single player the most, as I won't have much time for MP.

JB1981

Got Deus Ex during that amazon sale ... came in the mail today .. don't know why I got it because this is the only game I'll play until November. So hyped.

Shadybiz

Alright damnit, I'm biting on this. I will have to renew Xbox Live though. ...Can't resist. I'll have at least one good friend to play with; possibly 2.

This has aroused an eagerness in me that may cause me to take a vacation day next Friday and play all day.

Hixx

Creamium said:
Got an email from Shopto this morning saying my copy shipped. Hell yes.

It probably won't be sent until saturday though, Game have been processing them since sunday night for example.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Rimfya said:
Oh crap. 15-20 HOURS?!

Me and my bro took the day off to do Gears 2 in one sitting. Not sure this is going to be possible this time!!

No.

JambiBum said:
Jim Sterling is possibly my favorite troll ever.

I can't stand to look at his Jabba the hut/Pizza the hut ass.

Just checked my order to see if it had shipped yet. Found out it was shipping to my old address. I'm glad you guys were talking about your copies being shipped or I would be in some serious shit!

JambiBum

Alienshogun said:
No.

I can't stand to look at his Jabba the hut/Pizza the hut ass.
He wrote an article calling out everyone who said something bad about his review. Doing the exact thing that you are upset with people over just screams hypocrite. I only follow him to watch the magic happen.

Puddles

Banned
Glad the OP was contained in one post, but it's still overkill.

This forum needs to stop with the practice of allowing posters to reserve OT-creation rights and just go with a free system. First thread up is the OT unless it sucks. That would be better.

With that said, Day 1.

Puddles said:

This forum needs to stop with the practice of allowing posters to reserve OT-creation rights and just go with a free system. First thread up is the OT unless it sucks. That would be better.

With that said, Day 1.
Wait... what? I almost need to quote my own avatar!

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Puddles said:

With that said, Day 1.
Well the whole point of calling OTs is to avoid it sucking and being a race to be the one who makes a megathread for the sake of it, derp.

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
-htownplaya- said:
Normal, Solo, No mutators, it was my first play through. Might run through it again with mutators.

Can't recall much of Gears 1 or 2 but it's probably closer to 1.
9-12 hours on Normal? Nice.

Hardcore it is.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
JB1981 said:
how spoiler heavy is the gametrailers video review?
Story-wise, not much. But they show some of the setpieces.

I've watched a few of the reviews and really, I would suggest people avoid all the video reviews out there. Strangely enough, the Giantbomb 48 minute Quicklook is the least spoilerific of anything.

JB1981 said:
how spoiler heavy is the gametrailers video review?

Good question. I want to watch it, but I'm on a semi-media blackout.

@Puddles: you should have registered earlier xD

EDIT: you should be a member by now. xD

EDIT2: thanks enzo_gt

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
JambiBum said:
He wrote an article calling out everyone who said something bad about his review. Doing the exact thing that you are upset with people over just screams hypocrite. I only follow him to watch the magic happen.

Yeah, I can understand that.

The second most annoying "personality" next to him is Ben Kuchera, and while Ben isn't as bad as sterling, he's the most unintentionally annoying.

Puddles said:

With that said, Day 1.

Why? What? And HUH!?!

Puddles

Banned
metareferential said:
Good question. I want to watch it, but I'm on a semi-media blackout.

@Puddles: you should have registered earlier xD

EDIT: you should be a member by now. xD

EDIT2: thanks enzo_gt

I got demoted. I wouldn't make OTs even if I was a member, but I was annoyed for awhile at the huge OTs that became the trend after BruceLeeRoy. This one is thankfully quite restrained, but it's still quite graphic heavy.

Anyway, I have to say that Season Pass is probably the worst development I've ever seen in the modern gaming world, and it's pretty much the writing on the wall for the fact that DLC is out of fucking control.

-PXG-

Puddles said:

With that said, Day 1.

lol wut. thisisneogafdude.gif

Overkill my ass. I cut out A LOT of stuff. It was going to be much longer. I just didn't have the time or patience to do anything longer than I did. Plus, I didn't want put potential spoilers in there, for those who are on media blackout.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Puddles said:
I got demoted. I wouldn't make OTs even if I was a member, but I was annoyed for awhile at the huge OTs that became the trend after BruceLeeRoy. This one is thankfully quite restrained, but it's still quite graphic heavy.

Anyway, I have to say that Season Pass is probably the worst development I've ever seen in the modern gaming world, and it's pretty much the writing on the wall for the fact that DLC is out of fucking control.

You do realize "overkill" in the OTs makes the developers and overall community happy right? It's a 1 stop shop for hype and information that no one has to pay for.

This place is frequented by developers, if you put care into a thread about their game, they will pay YOUR community attention.

There's a reason Cliff posts here and not on the Epic forums.

Stuff like the OT "rule" is what sets NeoGAF apart from the other tripe that are internet game forums.

-PXG-

Alienshogun said:
You do realize "overkill" in the OTs makes the developers and overall community happy right? It's a 1 stop shop for hype and information that no one has to pay for.

This place is frequented by developers, if you put care into a thread about their game, they will pay YOUR community attention.

There's a reason Cliff posts here and not on the Epic forums.

Stuff like the OT "rule" is what sets NeoGAF apart from the other tripe that are internet game forums.

This man gets it.

I wanted to do the OT because I'm a huge fan of Gears and Epic. Gears doesn't get enough love on GAF. I took it upon myself to take personal time to make the OT to pimp out. If it was for anything, it was for my love the of the game, those who make it and to share it with you guys and those who have similar passion. Plus, I'm confident in my own abilities to do a good job and give the game and developers proper justice with my work. I wasn't going to do anything half assed or mammy made.

-PXG-

Puddles said:
Threads like this are better. But it is nice to have a lot of info in one place.

Uh ok.

Unless you have some shitty third world internet or awful bandwidth caps, and as long as the OP contains solid info, how many graphics it contains shouldn't be an issue.

I guess people need things to complain about.

Puddles

Banned
Anyway, fuck a Day 1 50% surcharge for content that's coming later. DLC is really out of control at this point when a developer launches a game with enough DLC in the pipeline to nearly equal the value of the game itself. Remember when DLC was supposed to be a way for developers to give you extra content if they came up with some cool ideas after the main game was released?

Puddles said:
Anyway, fuck a Day 1 50% surcharge for content that's coming later. DLC is really out of control at this point when a developer launches a game with enough DLC in the pipeline to nearly equal the value of the game itself. Remember when DLC was supposed to be a way for developers to give you extra content if they came up with some cool ideas after the main game was released?

The game is a behemoth of content even without DLC.

-PXG-

The Xtortionist said:
The one thing I don't like about the OT is that it's almost too good.

After a week or two, I might get a mod to change the title to

Gears of War 3 |OT| It's Almost TOO Good...

Anyway, I might rock a new avatar for Gears 3. Something derpy though. Something incredibly stupid and something that I will laugh at every time I see. Better than that creepy Sonic cake I had.

Jhoan

-PXG- said:
This man gets it.

I wanted to do the OT because I'm a huge fan of Gears and Epic. Gears doesn't get enough love on GAF. I took it upon myself to take personal time to make the OT to pimp out. If it was for anything, it was for my love the of the game, those who make it and to share it with you guys and those who have similar passion. Plus, I'm confident in my own abilities to do a good job and give the game and developers proper justice with my work. I wasn't going to do anything half assed or mammy made.

And it's appreciated. Everyone here on GAF has a life outside of these forums and are incredibly busy people so people go out of their way to make sure that each OT is special in their own way. You did a good job on it no questions asked. You're were the right man for the job since you are the resident Gears fan in these boards plus I've seen your Gears devotion picture. No joke folks, -PXG- is the real deal when it comes to Gears.

Puddles

Banned
metareferential said:
The game is a behemoth of content even without DLC.

I guess I'm just opposed to the idea of $45 worth of DLC being planned out before the main game is released.

I'll still buy the main game, and I'm not implying that Epic is skipping on the Day 1 content, but I really don't like where this DLC trend is going. Imagine what EA will do with an idea like Season Pass.

-PXG- said:
After a week or two, I might get a mod to change the title to

Gears of War 3 |OT| It's Almost TOO Good...

We gotta make it clear that this isn't another Gears 2

Gears of War 3 |OT| It Actually Is Almost Too Good

And for fun: Gears of War 3 |OT2| (Cole) Train Kept a Rollin'

j2EOM.jpg

Edit - Suggestion: and the pic of Cliff's post saying "this time it works" should probably be near the top of the OT.

-PXG- said:
Anyway, I might rock a new avatar for Gears 3. Something derpy though. Something incredibly stupid and something that I will laugh at every time I see. Better than that creepy Sonic cake I had.

That Sonic avatar is gonna be tough to beat. I was so jelly when you got that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom